God at Eventide

Alanantic

Star
Just in case any newbies read this:
A.Freeman is disciple of Jahtruth, the cult leader called John Anthony Hill or Anthony John Hill. He was shown many times by myself and other Christians in the past what a fruitloop JAHtruth was, but he is determined to remain a follower. JAH convinced himself he was Jesus reincarnated, and blended the bible and the (incompatible theologically) Quran with British Israelism and a touch of UFOlogy.

A.Freeman is quoting from a book done via automatic writing. The wording is very similar in style to a long diary of messages delivered at a spiritist meetings done over several years. (YES, I really was stupid enough to skim through this type of book, now over a decade ago. I have repented of doing this as well.)
The husband was trying to contact his dead wife. The message channelled quickly changed from generalised waffle about Heaven and loved ones, to pseudo-Christian ramblings that got progressively darker and darker.
Words and phrases like "channel" and "the other side" were never used by Jesus or the apostles. Jesus never spoke in generalities or romantic-mystic sounding language either. Jesus' messages were clearer than noonday sun. 'God calling' and similar books are as clear as mud.

Proof of source:
April 16 https://www.twolisteners.org/?p=8093
Proof: https://www.johnhuntpublishing.com/circle-books/authors/a-j-russell

Proof of anti-Christian background:
Thanks for the heads up. For a while there I thought "A Freeman" might've mistook his ego for God. Hey, I'll read anything that might be a source for Truth. So, spew ahead Freeman, I'll let you know if I think it makes sense or not, for what that's worth.

A Freeman

Superstar
"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act".
-- George Orwell

When someone launches a personal (ad hominem) attack instead of addressing the content of what is being discussed, it provides everyone with irrefutable proof that individual is sick, i.e. incapable of rational, logical thought. Nothing someone like that says can be trusted (James 1:8).

For those new to the forum who may be reading this thread, "God Calling" and its companion daily devotional book "God at Eventide" were first published in 1935 by "Two Listeners", which were two British women who chose to remain anonymous rather than try to take credit for the message God sent to them.

The daily, inspirational messages contained in these two volumes is in perfect harmony with the Scripture, as can be readily seen. Both volumes frequently refer to the daily destruction/crucifixion of the "self" (ego -- the source of all arrogance and ignorance), which is likewise found throughout Scripture, in both the Bible and the Koran (Quran).

Reference: Matt. 10:38, Mark 8:34, Luke 9:23, Luke 14:26-27, Gal. 2:20, Sura 6:162, Sura 92:18-21.

The daily crucifixion of the "self" (which is controlled by Lucifer/Satan/Iblis, the evil one/devil/liar) is also referenced in Eastern religious texts, e.g. the Bhagavad Gita (e.g. 2:60, 3:10, 4:25, 8:28, 9:27, 12:9-13, 15:10, 16:1, 17:23 and 18:66, to cite a few examples). The Bhagavad Gita correctly instructs everyone to abandon all varieties of organized religions, which are the REAL cults (cultural beliefs/traditions of men), that make the COMMANDMENTS of God (found only in the first five books of the Bible) of no effect.

From the Bhagavad Gita:
18:66 ABANDON ALL VARIETIES OF RELIGION (Enoch 104:8, Jer. 23:1-6, Ezek. 34:1-10, 23, Matt. 6:5-8, Matt. 7:21-27, Acts 7:48, Acts 17:24, Rev. 2:20-23, Rev. 18:4, Sura 7:55, Sura 9:107-111) and just surrender unto Me (Matt. 23:8-10, Luke 9:23, John 10:7-11, 1 Tim. 2:5, Heb. 6:20, Sura 3:45-55, Sura 43:61). I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction (John 1:29, Rev. 1:5). Do not fear (1 John 4:18).
18:67 This confidential knowledge may not be explained to those who are not austere, or devoted, or engaged in devotional service (Luke 10:21), nor to one who is envious of Me (Matt. 7:6).

It is organized religions that are incompatible with each other (and meant to divide and conquer), NOT the Scripture (The Word of God), which is always consistent with itself, when properly translated and understood (Enoch 104:9-11, John 10:35, Sura 39:23).

Matthew 15:3, 7-9
15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the COMMANDment of God by your Tradition?

15:7 [Ye] hypocrites, well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying,
15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with [their] lips; but their heart is FAR from me.
15:9 But in vain they do worship Me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men (man-made laws/legislation).

It is only through the destruction of the "self" and of the organized religious superstitions that feed it and make it believe it knows better than our Creator, that it is possible to free ourselves of all cults/man-made traditions, so that we may see and truly grasp our Creator's Message, which is found everywhere. In a flower, in the trusting smile of a child, in the helping hand of a friend, in our true history (recorded in Scripture), in our daily lives, and in the devotionals "God Calling" and "God at Eventide", which has been read and appreciated by millions of awakened souls.

Christ came to teach us and show us by example how to destroy the "self" (ego) DAILY, and was freeing people from organized religion when He was here before, in the body of Jesus, just as He is doing now, while here in the body of JAH. It is one of the many marks by which we may know Christ during His Second Coming. What could be of more importance to any genuine truth-seeker during these end-times, regardless of how it may be mocked by a world filled with liars and unbelievers?

