God at Eventide

A Freeman

Superstar
The Aching Spirit. - February 5

Just as I said that those who hungered and thirsted after righteousness would be filled, so I say to you - none ever longed to know Me better and remained unsatisfied. Even with your imperfect knowledge, you are daily realizing how true this is.

Man dwells so much on material things that he fails to grasp the Spiritual Laws that never fail.

For all spirit-longing there is fulfillment. I soothe the aching spirit.

You think I answer your prayer. Yes, but the answer was there, awaiting the prayer.

You will see these simple Truths more and more as you live with Me; truths hidden from the wise but revealed to the little ones of the Kingdom.

A Freeman

Superstar
True Humility. - February 6

If I, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet, you ought also to wash one another's feet.

How My followers have misunderstood this. They interpret the required attitude to be one of service. In service there can be condescension, there can be a total lack of humility.

I sought to teach a lesson to those who would approach Me to partake of that wonderful Union with Me, vouchsafed to those who worthily eat of My Flesh and drink of My Blood.

I desired to teach them that they must come to Me in the Spirit of humility towards others. No sense of superiority, especially Spiritual superiority. True humility. Learn this lesson in daily Companionship with Me. "For I am meek and lowly in heart."

A Freeman

Superstar
The Way of Progress. - February 7

Impress upon all that growth is one of the Laws of My Kingdom.

However long your span of life on earth, it can never be too long for growth and progress.

Be ever seeking My Will for you. Not a new religion, nor the right religion, but - My Will. Then all will be well and growth will follow.

A Freeman

Superstar
Future All Unknown. - February 8

Probe not into the future. Prophecies are not for you. Be a humble follower in the crowd. Live with Me. Ponder My Words, My Teaching, My Actions.

Soon you will find that more and more opportunities of speaking of Me will present themselves. Do not make them. They will proceed from the pressure of inward growth, and not from outward stress.

A Freeman

Superstar
All Will Be Well. - February 9

In humble anticipation - wait.

Wait as a servant anticipating orders. Wait as a lover eager to note a need, and to supply it.

Wait for My commands; wait for My Guidance; wait for My supply. All will come.

In such a life you may well be of good cheer. Can a life be dull when always there is that watchful expectancy, anticipation of glad surprise, that wonder of fulfillment, that Joy of full supply?

A Freeman

Superstar
Your Power. - February 10

In your hands I have placed a wonderful force against evil. You cannot realize as yet the mighty weapon you wield.

Make known the Power of Prayer. A force so wonderful, so miracle-working, that when it is united with a will that seeks only My Will and with a Friendship with Me that calms, ennobles and enriches, then nothing can withstand its Power.

A Freeman

Superstar
No Remorse. - February 11

I seek to save you not only from falling into sin, but from the overwhelming remorse that follows the realization of sin.

I know that for frail man this is too great a burden. So when you let it overwhelm you, you nullify My saving Power.

I seek to save you from oppression and depression too. I bid you leave all to follow Me. That is, leave the sins and the failures of the past.
Out of the shadow into the sunlight of My Love and Salvation you must go.

A Freeman

Superstar
See Me Everywhere Still. - February 12

See Me in all your daily life.

See Me in the little happenings. Recognize me as the source of every act of kindness and Love.

Feel My Power with you when you face any task or danger. Know My consoling tenderness in every sorrow and disappointment.

I, the Master-Painter, can work into the picture colours of beauty, until you see the befitting background for the joy and ecstasy of the radiance I give.

A Freeman

Superstar
Ever Secure. - February 13

Abide secure in My Friendship.

A Friend who knows you through and through; knows all your pitiful attempts at living for Me, your many and tragic failures, your childish misunderstanding of Me and what I would do for you.

Your desire to serve Me, your clinging to Me in the dark hours of helplessness; your stumbling confidence in your efforts to walk alone - I know all.

I have seen your persistent blindness to My guidance; I have seen how you obstruct the answers to your own prayers; I have noted your easy acquiescence to those forces that oppose My loving purposes.

I know all this, and yet I say again: Abide with Me secure in My friendship.

A Freeman

Superstar
Thanks for All. - February 14

Thank Me for all the withholding as well as for the giving. Thank Me for sunshine and rain, for drought and springs of water, for sleep and wakefulness, for gain and loss. Thank Me for all.

Know beyond all doubt, all fear, that all is well. Cling to Me in moments of weakness. Cling still in moments of strength, imploring that you may never feel 'Self'-sufficient.

No evil shall befall you, rest in this knowledge.

A Freeman

Superstar
Green Pastures. - February 15

After each salutary experience of life, each blow it may deal you, separate yourself from the world for a time. Walk in My Green Pastures, and wander with Me beside the Waters of Comfort, until your soul is restored.

This is necessary so that you may readjust yourself to life. For you are a new Being; you have had a new experience. Learn a new lesson. Your Union with Me will be the closer for your experience.

This is the time when My Love can whisper new meanings to you, can make the Friendship between us a closer, more holy Union.

Come with your Lover into the stillness of My Green Pastures, and walk with Me beside hushed waters.

A Freeman

Superstar
He Changeth Not. - February 16

Mark My Changelessness.

If I am truly the same, yesterday, to-day, and for ever, then I am no God of moods as so often man portrays Me. Can you worship a God swayed this way and that at man's demand?

Dwell upon the thought of My Changelessness until you grasp the Truth that only as man changes and comes within the influence of My unchanging Law of Love can he realize and experience the Power and Love I have unchangingly for all mankind.

A Freeman

Superstar
Practise Peace. - February 17

Peace must fill your hearts and lives, and then you will find that ills and difficulties and sorrows and changes leave you unmoved.

Practise that steadfast immobility, no matter what may threaten.

This spirit of calm trust is the shield that turns aside the fiery-darts and stings of adversity. Practise it.

Then you must seek to abide at the heart of the Universe with Me, at the centre with Me. There alone is changlessness and calm, WITH ME.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Perfect Pattern. - February 18

See that thou make all things according to the pattern that was shown thee on the Mount.

Otherwise it would have been better not to have gone up the Mount at all? Take this lesson to heart. In your daily valley-life you must live out what you learn in the alone-time on heights with Me.

The Spirit-pattern is so glorious because it is made to fit your life, specially planned for you.

Obeying the command made Moses the good leader he became. This is the time, then, humbly to see your weakness, to adjust your life to the work of My Kingdom, to prepare to live in all things according to the pattern that was shown you on the Mount.

A Freeman

Superstar
Youth Renewed. - February 19

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.

To discover the Pearl of Great Price is to renew your youth.

The Kingdom of Heaven is a kingdom of perennial youth.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Secret of Joy. - February 20

Such rapture is yours. Count it all Joy to know Me, and to delight in Me. The secret of Joy is the longing to have My Will, and gratification of that longing.

There is nothing in Heaven that transcends the Joy, the ecstasy, of loving and doing My Will. To a soul who realizes this wonder, Heaven is already attained, as far as mortal here can attain it. My Will for you is My joyous arranging for you.

The frustration of the Divine Plan is man's tragedy.

A Freeman

Superstar
Wise as Serpents. - February 21

Each servant of Mine should regard himself as an outpost for My Truths, where he must be prepared to receive My Messages, and to signal them on. This is work of great importance in My Kingdom.

Wherever you go make Me known. That was My Risen injunction, My Commission. Wherever you go establish outposts of My Empire, make contacts for Me. Make Me known to men - sometimes by speech, sometimes in silence.

A Freeman

Superstar
Wonder-Work. - February 22

All work with Me is wonder-work. God working in and through man. This should be the normal work of every Christian's day. For this I came to earth, to show man this could be.

For this I left the earth, so that this should be. Can life offer anything more for you than that you fulfil in yourselves My expectations for My disciples?

Satan frustrates My plan by whispering to My followers a mock humility, in which they trace not his evil hand - "They are too weak, too small, too unimportant to do much . . ."

Away with false humility, which limits not you but Me. Mine is the Power.

A Freeman

Superstar
Conquering and to Conquer. - February 23

Always seek some conquest, for spiritual growth requires it. In the natural world you see how necessary this striving is, and in the mental and spiritual worlds there must be struggle too.

So, as you go forward in your spiritual life, you will see always a fresh conquest demanding your effort.

Shun stagnation. Never be discouraged if always you see some fault requiring to be overcome, some obstacle to be surmounted.

Thus you go forth with Me conquering and to conquer.

A Freeman

Superstar
Always Antagonism. - February 24

And He passing through the midst of them.

Face evil undaunted, and it will fall back, and let you pass on and do your work for Me.

The maddened crowd had sought to cast Me headlong, but they made way for Me, and through their midst I passed unhindered.

Do not be surprised to find antagonism where you meet evil, because you are a home of My Spirit, and it is My Spirit that arouses the antagonism. Go on your way so, quietly, and trust in Me.

In My Strength My follower need not flinch, but, boldly facing evil, will overcome evil with good.

You follow the dauntless Christ.