God at Eventide

A Freeman

Superstar
When Evil Smiles. - December 27

Remember that the forces of evil are always ranged against you. They know the power you can become as a channel for God-Power (The Force).

I had to conquer them in the wilderness before My Life of Healing and Helpfulness could be all-powerful.

Not by great falls but by little stumbles does evil seek the downfall of My friends. Your Mountain of Transfiguration can only come after your conquest in the wilderness. Temptations at which your whole nature would shudder are no temptation for you.

Beware the smiling face of evil, its seeming innocence, its hand of feigned friendliness. Walk the path I trod.

A Freeman

Superstar
Still Seek Me. - December 28

Softly I speak to the tired and the distressed, yet in My quiet Voice there is healing and strength.

A healing for the sores and sickness of spirit, mind and body, and a bracing strength that bids those who come to Me rise to battle for Me and My Kingdom.

Search until you find Me, not merely the Truth about Me. None ever sought Me in vain.

A Freeman

Superstar
Safe at the Last. - December 29

Safe amid storms, calm amid a world-unrest, certain amid insecurity. Safely through the year.

The only safe way is the sure way of Divine Guidance. Not the advice of others, not the urgings of your own hearts and wills. Just My Guidance.

Think more of its wonder. Dwell more on its rest. Know that you are safe, secure.

A Freeman

Superstar
Sensitive to Me. - December 30

So silently I teach, and that silent teaching depends upon your approach.

Let every discipline; every joy; every difficulty; every fresh interest serve to draw you nearer, serve to render you more receptive to my word, serve to make you more sensitive, more spiritually aware.

It is this sensitiveness that is the prelude to the joy I give you. The sweetest harmony can be played on a strong but sensitive instrument.
Those who fail to hear think Me far off. I am ever ready to speak but they have missed the power of discipline, the wonder of Communion with Me.

A Freeman

Superstar
New Year's Eve. - December 31

Bring to Me this eventide the past year with its sins, its failures, its lost opportunities.

Leave that past with Me, your Saviour to-day as ever, and go into the New Year forgiven, unladen, free.

Bring to Me your youth or age, your powers, your love - and I, as your God-guide through the year to come, will bring My agelessness, My powers, My love.

So shall we share the burdens and the joys, and the work of the days that lie ahead.

ALL BLESSINGS FOR THE NEW YEAR​

A Freeman

Superstar
All is Ready. - January 1

Write for all things are now ready.

The world is waiting for My Message of Love, and Hope and Cheer. The very unrest of spirit is a sign. The turning from the husk of organised religion is a sign.

Man is no longer lulled by empty phrases and promises of a better life hereafter. He must know Me before he would wish to spend Eternity with Me. He must know Me here in the storm where he needs strength and rest.

He has been sleeping; now he has been shocked awake. Now he must find Me or fling defiance at Me or school himself into a denial, or indifference.

Reason and argument avail little. Only by the lives of My followers can man be helped; only by seeing Mine unmoved, at peace, joyful, in a world of sorrow, disillusionment and mistrust.

Your denial to-day will not be, "I know not the man." The world is indifferent as to whether you profess Me or not. No, it will be your failure to present Me in your life as I am - vital, sustaining, spirit-renewing, your All.

A Freeman

Superstar
Your Resolutions. - January 2

It is in union with Me that you receive strength to carry out your good resolutions.

Contact with Me brings power for the work I wish you to do, that work for which I know you to be most suited and which you only can do, and do so well.

It is in contact with Me that you are endued with the Grace that I alone can give, enabling you to minister acceptably to those to whom I send you, and those whom I bring to you.

Even among the distractions and manifold interests of the world - live in My Presence, yet daily withdraw yourself to be alone with Me.

A Freeman

Superstar
Mutual Need. - January 3

Abide in Me and I in you.

This year dwell much upon this stupendous Truth. You need to abide in Me this year to share in the Spirit-Life of the Universe, in its creative power and energy. Thus you are a part in God's whole.