The Truth is Out There. And in here too.

Peace be upon you.

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
Thanks for the heads up. For a while there I thought "A Freeman" might've mistook his ego for God. Hey, I'll read anything that might be a source for Truth. So, spew ahead Freeman, I'll let you know if I think it makes sense or not, for what that's worth.
Just as long as you are now aware that the book ''God Calling" is at the very least not considered to be a Christian one... mission accomplished.

A Freeman

Superstar
A few of Christ's many warning to "Christians", all of whom have been misguided by their evil organized religion and its priests, pastors, leaders, etc.:

Matthew 7:13-14
7:13 Enter ye in at the "Strait" gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and MANY there be which go in thereat:
7:14 Because Strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] The Way, which leadeth unto Life, and FEW there be that find it.

Matthew 7:21-27
7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into The Kingdom of heaven; ONLY he that doeth the Will of my Father which is in heaven.
7:22 Many will say to me in That Day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work inequity.
7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and DOETH THEM, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a Rock (the Truth):
7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a Rock (the Truth).
7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them NOT, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Revelation 7:4-9
7:4 And I HEARD the number of them which were sealed: [and there were] sealed an hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
7:5 Of the tribe of Judah [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad [were] sealed twelve thousand.
7:6 Of the tribe of Asher [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Naphtali [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasseh [were] sealed twelve thousand.
7:7 Of the tribe of Simeon [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar [were] sealed twelve thousand.
7:8 Of the tribe of Zebulun [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph/Ephraim [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin [were] sealed twelve thousand.
7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could count (which is why he was told in verse 4), of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the Throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Revelation 14:1-4
14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the Mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty [and] four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many "waters", and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
14:3 And they sung as it were a New Song (Isaiah 42:10) before the Throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that "Song" except the hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand, which were redeemed from the Earth.
14:4 These are they which were not corrupted by women; for they are pure. These are they which follow the Lamb wheresoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, [being] the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb (obeying God NOT women).

Please note well: NO "CHRISTIANS" WILL BE AMONG THE 144,000 WHICH WILL BE REDEEMED FROM THE EARTH ACCORDING TO CHRIST, which is why He warned everyone to come out of so-called Christianity, and all other organized religions -- with their made-up cultural beliefs and traditions -- or burn.

Revelation 18:4-5
18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT of her, MY people, that ye take not part in her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues (punishment).
18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her inequities.

Alanantic

Star
Just as long as you are now aware that the book ''God Calling" is at the very least not considered to be a Christian one... mission accomplished.
Absolutely no problem. Raised a Christian, left the church in the 70s. Never looked back.

A Freeman

Superstar
God's Mosaic. - April 18

Life is a journey. The choice as to who shall be your conductor is your own. Once that choice is made, and you feel you have placed yourself in wise Hands, do not spoil your journey by frustrating the plans made for your comfort and happiness.

Rest content with the plans I have made for you. No detail has been too small for My loving consideration. Know that your lives are being truly God-conducted, and so will bring you the greatest happiness and success.

The greater the trust you repose in Me, the wider will be My scope for the plans I have made for you.

Life is a mosaic planned by God. Each God-directed thought, impulse, and action of yours is necessary to the carrying out of the perfect design.

That design is of exquisite workmanship.

A Freeman

Superstar
Love-Controlled. - April 19

Live in My Love.

Return to Me ever for refilling, that your soul may breathe in, and breathe out, Love, as your lungs breathe in and breathe out, air.
There is nothing in you that creates Love, so how can you give it out unless you are receiving it?

All service, to be truly effective and of permanent value, must be wrought in Love. Where Love is, 'Self' cannot hold sway, and 'Self' nullifies the good in service.

See Me and My thought for you in all your daily life; so, conscious of My Love, you will absorb that Love, until it permeates your whole being, and inspires and illumines all you do and say.

A Freeman

Superstar
"How Oft in the Conflict. - April 21

Lord, bid me come to Thee upon the waters.

"Come."

All that I did when on earth I do to-day in the Spirit-realm.

My servant Paul realized this Truth when he spoke of Me as the same yesterday, to-day, and for ever.

When the faintest fear of all that lies before you disturbs you, when you are conscious of the loss of Spirit-buoyancy, then you are looking at the waves and feeling the wind is contrary.

Then you cry, "Lord, save me, I perish."

And My Hand will be outstretched to save you, as it saved My fearful, doubting Peter.

A Freeman

Superstar
LIGHT COMES. - 1948 - April 22

"Lord, show me Thyself" is a cry that never goes unanswered.

Not to physical vision comes the awareness, but to spiritual insight, as more and more you realize My Love, My Power and the manifold wonders of My character.

Its Humility; its Majesty; its Tenderness; its Sternness; its Justice; its Mercy; its Healing of sore wounds, and its consuming Fire.

Man turns to books, he studies theology, he seeks from other men the answer to life's riddles, but he does not come to Me.
Is there a problem?

Do not worry over its solution.

