God at Eventide

A Freeman

Superstar
"Lord, Save Me." - October 8

I Will, be thou clean.

Saved from all that tarnishes the purity of your soul.

Saved from harsh judgments.

Saved from disobedience to My Command.

Saved from all that offends My Justice, all that sins against My Love. I will, be thou clean.

A Freeman

Superstar
Overcome Desire. - October 9

The listening ear-

Train the listening ear to hear Me.

The first step is to subdue earth's desires and to want only My Will.

Desire as a control must be overcome.

Then follows the turning within to speak with Me.

Then the listening ear.

A Freeman

Superstar
Peter's Example. - October 10

My child, I will never fail you.

My Promise is not dependent upon your perfection, only upon your accepting My Will and striving ever to walk in it.

But, for your happiness, I give you Divine Assurance that though you may fail in achievement, if not in desire, I cannot plead human frailty, so My Promises must be fulfilled.

When I chose Peter I saw in him not only one who, after failure and denial, would become a Power for Me in My Strength; I chose him that others, frail and weak, might take courage as they remembered My Love and forgiveness, and his subsequent spiritual progress.

A Freeman

Superstar
All Clear. - October 11

Love is the great power of understanding. Love explains all, makes all clear.

How can you understand Me unless you love Me? How can men see My purposes unless they love Me?

Love is indeed the fulfilling of The Law. It is also the understanding of The Law.

He that loveth is born of God, because he enters into a new Life in God Who is Love. Live in that Love.

Love it is that prepares the ground for My teaching, that softens the hardest heart, that disposes the most indifferent, that creates desire for My Kingdom.

Therefore love. Love Me first. Then love all, and so you link them to Me.

A Freeman

Superstar
Eyes of the Spirit. - October 12

You have much to learn.

Life will not be long enough to learn all, but you are gaining that Spirit-Vision which replaces the eyes of your mortal body, when you enter into a life of fuller comprehension with My Father and Me.

A Freeman

Superstar
Stories in the Bud. - October 13

Learn a further lesson from the Two Debtors . . . A lesson in forgiving others as you realize My forgiveness of sins committed, lessons slowly learned, faults and shortcomings so easily condoned, which hinder your progress, and work for Me?

Can you show to others My patience to you.

Can you, too, give to others freely, while you claim My unrestricted Bounty? Meditate on this.

A story of Mine is like a bud. Only to the Sun of ‘Self’-effacement and Spirit-Progress does it unfold.

A Freeman

Superstar
Receptivity. - October 14

Only those in close touch with Me, inspired by My Spirit, infected by My Love, impregnated with My Strength, retain a resilience of being and receptivity to new Truth.

The child heart that I enjoined upon My followers is ever ready to be renewed, is ever responsive to all that is prepared for "the new creature in Christ Jesus."

A Freeman

Superstar
The Way of the Lord. - October 15

Always before My coming into a life there must be a time of preparation. This is the work of those who already know Me.

The preparation may differ in each individual case. The Baptist came with his thunder-note of repentance!

In many cases a loving hand of help may be needed before the ground is ready for Me, The Sower.

Prepare My Way:- by loving intercourse, by Spirited example, by tender help, by unflinching adherence to Truth and Justice, by ready ‘Self’-sacrifice, and by much prayer. Prepare ye The Way of the Lord.

A Freeman

Superstar
In Step. - October 16

This means endeavoring to suit your steps to Mine. Yet know full well, with the trust that gives security, that I ever suit My Steps to your weakness.

Divine restraint springs ever from a tender understanding. With Me beside you, there is the hope, the assurance, that the day will come when My firm tread will be yours.

"Keep pace with us," the world says as it rushes by.

But there is One Who knows no feverish haste. He walks with you. Be not afraid.

A Freeman

Superstar
See Clearly. - October 17

Then will you see clearly how to take out the grain of dust from your brother's eye. This is a promise.

You note the fault of another. You long to help.

You need the Spirit-inspired vision for this work. That cannot be granted until all obstruction is removed. Obstructions are caused not by the sins of others but by your own sins and imperfections.

So look within. Seek to conquer those, and so to gain the Spiritual insight which will enable you to help your brother. My Promises are always kept.

A Freeman

Superstar
Grace that Transfigures. - October 18

My Grace is sufficient for you, all-satisfying.

