God at Eventide

A Freeman

Superstar
Out of the Unseen. - July 1

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

You do not yet see, nor will you see fully while you are on this earth, how faith, co-operating with Spiritual Power, actually calls into being that for which you hope.

Men speak of dreams come true. But know them as answered prayers; manifestations of Spirit Force in the Unseen. So trust boundlessly.

A Freeman

Superstar
Dangerous Power. - July 2

Do you not see how necessary is your learning the method of Spirit-attack. There must be a certain root-faith in Me, or you could not trust yourself to perfect surrender to Me. But there must come to those who walk all The Way with Me, a yielding of their wills and lives wholly to Me, or the greater faith that results would be a source of danger. It would drag you back to the material plane, instead of to Spiritual Heights.

For unless your will is wholly Mine, you will rely on this new God-given Power, and call into being that which is not for the furtherance of My Kingdom.

A Freeman

Superstar
Hiding in Thee. - July 3

Follow Me, and whether it be in the storm, or along the dusty highroad, or over the places of stones, or in the cool glade or the meadow, or by the waters of comfort, then, with Me, in each experience there will be a place of refuge.

At times you seem to follow afar off. Then weary with the burden and The Way, you stretch out a hand to touch the hem of My Garment.

Suddenly there is no dust, no weariness. You have found Me. My child, even if it seems unprofitable continue, your drudgery, whether it be of spiritual, mental or physical effort. Truly it serves its turn if it but leads you to seek help from Me.

A Freeman

Superstar
Break Free. - July 4

For by whom a man is overcome . . . he is the slave.

I cut the bonds of sin which bound you to evil. With loving Hands I replaced each with my cords of Love, which bound you to Me, your Lord.

The power of evil is subtle. A cut cord, a snapped cord, would awaken your slumbering conscience, but strand by strand, so carefully, with gentleness cunningly acquired, evil works until a cord is free. Even then the work is slow, but oh, so sure, until presently the old bond I severed is binding you to evil, strand by strand.

Snap off these returning fetters. Satan hath desired to have you that he may sift you as wheat. He works with an efficiency My servants would do well to copy. He has marked you as one who will increasingly bring souls to Me.

A Freeman

Superstar
My Family Circle. - July 5

For whosoever shall do the Will of My Father, he is My brother and sister and mother.

You see how everything depends on the necessity of doing the Will of My Father.

Here is the intimacy of a new relationship. The only condition of this is the doing of My Father's Will. Then at once, into the inner Family Circle there is admission.

The plain way of discipline is the way of knowing My Will. That is the first requisite to the doing of it.

My Will for each day can only be revealed as each day comes, and until one revelation has been lived out, how can you expect to be made aware of the next?

Awareness of My Will is only achieved by obedience to that Will as it is made clear, and when THAT Will has been obeyed the veil, hiding My next desire, is lifted.

A Freeman

Superstar
Listen Carefully. - July 6

My poor deaf world. What it misses in loving Words and Whispers.

I want to share so much with it. It will not listen.

"Wherefore do you spend money for that which is not bread and your labour for that which satisfieth not. Hearken diligently unto Me and eat that which is good and let your Soul delight itself . . ."

"He that willeth to do My Will - shall know."

Whose Voice would you hear? So many voices are about you that you may miss the Still Small Voice.

"This is My Beloved Son - Hear Him."

A Freeman

Superstar
Love's Growth. - July 7

Learn from Nature the profusion of her gifts.

As you daily realize more and more the generosity of the Divine Giver, learn increasingly to give.

Love grows by giving.

You cannot give bountifully without being filled with a sense of giving yourself with the gift, and you cannot so give without Love passing from you to the one who receives.

You are conscious, not of yourself as generous, but of the Divine Giver as bounteous beyond all human words to express.

So Love flows into you, with an intensity that is both humbling and exalting, as Love flows from you with your gift.

A Freeman

Superstar
Remember Me. - July 8

Give me a constant remembrance of Thee.

Ask what you will and it shall be done unto you. But only if the heart desires what the lips express. "The Lord looketh on the heart."

You will grow into the true attitude of remembrance of Me as you learn more and more to attribute all your blessings, all your guidance, to My increasing care: to the mind of your Master behind all, inspiring all, controlling all, the source of all your good.

A Freeman

Superstar
Upheld. - July 9

Go forward unafraid.

Face each difficulty, however great and seemingly unconquerable, as you go forward towards it.

The strength you will require from Me for that adventure into danger, as it may seem to you, will fortify you for its overcoming.

"Fear thou not, for I am with thee,

"Be not afraid, for I am thy God.

"I will strengthen thee, I will help thee,

"Yea, I will uphold thee with the right arm of My Righteousness."

A Freeman

Superstar
Your Heart is Fixed. - July 10

Still go forward unafraid. The way will open as you go.

It is fear that blocks My Way for you. Have no fear. Know that all is well.