But I must abide in you, for only so can I express My Love and Power and Truth through you interpreting them in deed, and look, and word.

In these words of Mine you have My two-fold nature.

The Strong Protector! so Strong to shield; and offering you, My guest, all provision you need.

And then you have Me in My Humility, one with you, your close Companion, dwelling in you, and dependent on you. Think on these things.

A Freeman

Superstar
Your Mandate. - January 4

Here in this evening hour I draw near to you - and listen. Tell Me of the Peace you know in Me; of the tender confidence in Me that has brought Peace and Safety into your life.

To-morrow you will go back into the world with My message of Eternal Life. Truths that you are only just beginning fully to grasp, that are bringing you Vision and Joy, you will pass to others, that they may be saved the wasted years that lie behind you. Turn to them as you would to one following you along a dangerous road and warn them against the pitfalls in their way.

Point out to them the beauties of The Way, the sunlit hills ahead, the sunset glories, the streams and flowers of My peaceful glades.
Direct their attention from earth's allures or mirages to Me, your Companion of The Way. Tell them of your Joy in Me. That is your mandate from High Heaven.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Healing Hour. - January 5

As yet you can only dimly see what this evening-time will mean for you.

For a while you shed earth's cares and frets, and know the uplift of soul that comes through planned Communion with Me.

You are renewed, and that renewing is your safeguard from mental and spiritual disintegration.

In this brief time you taste, in contact with Me, something of My Resurrection Life. It is the glorified Christ you know and to know Him is to partake too of His Risen Life.

Thus health, physical, mental and spiritual, comes to you and flows through and from you.

A Freeman

Superstar
Land of Promise. - January 6

Imagine the Hope of My Heart that day on the mountain-side when I told My followers that to no throne of earth I led them; old forms and negations that had meant so much in the past were to be swept away; motives and impulses were to be all-important.

By the thoughts of his heart was a man to be judged. Prayer was like a son appealing to a father. Love was to be the foundation, the Golden Rule. Tribal, even racial, distinctions were to be ignored and claims of the whole great family of God were to be met.

To such heights as they had never before scaled I led them, up to Peak-truths they had thought unscalable.

What hopes I had of them as their wonder turned to Vision and they responded to My Message.

What hopes I have to-day of each of you My Followers as you catch sight of your Land of Promise ahead.

A Freeman

Superstar
Cleansing Light. - January 7

I am the True Light that cometh into the world, and men love darkness rather than Light, because their deeds are evil.

Truly not all men desire My Light. Not all men would welcome its clear shining.

Many shrink from its revelation, preferring the darkness that would hide their deeds, rather than the remorseless Light that would show the evil of which they are ashamed.

Pray for Light, rejoice to have it, welcome its revelation, and so, when in your lives it has done its searching, cleansing work, then bear it yourselves gladly, triumphantly, out into a world that needs so sorely the Light of the World.

A Freeman

Superstar
Ways of Witness. - January 8

I call upon you to make Me known -

.....By your unfailing trust in Me

.....By your joy, unrepressed by the difficulties of the way.

.....By your tender concern for the weak and the wandering.

.....By your acceptance of My Gift of Eternal Life.

.....By your growth in Spiritual development, proof of that Inner life, which alone can engender it.

Make Me known, more and more, by your serenity, by unflinching adherence to Truth.

Make Me known by My Spirit within and round you, your conduct and speech ever bearing witness to the Power and the Wonder of My Presence

So shall all men know that you are My disciple, and that your claim is never for the recognition of the 'Self' - but for Me, the Christ-in-you.

A Freeman

Superstar
A Love-Home. - January 9

Hush earth's desires that you miss not My Footfall.

It brings the strength of a warrior, and the eagerness of a Lover.

Let your heart thrill with the glad, "He comes." Forsake all thought but the thought of Me as I enter. Soul-rest and heart-comfort I bring. Forget all else.

Let Me lift the burden from your shoulders, My burden, borne for you. Here in quiet, we will rest, while you are reinvigorated.

