God at Eventide

A Freeman

Superstar
Union with God. - November 17

True
religion is that which binds the soul to God, and supplicatory prayer binds the soul less than any other form of approach.

It is necessary, how necessary, but how often it can fail to bind truly. Meditation and Communion are of infinitely more value.

Meditation is man's line thrown out. It links the soul to God. Communion is God's line thrown out. It draws and unites the soul to Him.

A Freeman

Superstar
Joy and Courage. - November 18

Trust in Me. Do more than trust. Joy in Me. If you really trust, you cannot fail to Joy. The wonder of My Care, Protection and Provision is so transcendingly beautiful, as your trust reveals it to you, that your whole heart must sing with the Joy of it.

It is that Joy that will, and does, renew your youth. That source of your Joy and Courage.

Truly did I know what I was enjoining when I said, "Love and Laugh." But - your attitude must be right, not only with Me, but with those around you.

A Freeman

Superstar
Check Up. - November 19

Turn out all of your ‘Self’ that would rebel against My sway. Know no other rule.

Check your actions and motives habitually. Those that are actuated by ‘Self’-esteem or ‘Self’-pity - condemn.

Discipline yourself ruthlessly rather than let ‘Self’ gain any ascendancy. Your aim is to oust it, and to serve and follow Me only.

A Freeman

Superstar
Watchful Expectancy. - November 20

Wait before Me, in humble, silent anticipation. Wait in entire and childlike obedience. Wait as a servant anticipating his master's orders and wants.

Wait as a lover eager to note the first suggestion of a need, and to hasten to supply it. Wait for My orders and commands. Wait for My Guidance, My Supply.

Well, indeed, in such a life may you be of good cheer. Can a life be dull and dreary when always there is that watchful expectancy, always that anticipation of glad surprise, always wonder of fulfillment, Joy of supply?

A Freeman

Superstar
Be Glad in the Lord. - November 21

Wait before Me with a song of praise in your hearts. Sing unto Me a "New Song". There will always be something in each day for which to thank Me.

Acknowledge every little happening as a revelation of My Love and thought for you. Praise has the power to wash away the bitterness of life. Be glad in the Lord.

Rejoice evermore. Great is the heart's "Thank You." As you learn to thank Me more and more you will more and more see Me in the little happenings, and increasingly see much about which to rejoice. Praise and thanksgiving are the preservers of youth.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Look of the Lover. - November 22

How few wait on Me.

Many pray to Me.

They come into My Presence feverish with wants and distress, but few wait there for that calm and strength that contact with Me would give.

Look unto Me and be ye saved. But the look was not meant to be a hurried glance. It was to be the look into My face of the lover beholding the Beloved.

A Freeman

Superstar
When Misunderstood. - November 23

Wait upon Me.

Wait until My strength has filled your Being, and you are no longer weak, petty, "misunderstood."

Rise above any fret as to how others may judge you. Leave Me to explain what I will of you and your actions.

Would you seek to follow a Christ Who had wasted His God-power on fruitless explanations?

So with you. Leave Me to vindicate you, and to be your Advocate, or trust My silence in this as in all else.

A Freeman

Superstar
Eternal Calm. - November 24

Remember that you live in Eternity, not time. Let there be no rush to do this or that, but no sloth either.

It follows that for each task Eternity is yours, if you truly live in Eternity.

How often, and how sadly, impotent haste has hindered not hastened the work of My Kingdom.

Live more quietly, bathed in the calm of Eternity. Feel this before you leave My Presence.

No fevered haste to work My Will. You must go forth in God's Great Calm.

There was no haste in His Creative Plan. Do you not feel the Strength of Calmness that lies behind God's work in Nature? Rest and know.

A Freeman

Superstar
Green Pastures. - November 25

Walk in My Pastures. The eye will be rested and the spirit restored by the soft green of their verdure. The ear soothed and then enchanted, by the sound of My Waters of Comfort.

No stones will impede your progress.

The soft haze over all will speak of unrevealed mysteries, while the wonder of life about you will tell of My ever-active, creative and protective Power, and you will be filled with a contentment that will merge into a strange yearning for a spirit-oneness with Me.

Then - you will know I am there.

A Freeman

Superstar
Complete Obedience. - November 26

Walk in My Way.

My Way is that of doing, not only of accepting, the Father's Will.

Submitting to that Will, however gladly you may do so, is not enough.

Your work and influence for Me are hindered if your life is not one of complete obedience. "By the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

Where would your salvation have been had I faltered and wavered in MY task?

It was by the obedience of My earth-life that I saved and so must it be with you.

A Freeman

Superstar
Spirit of Adventure. - November 27

The path has been tried, every step has been planned with a view to your progress. Never test your work by what others can accomplish, or by what they leave undone. Yours to master the task I have set you. Go forward in My strength, and in the Spirit of Adventure.

