God Calling

None of you

Established
Full Joy. - September 19

These things have I spoken unto you . . . that your Joy might be full. - John 15:11.

Remember that the Truths I teach you have all been given to you too (as My disciples of old) with the idea of giving you that overflowing Joy . . .

Search for the Joy in life. Hunt for it as for hidden treasure. Love and Laugh. Delight yourselves in the Lord.

Joy in Me. Full Joy it was I wished My disciples to have. I intended them to have it. Had they lived My teachings out in their daily lives they would have had Fullness of Joy.

None of you

Established
Taste and Trust. - September 20

Taste and see that the Lord is good. - Psalm. 34:8

He is good. Trust in Him. Know that all is well. Say "God is good. God is good." Just leave in His hands the present and the future, knowing only that He is good. He can bring order out of chaos, good out of evil, peace out of turmoil. God is good.

I and My Father are one. One in desire to do good. For God to do good to His children is for Him to share His goodness with them. God is good, anxious to share His goodness, and good things, with you, and He will do this.

Trust and be not afraid.

None of you

Established
See the Father. - September 21

Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. - John 14:8

My children, have I been so long time with you, coming to you, speaking to you, and yet have you not known the Father.

Your Father is the God and Controller of a mighty Universe. But He is as I am. All the Love and the Strength and Beauty you have seen in Me are in My Father.

If you see that, and know Him and Me as we really are, then that sufficeth you - is really sufficient for you - completes your life - satisfies you - is all you need.

See the Father, see Me, and it sufficeth you. This is Love in abundance. Joy in abundance. All you need.

None of you

Established
Joy-Tribute. - September 22

Jesus, our Lord, we Thee adore.

Sing unto Me from a glad heart. Sing and praise My Holy Name. Praise is man's joy-tribute to Me, and as you praise, thrills of Joy surge through your being, and you learn something of the Joy of the Heavenly Host.

None of you

Established
Turn Again. - September 23

Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh unto you. - James. 4:8

This is a Law in the Spiritual Life. You must turn to Me before you are conscious of My nearness. It is that turning to Me you must cultivate in every circumstance. A glad turning of thankfulness, or a turning of weak appeal.

It is so wonderful that naught is needed but that mute appeal. You have no need to voice your longing. No need to plead, No need to bring gifts. How wonderful to feel you can so simply claim help, and so promptly, so lovingly, it is there.

Not only Help but the comfort and Joy of Divine Nearness and Companionship. A nearness that brings sweetness into life, and confidence, and peace.

Never fear, never lose heart. Draw nigh to Me, and in that nearness is all you need. My Presence alone can transform conditions and lives - bring Harmony and Beauty, Peace and Love.

None of you

Established
Learn of Me. - September 24

Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of Eternal Life. - John 6:68.

Learn of no one but Me. Preachers are to point the way to Me. After that you must accept Me, the Great Teacher.

The words of Eternal Life are all the words controlling your being, even controlling your temporal life. Take these too from Me. Have no fear. Abide in Me and accept My ruling.

Be full of gratitude. Wing up your prayers on Praise to Heaven. Take all that happens as My planning. All is well. I have all prepared in My Love. Let your heart sing.

None of you

Established
Come and Stay. - September 25

Come unto Me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. - Matt. 11:28.

Yes, come for rest. But stay for rest, too. Stop all feverish haste and be calm and untroubled. Come unto Me, not only for petitions to be granted but for nearness to Me.

Be sure of My Help, be conscious of My Presence, and wait until My Rest fills your soul.

Rest knows no fear. Rest knows no want. Rest is strong, sure. The rest of soft glades and peacefully flowing rivers, of strong, immovable hills. Rest, and all you need to gain this rest is to come to Me. So come.

None of you

Established
Serve All. - September 26

I am among you as one that serveth.

Yes! remember to serve all. Be ready to prove your Sonship by service. Look on all you meet as guests in your Father's House, to be treated with Love, with all consideration, with gladness.

As a servant of all think no work beneath you. Be ever ready to do all you can for others. Serve. Serve. Serve.

There is a gladness in service, a Joy in doing My Will for others, in being My expression of all good for them.

