God Calling

None of you

Established
Relax. - January 15

Relax, do not get tense, have no fear. All is for the best. How can you fear change when your life is hid with Me in God, Who changeth not - and I am the same yesterday, to-day, and for ever.

You must learn poise, soul-balance and poise, in a vacillating, changing world.

Claim My power. The same power (Force) with which I cast out devils is yours to-day. Use it. If not, I withdraw it. Use it ceaselessly.

You cannot ask too much. Never think you are too busy. As long as you get back to Me and replenish after each task no work can be too much. My Joy I give you. Live in it. Bathe your Spirit in it. Reflect it.

None of you

Established
Friend in Drudgery. - January 16

It is the daily strivings that count, not the momentary heights. The obeying of My Will day in, day out, in the wilderness plains rather than the occasional Mount of Transfiguration.

Perseverance is nowhere needed so much as in the religious life. The drudgery of the Kingdom it is that secures My intimate Friendship. I am the Lord of little things, the Divine Control of little happenings.

Nothing in the day is too small to be a part of My scheme. The little stones in a mosaic play a big part.

Joy in Me. Joy is the God-given cement that secures the harmony and beauty of My mosaic.

None of you

Established
God's Rush to Give. - January 17

Silence. Be silent before Me. Seek to know and then do My Will in all things.

Abide in My Love. An atmosphere of loving understanding to all men. This is your part to carry out, and then I surround you with a protective screen that keeps all evil from you. It is fashioned by your own attitude of mind, words, and deeds, towards others.

I want to give you all things, good measure, pressed down and running over. Be quick to learn. You know little yet of the Divine Impatience which longs to rush to give. Does one worrying thought enter your mind, one impatient thought? Fight it at once.

Love and Trust are the solvents for the worry and cares and frets of a life. Apply them at once. You are channels (for The Force), and though the channel may not be altogether blocked, fret and impatience and worry corrode, and in time would become beyond your help.

Persevere, oh! persevere. Never lose heart. All is well.

None of you

Established
Faith-Works. - January 18

Pray daily for Faith. It is My Gift.

It is your only requisite for the accomplishment of mighty deeds. Certainly you have to work, you have to pray, but upon Faith alone depends the answer to your prayers - your works.

I give it you in response to your prayer, because it is the necessary weapon for you to possess for the dispersion of evil - the overcoming of all adverse conditions, and the accomplishment of all good in your lives, and then you having Faith, give it back to Me. It is the envelope in which every request to Me should be placed.

And yet, "Faith without works is dead." So you need works, too, to feed your Faith in Me. As you seek to do, you feel your helplessness. You then turn to Me. In knowing Me, your faith grows - and that faith is all you need for My Power (Force) to work.

None of you

Established
Love Anticipates. - January 19

Lord, I will seek Thee.

None ever sought Me in vain. I wait, wait with a hungry longing to be called upon; and I, who have already seen your hearts' needs before you cried unto Me, before perhaps, you were conscious of those needs yourself, I am already preparing the answer.

It is like a mother, who is setting aside suitable gifts for her daughter's wedding, before Love even has come into the daughter's life.

The Anticipatory Love of God is a thing mortals seldom realize. Dwell on this thought. Dismiss from your minds the thought of a grudging God, who had to be petitioned with sighs and tears and much speaking before reluctantly He loosed the desired treasures. Man's thoughts of Me need revolutionizing.

Think about a mother preparing birthday or Christmas delights for her child - the while her mother-heart sings: "Will she not love that? How she will love this!", and anticipates the rapture of her child, her own heart full of the tenderest joy. Where did the mother learn all this preparation-joy? From Me - a faint echo this of My Preparation-Joy.

Think about this as plans unfold of My preparing. It means much to Me to be understood, and the understanding of Me will bring great Joy to you.

None of you

Established
At One With God. - January 20

One with Me. I and My Father are as one. One with The Lord of the whole Universe!

Could human aspiration reach higher? Could man's demands transcend this? One with Me.

If you realize your high privilege, you have only to think and immediately the object of your thought is called into being. Indeed, well may I have said, "Set your affections on things above, not on the things of the Earth."

To dwell in thought on the material, when once you live in Me - is to call it into being. So you must be careful only to think of and desire that which will help, not hinder, your spiritual growth. The same law operates too on the Spiritual Plane.

Think Love, and Love surrounds you, and all about whom you think. Think thoughts of ill-will, and ill surrounds you, and those about whom you think. Think health - health comes. The physical reflects the mental and spiritual.

"Honi soit qui mal y pense" - evil be to him who thinks it.

None of you

Established
A Crowded Day. - January 21

Believe that I am with you, and controlling all. When My Word has gone forth, all are powerless against it.

Be calm. Never fear. You have much to learn. Go on until you can take the most crowded day with a song. "Sing unto The Lord." The finest accompaniment to a Song of Praise to Me is a very crowded day. Let Love be the motif running through all.

Be glad all the time. Rejoice exceedingly. Joy in Me. Rest in Me. Never be afraid. Pray more. Do not get worried. I am thy Helper. "Underneath are the Everlasting Arms." You cannot get below that. Rest in them, as a tired child rests.