No circumstances, no outward changes, can harm you in any way. Each should prove a step of progress, as long as your hearts are fixed, "trusting in the Lord."

I know no change.

A Freeman

Superstar
More Doors will Open. - July 11

Go on in faith and trust. The Way opens as you go.

In the Jedi Life doors swing open as you come to them, if so be that you have advanced to them along the straight path of obedience.

As you started your journey, what would it have profited had you worried about the closed door ahead?

In the Spirit-Life miracle-working Power operates through natural human channels. As you have seen.

So this is the continuing lesson: Go steadily forward in firm trust along the path of quiet obedience.

That is your work. Mine to cause the doors to swing open, as you come to them, not before.

How often have I opened those doors for you in the past? More will open. So trust, so hope, so love.

A Freeman

Superstar
Your Order of Merit. - July 12

Grace is the distinctive mark I set upon My friends. It is no order of merit. It is the result of living with Me. It is even unobserved by those on whom I bestow it, but to those they meet who have eyes to see, it is apparent just as during My time on earth it was said, "They took knowledge of them that they had been with Jesus."

It may be the sign of My sustaining Power within a life. It may be the quiet strength of poise, the mark of self-conquest, some faint reflection of My character, or a mystic scent of the soul unfolding to My Love.

A Freeman

Superstar
Harmonize. - July 13

Grow daily, ever more and more, into My likeness. Do My Will as revealed to you, and leave the result to Me. If you are but My representative, then why concern yourself as to whether the action I have arranged for you is wise or not?

If your control of mind and body is not as progressive as that of your spirit, it is a hindrance. See to this. The three must work in unison; otherwise disharmony.

Beautiful though one instrument may be in an orchestra, with a beauty beyond that of any other, yet should it play its part ahead of those others, disharmony results; and so with you a sense of frustration and failure follows disharmony within.

A Freeman

Superstar
Home of Creation. - July 14

Have no fear. Wonders are unfolding ever more and more. You will be guided in all as you dwell in the Secret Place of the Most High.

Remember in that Secret Place was thought out all the wonders of the Universe. There all your wonder plans will be evolved. It is the home of Creation, and there you, too, share in Creative Power.

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
Home of Joy. - July 15

Heart speaks to heart as you wait before Me. Love enkindles Love.

The air you breathe is Divine, Life-giving, invigorating.

The place in which you rest is My Secret Place.

You do not come to ask Me of doctrine.

That is, as it were, the foundation of your Spiritual being; necessary, but once secure, you seek to fashion, with Me, its beautiful superstructure - the home of Peace and Joy where I come and commune with you.

A Freeman

Superstar
Confidences. - July 16

Help is always yours.

It comes so swiftly when you realize that you are insufficient to supply your need. But it comes the more potently as you grow to see that for each need the supply was already provided.

My followers so often act as if My supply came into being only through prayer for help.

Would any man in authority act thus in his business?

Learn of Me. I will teach you lovingly, patiently. My lessons are not of the schoolroom; they are fireside confidences.

A Freeman

Superstar
Foretaste of Heaven. - July 17

I thank Thee, Lord, for the Joy Thou givest me and for Thy tender care of me.

Grow ever more and more conscious of this. Look upon all as under My Influence, and life will become increasingly full of Joy. This Joy no man taketh from you.

This is the foretaste of Heaven that will make your passing seem no death, and will mean that your spirit will be no stranger in the home of spirits but will be breathing an atmosphere familiar and dear.

A Freeman

Superstar
Meek and Lowly. - July 18

As the world's great Teacher I taught not so much by word as by the Living Word.

"Learn of Me" I said, adding that men should see in Me meekness . . . and lowliness.

So that My disciples should take Me as their great example, I epitomised My attitude towards My Father in Heaven and towards His other Children as "Meek and lowly."

Towards God the Father the meekness of a yielded will; towards His other children lowliness, devoid of the pride that sunders men, and prevents their humble approach to God.

"Learn of Me - I am meek and lowly in heart." So do you find rest unto your souls.

A Freeman

Superstar
Wayside Meetings. - July 19

I use such simple things and casual moments to reveal Myself to man. He can meet Me in the common ways of life - if he has but eyes to see and ears to hear.

No great sign, nothing spectacular. In the seemingly incidental along the road of life I meet with him and reveal My Will, My Purpose, My Guidance.

No miles to walk, no long journey to travel, no strange language to learn, no state of ecstasy to be experienced first. Think on these things. Recall our many meetings by the wayside.

A Freeman

Superstar
I Will Heal You. - July 20

Do not recognize your illness. Each time you speak of it to others you stabilize it.

Ignore it as much as you can. Think more of Me, the Great Healer. Dwelling with Me you become whole.

Even My most faithful followers often err in not claiming of Me healing and perfection for every part of their Being.

But to claim physical healing alone is a sign of living too much on the physical plane, and My Healing is of the Spirit (Mal. 4).

Claim healing of spirit, mind and body. Then shall you, regardless of age, know wholeness.