Poor dwelling, you feel, for the King of kings. Yet I see your Home of Love as Love has made it. I come from locked doors, where youth is trying to live without Me; where old age, ever refusing to answer My pleading and knocking, now hears Me no more, and sits silent and alone.

Comfort Me, My children. Make of your hearts a Love-Home for the Man of Sorrows, still so often despised and rejected of men. Yet I would turn their sorrow into joy.

A Freeman

Superstar
How Self Dies. - January 10

Hush your spirit still more in My Presence. Self dies, not by human combat, not necessarily by supplicatory prayer, but by the consciousness of My Presence, and of My Spirit-values. Thus 'Self' shrivels into lifelessness, into nothingness.

It is so necessary to dwell with Me, to draw so close to Me, to draw so close to Me in an understanding as complete as it is possible for man to realize.

Do you not see now the need for the training and discipline I have enjoined on you? They are vital in that they attune your Being to the consciousness of My Mind and Purpose. When this Mind is in you that is in Me you are able to penetrate the outer courts of the Temple, and in the very Holy of Holies to grasp the meaning that lay behind all I said and did and was.

Sacrifice all for this. Your work has to be inspired. Where can you find inspiration but in My Presence?

A Freeman

Superstar
YOUR Good News. - January 11

"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those who bring glad tidings . . . that publish Peace." When you are weary think that yours are the feet of those who bring glad tidings.

This will rob your steps of weariness, will give a Joy and a spring to your walk.

"Bringeth glad tidings. Publisheth Peace." What a joyful mission. One of gladness and Peace. Never forget this, and the Joy of your message and mission will radiate from you gladdening and transforming.

A Freeman

Superstar
Bright Shadows. - January 12

He descended into Hell . . . He ascended into Heaven.

It is good for man to know his Lord is ever with him through every danger, every change, every seeming chance. It is good to walk the dark waters with Me.

I did not make the darkness. It was no artist-design to create a Darkness which should make My Light seem the greater radiance. What is Light without Darkness you may ask? Light of course. The Light has no need of Darkness. It is to conquer Darkness that you need the Light.

Willfulness and sin have caused earth's shadows, but I am there to walk the dark places with you. So that even the darkest place may be illumined by the Light of the Sun of Righteousness.

A Freeman

Superstar
Fight Evil Forces. - January 13

You are going to be a mighty force against evil because you will be ever-increasingly the agent of Divine Power. Think, when this is so, how could you for one moment imagine that evil could leave you alone? It is to the advantage of evil to thwart you.

Think how those who care for you in the Unseen watch to see you use the Light to conquer in My strength for My Glory.

The great battles of your world are fought in the Unseen. Fight there your battles and win. More than conquerors through Him Who loves you. Fight with the Whole Armour of God, ready prepared for you.

Victors through Me. Press on. Victory is in sight.

A Freeman

Superstar
How Joy Comes. - January 14

The Joy that follows awareness of Guidance has ever been the upholding Joy of My followers.

It is the result of desiring My Will only, in every detail, and then the realization of the wonderful way I can act for you when you leave the planning to Me.

Truly all things, every detail in each day, do work together for good to those who love Me. My miracle-working power can become operative when there is no "kicking against the pricks," no thwarting of My Will.

Whether you walk here on earth, or are free from earth's limitations in My Heaven, it is Heaven to walk with Me. Man has sought to describe Heaven in terms of music and song. That is but his endeavour to express the ecstasy he knows on earth in Communion with Me, and to anticipate its magnified intensity in Heaven.

A Freeman

Superstar
Where Danger Lies. - January 15

I am beside you - the eager Listener, so ready to hear your plea, so ready to say all that your heart needs.

Live more with Me apart, and so there will come an ever-increasing helpfulness to others.

Heart-poise, mental balance, spiritual strength, will be yours in ever more abundant measure. Never feel that you can help others unaided by Me, for therein lies danger.

Your 'Self'-importance is destructive of helpfulness, devitalising because your strength has such limitations. Mine is limitless.

Grow more dependent upon Me, yet more assured that you can do all things through Me.