God Calling

None of you

Established
My Image. - June 2

My Lord and my God, we praise Thee, we bless Thee, we worship Thee. Make us like Thee.

You are willing to drink of the cup that I drink of - the wine of sorrow and disappointment.

You are Mine and will grow both of you more and more like Me, your Master.

True it is today as it was in the days of Moses that no man can see My Face and live.

The 'Self', the original man, shrivels up and dies, and upon the soul (Being) becomes stamped My Image.

None of you

Established
Eject Sin With Love. - June 3

Our Lord, we love and praise Thee. Thou art our Joy and our exceeding great reward.

Remember that Love is the power which transforms the world. Love not only of Me, Love not only of the few dear to you, but Love of all - of the publicans - the sinners - the harlots - Love, not emotion.

It is the only weapon with which sin can be driven out. Drive sin out with Love.

Drive fear and depression and despair and a sense of failure out with Praise.

Praise is the acknowledgment of that which I have sent you. Few men would send a further gift of payment until they had received the acknowledgment of the previous one. So praise, acknowledging, as it does, My gift and blessing, that leaves the way open for Me to shower yet more on the thankful heart.

Learn, as a child learns, to say "Thank you" as a courtesy, with perhaps no real sense of gratitude at all. Do this until at last a thrill of joy, of thankful awe, will accompany the spoken word.

Do not expect for yourselves feelings that you know others have or have had. Just go on along the arid way of obedience, and persistence will be rewarded as you come to the Spring, the glad Spring of Water.

Oh, joy in Me, and, as far as in you lies, shed Joy on all around.

None of you

Established
Divine Patience. - June 4

Lord, make us like Thee. Mould us into Thy likeness.

Moulding, My children, means cutting and chiselling. It means sacrifice of the personal to conform to type. It is not only My work but yours.

The swift recognition of the selfish in your desires and motives, actions, words and thoughts, and the instant appeal to Me for help to eradicate that.

It is a work that requires co-operation - Mine and yours. It is a work that brings much sense of failure and discouragement too, at times, because, as the work proceeds, you see more and more clearly all that yet remains to be done.

Shortcomings you had hardly recognized or at least for which you had had no sense of sorrow, now cause you trouble and dismay.

Courage! That is in itself a sign of progress.

Patience, not only with others, but, each of you, with yourself.

As you see the slow progress upward made by you, in spite of your longing and struggle, you will gain a divine patience with others whose imperfections trouble you.

So on and up. Forward. Patience - Perseverance - Struggle. Remember that I am beside you, your Captain and your Helper. So tender, so patient, so strong.

Yes, we co-operate, and as I share your troubles, failures, difficulties, heartaches, so, as My friends, you share My patience, and My strength - beloved.

None of you

Established
That Tender Voice. - June 5

Very quietly I speak. Listen to My Voice. Never heed the voices of the world - only the tender Divine Voice.

Listen and you will never be disappointed. Listen, and anxious thoughts and tired nerves will become rested. The Voice Divine - not so much in strength as in tenderness. Not so much in power as in restfulness.

But the tenderness and the restfulness will heal your scars and make you strong, and then it must be your task to let all your power be My Power (The Force). Man's little power is as clay beside the granite rock of My Power.
Y
ou are My great care. Never feel at the mercy of the world. My angels guard you day and night and nothing can harm you. You would indeed thank Me if you knew the fiery darts of fret and evil they turn from you.

Thank Me indeed for dangers unknown - unseen - but averted.

None of you

Established
How Men See Me. - June 6

I came to help a world. And according to the varying needs of each so does each man see Me.

It is not necessary that you see Me as others see Me - the world, even the community, My disciples, My followers, but it is necessary that you see Me, each of you, as supplying all that you personally need.

The weak need My Strength. The strong need My Tenderness. The tempted and fallen need My Salvation. The righteous need My Pity for sinners. The lonely need a Friend. The fighters need a Leader.

No man could be all these to men - only a God could be. In each of these relations of Mine to men you must see the God. The God-Friend, the God-Leader, the God-Saviour.

None of you

Established
True Beauty. - June 7

Incline your ear, and come unto Me: hear and your soul shall live. - Isa. 55:3

Not only live but grow in grace and power and beauty - the true Beauty, the Beauty of Holiness.

Reach ever forward after the things of My Kingdom.

In the animal world the very form of an animal alters to enable it to reach that upon which it delights to feed.

So, reaching after the treasures of My Kingdom, your whole nature becomes changed, so that you can best enjoy and receive the wonders of that Kingdom.

Dwell on these truths.

None of you

Established
The Only Way. - June 8

Down through the ages My Power alone has kept millions of souls brave and true and strong who otherwise would have fallen by the way.