Remember that when you serve others, you are acting for your Master and Lord who washed His disciples' feet. So, in service for others, express your Love for Me.

None of you

Established
Divine Restraint. - September 27

Is My Hand shortened that it cannot save? No! My power to save increases as your power to understand My Salvation increases. So from Strength to Strength, from Power to Power, we go in Union.

Limitless is My Miracle-working Power in the Universe, though it has limitations in each individual life, but only to the extent of the lack of vision of that individual. There is no limit to My Power to save. Also there is no limit to My desire and longing to save. My Hand is not shortened, and it is "stretched out still", longing and waiting to be allowed to bless and help and save.

Think how tenderly I respect the right of each individual soul. Never forcing upon it My Help, My Salvation. Perhaps in all My suffering for humanity that is the hardest, the restraint of the Divine Impatience and Longing to help, until the call of the soul gives Me My right to act.

Think of Love shown in this. Comfort My waiting, loving, longing Heart by claiming My Help, Guidance and Miracle-working Power.

None of you

Established
The Secret Path. - September 28

Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfill all righteousness. - Matt. 3:15.

Upon this I founded My seven years' Mission on Earth - on the acceptance of the difficulty and discipline of life, so as to share that human life with My followers in all the ages.

Much that you both must accept in life is not to be accepted as being necessary for you personally, but accepted, as I accepted it, to set an example, to share in the sufferings and difficulties of mankind.
In this "to share" means "to save." And there, too, for you both . . . the same must be true as was so true of Me: "He saved others. Himself He cannot save."

Beloved, you are called to save and share in a very special way. The way of sorrows, if walked with Me, the Man of Sorrows, is a path kept sacred and secret for My nearest and dearest, those whose one desire is to do all for Me, to sacrifice all for Me, to count, as My servant Paul did, "all things but loss so that they might gain Me."

But, dreary as that Path must look to those who view it only from afar, it has tender lights and restful shades that no other walk in life can give.

None of you

Established
I Touch Your Arm. - September 29

Thy touch has still its ancient Power.

Yes! When you are quiet before Me I lay My Hand upon each head, and Divine Spirit flows through that healing, powerful Touch into your very beings. Wait in silence before Me to feel that.

When you look to Me for guidance My Hand is laid upon your arm, a gentle Touch to point The Way. When in mental, physical or spiritual weakness you cry to Me for healing, My Touch brings Strength and Healing, the renewal of your youth, the power to climb and strive.

When you faint by the way, and stumbling footsteps show human strength is waning, My Touch of the Strong and Helping Hand supports you on your way.

Yes! My children, My touch has still its ancient Power, and that Power is promised to you. So go forward into the future bravely, and unafraid.

None of you

Established
Wisdom. - September 30

As thy days so shall thy strength be.

I have promised that for every day you Live, the strength shall be given you. Do not fear.

Face each difficulty sure that the Wisdom and Strength will be given you for it. Claim it.

Rely on Me to keep My Promise about this. In My Universe, for every task I give one of My children, there is set aside all that is necessary for its performance. So why fear? So why doubt?

None of you

Established
Secret of Prosperity. - October 1

Look unto Me and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth. - Isa. 45:22.

Look to no other source for Salvation. Only look unto Me. See no other supply. Look unto Me, and you shall be saved. Regard Me as your only supply. That is the secret of prosperity for you, and you in your turn shall save many from poverty and distress.

Whatever danger threatens, look unto Me . . . . Whatever you desire or need, or desire or need for others, look unto Me. Claim all from My Storehouse. Claim, claim, claim.

Remember that I fed the Children of Israel with Heaven-sent manna. I made a way through the Red Sea for them. I led them through the wilderness of privation, difficulty, discipline. I led them into a land flowing with milk and honey. So trust. So be led.

Rejoice. These are your wilderness days. But surely and safely, you are being led to your Canaan of Plenty.

None of you

Established
True Meekness. - October 2

How easy it is to lead and guide when you are responsive to My wish! The hurts of life come only when you, or those about whom you care, endeavor to go your, or their, own way and resist the pressure of My Hand.

