God Calling

None of you

Established
Quiet Lives. - November 17

Well done, good and faithful servant. Enter thou into the Joy of thy Lord. - Matt. 25:23.

These words are whispered in the ears of many whom the world would pass by unrecognizing. Not to the great, and the world-famed, are these words said so often, but to the quiet followers who serve Me unobtrusively, yet faithfully, who bear their cross bravely, with a smiling face to the world. Thank Me for the quiet lives.

These words speak not only of the passing into that fuller Spirit Life. Duty faithfully done for Me does mean entrance into a Life of Joy - My Joy, the Joy of your Lord. The world may never see it, the humble, patient, quiet service, but I see it, and My reward is not Earth's fame, Earth's wealth, Earth's pleasures, but the Joy Divine.

Whether here, or there, in the earth-world, or in the spirit-world, this is My reward. Joy. The Joy that carries an exquisite thrill in the midst of pain and poverty and suffering. That Joy of which I said no man could take it from you. Earth has no pleasure, no reward, that can give man that Joy. It is known only to my lovers and My friends.

This Joy may come, not as the reward of activity in My service. It may be the reward of activity in My service. It may be the reward of patient suffering, bravely borne.

Suffering, borne with Me, must in time bring Joy, as does all real contact with Me. So live with Me in that Kingdom of Joy, My Kingdom, the Gateway into which may be service, it may be suffering.

None of you

Established
Dazzling Glory. - November 18

Arise shine; for thy Light is come, and the Glory of the Lord is risen; upon thee. - Isa. 60:1.

The glory of the Lord is the Beauty of His Character. It is risen upon you when you realize it, even though on Earth you can do so only in part.

The Beauty of the Purity and Love of God is too dazzling for mortals to see in full.

The Glory of the Lord is also risen upon you when you reflect that Glory in your lives, when in Love; Patience; Service; Purity; whatever it may be, you reveal to the world a something of the Father, an assurance that you have been with Me, your Lord and Saviour.

None of you

Established
Hills of the Lord. - November 19

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made Heaven and Earth. - Psalm 121:1, 2

Yes! always raise your eyes, from Earth's sordid and mean and false, to the Hills of the Lord. From poverty, lift your eyes to the Help of the Lord.

In moments of weakness, lift your eyes to the Hills of the Lord.

Train your sight by constantly getting this long view. Train it to see more and more, further and further, until distant peaks seem familiar.

The Hills of the Lord. The Hills whence comes your help. A parched earth looks to the Hills for its rivers, its streams, its life. So look you to the Hills. From those Hills comes Help. Help from the Lord - Who made Heaven and Earth.

So, for all your spiritual needs, look to the Lord, Who made Heaven, and for all your temporal needs look to Me, owner of allthis, the Lord Who made the Earth.

None of you

Established
Mysteries. - November 20

Your Hope is in the Lord. More and more set your hopes on Me. Know that whatever the future may hold it will hold more and more of Me. It cannot but be glad and full of Joy. So in Heaven, or on earth, wherever you may be, your way must be truly one of delight.

Do not try to find answers to the mysteries of the world. Learn to know Me more and more, and in that Knowledge you will have all the answers you need here, and when you see Me Face to Face, in that purely Spiritual world, you will find no need to ask. There again all your answers will be in Me.

Remember, I was the answer in time to all man's questions about My Father and His Laws. Know no theology. Know Me. I was The Word of God. All you need to know about God you know in Me. If a man knows Me not, all your explanations will fall on an unresponsive heart.

None of you

Established
Radiate Joy. - November 21

Not only must you rejoice, but your Joy must be made manifest. "Known unto all men." A candle must not be set under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that it may give light to all who are in the house.

Men must see and know your Joy, and seeing it, know, without any doubt, that it springs from trust in Me, from living with Me.

The hard dull way of resignation is not My Way. When I entered Jerusalem, knowing well that scorn and reviling and death awaited Me, it was with cries of Hosanna, and with a triumphal procession. Not just a few "Lost Cause" followers creeping with Me into the City. There was no note of sadness in My Last Supper Talk with My disciples, and "when we had sung a psalm" we went out unto the Mount of Olives.

So trust, so conquer, so joy. Love colours The Way. Love takes the sting out of the wind of adversity.

Love. Love. Love of Me. The consciousness of My Presence, and that of My Father. We are one, and He - God - is Love.

None of you

Established
Only Love Lasts. - November 22

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. - 1 Cor. 13:1.

See that only Love tells. Only what is done in Love lasts, for God is Love, and only the work of God remains.

The fame of the world, the applause given to the one who speaks with the tongues of men and of angels who attracts admiration and compels attention, it is all given to what is passing, is really worthless, if it lacks that God-quality, Love.

Think how a smile, or word of Love, goes winged on its way, a God-Power, simple though it may seem, while the mighty words of an orator can fall fruitless to the ground. The test of all true work and words is - are they inspired by Love?

If man only saw how vain is so much of his activity! So much work done in My Name is not acknowledged by Me. Ask for Love. Turn out from your hearts and lives all that is not loving, so shall ye bear much fruit, and by this shall all men know ye are My disciples, because ye have Love one toward another.

None of you

Established
Earth's Furies. - November 23

In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. - John 16:33.

Then you may ask why have you, My children, to have tribulation if I have overcome the world.

My overcoming was never, you know, for Myself, but for you, for My children. Each temptation, each difficulty, I overcome as it presented itself.

The powers of evil were strained to their utmost to devise means to break Me. They failed, but how they failed was known only to Me, and to My Father, Who could read My undaunted Spirit. The world, even My own followers, would see a Lost Cause. Reviled, spat upon, scourged, they would deem Me conquered. How could they know My Spirit was free, unbroken, unharmed?

And so, as I had come to show man God, I must show him God unconquered, unharmed, untouched by evil and its power. Mancould not see My Spirit untouched, risen above these Earth furies and hates, into the Secret Place of the Father. But man couldsee My Risen Body, and learn by that, that even the last attempt of man had been powerless to touch Me.

Take heart from that, for you must share My tribulations. If evil is to leave you unchallenged you must be evil. If evil challenges you, if trials press sore, it is because you are on My side, and, as My friends, exposed to the hate of evil.

But be of good cheer. You walk with Me. I conquered evil at every point, though man could only see it proved, beyond all doubt, when I rose from the dead. And in My conquering Power you walk un-harmed to-day.

None of you

Established
Suffer to Save. - November 24

Take each day's happenings as work you can do for Me. In that Spirit a blessing will attend all you do. Offering your day's service thus to Me, you are sharing in My Life-work, and therefore helping Me to save my world.

You may not see it, but the power of vicarious sacrifice is redemptive beyond man's power of understanding here on earth.