Undreamed of heights can be attained in this way. Never question your capability. That has been for Me to decide. No experienced Leader would set a follower a task beyond his Power. Trust Me, your Leader.

The World would have been won for Me ere this: had My followers been dauntless, inspired by their faith in Me. It is not humility to hesitate to do the great task I set. It is lack of faith in Me.

To wait to feel strong is cowardly. My strength is provided for the task, but I do not provide it for the period of hesitancy before you begin.

How much of My Work goes undone through lack of faith. Again and again might it be said -

"He did not many mighty works through this follower's unbelief."

A Freeman

Superstar
Active but Alert. - November 28

Walk very carefully in life. It is a wonderful thing to be known as one who loves Me and seeks to follow Me, but it is also a very great responsibility.

So much that you may do, in which you are not guided by Me, may be condemned as unworthy, and a slur be cast upon My followers and My Community.

There are no moments in your life from now on in which you can be free from great responsibility. Never forget this. My soldiers are ever on active service.

A Freeman

Superstar
Miracles I Could Not Do. - November 29

What emphasis has been laid upon the wonder of My walking upon the Sea, and upon My feeding the multitudes. In the eyes of Heaven those were miracles of small importance.

Nature was My servant, the creation of the Father; and the Father and I are as one. Over her and over the material world I had complete control. My acts were natural, spontaneous, requiring no premeditation, beyond the selection of a suitable moment for their performance.

But My real Miracle work was in the hearts of men, because there I was limited by the Father's gift of Freewill to man. I could not command man as I could the waves. I was subject to the limitations the Father had set. No man must be coerced into My Kingdom.

Think of all that My restraint cost Me. I could have forced the world to accept Me, but I should then have broken faith with all mankind.

A Freeman

Superstar
Fly the Flag. - November 30

In your life and on your home you have unfurled the flag of My Kingship. Keep that flag flying.

Depression, disobedience, and want of faith, these are the half-masts of My Kingdom's flag.

Full and free, above earth's fogs and smokes, keep My flag flying high.

"The King is there, they serve the King," should be upon the lips and in the hearts of all who see it. Those who know you must, too, join those who fly My Flag.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Next Best-Thing. - December 1

When you long for your prayer to be answered, when your need is great, and you ask great things, then your way is so clear -.

Take the next simple duty that lies to your hand, and seek to do that thoroughly . . . and so with the next.

As you do it, remember My Promise.

Be faithful in that which is least, and I will make thee ruler over many things.

A Freeman

Superstar
Learning Times. - December 2

In performing the simple duty, and in the restraint (control) you achieve in doing it, and not in the feverish looking for the answer to your prayer for the big thing - maybe you learn the one thing needful before I entrust you with what you desire.

With Me, and in obedience to My Will, you have now, if you have learned that needed lesson, become suited for that answer.

These are learning-times, rather than testing-times.

A Freeman

Superstar
Your Faith Confirmed. - December 3

"Whom do men say that I am?" That is the first question I put to each man. My Claim, and the world's interpretation of My Mission and its culmination, must be a matter of consideration.

Then comes My second question, and upon the answer to this depends the man's whole future. Here we have left the realm of the human mind. Conviction must be of the heart and spiritual mind. "Whom do you say that I am?"

"Thou art the Christ, the Son of the Living God," was Simon's answer. Then, and not till then, was it possible, without infringement of man's right of Free Will, to add to that profession of faith, the confirmation of My Father, "This is My Beloved Son."

I had lived My Life naturally, as a man among men. But always with the Longing that those I had chosen might have the spiritual-eyes to see, the faith to penetrate the Mystery of Incarnation, and to see Me, the God inside the carnal body revealed.

The faith of a personal conviction is always cemented by the assurance of My Father. It is that which makes the faith of My true followers, so unshakable.

A Freeman

Superstar
Withdraw Yourself. - December 4

It is not in the crowd that lovers learn to know and cherish each other. It is in the quiet times alone.

So with My own and Me. It is in the tender alone-times that they learn all that I can be to each.

Shut out the world with its all too-insistent claims and noise. Then, because of the power and the peace and the joy that come to you, you will crave to be alone with Me.

A Freeman

Superstar
Perfect Achievement. - December 5

Yield to My demands.

Obey My Will, that is God's Will, for My MEAT was ever to do the Will of Him that sent Me. Obeying that Will, making it yours, all you will must be granted.

That Will is creative, secures perfect achievement, and being of God (One and indivisible), secures all that is of God – Love; Peace; Joy; Power, in the measure that one of His creatures can absorb them.

A Freeman

Superstar
A New Song. - December 6

You are being led forth. You have crossed the Red Sea. Your wilderness wanderings are nearly over. Behold I make all things new.
A new birth, a new heart, a new life, a "New Song".

Let this time be to you a time of renewal.

Cast away all that is dead. Truly live the Risen Life. In mind and spirit turn out all that offends.