God at Eventide

A Freeman

Superstar
Growing Young. - October 28

There will never be a time when you will have conquered all of ‘Self’. As you mount higher and higher, you will see more and more clearly the errors and shortcomings of your character and life.

That is as it should be. Progress means youth. Arrested growth means stagnation. Lack of progress and failure to conquer mean - old age.

In Eternal Life there can be no old age. Eternal Life is Youth-Life, full and abundant Life. "And this is Life Eternal that they might know Thee, the only True God, and Christ the Saviour, whom Thou hast sent."

A Freeman

Superstar
Little Difficulties. - October 29

The secret of true discipleship is service in little things. So rarely do Mine understand this.

They are ready to die for Me, but not to live for Me, in all the small details of this life.

Is not this the way of men, so often, towards those they love in the world? They are so ready to make the big sacrifices, but not the little ones.

Guard against this in service for Me. Suffer little hardships gladly, overcome little proud impulses, little selfishnesses, and little difficulties. Serve Me in the little things. Be My servants of the little ways.

A Freeman

Superstar
Rest in My Love. - October 30

Again I would stress that the service of my followers must be ever one of Love, not of duty. Temptations can so easily overcome a resolution based on fear, on duty, but against Love temptation has no power. Live in My Spirit, rest in My Love.

Remember, if you look to Me for everything, and trust Me for everything, and I do not send the full measure you ask, it must not be thought that it is necessarily some sin or weakness that is hindering My Help from flowing into and through you.

In some cases this may be so, but it may be simply My restraining Hand laid on you as I whisper, "Rest, step aside with Me. Come apart and rest awhile."

A Freeman

Superstar
And Seek No Surplus. - October 31

I would impress upon you again that only as you are channels can I make your supply plentiful and constant.

If you keep all you need, and then intend of your surplus to give to Me and Mine, there will be no surplus. I have promised to supply your need, so that as you impoverish yourselves, I repair that loss. Try and grasp that Truth in all its fullness.

A Freeman

Superstar
Joy in November. - November 1

These things have I spoken . . . that your Joy may be full.

The hallmark of a true follower of Mine is Joy. Not a surface pleasure at life's happenings, a something that is reflected from without, but a welling up from within of that joy that can only come from a heart at peace, secure in its friendship with Me.

Joy, strong and calm, attracts men to Me.

How many who claim Me Lord reflect a dull Christ, and wonder that the world turns rather to the glitter and tinsel of that world's pleasures.

Truly My followers deny Me in so doing. I am a Glorified Christ. A Christ of Triumphant Conquest.

Alas! My followers point too often to the grave-clothes of the tomb. Still learn to love and laugh.

A Freeman

Superstar
Your Store of Wealth. - November 2

The stored wealth of the Spirit of Christ Jesus. The giving out of that Spirit-wealth.

The Supply of the Spirit of Christ Jesus.

This, My Spirit, must be absorbed, not in a moment of emergency, but in the quiet alone-times, so that from this store all help and strength can be supplied.

The mistake My followers often make is that they rely upon this supply of My Spirit being ready for them to claim from Me at need, when the claim should have been made before, and My Spirit in all its fullness have already become a part of them.

My Spirit is not a Spirit of Rescue alone. It is both Builder and Strength, making of My follower that strong soldier ready for the emergency, or strong to avoid it, as the need of My Kingdom may demand.

A Freeman

Superstar
Up in the Heights. - November 3

The Sunlight on the Hills of God lures men to seek His Mountain Heights.

Get away from valley prejudices and fears on to the sunlit slopes with Me. Gently at first I will lead, so gently; then, as you gain strength, we will leave, together, the grassy slopes for the rugged Mountain Heights, where fresh visions are spread out before you, and where I can teach you My Secrets of those Heights.

Life holds in store more wonderful possibilities than you can sense as yet, and ever, more and more, as you go on, will further possibilities reveal themselves.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Life Beautiful. - November 4

The Wonder of a life with Thee, dear Lord.

In the Spirit realm Truths reveal themselves in the same varied wonders of colour as Nature her beauties.

Experiences, Guidance, Revelation of Truth, these are all, as it were, the flashing of glorious colour-harmonies upon your inner sight, provoking such a wealth of joy, such a thrill of ecstasy as is beyond mortal tongue to describe.

That joy is no shimmering beauty of the surface, but strength-giving and comforting. It furnishes the very foundation-altar upon which your life yields itself in sacrifice to Me, and from which your prayers ascend.

A Freeman

Superstar
Wine of Life. - November 5

They have no wine.

Something is lacking at the Feast of Life.

I only can supply that wonderful Life element that the world lacks. The Joy, the sparkle is mine to give.

Yours to feel the lack, the soullessness. Yours to say - "They have no wine."

"Whatsoever He saith unto you, do it."

Your task to fill the water-pots with water.

A Freeman

Superstar
Your Garden of Life. - November 6

Think of Me to-night as the Great Gardener, tending and caring for you as a gardener does for his garden.

Pruning here, protecting from frost there, planting, transplanting. Sowing the seed of this or that truth, safeguarding it with the rich earth, sending My spiritual-rain and -sun to help in its growth, watching so tenderly as it responds to My care.

Lovingly anxious when its first eager green appears. Full of joy at the sight of bud, and when the beauty of flower is seen. The seed and fruit of His pastures.

The Great Gardener. Let Me share with you the tending of your Garden of Life.

A Freeman

Superstar
Lost Opportunities. - November 7

Think of one who has wrought great evil in the world or in your own life. Then remember there may have been the time when a simple act of obedience to Me, by one who crossed his path, might have corrected and shown him his wrong, before evil mastered him.

Many a sin unconquered, an evil occurrence, could well be traced back to a lack of obedience, perhaps in years long past, of one who professed to serve Me.

Remember this in speaking to those who judge Me by the evil they feel I permit in the world. For yourself now, dwell not on the past, but dwell more with Me, that in future there be no sins of omission or commission.

A Freeman

Superstar
Your Life-line. - November 8

Think of the strong Life-line of Faith and Power. This I have told you is your line of rescue.

It means constant communication between us.

You pray for Faith. I give you Faith. This enables you to test the Power I give, as your Faith goes back to me in ever-increasing strength. My Power and your Faith ever interchanging. The one calling forth the other, each dependent upon the other, until My Faith in you is justified indeed by the Power you exercise.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Glowing Heart. - November 9

Think of the Walk to Emmaus, think of the feast of revelation that followed, of the understanding Friendship that was the result. How much I, their Lord, their Risen Lord, had explained to My two disciples during that walk. So much that was mystery to them became clear as we went along the way.

Yet not as their Master did I become known, until in the Breaking of Bread I revealed Myself. In speaking of Me afterwards they said, "Did not our hearts burn within us when He talked with us by the way."

So do not fret if all that I can be to you is not yet revealed. Walk with Me, talk with Me, invite Me to be your guest, and leave to Me My moment of self-revelation. I want each day to be a walk with Me.

Do you not feel, even now, your hearts burn within you, as if with the glow of anticipation?

A Freeman

Superstar
Rest for the Weary. - November 10

This weariness must compel you to sink back, a tired child, to rest in My Love. There remain, until that love so permeates your Being that you are supported by it, and, so strengthened, arise.

Until you feel that this is so, remain inactive, conscious of My Presence. Yours is a big work, and you must refresh yourself and only approach it again after periods of repose.

The activity on the Spirit-plane is so great, so wonderful, that; but for the times of enforced rest and prayer; you would be stirred to an emotional activity on the physical plane that defeats My ends.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Peace of God. - November 11

The Peace of God lies deeper than all knowledge of earth's wisest. In that quiet realm of the Spirit, where dwell all who are controlled by My Spirit, there can all secrets be revealed, all Hidden-Kingdom-Truths be shown and learned.

Live there, and Truth deeper than all ‘knowledge’, falsely so-called, shall be revealed to you.

Their lines are gone out into all the earth - so travels the influence, ever-widening, of those who live near to Me.

Take time to be with Me. Count all things but loss, so that you may have Me.

A Freeman

Superstar
Heaven's Music. - November 12

To glorify Me is to reflect, in praise, My character in your lives. To mount up with wings as eagles, higher and higher, to soar ever nearer to Me.

To praise Me is to sing, to let your hearts thrill. To glorify Me is to express exactly the same, but through the medium of your whole Beings, your whole lives. When I say, "Rejoice, Rejoice," I am training you to express this in your whole natures.

That is the Music of Heaven, the glorifying Me, through sanctified lives and devoted hearts of Love.

A Freeman

Superstar
A Lonely Road. - November 13

To Me each one of My children is an individual with varying characteristics and varying needs. To one and all, The Way to the Highest must be a lonely road, as far as human help and understanding are concerned.

None other can feel the same needs and desires, or explain the inner self in the same way. That is why man needs Divine Companionship. The Companionship that alone can understand each heart and need.

A Freeman

Superstar
Joy is Yours. - November 14

The future is not your concern, that is Mine. The past you have handed back to Me, and you have no right to dwell on that.

Only the present is My gift to you, and of that only each day as it comes. But, if, into that day you crowd past sorrows and resentments and failures, as well as the possible anxieties of the years that may be left to you here - what brain and spirit could bear that strain?

For this I never promised My Spirit and Comfort and Help.

A Freeman

Superstar
Sharing with Me. - November 15

Not by life's difficulties and trials are you trained and taught as much as by the times of withdrawal to be alone with Me.

Difficulties and trials alone are not remedial, are not of spiritual value.

That value is only gained by contact with Me. Joy shared with Me, or sorrow and difficulty shared with Me, both can prove of great spiritual value, but that is gained by the sharing with Me. Share all with Me.

Remember in true friendship sharing is mutual, so as you share with Me, do I in ever-increasing measure share with you - My Love; My Grace; My Joy; My Secrets; My Power. My Manifold Blessings.

A Freeman

Superstar
All are Worthy. - November 16

Treat all as those about whom I care.

You would visit the poor, the sick or those in prison, knowing full well I would see it as done unto Me.

I want you now to go still further along The Way of My Kingdom. You contact many who are not poor, not sick, not in prison.

They may be opposed to you. They may disregard much that you consider of value, they may not seem to need your help. Can you treat these, too, as you would wish to treat Me? They may be in need greater than the others you long to aid.

To you their aims may seem unworthy, their ‘Self’-seeking may antagonize you. When I said "Judge not," was I not including them too?

Can you limit My words to suit your own inclinations?

This is not an easy task I set you, but your way is The Way of Obedience. I did not suggest to My followers one they could take or not as they willed. My "Judge not" was imperative, and a new commandment I gave unto them that they should love.

For those who do not yet name Me Lord, Love is the only magnet that will draw them to Me.

Be true; be strong; be loving.