The Faith has been kept alive and handed down, not by the dwellers in ease, but by those who struggled and suffered and died for Me.

This life is not for the body, it is for the soul (Being), and man too often chooses the way of life that best suits the body. Not the way that best suits the soul. And I permit only what best suits the soul.

Accept this and a wonderful moulding is the result. Reject it and My Purpose is frustrated, your best prayer unanswered, progress (Spiritual progress) delayed, trouble and grief stored up.

Try, each of you, to picture your soul as a third, being trained by us - by you and Me - and then you will share, and rejoice in sharing, in the discipline and training.

Stand apart from your soul with Me and welcome training - rejoice at progress.

None of you

Established
An Obstacle Race. - June 9

Rise above your fears and fancies into My Joy. It will suffice to heal all your sores and wounds. Forget all sense of failure and shortcomings, all the painful jolts and jars, and trust Me, love Me, call upon Me.

Your discipleship is an obstacle race. "So run that ye may obtain." Obtain not only your hearts' desires, but obtain Me - your souls' Joy and Haven.

What would you think of the runner who threw himself on the ground in despondency at his first hurdle?

Over, and on and up. I am your Leader and your goal.

None of you

Established
The Day of Trouble. - June 10

Offer unto Me the sacrifice of thanksgiving and pay your vows to The Most High, and then call upon Me in the day of trouble and I will deliver you.

To praise and thank and steadily fulfill your promises (vows) to Me are then, as it were, the placing of coin in My Bank, upon which, in your time of need, you can draw with confidence and certainty. Remember that.

The world wonders when it sees the man who can so unexpectedly draw large and unsuspected sums from his bank for his own need, that of a friend, or for some charity.

But what the world has not seen are the countless small sums paid into that bank, earned by faithful work in many ways.

And so in My Kingdom. The world sees the man of faith make a sudden demand upon Me, upon My stores, and lo! that demand is met.

The world thinks the man has magic power - No! the world does not see that the man has been paying in, in thanks and praise, promises fulfilled - faithfully, steadily.

So with you, My children. "Offer to God the sacrifice of Thanksgiving and pay your vows to The Most High and call upon Me in the day of trouble and I will deliver you."

This is a promise for the seemingly dull days of little happenings, and a cheer for you, My children. When you seem not able to do big things you can be storing your little acts and words of faithfulness in My Great Storehouse, ready for the day of your big demand.

None of you

Established
My Mark! - June 11

O Lord, we thank Thee for Thy great gift of Peace.

That is the Peace that only I can give in the midst of a restless world and surrounded by trouble and difficulty. To know that Peace is to have received the stamp of the Kingdom - the mark of the Lord Christ Jesus. My Mark.

When you have learned that Peace you are fit to judge of true values, the values of the Kingdom, and the values of all the world has to offer.

That Peace is loving faith and rest.

None of you

Established
House on a Rock. - June 12

Be watchful to hear My Voice and instantly to obey. Obedience is your great sign of faith. "Why call ye Me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not the things that I say" was My word when on Earth to the many who followed and heard, but did not do.

I likened the man who heard and did not do to the man who built his house on the sand. In times of storm and trouble he is overthrown, his house falls.

I likened the man who obeyed Me implicitly to the man who built his house upon a rock. In times of storm he is steadfast, immovable.

Do not feel that by this I mean only the keeping of My Commandments, even the living My Sermon on the Mount. I mean more than that to those who know Me intimately. I mean the following, in all, the Inner Guiding that I give, the little injunctions I speak to each individual soul, the wish I express - and desire to have carried out.

The secure, steadfast, immovable life of My disciples, the Rock-Home, is not built at a wish, in a moment, but is laid, stone by stone, foundations, walls, roof, by the acts of obedience, the daily following out of My wishes, the loving doing of My Will.

"He that heareth these sayings of Mine and doeth them is like unto a man who built his house upon a rock, and the rain descended and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house and it fell not, for it was founded upon a Rock."

And it is in that Rock-Home, man-made but divinely inspired - the House of Obedience - the truest expression of a disciple's adoration and worship - it is there I come to dwell with My loved one.

Am I not giving you work, hope? Work for the grey days? Just little plain bricks of duties done and My Wishes carried out. All strengthening you and making of your character that steadfast, immovable Christian Character of which My servant Paul spoke and which he urged his followers to have.

None of you

Established
God-Inspired. - June 13

You have entered now upon a mountain climb. Steep steps lead upward, but your power to help others will be truly marvellous.

Not alone will you arise. All towards whom you now send loving, pitying thoughts will be helped upward by you.

