God's Promise: The Scripture cannot be broken.

And you think it’s the same way with the Bible?
Yes.
If you don’t read the Bible correctly you could end up thinking that Jesus really wants you to eat His flesh and drink His blood, instead of reading it as a metaphor.
Agreed. It's a metaphor for eating and digesting Jesus' Teachings so that what Christ taught will become a part of your being and who you are as a person.
Christians do have Bible studies..
No, the Bible doesn’t teach that the pope is the vicar of Christ or that there is a head of the church besides Jesus. Doesn’t talk about priests or their forgiving sins or they should be celibate. The Bible doesn’t talk about Mary being part of the godhead or a deity in and of herself, or that Jesus needed as co-redemptrix. There is no praying to Mary or having statues of her or Jesus. No praying with beads or praying mindless repetition. Then there’s mass..eating the actual flesh and drinking the actual blood of Jesus? Really? Saying that there is a pergatory...when there is a hell. Things like that make it totally false gospel.
Agreed. So, as you have just pointed out, they are not really doing what the Bible says even though they claim to be the only true and correct Christian Church in the world and are believed to have around 1.2 Billion followers. And according to their beliefs all protestants are therefore false christians who have fallen away and are therefore not saved and are all going to burn in Hell forever because they are not Catholics and don't follow the pope.
I can’t say since I haven’t read it, but it can’t really be or it would be a book of the Bible.
But if you haven't ever read it, then you can't really be sure, can you?

Lisa

Superstar
I think people can read what they want to in the Bible but they should be looking for truth not to make truth. Reading the Bible is not the same as reading the quran in that it doesn’t matter if you get it right.

It's a metaphor for eating and digesting Jesus' Teachings so that what Christ taught will become a part of your being and who you are as a person.
No, I think it’s more than that, you abide in Christ and He abides in you.

Agreed. So, as you have just pointed out, they are not really doing what the Bible says even though they claim to be the only true and correct Christian Church in the world and are believed to have around 1.2 Billion followers. And according to their beliefs all protestants are therefore false christians who have fallen away and are therefore not saved and are all going to burn in Hell forever because they are not Catholics and don't follow the pope.
Yep, they have a different gospel. In fact the Bible says that those with a different gospel are accursed. Probably why Jesus will tell those people “I never knew you.”

But if you haven't ever read it, then you can't really be sure, can you?
Honestly, I may have read it, but I think it was a different book. It started out talking about Adam and Eve’s feeling about the fall or something. I have to say that I gave that up after awhile because it was about them and not about God. It felt like it was adding to the Bible and not in the way that it seemed inspired by God. So I could see why it wasn’t thought to be part of the Bible. I figure that is the reason other books weren’t included as well, so I haven’t bothered with any other book since then.