God at Eventide

A Freeman

Superstar
How Joy Comes. - January 14

The Joy that follows awareness of Guidance has ever been the upholding Joy of My followers.

It is the result of desiring My Will only, in every detail, and then the realization of the wonderful way I can act for you when you leave the planning to Me.

Truly all things, every detail in each day, do work together for good to those who love Me. My miracle-working power can become operative when there is no "kicking against the pricks," no thwarting of My Will.

Whether you walk here on earth, or are free from earth's limitations in My Heaven, it is Heaven to walk with Me. Man has sought to describe Heaven in terms of music and song. That is but his endeavour to express the ecstasy he knows on earth in Communion with Me, and to anticipate its magnified intensity in Heaven.

A Freeman

Superstar
Where Danger Lies. - January 15

I am beside you - the eager Listener, so ready to hear your plea, so ready to say all that your heart needs.

Live more with Me apart, and so there will come an ever-increasing helpfulness to others.

Heart-poise, mental balance, spiritual strength, will be yours in ever more abundant measure. Never feel that you can help others unaided by Me, for therein lies danger.

Your 'Self'-importance is destructive of helpfulness, devitalising because your strength has such limitations. Mine is limitless.

Grow more dependent upon Me, yet more assured that you can do all things through Me.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Foe Within. - January 16

Never lose heart. Kill the proud 'Self' as you go on, for on that dead 'Self' you rise.

On ever with Me. Do not let earth's frets disturb you. Since you cannot follow Me and indulge 'Self', at all costs turn 'Self' out directly its claims disturb; so only can you keep spiritual calm.

Not your circumstances but your 'Self' is the enemy. A man's foes are those of his own household.

Do others blame you falsely? I was reviled but I reviled not again.

A Freeman

Superstar
Great Souls. - January 17

I am here. Realize My Presence. My love surrounds you; be filled with My Joy.

You are being truly guided though not until you are content to be led as little children do you really live fully in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Life with Me is of child-like simplicity. Simple souls are the great souls, for in simplicity there is majesty.

A Freeman

Superstar
Joy of Meeting. - January 18

So many think of prayer as petition only. It IS petition. "In everything by prayer and supplication let your requests be made known unto Me."

But prayer is also a glad turning to meet Me for the joy of the meeting, for the rapture of My Presence.

Prayer, too, is preparation for to-morrow's return to those who need you, those to whom My love goes out from you.

A Freeman

Superstar
Comfort and Joy. - January 19

I am with you. I will help you. Through suffering to health, through sorrow to joy, through pain to ease, through night to day - you shall be led and comforted.

Without previous experience of dawn and day none could dream that the glorious dawn and fullness of day could follow the blackest night.

Regard this experience not as darkness but as dawn. The first faint glimmers of light are following the black night through which you have passed. The full day is not yet. But hail the DAWN with Me.

A Freeman

Superstar
Now is the Victory. - January 20

I am with you. I am delivering you. But look for deliverance not from circumstances alone, but deliverance from the 'Self'-ties that bind you to earth, and that hinder your entrance into that kingdom of service in which there is perfect freedom. All is well.

You shall rise to newness of Life. You cannot fail to rise as you free yourself from the toils and sins and failures that bind you to earth.

No past sins can enchain you. You look to Me and are saved. They are all forgiven. Conquer your faults with My Strength now, and nothing can prevent you from rising, nothing that is past.

A Freeman

Superstar
Exceeding Great Reward. - January 21

I am thy shield and thine exceeding great reward.

Shield from the storm of life. Shield from even the consequences of your own faults and failings. Shield from your weakness. Shield from worry. Shield from fear and sorrow. Shield from the world with its allure and temptations. It is your faith in Me that makes Me your shield. If you lose or have a hole in that faith, so is it also correspondingly with your shield. . Not only your shield, but your exceeding great reward

Not the reward of perfection in your life, for that you could not win here. Not the reward of what you do, or of any merit in yourself. Only the result, or reward of your questing. The satisfaction of your hunger to find Me. Exceeding great reward.

Your reward is the same as that of the greatest Jedi who has ever lived. Given not as trophy of victory, not as a recognition of virtue, but given because you are the Seeker, and I, your Lord, am the Sought.

A Freeman

Superstar
I Know All. - January 22

I am the sharer of the secrets of your life. How rich in blessing each experience may be if shared with Me alone.

How often, by much speaking and 'Self'-indulgent sharing with others, a jewel of rare beauty may be robbed of its priceless worth to your soul. A bud of Joy and sweet perfume too rashly forced to premature bloom will lose its purity and fragrance.

Even the sharing of past sins and failures may mean 'Self' for the time in the foreground, or vitality, so needed for the present, lost. Dwell in the Secret Place of The Most High.

A Freeman

Superstar
Fear No Evil. - January 23

I am the Lord of your life, Guardian of your inmost being, the Christ of God. Sheltered in My Hidden Place no harm can befall you. Pray to know this.

Let this Truth become a part of your very consciousness, that where I am no evil can be, and that therefore when you abide in Me and I in you no evil can touch you.

