God can turn anyone’s life around

Lisa

Superstar
I have always liked Paul, formerly known as Saul the persecutor of Christians and Jesus.
Acts‬ ‭9:1-2‬ ‭
Now Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest, and asked for letters from him to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, both men and women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.
‭‭
But...after meeting Jesus on the road to Damascus,
Acts‬ ‭9:3-6
As he was traveling, it happened that he was approaching Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him; and he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?” And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” And He said, “I am Jesus whom you are persecuting, but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do.”

His life was totally changed up, he became that new creation we are told about in the Bible.
Acts 9:10-18
‭‭Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and the Lord said to him in a vision, “Ananias.” And he said, “Here I am, Lord.” And the Lord said to him, “Get up and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying, and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him, so that he might regain his sight.” But Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he did to Your saints at Jerusalem; and here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name.” But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen instrument of Mine, to bear My name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel; for I will show him how much he must suffer for My name’s sake.” So Ananias departed and entered the house, and after laying his hands on him said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road by which you were coming, has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” And immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he regained his sight, and he got up and was baptized; and he took food and was strengthened.
‭‭
‭‭‭Acts 13:9
Saul, who was also known as Paul

Bold and firm as a persecutor, he also became bold and firm as an apostle, the writer of many New Testament books.
Pauline Epistles
1. Romans--A systematic examination of justification, sanctification, and glorification. Examines God’s plan for the Jews and the Gentiles.
2. 1 Corinthians--This letter deals with factions and corrections due to immorality, lawsuits, and abuse of the Lord’s Supper. Also mentions idols, marriage, and the resurrection.
3. 2 Corinthians--Paul’s defense of his apostolic position.
4. Galatians--Paul refutes the errors of legalism and examines the proper place of grace in the Christian’s life.
5. Ephesians--The believer’s position in Christ and information on Spiritual warfare.
6. Philippians--Paul speaks of his imprisonment and his love for the Philippians. He exhorts them to godliness and warns them of legalism.
7. Colossians--Paul focuses on the preeminence of Jesus in creation, redemption, and godliness.
8. 1 Thessalonians--Paul’s ministry to the Thessalonians. Teachings on purity and mention of the return of Christ.
9. 2 Thessalonians--Corrections on the Day of the Lord.
10. 1 Timothy--Instructions to Timothy on proper leadership and dealings with false teachers, the role of women, prayer, and requirements of elders and deacons.
11. 2 Timothy--A letter of encouragement to Timothy to be strong.
12. Titus--Paul left Titus in Crete to care for the churches there. Requirements for elders.
13. Philemon--a letter to the owner of a runaway slave. Paul appeals to Philemon to forgive Onesimus.

The man who had so many hardships, yet kept going through them all because he knew the one true God!
2 Corinthians‬ ‭11:21-28‬ ‭
To my shame I must say that we have been weak by comparison. But in whatever respect anyone else is bold—I speak in foolishness—I am just as bold myself. Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they descendants of Abraham? So am I. Are they servants of Christ?—I speak as if insane—I more so; in far more labors, in far more imprisonments, beaten times without number, often in danger of death. Five times I received from the Jews thirty-nine lashes. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, a night and a day I have spent in the deep. I have been on frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my countrymen, dangers from the Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers on the sea, dangers among false brethren; I have been in labor and hardship, through many sleepless nights, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure. Apart from such external things, there is the daily pressure on me of concern for all the churches.
‭‭

I think his story is the embodiment of the grace of God. God took a sinner and molded him into a new creation, someone willing to do anything to preach the word to people and to encourage people to stay in the faith. God can take anyone, any sinner and turn their lives around for their good and His glory!

‭‭

phipps

Star
Indeed God can turn anyone's life around just like Paul's if they are receptive to Him and can hear the Holy Spirit.