Looking to Me all your thoughts are God-inspired. Act on them and you will be led on. They are not your own impulses but the movement of My Spirit and, obeyed, will bring the answer to your prayers.

Love and Trust. Let no unkind thoughts of any dwell in your hearts, then I can act with all My Spirit-Power, with nothing to hinder.

None of you

Established
Face Today With Me. - June 14

Our Lord and our God. Make us all Thou wouldst have us.

It is not circumstances that need altering first, but yourselves, and then the conditions will naturally alter. Spare no effort to become all I would have you. Follow every leading. I am your only Guide.

Endeavour to put from you every thought of trouble. Take each day, and with no backward look, face the day's problem with Me, and seek My Help and guidance as to what you can do.

Never look back and never leave until the morrow that on which you can get My Guidance for today.

None of you

Established
"Glory, Glory Dawneth." - June 15

I am planning for you. Wonderful are My Ways beyond your knowledge.

Oh! realize My Bounty and My Goodness more and more. The wonder of being led by Me! The beauty of a guided life!

These will enter your consciousness more and more and bring you ever more and more Joy.

You are very, very near at the point when you shall ask what you will and it shall be done unto you.

You have entered upon a wonderful era - your lives are planned and blessed by Me as never before.

You are overcoming. You are counting all things but loss if you can win Me. And the promises to him that overcometh are truly wonderful, and will always be fulfilled.

None of you

Established
Seek Me Early. - June 16

Walk in My Way and trust Me. No evil can touch you. I am yours as truly as you are Mine. Rest in that truth.

Rest, that is, cease all struggle. Gain a calm, strong confidence in that certainty. Do not only rest in Me when the world's struggles prove too much and too many for you to bear or face alone. Rest in Me when you need perfect understanding, when you need the consciousness of tender, loving friendship and intercourse.

The world, My poor world, flies to Me when its difficulties are too great to be surmounted in any other way, forgetting, or never realizing, that if, with the same eagerness, those hearts sought Me merely for companionship and loving intercourse, many of the difficulties would not arise.

The circumstances, the life, the character would be so altered - so purified, that those same difficulties would not exist.

Seek Me early, that is the way to find Me. Early, before I get crowded out by life's troubles, and difficulties and pleasures.

None of you

Established
Dear Name. - June 17

"Jesus." Say My Name often. It was in My Name Peter bade the lame man walk. "In the Name of Christ Jesus the Nazarite arise and walk."

"Jesus." The very sounding of My Name, in Love and tenderness, drives away all evil. It is the word before which all the hosts of evil flee.

"Jesus." My Name is the call for a life-line to rescue you from temptation.

"Jesus." The Name banishes loneliness - dispels gloom.

"Jesus." Summons help to conquer your faults.

I will set you on high because you have known My Name.

Yes! My Name - "Jesus." Use it more. Use it tenderly. Use it prayerfully. Use it powerfully. Never take it in vain.

None of you

Established
Wait. - June 18

The world has always seen service for Me to be activity. Only those near to Me have seen that a life apart, of prayer, may, and does so often, accomplish more than all the service man can offer Me.

If man lived apart with Me and only went out to serve at My direct command My Spirit could operate more and accomplish truly mighty things.

None of you

Established
The Success You Covet. - June 19

Follow the path of obedience. It leads to the Throne of God. Your treasure, be it success necessary on the material plane, which will further the work of My Kingdom, or the hidden spiritual wonders revealed by Me only to those who diligently seek, this treasure lies at the end of the track.

From one point (a Promise of Mine or a Command) to the next, you have to follow, till finally you reach the success you covet.

All your work for the moment is in the material plane and the spiritual is only to help the material. When your material goal is reached then the material will serve only to attain the spiritual.

None of you

Established
Miracles Again. - June 20

Wait to hear My Will and then obey. At all costs obey.

Do not fear. I am a wall of protection around you.

See this. To see this with the eyes of faith is to cause it to manifest in the material.

Remember I long to work miracles, as when on earth I wrought them, but the same condition holds good. I cannot do many mighty works because of unbelief.

So only in response to your belief can I do miracle-works now.

None of you

Established
See As I See. - June 21

O Lord, we praise Thee. Bless us, we beseech Thee.

I Bless you. I promise you release. Joy in Me. You shall be shielded from the storm.

Wonders have unfolded. Just to come before Me and stay for a while in My Presence - this must strengthen and help you.

Learn of Me. The only way for so many in My poor world to keep calm, sane, is to have the mind which is in Christ Jesus. The mind which is in Me.

That mind you can never obtain by reasoning, or by reading, but only by living with Me and sharing My Life.

Think much of Me. Speak much of Me. See others as I see them. Let nothing less satisfy you.