God Gave Me Breast Cancer Because He Loves Me

Todd

Star
Why not though? It could be like heaven except Earth.
But we wouldn't appreciate heaven the same if we didn't have the experience of this lifetime.
light has no meaning if we haven't experienced darkness. Warmth has no meaning if we haven't experienced coldness. blessing has no meaning if we haven't experienced suffering.....

mecca

Superstar
But we wouldn't appreciate heaven the same if we didn't have the experience of this lifetime.
light has no meaning if we haven't experienced darkness. Warmth has no meaning if we haven't experienced coldness. blessing has no meaning if we haven't experienced suffering.....
I think it still has meaning, but maybe it would be harder to appreciate. There are people who've lived comfortable lives without going through hardships and died happy but I'm sure they'd still appreciate heaven and all the good things they experienced.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Really? I've never met one of them if that's true.
I wouldn't say that people who live comfortable lives don't go through hardships but I am willing to say is that their hardships are nowhere close to the hardships say a person in Palestine, Afghanistan, Iraq, and any other war-torn country faces.

We have kids here in Canada and North America worrying over whether they'll get a Nintendo Switch or PS4 for their birthdays while we have kids in Afghanistan as young as 6 working and trying to help feed their families let alone even know what day they were born on.

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
If I had a really nice slice of cake that tasted great, I would know and I would enjoy it without having to eat a really terrible slice of cake first. The terrible cake is not necessary.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I can guarentee you if people in the West faced the hardships and went through the trials that people in Afghanistan go through on a day to day basis they would all be jumping off roof tops in order to end their misery. The Most High in all His wisdom knows this which is why he burdens a soul with only what they can handle.

Todd

Star
If I had a really nice slice of cake that tasted great, I would know and I would enjoy it without having to eat a really terrible slice of cake first. The terrible cake is not necessary.
Sure it is.....If all you ever ate in your lifetime was awesome cake, you wouldn't appreciate the same if you never had terrible cake!

Todd

Star
I wouldn't say that people who live comfortable lives don't go through hardships but I am willing to say is that their hardships are nowhere close to the hardships say a person in Palestine, Afghanistan, Iraq, and any other war-torn country faces.

We have kids here in Canada and North America worrying over whether they'll get a Nintendo Switch or PS4 for their birthdays while we have kids in Afghanistan as young as 6 working and trying to help feed their families let alone even know what day they were born on.
I agree totally...
The spoiled kids in Canada and North America will have there day eventually though, but yeah, nothing like kids in Afghanistan.

mecca

Superstar
Sure it is.....If all you ever ate in your lifetime was awesome cake, you wouldn't appreciate the same if you never had terrible cake!
I get what you're saying but all I'm saying is that going through terrible things or knowing that terrible things exist isn't required to appreciate good things. But of course one would have a greater appreciation for the good things they have if they've experienced bad things.

Anyway even if it's possible, a world without evil is never gonna happen because evil already exists.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I agree totally...
The spoiled kids in Canada and North America will have there day eventually though, but yeah, nothing like kids in Afghanistan.
This applies for the adults as well generally speaking, of course. And it saddens me because we get to live great lives here only because the people before us stole and ravaged the lands there and still do to this day.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I get what you're saying but all I'm saying is that going through terrible things or knowing that terrible things exist isn't required to appreciate good things. But of course one would have a greater appreciation for the good things they have if they've experienced bad things.

Anyway even if it's possible, a world without evil is never gonna happen because evil already exists.
How would you know what is good if there was no bad?

You can't have one without the other, at least not in this world.

mecca

Superstar
How would you know what is good if there was no bad?

You can't have one without the other, at least not in this world.
What's good just naturally feels good and right... right? Like if I had never eaten cake before then I tried a really good cake... it would taste good.

Kung Fu

Superstar
What's good just naturally feels good and right... right? Like if I had never eaten cake before then I tried a really good cake... it would taste good.
Got to leave the office. If I remember this thread and or check it out tomorrow, I'll explain it to you, sister.

Peace be upon you folks.