God's Unchosen People.

Mr. Blah

Veteran
There are chosen people. So, there are "unchosen people".

Jews or Christians claim themselves are chosen people, especially who are born in Jewish or Christian family.

Any thoughts?
Are there "unchosen people" in God's dictionary?

rainerann

Star
Christians don't claim to be God's chosen people. We claim salvation through Christ, but this is something that is an open invitation to anyone. It is not specific to a certain group of people.

The Jews were chosen for the purpose of revealing the Messiah who would restore what was corrupted in the Garden of Eden. They were chosen for this purpose not because a certain group is chosen over another by God just because.

True World Order

Established
I don't see much of a difference between calling yourself "God's chosen people" or "the master race", there is a certain arrogant quality about thinking of yourself in such ways...

Israel was chosen as God's example to the earth, to uphold His Law and worship Him alone. If they obeyed they would have been successful, if not then they would be punished. Over time, the Jews manipulated their scripture to allow for things like usury and interest and killed every Prophet that was sent to correct them. When they attempted to kill the Messiah, Jesus (pbuh), this broke the covenant and now God will choose from among His slaves whoever He likes.

Al-Hujurat 49 13
O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.

In islam, although we do not believe in a caste system, we were supposed to show respect to the family of the Prophet SAW called the ahle al-bayt (people of the House).
however due to the politics in early islam, the ahle-bayt were persecuted and driven out of the arabia.
They then wound up in india where there's a strong caste system and used the caste system to build themselves into a formiddable caste.
They've perpetuated the caste system and always refer to their bloodline.
To keep other muslims in line with their own agenda they built a reward system based on castes and would elevate a caste if it gave respect by giving them lands...
the castes who were landowners became more respected ie rajputs/castes compared to the ones who worked manual labour.

so basically these people believe they are a master race that's superior to normal people now. In many places they hold titles in the religious and political spheres but most of them do not work an honest job. They simply use the title to get what they want.

Haich

Superstar
If you believe in one God and don't associate partnership with him, you're chosen

I don't think there's one religion in heaven. What I mean by that is previous prophets came with their own unique set of commandments from God. We call them the people of the book so they followed the prophet at that time. Arguably it's the same teaching so same religion, the religion of submitting to God's will but they were probably for arguments sake Jewish and Original Christians who didn't believe in the trinity

Serendipity

Established
In islam, although we do not believe in a caste system, we were supposed to show respect to the family of the Prophet SAW called the ahle al-bayt (people of the House).
however due to the politics in early islam, the ahle-bayt were persecuted and driven out of the arabia.
They then wound up in india where there's a strong caste system and used the caste system to build themselves into a formiddable caste.
Woah, where did you get that from? This is the first time i hear of this. Are there any credible sources?

Woah, where did you get that from? This is the first time i hear of this. Are there any credible sources?
events like karbala
the early ahle bayt were righteous
look at them today
the ismaili leader aga khan is an example of what they wish to be.
nothing like how we imagine the Prophet SAW to be.
so it's like judaism on repeat.

Serendipity

Established
events like karbala
the early ahle bayt were righteous
look at them today
the ismaili leader aga khan is an example of what they wish to be.
nothing like how we imagine the Prophet SAW to be.
so it's like judaism on repeat.
I'll have to disagree with you on this. There is no evidence whatsoever that shows that ahel el bayt were driven out of Arabia to India.

I think the zionists would be the "unchosen" people if anything. But theres some people that say Neanderthal DNA is tied to genetic manipulation way back when but I havent seen anything to really support that.

I don't see much of a difference between calling yourself "God's chosen people" or "the master race", there is a certain arrogant quality about thinking of yourself in such ways...
Whats the difference between one person being chosen as a prophet and a community of people being chosen to do whatever? In your belief, is Mohammad more important/special in God's eyes than yourself because HE was chosen to spread his word while you were not to the same capacity that he was? I think "chosen" simply means purpose. It doesnt make one better than another inherently, unless of course God says that it does.

True World Order

Established
I think the zionists would be the "unchosen" people if anything
That is pretty much how it is...

Whats the difference between one person being chosen as a prophet and a community of people being chosen to do whatever?
I imagine that Prophets (peace and blessings upon all of them) would have a greater sense of awareness and purpose than most people. A lot of Prophets performed miracles with God's permission. Communities like Israel and Prophets are similar in that they are supposed to be God's representatives on earth and set an example for people to follow.