Seek Me. Live with Me. Talk to Me. Company with Me, daily, hourly. Lo, suddenly you see.

A Freeman

Superstar
Words of Life. - April 23

Lord Thy Word abideth and our footsteps guideth.

Treasure My Words in your heart. They will meet your need to-day as surely as they met the needs of those to whom I spoke them when I was on earth for they were not spoken in time but in Eternity.

If My gift to man is Eternal Life, then the words inspired by that Life are eternal, appropriate to your needs to-day as they were then.

But the words and the guidance are not for all. They are for those who ACCEPT MY great gift of Eternal Life.

"And this is Life Eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Christ Jesus, whom Thou has sent."

A Freeman

Superstar
"Lord Use Me, I Beseech Thee." - April 24

I will use you as you eliminate 'Self' and offer Me a consecrated personality, made in My Image.

There can be no limit to My power to use one such. Nothing is impossible to Me. My Love is limitless, My Tenderness is limitless, My Understanding is limitless.

Every attribute of the Godhead is complete, inexhaustible, in a way you can only dimly see.

A Freeman

Superstar
Your Limitations. - April 25

The words I give you mark steps in Spiritual Progress.

There can be no limit to the Spirit Power you may possess as 'Self' is turned out and My Will welcomed.

But to those who yield themselves wholly to Me there are limitations as far as the material is concerned, as only what will assist Spiritual growth or manifestation is for these. Yet all your needs will be supplied.

A Freeman

Superstar
Vain Toil. - April 26

Master we have toiled all night and have taken nothing.

There will be nights of wearied anguish, when you toil and catch nothing.

There will be mornings of rapture when the result of your prayers and longings will be so great as to bring you to your knees with a humility born of a wonder of fulfillment - "the nets brake."

Share the loneliness with Me - the weariness, the dreariness, all with Me, as I share all with you.

A Freeman

Superstar
Welcome Them. - April 27

More and more I shall send into your life those whom you shall help. Have no fear. Do not doubt your wisdom to deal with them. It is My Wisdom that will help them, not any wisdom of yours.

Shower Love on all. Nothing will be too much that you can do for others. Delight in My Word, in My Love.

As you grow more conscious of that Love you will feel more and more the responsibility laid upon you to make that Great Love of My aching Heart known to those for whom I died, and for whom I ever live to make intercession.

A Freeman

Superstar
Overshadowing Wings. - April 28

My child you are tired with the burden and heat of the day.

Stay awhile and know that I abide with you, and know that I speak Peace unto your soul.

Dread nothing, fear nothing. Know that all is well. The day is far spent. The toil has been long, but evening rest with Me is sweet.

The gathering gloom of night will be to your heart but the overshadowing wings of the Eternal God.

Deep in your heart you feel the striving of wonderful Truths. Faint sense of the Glory to be revealed.

A Freeman

Superstar
No Message, But - - April 29

My child, wait before Me.

You may receive no message, but in this waiting time, even if you are not conscious of being taught, you are being changed.

The eye of your soul will be focused upon Me and the insight gained will be calming, remedial, strengthening.

A Freeman

Superstar
My First Missionary. - April 30

My denunciations were for the self-satisfied.

For the sinner, who felt his failure and weakness, I had the tenderest pity. "Go, and sin no more," was My Word to the woman taken in adultery.

But what a Word of hope that was, revealing as it did the assurance that I trusted her not to fall into sin again. That I deemed her capable of a new life.

The Samaritan woman at Sychar's well I trusted with a secret that even My disciples had not shared fully with Me. She was one of My first missionaries.

I recognized the wealth of love in the offering of the woman who was a sinner. There was no public denunciation of her sin, no repulse of her love.

A Freeman

Superstar
Bounteous Giving. - May 1

Not what you can gain in any situation, but what you can give must be your question. You follow Me, of Whom it was said, "Even Christ pleased not Himself." So love, so help, so serve.

Seek the weak and wandering. Care for all.

Realize My overflowing and overwhelming Bounty. The stores of the Lord are inexhaustible. But to test and prove My generosity fully you must be generous.

My lovers give with no niggard hands. A heart overflowing with gratitude for what it has received expands joyous gratitude in giving.

A Freeman

Superstar
Peace Unto Your Souls. - May 2

Peace I leave with you, My Peace give I unto you.

I knew that only in Peace could My work be done. Only in Peace could My followers help souls to Me. At all costs keep that Peace. If your heart-peace is unruffled, then every thought is a mighty force for ME. Then every act is one of power.

Rely on My leading. Nothing is impossible to Me.

Unlimited expectancy yours. Unlimited power Mine.

A Freeman

Superstar
Useless Activity. - May 3

Preparation-time is so neglected by My followers. Consequently there is lack of power in work for Me.

To alter the laws of a country is no real remedy for ill. Men's hearts must be altered by contact with Me.

Remember the lessons I have taught you about useless activity. When most work cries out to be done, then it is truly the time - not to rush, but to Commune with Me and My Father.

Never feel strong in yourself. Know that only in My Strength can you accomplish all. No mountain of difficulty can then be insurmountable or immovable.