Hal Lindsey - Late, Great Planet Earth

Dear @AspiringSoul - you know I’m ok with you and have nothing against you. I totally get why a line of logic that gives some kind of divine legitimacy to the timing of the return of the Jews to their land hugely annoying.

Are there elements of the “synagogue of satan” mixed in with the present state of Israel? Of course!

Did the establishment of that state really mark the beginning of the “fig tree” generation? Time will certainly tell - my parents were both born in 1948, they are still with me, but neither of them are as young as they once were.
Come on mate....line of logic? There was no logic there and my post completely shut that argument down. Not trying to boast here...the calculations were bogus and proven. How could you purposely ignore the content of my post to say that? At the very least it shows you lack integrity.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Come on mate....line of logic? There was no logic there and my post completely shut that argument down. Not trying to boast here...the calculations were bogus and proven. How could you purposely ignore the content of my post to say that? At the very least it shows you lack integrity.
Not at all, you are free to disagree with those calculations as much as I am happy to accept them. We live in a unique moment toward the end of what some believe to be the “fig tree generation” and time itself will settle the areas of disagreement.

My ability to change your mind, or your prowess with a calculator will not budge events one way or another ;-)

It's actually insane what I'm reading here..insanity.
The guy has literally counted the years of punishment for Jews...and somehow those years include the entire second period era which includes the 33 yrs of Jesus himself.

Forget that the calculations were wrong or that it wasn't his own calculation. The fact he could post such a thing and not even stop to think "hold on...this doesn't add up. Jesus came..why is that part of the punishment?"

The reality is that 40 years for Jews and 390 years for Israel, refers to the number of years they were sinful.

"5 I have assigned you the same number of days as the years of their sin. So for 390 days you will bear the sin of the people of Israel"

The promise from God to punish them 7x over...that is only IF they failed to repent and remained hostile That isn't the case here since the Jews were forgiven and the slate was wiped clean when they returned from Babylon anyway. So you're not only forgetting Jesus..you're forgetting all the promises God made to be bless the Jews after their punishment in Babylon.

"21 “‘If you remain hostile toward me and refuse to listen to me, I will multiply your afflictions seven times over, as your sins deserve."

Multiply their afflictions 7x over isnt necessarily arithmetical..it could mean the magnitude/depth of punishment.
For example in 70ad 1m Jews were massacred. It may have only been 1/7th of that number excpt they went on killing Christians in the period after Jesus.

Sorry but the only relevance to 1948 and the creation of Israel coincides with 42months/1260 days of the gentiles coming to an end. That is when Muslims lost control of the holy land.

Muslims conquered Jerusalem in
637AD
first crusade where it was lost to Christians..
1099AD
Muslims took it back in 1187 and held it till 1948. 761 years and 462 years
Total 1223 syears of Muslim control.
In lunar years that is 1223 X 1.03068

That comes to exactly 1260..

The period of gentiles coming to an end...in Rev 11, coincides with the death of the 2 witnesses..and the arrival of the antichrist at the city figurately known as Sodom and Egypt.

You're talking flipping fig trees n shit.
You've lost the plot

Cintra

Star
Hmmm yeah my dad had a copy he got from my grandfather. It scared him. I’d like to read it again to see how the predictions held up.
There is a copy on archive.org, that's what I am reading.

Not at all, you are free to disagree with those calculations as much as I am happy to accept them. We live in a unique moment toward the end of what some believe to be the “fig tree generation” and time itself will settle the areas of disagreement.

My ability to change your mind, or your prowess with a calculator will not budge events one way or another ;-)
The fact you think 33yrs of Jesus is included in a bogus calculation of God's 7 fold punishment on the Jewish nation....
What is that? Delusion? Stupidity?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
There is a copy on archive.org, that's what I am reading.

You know, I think I might read it myself!

“The impact of The Late Great Planet Earth cannot be overstated. The New York Times called it the "number one best-seller of the decade". This blockbuster offered Christians and non-Christians of the 1970s a wake-up call to events to come, and some already unfolding, that herald the return of Jesus Christ.

The years since have confirmed Lindsey's insights into what biblical prophecy says about the times we live in: the rebirth of Israel, the threat of war in the Middle East, an increase in natural catastrophes, the revival of Satanism and witchcraft. These and other signs, foreseen by prophets from Moses to Jesus, portend the coming of an antichrist, of a war which will bring humanity to the brink of destruction, and of incredible deliverance for a desperate, dying planet.”

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The period of gentiles coming to an end...in Rev 11, coincides with the death of the 2 witnesses..and the arrival of the antichrist at the city figurately known as Sodom and Egypt.