In your belief, is Mohammad more important/special in God's eyes than yourself because HE was chosen to spread his word while you were not to the same capacity that he was?
Most likely, Alhamdulillah. I would be terrified if I was chosen for something great like that, I can understand why the Mahdi is going to try to hide in the Kaaba...

I don't know how God weighs everything up and it isn't my place to Judge. I think every Soul is sacred because it is a creation of Allah, we all have our place in the universe.

I think "chosen" simply means purpose. It doesnt make one better than another inherently, unless of course God says that it does.
I agree. Everything happens for a reason and things are usually chosen for a purpose.

Lisa

Superstar
Christians don't claim to be God's chosen people. We claim salvation through Christ, but this is something that is an open invitation to anyone. It is not specific to a certain group of people.

The Jews were chosen for the purpose of revealing the Messiah who would restore what was corrupted in the Garden of Eden. They were chosen for this purpose not because a certain group is chosen over another by God just because.
I thought the Jews were chosen because of Abraham's faith?

I'm not saying they weren't persecuted but that they left for India where they took advantage of their bloodline/caste system doesn't make sense and is not documented anywhere.
It's not supposed to be well documented because this system is pretty much a pyramid/mafia style structure.
However in this era of mass communication people talk more so collectively, esp amongst Pakistanis who have grown up in this 'system' have realised exactly what's happened.
I grew up around that system.

random articles
http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/35245/being-a-syed-zaadi-wasnt-a-matter-of-pride-for-me-it-was-a-curse/
comment
Qurat Ulayna year ago
This in shorter term is called casteism, we being followers of Prophet(s.a.w) believe in casts which is a shame for us. Syed's have since long used religion to manipulate societies by making there say as the last word of the managers if Islam. I had many friends who belonged to the same curse, some managed being rebels but 90% succumbed to the pressure. There are women who are dying alive living in cages but the venom is so much deep rooted that we cannot do anything,nothing overnight for sure.

seriously look at the images/words on this article, read the comments too
https://www.dawn.com/news/1021137

samiullah Jun 27, 2013 03:56pm
Thay all are responsible of every instance. i have no power. if i have i will burn them

Nony Jun 27, 2013 05:05pm
Feudalism has almost vanished from the face of earth but here in Sindh it is still getting more powerful day by day. The entire society has become ethically corrupted by this culture to the extent that a common man is not ready to vote for anyone other than a feudal. Sindhies unlike Baloch get a handsome share of power in Pakistan

^^it's actually very much the same all over pakistan

Khawar T khyam Jun 27, 2013 06:22pm
Hi Mr Abro, Thank you very much for depicting the picture of real Sindh. I just want to quote Reverend Tutu at this place,Which is When white people came to Africa they were having Bible and we were having land. They ask us to close our eyes and lets pray. We closed our eyes and started praying. When we opened our eyes they were having the land and we were having Bible in our hands. In your case you can replace white people with Arabs migrants and Bible with Quran. It is just a case of religious exploitation. A common man life will never change until and unless they get some education and it will take generations to come out of this cycle of slavery.

"arab migrants" were the syeds, Qureshi's (the tribe of Quraysh) and other important families but the syeds are top dogs.

Caz Jun 27, 2013 06:27pm
Sufi Saints and State Power: The Pirs of Sindh
Pimps of imperialism, historically

Hassan Mujtaba Jun 27, 2013 08:59pm
These Waderas, Sains and Syeds togather have made Bangla Desh. They are now even bent upon breaking this country.

clearly people feel strongly about this.

HOWEVER
in every example when normal people speak the truth, these Syeds always always resort to their lineage

am a syed and i am not feudal Jun 28, 2013 03:28pm
Sorry I differ what the writer has described in his article.You cant just articulatly generalise things with a single incident. Syed's having complete 'shujjra' (family tree) are decendants from the Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) family. Please do not ridcule them. However, I do agree that no syed, pir, meer, nawab and khans have the right of discrimination with others. Whoever have respect for the prophets and faith in Allah will follow the righteous path and will gain respect in return based on thier characteristics good deeds. On the contarary no syed should treat a fellow human being on his color, cast, origin or status. Like example of Hazrat Bilal when he was treated like a slave and had faced miseries while Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) treated him as his near and dear one without any discrimination.

the voice of reason right? you know who referred to their lineage when they were challenged?
The pharisees.

you know who runs the drugs and prostitution racket in pakistan?
syeds.

they are pretty much the jews of the east.

Last edited: