Hal Lindsey - Late, Great Planet Earth

Cintra

Star
Long ago when I was very young, I had a cartoon version of this book.
I also read the proper book.

It has been a long time, and I am going to read it again to see how its predictions have held up over the years.

Anyone else read it? cartoon or written...
What did you think?

220px-The_Late,_Great_Planet_Earth_cover.jpg

Karlysymon

Superstar
Never read the book but i watch his show every once in awhile as a way of keeping my ear-to-ground in regard to the intersection of politics and christian zionism.

Cintra

Star
OMG!
He's still around!!!

Ah... Politics and zionism... They must have gone straight over my head when I was a kid.
Zionism wasn't a word that was ever used, and tbh, until coming here I thought it had been some victorian fad that was long over.

I was all about the horsemen and the seals and the beasts.
Still am, really!

I want to find the cartoon one on the net somewhere. I loved that! I still remember the picture of the horsemen.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

It has been a long time, and I am going to read it again to see how its predictions have held up over the years.

What did you think?

View attachment 33953
I remember it in my parents library. It seemed so far-fetched at the time. I wonder what Hal would have written if he was writing it now?!

A while ago, I found this calculation very interesting:-

In Ezekiel 4:4, he is told to lie on his left side for 390 days and then his right side for 40 days. Each day Ezekiel lay there was to represent a year of punishment for Israel and Judah.

Adding the 390 and 40 we have a total of 430 years, and if you deduct 70 years "time served" in the Babylonian exile, you get 360 years.

Leviticus 26:18 states that "And if ye shall not for all this hearken unto me then I will punish you 7 times more for your sins"

It is a matter of historical note that only about 5% of the Hebrews returned with Ezra (and even they didn't all follow God) so God would have been perfectly within his right to apply his "sevenfold" judgement from Leviticus on the Jews for their continued disobedience. This would then mean that the remaining judgement would have been 360 x 7, or 2520 years.

Now the Jews use the Lunar calendar and this is the but that requires a cup of coffee and some concentration:-

2520 x 360 (Jewish lunar calendar days) = 907,200 days.

The end of the Babylonian captivity began spring (Nisan) 536 BC

Divide this 907,200 by 365.25 (our solar calendar year) and you get 2483.8 solar years.*

*It is important at this stage to note that there was only one year between Passover in 1 BC and Passover in 1 AD, i.e. no 0 year BC.

----------

So, if we begin our count from the end of the Babylonian captivity in spring 536 BC and add an exile of 2483.8 calendar years (based on that 7 times judgement for continued disobedience)...

2483.8 - 536.4 (the years BC) we get 1947.4.

Now add one on and you get 1948.4.

The Nation of Israel was formed on May 14th 1948.

Cintra

Star
I remember it in my parents library. It seemed so far-fetched at the time. I wonder what Hal would have written if he was writing it now?!

In Ezekiel 4:4, he is told to lie on his left side for 390 days and then his right side for 40 days. Each day Ezekiel lay there was to represent a year of punishment for Israel and Judah.

Adding the 390 and 40 we have a total of 430 years, and if you deduct 70 years "time served" in the Babylonian exile, you get 360 years.

Leviticus 26:18 states that "And if ye shall not for all this hearken unto me then I will punish you 7 times more for your sins"

It is a matter of historical note that only about 5% of the Hebrews returned with Ezra (and even they didn't all follow God) so God would have been perfectly within his right to apply his "sevenfold" judgement from Leviticus on the Jews for their continued disobedience. This would then mean that the remaining judgement would have been 360 x 7, or 2520 years.

Now the Jews use the Lunar calendar and this is the but that requires a cup of coffee and some concentration:-

Divide this 907,200 by 365.25 (our solar calendar year) and you get 2483.8 solar years.*

*It is important at this stage to note that there was only one year between Passover in 1 BC and Passover in 1 AD, i.e. no 0 year BC.

----------

So, if we begin our count from the end of the Babylonian captivity in spring 536 BC and add an exile of 2483.8 calendar years (based on that 7 times judgement for continued disobedience)...