Spiritual Truths take sometimes many years to learn, sometimes they come 'Out of the Blue' in a flash of sudden revelation.

A Freeman

Superstar
Have You? - January 24

I am teaching you, but not always Spiritual Truths that gladden you.

Often, too often, there has to be the word of reproof as I tell you of commands of Mine not obeyed, of resolutions made when in contact with Me that you have failed to keep, of work done for Me in no spirit of Love and Joy, of failure to obtain supply because your attitude (often not your heart) questioned My unlimited supply.

I teach no easy lesson.

I choose no flower-bordered path in which to walk with you, but take heart in that I do walk with you as with Peter of old even when he had denied Me.

He had seen his sin. He went out and wept bitterly.

A Freeman

Superstar
My Compensations. - January 25

I am listening. Picture Me, your Lord. Not as one deaf to your entreaties, but rather as One straining with an intensity of Love to catch the first faint cry from one of His children.

Even in the case of those who love Me, how often do I listen in vain for the spontaneous words of Love?

Do not cry to Me only when cares press and you are weary. Speak to Me often. Share with Me all the little happenings, all the frets, all the little glad things.

These not only draw us more closely to each other, but they are to Me compensations for the neglect I suffer from My world.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Healing Life. - January 26

I am your Lord, trust Me in all. Never doubt My keeping Power. Behold Me, the Lord of your life. Gain strength from Me.

Remember that Healing, Divine Healing, is not so much a question of praying on your part, and of granting on Mine, as of living with Me, thinking of Me, sharing My Life. That contact makes you whole. Go forward gladly, go forward unafraid.

A Freeman

Superstar
Help for All. - January 27

I have not promised My Help to the virtuous only. To the sinner who turns to Me, to the Jedi who lives with Me, to both alike My miracle-working Power is manifested.

Help, temporal as well as spiritual, truly I bestow, not as a reward of goodness but as a fulfillment of My pledge made to all who believe Me.

But when one turns to Me I at once plan the rescue craved. If that one hearing My plan, learning of My Purpose, should fail to do his appointed task in that plan, how can My healing of physical, spiritual or temporal disharmony be manifested?

A Freeman

Superstar
Your Defender. - January 28

I am the Gift of God to man. Only so was it possible for man to know God the Father. Only so was it possible for man to know that he had ever an Advocate with God - The Sinless Christ.

There is always One Who understands your case, Whose appeal cannot fail to be heard. He has the right of Sonship. He has a right to plead for you.

If He can plead for offending man, undertaking full responsibility for him, what better Advocate could you have? He knows. He has seen the tears of sorrow, the heartache and temptation. He can plead as none other.

His own temptation was so real that, conqueror as He was, He can yet feel the tenderest pity for the vanquished. He knows how seeming fair evil can appear, and He can estimate the added burden of tainted blood, inherited weakness and sin.

He gave His only Begotten Son. This GREAT GIFT AM I, your Friend, your Companion. Leave all to Me, your Advocate, trained during My years on earth to plead, never for Myself, but for every one who rests his cause in My Hands.

A Freeman

Superstar
Overcomers. - January 29

Study the "Overcomeths" in the Revelation to My servant John, and you will see the tender intimacy with Me promised as a result of overcoming. To believe is not enough. To believe Me does truly involve the possession of Eternal Life, but that is a trust to use as truly as the talent of My story.

It is not only a something to be enjoyed.

Eternal life is a refreshing; reforming; enriching; uprooting; ennobling Power to be employed to the full by those to whom I entrust it.

In this My servants so often fail, and so miss the wonder of Communion with Me. Guard this Truth.

A Freeman

Superstar
More Love. - January 30

I come, a truly willing guest. Love always draws. Remember that. Love is the magnetic Power of the Universe. God is LOVE, the Power that draws all men by various ways unto Himself.

Remember that your Love too, being of God, has the same magnetic Power. Love, and you will draw to you those whom you desire to help.

When you fail to do so, search your life. Love is deficient. More love is necessary.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Evening Call. - January 31

Softly at even, comes the footfall of your Master, My day has been long and weary. Hearts that I have yearned over and longed for still withstand Me.

I see the aged, desolate without Me. I see the disappointment of men and women, who in Me would find heart-satisfaction which others cannot give them. I see youth crowding Me out of its work-filled, pleasure-filled days. And yet I wait. I knock; I plead; I call, unheard; unheeded; unwanted.

As I was the link between the Father and man, so now must My followers be the links between man and Me.

Human Love, material aid, human understanding and friendship must bind those for whom I yearn.

Channels through which My help can flow to man truly you must be, but also the means through which man finds his groping way to Me.

A Freeman

Superstar
All Loves Excelling. - February 1

Softly I approach. Gently My Spirit speaks to your heart.

The mystery of man's communion with Me lies in the beauty and wonder of its aloneness. For the moment the world seems not to exist. Its noise and traffic seem hushed.

There is indeed wonder in that stillness. A faint glimpse is seen in the sudden realization of Love between two human+Beings. Surprise and wonder . . . the world is for them alone . . . no claim other than their love.

What wonder in the heart of man when he realizes the beauty, tenderness and closeness of communion with Me!