You've lost the plot

Lol - I’m glad I never had you as a maths teacher!!!

Seriously, I think the numbers I posted up stand. You disagree. I have not called you a fool for disagreeing, but I do think your motivation for disagreement is due to your preterist understanding of Bible prophecy, and the age old conflict between the sons of Ishmael and of Issac.

AlcyoneSong

Established

You've lost the plot
Hmmm. Makes you wonder if Sodom (which was a city in the valley of the Euphrates a great river) and Egypt (obviously the city/nation founded on the Nile) is not even in the Middle East but another city altogether? Or is Sodom and Egypt how the city is described by others based on it's acceptance of a polytheistic and hedonistic culture? Shoot that could be a place in India for all we know or even Manhattan.

The thing that bugs me about the author is after doing a little digging he did some sketchy stuff. In 2007, Lindsey told viewers of his television show that Zion Oil and Gas, a Texas-based hydrocarbon exploration company, was "on the verge of discovering oil," and that this points to the imminent return of the Messiah. He made similar pronouncements in his column on the right wing nut site World Net Daily. This caused the stock price of Zion Oil to increase over twenty percent. Lindsey did not disclose that at the same time, he and his relatives owned millions of dollars of stock in Zion Oil. This is known as a type of fraud, "pump and dump", but no charges were filed against Lindsey.

(Source: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Hal_Lindsey)

Strange but the regular Wiki article says NOTHING about this.

(Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Lindsey)

Now I know people around here are pretty good at digging out truth from fabrication, so I pose a question. Why? Fraud is a pretty strong accusation, and if proven this type of fraud could ruin someone and send them to jail. So why? Is Hal working for us or against us?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Hmmm. Makes you wonder if Sodom (which was a city in the valley of the Euphrates a great river) and Egypt (obviously the city/nation founded on the Nile) is not even in the Middle East but another city altogether? Or is Sodom and Egypt how the city is described by others based on it's acceptance of a polytheistic and hedonistic culture? Shoot that could be a place in India for all we know or even Manhattan.

The thing that bugs me about the author is after doing a little digging he did some sketchy stuff. In 2007, Lindsey told viewers of his television show that Zion Oil and Gas, a Texas-based hydrocarbon exploration company, was "on the verge of discovering oil," and that this points to the imminent return of the Messiah. He made similar pronouncements in his column on the right wing nut site World Net Daily. This caused the stock price of Zion Oil to increase over twenty percent. Lindsey did not disclose that at the same time, he and his relatives owned millions of dollars of stock in Zion Oil. This is known as a type of fraud, "pump and dump", but no charges were filed against Lindsey.

(Source: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Hal_Lindsey)

Strange but the regular Wiki article says NOTHING about this.

(Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Lindsey)

Now I know people around here are pretty good at digging out truth from fabrication, so I pose a question. Why? Fraud is a pretty strong accusation, and if proven this type of fraud could ruin someone and send them to jail. So why? Is Hal working for us or against us?
I think that as with Billy Graham or King David (or anyone else for that matter), the substance of what they said and an evaluation of the things they did are separate issues.

I.e Charlton Heston did a decent job playing Moses, but was also president of the NRA. His liking for rifles may have had little bearing on his cinematic portrayals.

Lol - I’m glad I never had you as a maths teacher!!!

Seriously, I think the numbers I posted up stand. You disagree. I have not called you a fool for disagreeing, but I do think your motivation for disagreement is due to your preterist understanding of Bible prophecy, and the age old conflict between the sons of Ishmael and of Issac.
Wtf?
Dude lmfao my first post literally tells you each bit where your calculation and method used is wrong.

Mine is literally correct and simple in that it covers the time period Muslims ruled the holy land and Jerusalem..and all I've done is given you the dates..total yrs and converted to lunar yrs..it comes to 1260 yrs exact.

If 588bc was when Jerusalem was destroyed.how is 536 the end of exile? That isn't 70 yrs.

How dumb are you?
The accurate number is 518 BC and then the calculation goes tits up.

Furthermore how the living hell is the 33 yrs of Jesus included in this fantastical x7 punishment of God?
Leviticus 26 says the 7x punishment only applies if the Jews are punished and don't repent. Yet the 70 yr exile ended with repentance and the rebuilding of the temple.

You are a hardcore level liar. You are fully aware of the nonsense you're saying and it totally attacks your own faith ..it attacks Jesus and makes him a trivial thing.

Quit pissing in the Bible mate.i believe in it more than you. Clearly.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Wtf?
Dude lmfao my first post literally tells you each bit where your calculation and method used is wrong.