None of you

Established
Grey Days. - January 22

BE not afraid. I am your God, your Deliverer. From all evil, I will deliver you. Trust Me. Fear not.

Never forget your "Thank You." Do you not see it is a lesson? You must say "Thank You" on the greyest days. You must do it. All cannot be light unless you do. There is grey-day practice. It is absolutely necessary.

My death upon the Cross was not only necessary to save a world, it was necessary, if only to train My disciples. It was all a part of their training: My entering Jerusalem in triumph; My washing the disciples' feet; My sorrow-time in Gethsemane; My being despised, judged, crucified, buried. Every step was necessary to their development - and so with you.

If a grey day is not one of thankfulness, the lesson has to be repeated until it is. Not to everyone is it so. But only to those who ask to serve Me well and to do much for Me. A great work requires a great and careful training.

None of you

Established
How Power Comes. - January 23

Lord, Thou are our Refuge. Our God, in Thee do we trust. O Master, come and talk with us.

ALL power is given unto Me. It is Mine to give, Mine to withhold, but even I have to acknowledge that I cannot withhold it from the soul that dwells near Me, because it is then not a gift, but passes insensibly from Me to My disciples.

It is breathed in by the soul who lives in My Presence.

Learn to shut yourself away in My Presence - and then, without speaking, you have those things you desire of Me, Strength - Power - Joy - Riches.

None of you

Established
Your Great Reward. - January 24

You pray for Faith, and you are told to do so. But I make provision in the House of My Abiding for those who turn towards Me, and yet have weak knees and hearts that faint. Be not afraid. I am your God. Your Great Reward. Yours to look up and say, "All is well."

I am your Guide. Do not want to see the road ahead. Go just one step at a time. I very rarely grant the long vista to My disciples, especially in personal affairs, for one step at a time is the best way to cultivate Faith.

You are in uncharted waters. But The Lord of all Seas is with you, the Controller of all Storms is with you. Sing with joy. You follow The Lord of Limitations, as well as The God in whose service is perfect freedom.

He, The God of the Universe, confined Himself within the narrow limits of a baby-form and, in growing boyhood, and young manhood, submitted to your human-limitations, and you have to learn that your vision and power, boundless as far as spiritual things are concerned, must in temporal affairs submit to limitations too.

But I am with you. It was when the disciples gave up effort after a night of fruitless fishing, that I came, and the nets brake with the over-abundance of supply.

None of you

Established
Way of Happiness. - January 25

Complete surrender of every moment to God is the foundation of happiness, the superstructure is the joy of being in union with Him. And that is, for each, the place, the mansion, I went to prepare for you.

My followers have misunderstood that, and looked too often upon that promise as referring only to an After-Life, and too often - far too often - upon this life as a something to be struggled through, in order to get the reward and the joy of the next.

Seek to carry out all I say, and such understanding, insight, vision and joy will be yours as shall pass indeed all understanding. The plans of God are very wonderful - beyond your highest hopes.

Cling to thoughts of protection, safety, guidance.

None of you

Established
Keep Calm. - January 26

Keep your Spirit-Life calm and unruffled. Nothing else matters. Leave all to Me. This is your great task, to get calm in My Presence, not to let one ruffled feeling stay for one moment. Years of blessing may be checked in one moment by that.

No matter who frets you or what, yours is the task to stop all else until absolute calm comes. Any block means My Power (Force) diverted into other channels.

Pour forth - pour forth - pour forth - I cannot bless a life that does not act as a channel. My Spirit brooks no stagnation, not even rest. Its Power must flow on. Pass on everything, every blessing. Abide in Me.

See how many you can bless each day. Dwell much in My Presence.

None of you

Established
Height of the Storm. - January 27

Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of Eternal Life. - John 6:68.

I am with you both. Go forward unafraid. Health and Strength, Peace and Happiness and Joy - they are all My Gifts. Yours for the asking.

In the spiritual (as in the material) world there is no empty space, and as 'Self', and fears and worries depart out of your lives, it follows that the things of the Spirit, that you crave so, rush in to take their places. All things are yours, and ye are Christ's, and Christ is God's. What a wonderful cycle, because ye are God's.

Be not afraid. Fear not. It is to the drowning man the Rescuer comes. To the brave swimmer who can fare well alone He comes not. And no rush of Joy can be like that of a man towards his Rescuer.

It is a part of My Method to wait till the storm is at its full violence. So did I with My disciples on the Lake. I could have bidden the first angry wave to be calm, the first gust of wind be still, but what a lesson unlearned? What a sense of tender nearness of refuge and safety would have been lost.

Remember this - My disciples thought that in sleep I had forgotten them. Remember how mistaken they were. Gain strength and confidence and joyful dependence and anticipation from that.

Never fear. Joy is yours, and the radiant joy of the rescued shall be yours.

None of you

Established
Low Ambitions. - January 28

Fear not. Do not fear to be busy. You are the servant of all. "He that would be the greatest among you, let him be the servant of all."

