God at Eventide

A Freeman

Superstar
Into My Likeness. - May 31

"Changed . . .from Glory to Glory." Changed from one character to another. Each change marking as it were a milestone on the Spiritual Highway.

The Beauty of the view you see in the distance is the realization of My character, My Glory, towards which with varying pace you are hourly progressing.

The way to secure better progress is to keep your gaze on your goal. Not on the road you traverse, assuredly not on the way by which you have come. Your goal is that Glory or Character that you see more and more clearly in Me, your Lord and Master.

"It doth not yet appear what you shall be, but know that when I shall appear (that is to you, to your sight, when you see Me), you shall be like Me, for you shall see Me as I am."

A Freeman

Superstar
Confidence. - June 1

Character-change comes by doing My Will in days when you see no Vision and hear no Voice.

Never leave the path of strict observance of all you were told to do when you saw Me and spoke to Me on the Mount. If you do you walk into serious danger.

These dull days are your practice days. Difficulties appear, failure seems inevitable. But all is necessary, so that you may learn to adapt your life to the teaching I have given; you may realize your own weakness; develop obedience and perseverance, without waiting for further instruction and inspiration.

Persevere with patience. I guide you still, for I am with you when you do not realize My Presence.

More faith will come through the confidence arising from experience.

A Freeman

Superstar
Shake Free. - June 2

Come unto Me . . . and I will give you rest.

Rest in the midst of work. Heart-rest in the knowledge of My keeping Power.

Feel that rest stealing into your Being. Incline your ear and come unto Me, hear and your soul (Being) shall live. Grow in strength, not overgrown by cares.

Let not the difficulties of life, like weeds, choke the rest of your soul, choke and tether the soaring freedom of your spirit.

Rise above these earth-bonds into newness of life, abundant and victorious. Rise.

A Freeman

Superstar
Praise For Everything. - June 3

Confidence must be the finishing chord of every contact between you and Me. Joyful confidence. You must end upon the Joy-note.

The union between a soul and Me is attained in its beauty and complete satisfaction only when, in every incident, that soul achieves praise.

Love and laugh and thank Me all the time.

A Freeman

Superstar
Delve. - June 4

Consider the Truths of My Kingdom as well worth all search, all sacrifice. Dig down into the soil. Dig when it means toil, fatigue.

Above and below the ever-present material you must look for My Hidden Treasure. It is not what you say, but what you perceive, that will influence other lives.

My Spirit will communicate this to you and also to those round you. So for their sakes delve.

A Freeman

Superstar
Delve Further. - June 5

Examine yourself. Ask Me and I will show you what you are doing wrong - if only you will listen humbly and be unreservedly determined to do My Will.

A Freeman

Superstar
True Joys. - June 6

Continue ye in My Love. Seek nothing for yourself, only what you can use for Me. Rely on Me for all. Be meek, not only towards Me but towards others. Love to serve. Have no fear. Seek to be true in all. Be full of Joy.

The world wants to see Joy, not in the thrills of worldly pleasures and dissipations, but in the beauty of Holiness. In the ecstasy of peaceful safety with Me. In that thrill of spiritual adventure My true followers know, in the satisfaction that 'Self'-conquest gives.

Let your world see that you are steadfast, immovable.

A Freeman

Superstar
Lose Life's Sting. - June 7

Submit yourself entirely to My Control, My Kingship; then the sting is taken out of life's rebuffs.

Welcome each contact as of My planning. Be ready to widen your circle of influence at My wish. Do not let age or other limitations daunt you.

Trust Me. Can I not judge your fitness for the task I give you? Have not I a Love for your acquaintances as well as for you?

Do not question My decisions. All is planned in Love for all My children. Only 'Self'-will can hinder the carrying out of the Divinely-conceived plan.

Work gladly, knowing all needed wisdom shall be provided, also all needed material to do My Work.

A Freeman

Superstar
Perennial Youth. - June 8

Count all well lost, all other work well foregone, to rest apart with Me.

From these times you go out strengthened, glad, full of Life-giving Joy - My Joy that you can never find anywhere else but with Me, the Joy-giving Christ.

Let others sense this Joy. More than any words this will show them the priceless gain of life with Me.

You shall truly find that there is no age in My Kingdom, in My Companionship.

A Freeman

Superstar
Set Apart. - June 9

Count not these days as lost.

You have, even in this seemingly narrow life, countless opportunities for 'Self'-conquest. There is no greater task than that.

