Guns

Aero

Superstar
I like Guns. I wouldn't mind owning a rocket launcher, but that probably isn't practical.

The problem with guns is they are far too glorified in media, and there's way too many of them. Everyone is always like "Criminals don't follow laws! So how do you keep them out of their hands?"

How about. Stop making so many of them. I know industries would crumble, but less people would get shot.

Etagloc

Superstar
And ya know..... the ones with the better guns don't necessarily win... the US has the most powerful army in the world but it couldn't beat Vietnam.... the FMLN guerillas in El Salvador could not be defeated by the much better equipped US-backed Salvadoran army.... the FMLN now controls the Salvadoram government. Or look at the Zapatistas in Mexico today..... they're way less equipped than the Mexican army yet they've basically managed to establish their own government in Chiapas..... history is full of David-beating-Goliath stories. That's why Goliath wants you to be scared because he knows he's not invincible. Rome must have also seemed invincible at the time. And I'm sure not many would have thought the Titanic would sink.

Carolyn

Star
No guns here, am kinda glad because there have been so many school shootings and other mass shootings and so many accidents where children got hold of guns and accidently shot themselves or other people. People obviously cant all automatically be trusted to have a gun so why is it so easy, cant help thinking there would be a lot less gun related deaths in the US if it wasnt so easy to get a hold of a gun.

Obviously some places even with strict gun laws these things can and have happened but you can certainly see theres a massive difference. Sure Scotlands much smaller than the US and the only school shooting we have ever had here was the Dunblane school massacre but how many school shootings have there been in the US in the last 20 years? And accidental gun deaths of children. :(

Lurker

Star
It doesn't feel like you actually fully read and understood my post, just judging by your response.
No, I understood your post perfectly fine. Though you should understand rules of engagement before you speak of previous wars/police actions.

Lurker

Star
No guns here, am kinda glad because there have been so many school shootings and other mass shootings and so many accidents where children got hold of guns and accidently shot themselves or other people. People obviously cant all automatically be trusted to have a gun so why is it so easy, cant help thinking there would be a lot less gun related deaths in the US if it wasnt so easy to get a hold of a gun.

Obviously some places even with strict gun laws these things can and have happened but you can certainly see theres a massive difference. Sure Scotlands much smaller than the US and the only school shooting we have ever had here was the Dunblane school massacre but how many school shootings have there been in the US in the last 20 years? And accidental gun deaths of children. :(
I say they should be aiming for the teachers.

Aero

Superstar
Typically the better weapons win though. And I think that the idea that guns are some kind of counterbalance against oppressive governments is silly. You are not going to shoot down a black hawk helicopter with your fancy nickle plated 9mm. Or maybe you got yourself some slick body armor. Well incoming artillery shell from a mile away. Have fun with that.