Service is the word of My disciples. I served indeed the humblest, the lowliest. I was at their command. My highest Powers were at their service.

Be used. Be used by all, by the lowest, the smallest. How best can you serve? Let that be your daily seeking, not how best can you be served.

Truly man's thoughts are not God's Thoughts, nor man's ways, God's Ways. When you seek to follow Me in all, it frequently means a complete reversion of the way of the world you have hitherto followed. But it is a reversion that leads to boundless happiness and peace.

Look around you, read what is being written. What do you find? Do the aims and ambitions that man strives for bring peace, or the world's awards bring heart-rest and happiness? No! indeed, man is at war with man. Those whom the world has most rewarded, with name, fame, honour, wealth, are weary and disappointed.

And yet, to the listening ear, above the jangle of the world's discordant cries, there echoes down the 1900 years My Message, "Come unto Me all ye that are weary and heavy laden and I will give you Rest."

And the weary and disappointed who listen and turn to Me find indeed that Rest. Joy of the Weary I am, Music to the Heart I am, Health to the Sick, Wealth to the Poor, Food to the Hungry, Home to the Wanderer, Rapture to the Jaded, Love to the Lonely.

There is not one want of the soul, that I do not supply for the asking, and to you too, I long to be all.

None of you

Established
I Clear The Path. - January 29

Wait on The Lord - Psalm 27:14.

I am thy Shield. Have no fear. You must know that "All is well." I will never let anyone do to you both, other than My Will for you.

I can see the future. I can read men's hearts. I know better than you what you need. Trust Me absolutely. You are not at the mercy of Fate, or buffeted about by others. You are being led in a very definite way, and others, who do not serve your purpose, are being moved out of your Path by Me.

Never fear, whatever may happen. You are both being led. Do not try to plan. I have planned. You are the builder, not the Architect.
Go very quietly, very gently. All is for the very best for you.

Trust Me for all. Your very extremity will ensure My activity for you. And having your foundation on The Rock - Christ, Faith in Him, and "being rooted and grounded in Him," and having belief in My Divinity as your Corner Stone, it is yours to build, knowing all is well.

Literally, you have to depend on Me for everything - everything. It was out of the depths that David cried unto Me, and I heard his voice. All is well.

None of you

Established
The Soul at War. - January 30

No evil can befall you, if I am with you. "Ill that He blesses is our good." Every time of being laid aside is a time of retreat into the Quiet Place with Me. Never fear but in that place you shall find restoration and power and joy and healing.

Plan both of you retreat days now and then - days when you live apart with Me, and arise rested and refreshed - physically, mentally, and spiritually, to carry on the work I have given to you. I will never give you a load greater than you can bear.

Love, Joy, Peace, welcome these. Let no personal feelings, no thoughts of 'Self' banish these. Singly, they are miracle-producing in a life, but together, they can command all that is needed on the physical, mental and spiritual planes.

It is in these wonder-realm attributes all success lies. You have to see your inner lives are all they should be, and then the work is accomplished. Not in rushing and striving on the material plane, but on the battlefield of the Soul are these things won.

None of you

Established
Suffering Redeems. - January 31

All sacrifice and all suffering is redemptive: to teach the individual or to be used to raise and help others.

Nothing is by chance (or luck).

Divine Mind and its wonder-working, is beyond your finite mind to understand.

No detail is forgotten in My Plans, already perfect.

None of you

Established
Another Start. - February 1

Take courage. Do not fear. Start a new life tomorrow. Put the old mistakes away, and start anew. I give you a fresh start. Be not burdened. Be not anxious. If My forgiveness were for the righteous only, and those who had not sinned, where would be its need?

Remember as I said to Mary of old, "To whom much is forgiven, the same loveth much."

Why do you fret and worry so? I wait to give you all that is lovely, but your lives are soiled with worry and fret. You would crush My treasures. I can only bless glad, thankful hearts.

You must be glad and joyful.

None of you

Established
Practise Love. - February 2

Watch over and protect us.

Want of Love will block the way. You must love all. Those that fret you and those who do not.

Practise Love. It is a great lesson, and you have a Great Teacher. You must love, how otherwise can you dwell in Me, where nothing unloving can come? Practise this and I will bless you exceedingly, above all you can not only ask, but imagine.

No limit to My Power (Force). Do all you can and leave to Me the rest. Peace will come and Trust. Fear not, I am your Advocate, your Mediator.

None of you

Established
If Men Oppose. - February 3

Only believe. The Walls of Jericho fell down. Was it axes or human implements that brought them down? Rather the Songs of Praise of the people and My Thought carried out in action.

All walls shall fall before you, too. There is no Earth-power. It falls like a house of paper, at My Miracle-Working Touch. Your faith and My Power (Force) - the only two essentials. Nothing else is needed.

So, if man's petty opposition still holds good it is only because I choose to let it stand between you and what would be a mistake for you. If not - a word - a thought - from Me, and it is gone. The hearts of kings are in My rule and governance. All men can be moved at My wish.

Rest in this certainty. Rely on Me.