Mine is literally correct and simple in that it covers the time period Muslims ruled the holy land and Jerusalem..and all I've done is given you the dates..total yrs and converted to lunar yrs..it comes to 1260 yrs exact.

If 588bc was when Jerusalem was destroyed.how is 536 the end of exile? That isn't 70 yrs.

How dumb are you?
The accurate number is 518 BC and then the calculation goes tits up.

Furthermore how the living hell is the 33 yrs of Jesus included in this fantastical x7 punishment of God?
Leviticus 26 says the 7x punishment only applies if the Jews are punished and don't repent. Yet the 70 yr exile ended with repentance and the rebuilding of the temple.

You are a hardcore level liar. You are fully aware of the nonsense you're saying and it totally attacks your own faith ..it attacks Jesus and makes him a trivial thing.

Quit pissing in the Bible mate.i believe in it more than you. Clearly.
I understand that if you reject some dates and hold to others, you can make the numbers shift about. You seem to be under the misapprehension that a rude (harsh with the infidel?) approach will strengthen your position.

I simply disagree with your calculations and biblical reasoning as wholeheartedly as you disagree with mine, but as this impasse has nothing to do with the OP, I’m not going to bore the forum by slugging out the point with you.

I understand that if you reject some dates and hold to others, you can make the numbers shift about. You seem to be under the misapprehension that a rude (harsh with the infidel?) approach will strengthen your position.

I simply disagree with your calculations and biblical reasoning as wholeheartedly as you disagree with mine, but as this impasse has nothing to do with the OP, I’m not going to bore the forum by slugging out the point with you.
I'm harsh because the guy who thinks
588 to 536bc
= 70 yrs

Is telling me in wrong and he is right.
You need to go into isolation mate.

I

AlcyoneSong

Established
I think that as with Billy Graham or King David (or anyone else for that matter), the substance of what they said and an evaluation of the things they did are separate issues.

I.e Charlton Heston did a decent job playing Moses, but was also president of the NRA. His liking for rifles may have had little bearing on his cinematic portrayals.
Maybe, but you know actions do speak louder than words. This site is about symbols and the media, it seems odd. Also comparing Charleston Heston as an actor and gun advocate is a bad example because he is not the same as someone claiming to be a leader in a religion that lauds honesty and having a clean heart and doing something deceptive and illegal.
Owning a gun and being a member of a group that protects gun rights is legal under the first amendment. Deception and fraud is not.
Am I clear?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Maybe, but you know actions do speak louder than words. This site is about symbols and the media, it seems odd. Also comparing Charleston Heston as an actor and gun advocate is a bad example because he is not the same as someone claiming to be a leader in a religion that lauds honesty and having a clean heart and doing something deceptive and illegal.
Owning a gun and being a member of a group that protects gun rights is legal under the first amendment. Deception and fraud is not.
Am I clear?
Very clear - that’s why I mentioned King David - having Bathsheba’s husband killed was somewhat illegal, but it doesn’t rule the Psalms out of the Canon.

AlcyoneSong

Established
Very clear - that’s why I mentioned King David - having Bathsheba’s husband killed was somewhat illegal, but it doesn’t rule the Psalms out of the Canon.
Key difference, David repented after Samuel called his shit out. David came really close to becoming like Saul, and although the Psalms are cool, it doesn’t negate the sin. David eventually had major family probs from his sin.

As far as I know, Hal Lindsey has not repented.

But your missing the point of my inclusion of sources. One is from “regular” Wikipedia, the other is from a skeptic aka humanist Wiki. My bigger question is who is telling the truth?
If regular wiki is true than the other wiki is fabricating a lie in order to bring down a godly man, if the other wiki is telling the truth than why is this criminal history being covered up.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Key difference, David repented after Samuel called his shit out. David came really close to becoming like Saul, and although the Psalms are cool, it doesn’t negate the sin. David eventually had major family probs from his sin.

But your missing the point of my inclusion of sources. One is from “regular” Wikipedia, the other is from a skeptic aka humanist Wiki. My bigger question is who is telling the truth?
If regular wiki is true than the other wiki is fabricating a lie in order to bring down a godly man, if the other wiki is telling the truth than why is this criminal history being covered up.
Interesting!

I guess with anyone, you need to look at the fruit. It does put me in mind of a passage, referring to a different context, but with a similar awareness of human nature...

Philippians 1:15-18 King James Version (KJV)

15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:
17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.
18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Lisa

Superstar

What has Hal Lindsey not repented of?