But in willing My Will there must be a gladness. Delight to do that Will.

"The meek shall inherit the Earth," I said. That is, control others, and the material forces of the Earth.

But this exaltation state of possession is the result of a yielded will. That was My meaning of the word meek.

So live. So yield. So conquer.

None of you

Established
Blessed Assurance. - October 3

The work of righteousness shall be Peace, and the effect of righteousness: quietness and assurance for ever. - Isa. 32:17

Be still and know that I am God. Only when the soul attains this calm can there be true work done, and the mind and soul and body be strong to conquer and to bear.

The Peace is the work of righteousness - living the right life, living with Me. Quietness and assurance follow.

Assurance is the calm born of a deep certainty in Me, in My Promises, in my Power to save and keep. Gain this calm, and at allcosts keep this calm. Rest in Me. Live in Me. Calm, quiet, assured - at Peace.

None of you

Established
All You Desire. - October 4

He hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see Him there is no beauty that we should desire Him. - Isa. 53:2.

My children, in this verse My servant Isaiah spoke of the wonderful illumination given to those who were Spirit-guided.

To those who know Me not, there is in Me nothing to appeal to them, or to attract them.

To those who know Me there is nothing more to be desired. "No beauty they could desire Him."

Oh! My children, draw very near to Me. See Me as I really am, that ever you may have the Joy of finding in Me all you could desire. The fulfillment of all you could desire in Master, Lord or Friend.

None of you

Established
No Chance Meetings. - October 5

The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore. - Psalm 121:8.

All your movements, your goings and comings, controlled by Me. Every visit, all blessed by Me. Every walk arranged by Me. A blessing on all you do, on every interview.

Every meeting not a chance meeting, but planned by Me. All blessed.

Not only now, in the hour of your difficulty, but from this time forth and for evermore.

Led by the Spirit, a proof of Sonship. "As many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the (adopted) Sons of God," and if children then heirs - heirs of God.

What a heritage! Heirs - no prospect of being disinherited. "Heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ: if so be that you suffer with Him that you may be also glorified together."

So your suffering has its purpose. It is a proof of Sonship. It leads to perfection of character (the being glorified), and to Union with Me, God, too. Think of, and dwell upon, the rapture of this.

None of you

Established
A Child's Hand. - October 6

Dear Lord, we cling to Thee.

Yes, cling. Your faith shall be rewarded. Do you not know what it means to feel a little trusting hand in yours, to know a child's confidence?

Does that not draw out your Love and desire to protect, to care? Think what My Heart feels, when in your helplessness you turn to Me, clinging, desiring My Love and Protection.

Would you fail that child, faulty and weak as you are? Could I fail you? Just know it is not possible. Know all is well. You must not doubt. You must be sure. There is no miracle I cannot perform, nothing I cannot do. No eleventh hour rescue I cannot accomplish.

None of you

Established
Rejoice at Weakness. - October 7

Saviour, breathe forgiveness o'er us.
All our weakness Thou dost know.

Yes! I know all. Every cry for mercy. Every sigh of weariness. Every plea for help. Every sorrow over failure. Every weakness.

I am with you through all. My tender sympathy is yours. My strength is yours.

Rejoice at your weakness, My children. My strength is made perfect in weakness. When you are weak then am I strong. Strong to help, to cure, to protect.

Trust Me, My children. I know all. I am beside you. Strong, strong, strong to save. Lean on my Love, and know all is well.

None of you

Established
The Dark Places. - October 8

Jesus, the very thought of Thee with Sweetness fills us.

Yes. Love Me until just to think of Me means Joy and rapture. Gladness at the thought of One very near and dear.

It is the balm for all sorrows, the thought of Me. Healing for all physical, mental and spiritual ills, you can always find in thinking of Me, and speaking to Me.

Are doubts and fears in your hearts? Then think of Me, speak to Me. Instead of those fears and doubts, there will flow into your hearts and beings such sweet Joy as is beyond any joy on earth.

This is unfailing. Never doubt it. Courage. Courage. Courage. Fear nothing. Rejoice even in the darkest places. Rejoice.