God at Eventide

A Freeman

Superstar
Lord of Joy. - May 12

THE UNSPEAKABLE JOY offered Himself for joyful recognition.

This is a further stage of development.

You enter upon it when you realize that I was the expression in time of the Joy of all Eternity. That joy I offered to all who would see in My Way the path of Joy, and who would hail Me, not only as the Man of Sorrows but as the Lord of Joy.

This truth becomes known to those only who give joyful recognition to this all-amazing, all-sustaining, all-revealing JOY.

A Freeman

Superstar
Highways and Byways. - May 13

The Way of Holiness differs for each of My followers as the character of each differs. My command for you is not necessarily My command for another.

My followers often forget this. Because I may have told them to take a certain road they are sure that you should be walking in the same way.

Heed them not. Remember, too, that a way of discipline for you may not be My will for another.

A Freeman

Superstar
You Have Been Warned. - May 14

Fasting is the starving-out of 'Self'. It may not always be by food-abstinence. But it is an absolute essential for progress in the Life with Me.

There is no standing still in the Jedi life. If there is not progress there is retrogression.

I redeemed you. Bought you back from slavery to sin, of whatever kind.

So, when weakness overcomes you, and you yield to temptation, you make of My Redemption a mockery.

A Freeman

Superstar
Grasp This Truth. - May 15

Too many hinder their work for Me by seeking to justify themselves. You are fighting for Christ the King, not for your-'Self'. The explaining or justifying must be for Me.

In any difficulty with another put yourself in his place and pray that his difficulty may be solved for him.

This will bring about a solution of yours, and help you to see better that for which you should pray. Putting yourself in his place will help to remove the Beam from your eye and thereby enable you to see clearly the Mote in his eye, so you can remove it.

The power to realize the needs of those you contact can only be acquired by absorbing sympathy and understanding from My Life. So, time for knowing Me must be increasingly dear and necessary to you.

Your task is to show the Power of My Spirit working through a life of yielded will, and the Joy that transforms the life when this is so.

A Freeman

Superstar
Hungry Hearts. - May 16

We would see Jesus.

This is still the cry of a hungry; dissatisfied; seeking world.

I look to My followers to satisfy that cry.

Reflect Me, that the Seekers may see Me in you, and then go on to company with Me.

Rejoice at this as John rejoiced when he could point his disciples to Me with the brave and humble words, "He must increase, but I must decrease."

Go on in Faith and Joy and Love.

A Freeman

Superstar
My Messenger Goes Before. - May 17

When you think of Me as your Rescuer, remember it is not only from sin, depression or despair.

It is from the difficulties of life also and from perplexity as to your path. I solve your problems. I provide the channel through which help will come.

I send My messenger to prepare your way before you. I train you so that you may be fitted for your next task, so that you may be worthy of My promised blessing. That Blessing which I long to shower on you.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Healing Light. - May 18

Wherever My followers go, there should be My Light surrounding them. The Light of the Sun of Righteousness.

Evil cannot live in that Light.

Man is only just learning that Light banishes disease.

Every follower of Mine who is in close personal touch with Me is surrounded by this Light. Light Eternal. Light reflected by a consciousness of My Presence.

So whether he speak or not he must be the means of diffusing My Light wherever he goes.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Ordered Life. - May 19

You cannot be doing My work well and wielding a worthy influence unless all your life is ordered.

Let that be your aim and your achievement.

Secure this order and you will be able to do so much more in My service, and, without haste or unrest, reflect more the order and beauty of My Kingdom.

You need this discipline in your life.

Peace is the result of an ordered life lived with Me.

Prepare yourself for each task, for each occasion. Pray for those you will contact; your time with them.

This will save discord, and will enable the work and planning, in which you co-operate with them, to be fruitful for good.

A Freeman

Superstar
Spirit Waves. - May 20

You have been told to end all prayer upon a note of praise.

That note of praise is not only faith rising up through difficulties to greet Me. It is even more. It is the Soul's recognition that My Help is already on the way.

It is the echo in your heart of the sound borne on Spirit Waves.

It is given to those who love and trust Me to sense this approach.

So rejoice and be glad, for truly your redemption draweth nigh.

A Freeman

Superstar
Soften the Soil. - May 21

In My story of the Sower the hearts that lost the blessing, that held no good result, lost it because My servants had failed to prepare the ground.