I set apart those who greatly desire to reflect Me, because there is danger that in the crowded ways, and among others, 'Self' will gain the ascendancy.

For a time, until 'Self' is recognized and conquered, you too must withdraw into the wilderness.

You are learning much, and I am your Teacher.

Come with Me into a desert place and rest awhile.

A Freeman

Superstar
Do You Remember? - June 10

Cultivate the habit of thinking about Me. God is everywhere. My Presence is always with you, but recollection brings consciousness of that Presence and closer friendship.

Deliberately recall some event in My life, some teaching of Mine, some act of love. So will you impress Me upon your character and life.

Your learning and accomplishments are valueless without My Grace, which is sufficient for you. Leave planning to Me. Leave Me to open or close the way.

Prepare yourself for all I am preparing for you.

A Freeman

Superstar
Simple Obedience. - June 11

Dear Lord, teach me to obey Thee in all things.

You are Mine, pledged to serve Me.

Every want of yours has been anticipated. Look back and see how each failure has been due to your not having obeyed implicitly the instructions I gave you in preparation for that task or trial.

Listening to My Voice implies obedience. I am a tender Lord of Love, but I am a Captain with whose words there must be no trifling.

You are a volunteer, no conscript, but if you expect the privileges of My Service you must render Me the obedience of that service.

The Way of obedience may seem hard and dreary, but the security of My ordered life the untrained soul can never know. March in step with your Captain.

A Freeman

Superstar
Spiritual Renewal. - June 12

Deep life-giving draughts of My Spirit are yours.

Think of the aridness, the thirst, that is unquenched till the whole unsatisfied Being is age-worn.

Can you help man in any better way than by proving to him that the cleansing waters of My Spirit have power to wash away all that hinders growth, and to satisfy to the full every thirst of your nature?

A Freeman

Superstar
Conquest of Fear. - June 13

It is not thinking about Me, but dwelling with Me that brings perfect fearlessness.

There can be no fear where I am. Fear was conquered when I conquered all Satanic power. If all My followers knew this, and affirmed it with absolute conviction, there would be no need of armed forces to combat evil.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Soul Restored. - June 14

Do not sorrow if, after time with Me, you cannot repeat to yourself all the lessons you have learned. Enough that you have been with Me.

Do you need to know the history of plant or tree to enjoy the countryside? You have inhaled pure air and been refreshed with the beauty of the landscape. Enough for the day. So, too, you have been in My Presence and found rest unto your souls.

A Freeman

Superstar
Down in the Valley. - June 15

Do not let doubt or fear assail or depress you because of this time of anguish and failure-sense through which you have passed. No, this had to be.

Useful work lies ahead of you. Before the onset of so great a task My servant has usually to walk through the Valley of Humiliation, or in the wilderness.

If I, your Lord, before I began My Mission, had to have My forty days of temptation, how could you expect to go all unprepared to your great task?

You must taste anew the shame of unworthiness, of failure and of nothingness before you go forth with Me conquering and to conquer.

A Freeman

Superstar
Down into Egypt. - June 16

Down into Egypt, back into Galilee. These journeys were gladly undertaken. They meant no family upheaval, for was not the desire of that Family but to fulfill Divine Intent?

Upheavals come only when man is set on some particular way of life, and is called to forgo that.

When the fixed desire is to do the Father's Will, then there is no real change. The leaving of home, town, country is but as the putting off of a garment that has served its useful purpose.

Change is only Spiritual progress when the life is lived with Me, the Changeless One.

A Freeman

Superstar
Bind Their Wounds. - June 17

Draw from Me not only the Strength you need for yourself, but all you need for the wounded ones to whom I shall lead you. Remember no man liveth to himself. You must have Strength for others.

They will come to you in ever-increasing numbers. Will you send them empty away? Draw from Me and you will not fail them.

A Freeman

Superstar
Nearer to Thee. - June 18

"Lord, show me Thyself," is a cry that never goes unanswered.

Not often to physical vision comes the awareness but to spiritual insight, as more and more you realize My Love, My Power, and the manifold wonders of My character - its humility; its Majesty; its tenderness; its sternness; justice; mercy; healing and consuming fire.

Draw nigh to Me, and I will draw nigh to you.

A Freeman

Superstar
My Healing Power. - June 19

When life is difficult then relax completely; sleep or rest in conscious reliance on My Healing Power.

Endeavour that others may never see you anything but rested, strong, happy, joyful.

Before you meet seek renewal in My Secret Place.

Your tears and cares must be shared with Me alone.

My blessing be upon you.