Thank you! I will look out for numerical things as I read.

Cintra

Star
@Cintra

Classic retro Rapture movie:-

Thanks! I will be watching that.

I recently reread Mary Stewart Relfe's When Your Money Fails.
(another parental book of my youth)

Apart from the antichrist thing, (her candidate died as the book was being published, lol) her predictions concerning money and electronic tracking has been very good.
In the early 80s it was impossible for me to imagine such things. Incredible how they have crept in over the years.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Thanks! I will be watching that.

I recently reread Mary Stewart Relfe's When Your Money Fails.
(another parental book of my youth)

Apart from the antichrist thing, (her candidate died as the book was being published, lol) her predictions concerning money and electronic tracking has been very good.
In the early 80s it was impossible for me to imagine such things. Incredible how they have crept in over the years.
I think that until a Person of Interest steps up and fulfils Daniel 9:27, the identity of the Antichrist is likely to be the topic of continued speculation! I have seen a good many candidates come and go!

AlcyoneSong

Established

What did you think?

View attachment 33953
Hmmm yeah my dad had a copy he got from my grandfather. It scared him. I’d like to read it again to see how the predictions held up.

Lisa

Superstar
I remember reading his books..I had a few of them but felt like I’d outgrew them or something and don’t have them anymore..but I’d like to get the late great planet earth and read it again and like @AlcyoneSong said see how it holds up now.

----------

1) I like how you purposely forgot that there was a Jewish state/return to Jerusalem in the 7th century that lasted around 23 yrs.
Why is that not worthy? In fact it is said that the Jews were more messianic and were already building a temple.

The reason you pretend tis didn't happen is because back then it was Christians who stopped the Jews and massacred them.

2) calculations are deceitful
If in Ezekiel's vision he is told 390 yrs are for Israel and 40 years are for Judea...why are they adding them then deducting 70 yrs of exile? Makes no sense.

Jerusalem was destroyed in 588bc
If you use the year 536bc for the end of exile..it doesn't come to 70 yrs.
For 70 yrs it comes to 518bcand that is more accurate to history..as it's the time period when the Jews returned under Zerubbabel and Joshua.

Also, when God says He will punish them 7 times over...that refers to the actual punishment. How the hell do you Include the second temple period within the punishment? In that time they had Jesus too?
However you think a 1948 Israel. Founded by masonic Rothschild family where you now have gay parade and athiesm...is somehow the end of God's punishment.

It's the periods without the temple,that are the primary sign of God's punishment..
However you see xtian and dont believe the temple is required since the body is the temple of God.
Why is it you never seen to apply some common sense to the rubbish you post on here?

3) how about the 1260 days of the gentiles trampling over the outer court. Revelation 11?
Remember I did the calculation and it literally fit number of yrs Muslims have controlled the Al aqsa mosque from when it was built to when it was lost with the creation of Israel.
Mine was accurate and fits the contexts literally. Like literally Muslims built a mosque on the outer court (area) of the temple mount.
Literally trampled there for 1260 lunar yrs (and that is after I excluded the crusader era Christian control).

You don't want to acknowledge this..let's face it.
Btw this isn't an ego trip for me...it's more about you. It's about the way you and others operate.
Christian zionists are dumb.

TC1968

Established
Read it a couple of times, it was pretty good. He used to be on TBN a lot, he did a very good news analysis show for a while and while it was themed around his teachings, it was also pretty astute and was in line with conservatives like Buchanan, and Robert Novak.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
It's about the way you and others operate.
Christian zionists are dumb.
Dear @AspiringSoul - you know I’m ok with you and have nothing against you. I totally get why a line of logic that gives some kind of divine legitimacy to the timing of the return of the Jews to their land hugely annoying.

Are there elements of the “synagogue of satan” mixed in with the present state of Israel? Of course!

Did the establishment of that state really mark the beginning of the “fig tree” generation? Time will certainly tell - my parents were both born in 1948, they are still with me, but neither of them are as young as they once were.

Last edited: