God Gave Me Breast Cancer Because He Loves Me

Lisa

Superstar
Coming to your own conclusions hasn't really helped you before but so be it. Enjoy the ignorant bubble you live
How do you know your god has been guiding you? Maybe he's been misguiding you this whole time?

Qur'an Chapter 32 Verses 10-15

[They have said, "How can we be brought to life again after we have been lost in the earth?" In fact, they have no faith in the Day of Judgment

Say, "The angel of death, who is appointed over everyone of you, will cause you to die and to your Lord you will all return."

Would that you could see (on the Day of Judgment) that criminals, with their heads hanging down before their Lord, saying, "Our Lord, we have seen and heard. Send us back to act righteously. Now we have strong faith".

Had We wanted, We could have given guidance to every soul, but My decree, that hell will be filled-up with jinn and people, has already been executed.

They will be told, "Suffer on this Day of Judgment. For your having ignored it, We have ignored you. Suffer everlasting torment for your evil deeds."

The only people who believe in Our revelations are those who, when reminded about them, bow down in prostration and glorify their Lord with His praise without pride.]

Also, please compare the last verse above to Matthew 26:39 which says

[Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."]

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Qur'an Chapter 32 Verse 10-15

[They have said, "How can we be brought to life again after we have been lost in the earth?" In fact, they have no faith in the Day of Judgment

Say, "The angel of death, who is appointed over everyone of you, will cause you to die and to your Lord you will all return."

Would that you could see (on the Day of Judgment) that criminals, with their heads hanging down before their Lord, saying, "Our Lord, we have seen and heard. Send us back to act righteously. Now we have strong faith".

Had We wanted, We could have given guidance to every soul, but My decree, that hell will be filled-up with jinn and people, has already been executed.

They will be told, "Suffer on this Day of Judgment. For your having ignored it, We have ignored you. Suffer everlasting torment for your evil deeds."

The only people who believe in Our revelations are those who, when reminded about them, bow down in prostration and glorify their Lord with His praise without pride.]

Also, please compare the last verse above to Matthew 26:39 which says

[Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."]
O star of the morning, son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the earth, you who have weakened the nations! But you said in your heart, I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God, and I will sit on the mount of assembly in recesses of the north. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.

rainerann

Star
The Pharaoh's case is different if we compare it with the Paul's case.
Maybe you're right to say he hardened his heart first, but in Paul's case, God chose to blind Paul in order to drag him away to repent although he hardened his own heart first to kill Christians in Damascus. (Calvinist "Irresistible Grace").

But, He seemed to forget to blind men who followed Saul. (Acts 9:7)

What's going on here?
Is he so picky only to choose Paul and say "no" to the men who followed him?
Are they the "unchosen"? The "misguided" ones (borrowing the term from brother GIF)?
When Pharoah's heart was hardened it was because his heart was hardened and there was judgement against him. However, that isn't entirely why his heart was hardened. Yes, he was arrogant and his pride is why he was unable to allow the Hebrews to leave Egypt. He was not willing to repent and he was at odds with God, but when his heart was hardened because of this, it was because God was using him to create significance for the people.

Being delivered out of Egypt is the single more significant event for Israel when they inherited the land. The Passover was created by the final plague sent to Egypt. The signs and wonders that were displayed during the Exodus was supposed to be a continual reminder to the people forever that they should worship God who delivered them from Egypt with His strong hand.

Today, we like to entertain miracles and things that defy what we consider the natural physics of the universe. We make movie where there are special effects that allow people to do things that aren't possible for one reason or another in our daily lives.

However, the Bible tells us that at one time, God did all those things for these people. He made things happen that would otherwise be impossible and he would not have been able to do that if Pharoah's heart wasn't hardened.

So there were two reasons God hardened Pharoah's heart. It was judgement against Pharoah and it was a way to bring the people of Israel close to Him so that they would trust Him and not fear what was ahead because they would know they were chosen with signs and wonders.

So, there is also a reason Paul was chosen as part of a greater plan that makes sense and doesn't mean some people weren't chosen. Paul experienced this on the road to Damascus because he was going to become a teacher. It has nothing to do with the other people not being chosen by God, they just didn't need to become teachers of the message of Christ. This doesn't mean they didn't accept salvation. We have no way of knowing whether they did or didn't. They very well could have and we will meet them one day in Heaven, but they didn't go on to be teachers of the Gospel of Christ.

rainerann

Star
I also love Joni Eareckson Tada and I don't think what she is saying is that God gave her breast cancer. She is more or less recognizing that God has allowed it to happen for whatever reason and that having breast cancer doesn't mean she has been rejected.

She is just absolutely beautiful. Did you know as a quadriplegic, she has learned to paint with her mouth.

She painted this with a paintbrush between her teeth. How anyone could ever say that she is the reason they don't believe in God, I just can't understand. The world is full of people with hardened hearts is all I can say.

IF God Always Existed and everything came to exist by His Command, it is pure logic and truth that ''diseases'' are included in ''everything''.

How do you know your god has been guiding you? Maybe he's been misguiding you this whole time?
Does Allah misguide people?

Christians try their best to make issue of certain Quranic verses and argue that Allah Himself misguides people. They use many different verses. Today lets have wholesome look into the issue and unveil the slanders against the Noble Faith of Islam.

There are three set or types of verses that are used by the polemics.

1- Verses on the lines that Allah guides and misguides whom He wills.

2- Verses that use the Arabic word 'ghayy' or 'ghawa'.

3- Verses that say Allah has sealed the hearts of so and so people.

In the following lines we consider these types of verses one by one. But before that we need to understand the word 'Hadaya' i.e. guidance as Quran speaks of it.

Meaning of 'Guidance' (Hadaya):

The Holy Quran speaks of certain Guidance on certain degrees. The first degree of guidance is universal and is granted to all beings, living and otherwise:

"He said: 'Our Lord is He Who gave to each (created) thing its form and nature, and further, gave (it) guidance.'" (Quran 20:50)

This means Allah has given every creation a particular function and then guided it to correspond to its role in the scheme of things. This guidance is granted to everything and everyone, men, jinns, animals, plants and all the other creation.

The second degree is only for men and the jinn i.e. creation that will be help accountable for its deeds. This guidance is always there and one is free to work for it or reject it.

"By the Soul, and the proportion and order given to it; And its enlightenment as to its wrong and its right; Truly he succeeds that purifies it, And he fails that corrupts it!"

And third degree of guidance is for those who heed to the message of Truth and grants them more help in their pursuit of righteousness.

"But to those who receive Guidance, He increases the (light of) Guidance, and bestows on them their Piety and Restraint (from evil)." (Quran 47:17)

So when Allah says that He does not guide people it only refers to the third degree of guidance and this He does only because they do not show the yearning for what is the prerequisite for it.

Meaning of 'Allah guides whom He Wills…':

There are some verses in the Holy Quran which say that Allah guides whom He wills and leaves straying who He wills e.g. Surah 14 Ayah 4 where it reads:

'…Now Allah leaves straying those whom He pleases and guides whom He pleases: and He is Exalted in power, full of Wisdom.' (Quran 14:4)

Some people especially Christian polemics argue that Allah Himself misguides people and does not give them free-will and therefore He would be unjust in punishing them. This is utterly wrong interpretation!

We have been arguing for long that no Quranic verse should be taken in isolation from the rest of the Quran and the Ahadith.

Man has the choice:

Other passages of the Quran refute such an interpretation. Quran infact maintains that Allah has made the Truth and Falsehood clear and now man has the choice to accept either of them.

"By the Soul, and the proportion and order given to it; And its enlightenment as to its wrong and its right; Truly he succeeds that purifies it, And he fails that corrupts it!" (Quran 91:7-10)

"Say, 'The truth is from your Lord': Let him who will believe, and let him who will, reject (it): for the wrong-doers We have prepared a Fire whose (smoke and flames), like the walls and roof of a tent, will hem them in:" (Quran 18:29)

Those whom Allah guide:

Now we see who does Allah guide and whom He leaves straying and at the same time Allah also clarifies who what is for whom.

"…He guideth to Himself those who turn to Him in penitence," (Quran 13:27)

"And those who strive in Our (cause),- We will certainly guide them to our Paths: For verily Allah is with those who do right." (Quran 29:69)

"Allah chooses to Himself those whom He pleases, and guides to Himself those who turn (to Him)." (Quran 42:13)

Those whom He misguides:

And similarly He plainly tells us;

"…He causes not to stray, except those who forsake (the path)," (Quran 2:26)

"…but Allah will leave, to stray, those who do wrong: Allah doeth what He willeth." (Quran 14:27)

How does Allah misguide?

Now is the question as to how Allah misguides? This is plainly told in the Quran.

"If anyone contends with the Messenger even after guidance has been plainly conveyed to him, and follows a path other than that becoming to men of Faith, We shall leave him in the path he has chosen, and land him in Hell,- what an evil refuge!" (Quran 4:115)

So Allah misguides the evil doers and those who reject the guidance brought by the Messenger by letting him follow the path they choose.

Through His signs He makes things clear and those who will and show passion to follow the Truth, He guides them further and but those who resort to evil, He lets them follow the path they choose, so He wouldn't be unjust in punishing such.

Meaning of the verse 'If Allah leads you astray (yughwiyakum) ...':

Some quote Quran 11:34 which speaks of Prophet Noah saying to his rebellious people;

"Of no profit will be my counsel to you, much as I desire to give you (good) counsel, if it be that Allah willeth to leave you astray (yughwiyakum): He is your Lord! and to Him will ye return!" (Quran 11:34)

We have to see that here Prophet Noah is speaking to the people when they have crossed all limits and even challenged to bring the torment that he used to warned them of. So here Allah's act of misleading is just as explained earlier i.e. He will leave them on the path they have chosen by stubbornly rejecting the Truth. And this may even be about the punishment, the torment that Prophet Noah knew was due for these people because the same word is used in the meanings of punishment and destruction as well. In Quran 19:59 we read:

"But after them there followed a posterity who missed prayers and followed after lusts soon, then, will they face Destruction (ghayya)," (Quran 19:59)

Some use Quran 7:16 and 15:39:

"He said: "Because thou hast thrown me out of the way (aghwaytanee), lo! I will lie in wait for them on thy straight way:" (7:16)

"(Iblis) said: 'O my Lord! because Thou hast put me in the wrong (aghwaytanee), I will make (wrong) fair-seeming to them on the earth, and I will put them all in the wrong,-'" (15:39)

But interestingly one can see that these are only the words of Satan who is just seeking excuses for his transgression by slandering that Almighty Allah misled him. Only the Satanic souls turn to these verses for proving their point!

Meaning of the saying that 'Allah seals the hearts..':

Some people argue that when Allah Himself says that He puts seal on the heart of disbelievers then why are they to be blamed for their acts. Such arguments come only because of the basic misunderstanding of the whole issue.

Allah seals the hearts of only those who stubbornly reject the message or simply as explained above, Allah seals the hearts of those who reject the second degree of guidance which is universal and only needs one own will to be attained. So we see that whenever Allah says something on these lines in the Quran it's always about the stern rejecters of Truth e.g. Quran 2:7, 4:168 & 16:106-109. All such passages talk about those who reject the Truth and do no show the will to follow the Right Path.

Summary:

The gist of the matter is that Allah grants guidance to all by making the Truth and Falsehood clear through His signs within our own selves and the phenomenon around and through the Holy Prophets and the scriptures and everyone is free to follow it. One who hearkens to the message and shows yearning Allah guides him further but one who rejects the Truth Allah lets him follow the way he likes (Quran 4:115) and withholds the further degrees of guidance from him, seals the hearts of such and lets him astray.

NOW LET ME TURN THE TABLES!

Christian missionaries keep saying such things about Quran and malign Islam but they 'forget' for the same applies to their Book of Authority, Bible, as well.

God hardened the heart of Pharaoh according to the Bible:

At least at six places Bible tells that Gods hardened the heart of Pharaoh and he against the Will of the God did not let the people of Israel go.

"And the LORD said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go." (Exodus 4:21)

Same thing is repeated in Exodus 7:3, 10:1, 10:20 & 10:27.

See how God hardens the heart of the greatest transgressor. Those who speak against Quran, what they have to say about this?

God didn't give Israel the heart to perceive and eyes to see…:

Here are more interesting things for the Christians who malign Islam.

"Yet the LORD hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day." (Deuteronomy 29:4)

"He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them." (John 12:40)

'(According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.' (Romans 11:8)

God in the Bible misleads the Prophets even:

There are many who refer to Quran 7:16 and 15:30 wherein Satan is reported as slandering Almighty Allah to have mislead him but in the Bible even the Prophets, the chosen one of the God say that they are mislead by Him.

"O LORD, why hast thou made us to err from thy ways, and hardened our heart from thy fear? Return for thy servants' sake, the tribes of thine inheritance." (Isaiah 63:17)

"And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel." (Ezekial 14:9)

What about this? Can some Christian explain?

Remember Christ (PBUH) said: "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)

INDEED ALLAH KNOWS THE BEST!

...by Waqar Akbar Cheema

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
From what I have come to understand over the years, I can't see how God could have created a world where goodness and love were possible without allowing for the opposite conditions to exist.

Before the fall of man there was the fall of the angelic beings led by Lucifer. Since they are not mortal, they cannot die and are forever rejected through their rebellion.

After the fall, pain and death entered this world, but along with it, in cutting Adam off from the tree of life, was the possibility of following God and being obedient to him.

Jesus is said to have been "slain from the foundations of the world" and certainly that plan of salvation is apparent right back in Genesis 3, where God, in pronouncing judgement on the serpent mentions the Seed of the woman crushing his head, but having his heel bruised.

The OT looks forward to this fulfillment in the Messiah. Those living and dying with faith in God before Christ looked forward to his coming, even if they didn't fully understand it.

I believe Christianity is the only faith that confronts the harsh accusation at the heart of this thread. Like a General who is prepared face machine gun fire to go over the top of the trenches with the troops, Jesus appears in our history and takes upon himself the sin, obscurity, loneliness and suffering of this broken world.

He was raised from the dead and one day will defeat death forever. Nothing else makes sense to me.

If you met someone and were told you had no choice other than to love and obey them, would you feel you had ever been able to choose to love at all?
Sorry to be replying to this as it was not addressed to me but the soul innately recognizes its Creator, the Real Reason for its existence.

It's something naturally ingrained, unless this natural predisposition to submit to Him is lost when man transgresses all bounds to excess.

mecca

Superstar
If you met someone and were told you had no choice other than to love and obey them, would you feel you had ever been able to choose to love at all?
I'm just saying it would be possible to have a world where evil didn't exist. The choice doesn't really matter because you wouldn't have to choose to do bad things.