They had failed to guard those they sought to influence, against the power of evil, and hardness of heart. They had failed to brace them to bear trouble and difficulty. They had failed to warn them against becoming too engrossed with having and getting.

The ground of the Sower had not been prepared. Much prayer must precede seed-sowing if the labour is not to be in vain.

So seek to prepare My way before Me. Then I, the Great Sower, will come. Harvest will indeed be great.

A Freeman

Superstar
Christianity Has Not Failed. - May 22

Men are trying to live the Christian life in the Light and Teaching of My seven years' Mission alone. That was never My Purpose.

I came to reveal My Father, to show the God-Spirit working in man. I taught, not that man was only to attempt to copy the JESUS the Nazarite, but that man was also to be so possessed by My Spirit, the Spirit actuating all I did, that he would be inspired as I was.

Seek to follow Me by the Power of the In-dwelling Spirit which I bequeathed to you. This Spirit WILL guide you into all Truth.

I told My disciples that I could not tell them all but the Spirit would guide them. That is where My followers fail Me. Dwell more and more upon this Spirit-Guidance, promised to all, and so little claimed.

A Freeman

Superstar
Getting and Giving. - May 23

Come, My children, come and gladly claim. Come and take from Me. Come with outstretched hands to receive.

And keep nothing. Eagerly pass on My gifts so that I may again bless your emptiness and refill your vessels.

You begin to understand this Law of Supply.

Man does not realize that for the children of the Kingdom the Law is not that which rules outside.

My followers must be channels through which My gifts can pass to others. You cannot obtain My supply and follow the way of the world.

A Freeman

Superstar
No Separation. - May 24

Come to Me.

At first with reluctant footsteps, then, as our Friendship grows, ever more and more eagerly, until the magic of My Presence not only calls but holds you, and reluctantly you turn to earth's ways and duties again.

But, as time passes, even that reluctance passes too, as you know there is no separation, not even a temporary one, in such Companionship; because I go with you and My Words you carry ever in your heart.

A Freeman

Superstar
New Temptations. - May 25

You will find that as you grow in Grace, evil forces are more ready to hinder your work and influence.

Walk warily, watchfully.

Always
see that there is a new discipline to become a part of your armour, for as you progress new temptations will present themselves.

In rarified air there are subtle dangers unknown in the valley or on the lower sides of the mountain. Many a disciple fails because he is not aware of the mountain dangers.

A Freeman

Superstar
A Day at a Time. - May 26

The problems of tomorrow cannot be solved without the experience of today.

There is a plan for your lives dependent upon the faithful work of each day. You frustrate that plan if you leave today's task incomplete, while you bestir and fret yourself over tomorrow's happenings.

You will never learn the Law of Supply if you do this, and the learning of that law is the lesson for now.

A Freeman

Superstar
Home of Content. - May 27

Can you not trust My supply?

All is yours. Could I plan your journey, your way of life, your work and not count the cost?

Can you not trust Me even as you would trust an earthly friend? Live in My Kingdom and then the supply of the Kingdom is yours.
I wish you to learn the Glory of a God-protected life.

No idle, fruitless rushing hither and thither.

Storms may rage, difficulties press hard, but you will know no harm . . . safe, protected and guided.

Love knows no fear.

A Freeman

Superstar
Care for All. - May 28

Realize My overflowing and overwhelming Bounty. The stores of the Lord are inexhaustible, but to test My generosity to the full you must be generous.

My lovers give with no niggard hands.

A Freeman

Superstar
Cares Cared For. - May 29

Casting all your care upon Him, for He hath care of you.

How precious these words. Care, attention, and the Love which prompts them, are all indicated here, as also the most tender provision.

You are not told to put your worries away merely so that you may forget about them, but to cast them upon God. That is different: they will be dealt with.

Difficulties will be cleared away, mistakes rectified, weaknesses remedied, disease healed, problems solved.

A Freeman

Superstar
See Clear. - May 30

Your power to help your brother does not depend upon him: it is in your own hands. It is conditional upon your casting out the beam out of your own eye.

Attack not your brother's faults but your own. As you eradicate those you discover where your brother needs help, and you acquire the power to give him that help to conquer and to eradicate his faults.