Meditate upon this GRACE. Study what the Scriptures say of it. Learn to value it. Crave it as a gift from Me.

It can be the charm that transfigures all that without it might be sordid or dreary or monotonous. It is the leaven to the dough, the oil to the machine.

It is a priceless gift. Wait with bowed head and heart at that blessing. "The Grace of our Lord Christ Jesus."

A Freeman

Superstar
A Royal Giver. - October 19

You tell Me that your hearts are full of gratitude.

I do not want from you gratitude as much as the joy of friendship. Realize that I love to give.

As the Scriptures say, "It is your Father's good pleasure to give you the Kingdom." I love to give. The Divine Nature is the Nature of a Royal Giver.

Have you ever thought of My Delight when you are ready to receive? When you long to hear My Words and to receive My Blessings?

A Freeman

Superstar
Force. - October 20

My Kingdom must be won by force, that is, by effort. How can you reconcile this with My free gift of Salvation?

My gift is free truly, and is not the reward of any merit on the part of man. But just as God and mammon cannot both be given the overlordship in any one life, so My Kingdom, where I rule as King, cannot be inhabited by one in whom ‘Self’ reigns.

Therefore the force is that of discipline and ‘Self’-conquest, together with an intensity of longing for My Kingdom, and tireless effort to know and do My Will.

A Freeman

Superstar
Absorb Good. - October 21

The only way to eradicate evil is to absorb good. This is My story of the seven other spirits.

This story was to illustrate the vast difference between the Mosaic Law and My Law. The Pharisees and the Elder Brother were the observers of the Mosaic Law.

You have proved this in your own life. To pray that you may resist temptation and conquer evil is in itself but useless.

Evil cannot live in My Presence. Live with Me. Absorb My Life, and evil will remain without.

A Freeman

Superstar
A Noble House. - October 22

Though I was a Son yet learnt I obedience.

This was to teach My followers that allegiance to Me meant no immunity from discipline.

The house of your spirit is fashioned brick by brick - Love, Obedience, Truth. There is a plan, and each action of yours is a brick in its building.

Think. A misguided act; a neglected duty; or a failure to carry out My wishes, would mean not only a missing brick but a faulty edifice.
How many an otherwise noble character is spoilt thus. Build now for eternity.

A Freeman

Superstar
Passing Understanding. - October 23

The Peace of God that passeth all understanding.

That Peace both fills and encircles the soul that trusts in Me. It is born of a long faith-experience that is permeated through and through with the consciousness of the never-failing Love of a Father.

A Father Who supplies and protects, not alone because of His obligations of Fatherhood, but because of a longing, intense, enduring Love, that delights to protect and supply, and that cannot be denied.

A Freeman

Superstar
A Special Message. - October 24

Peace has, for every true disciple, a special meaning and message. It is endeared to him by association. It was the parting gift of his Lord to His followers, bequeathed through them to followers of each succeeding generation. It is not the peace of indifference, of sloth: that is mere acquiescence.

No, the Peace I left to My own is vital and strong. It can exist only in the heart of one who lives with Me. It derives from Me that Eternal Life which is Mine, and which makes the Gift ever full of an imperishable beauty, and instinct with Life indeed.

A Freeman

Superstar
Fullness of Joy. - October 25

There is a Joy of My Kingdom that My followers may know, and that no shadow of the world's pessimism can endanger. It resists all cramping of outward, soulless convention.

Too often My followers fail to see how full of Joy I could be. They see Me, the JESUS who beheld The City and wept over it, Who was so touched by the suffering all round Me, and they fail to realize how filled with Joy I could be at the response to My Call.

No shadow of the Cross could darken that Joy. I was as a bridegroom among the friends he had chosen to share his wedding joys.

As such I refused to consider the implied reproof of the Pharisees. We were a band filled with desire to save a world, we were full of hope and enthusiasm. Our Spirits could not be compressed into the outworn bottles of mere pharisaic convention. Ponder this, and recognize your Master Who bids you Love and Laugh.

A Freeman

Superstar
Love is Duty-Free. - October 26

How human, how earth-bound, are the thoughts man has of God. He judges of Me and My Father by his own frail impulses and feelings.

There is in Divine Love no compulsion of duty from the loved one to the Lover.

Love draws, certainly, and then love longs to serve and to express one's love.

But no question of duty in return for Love.

A Freeman

Superstar
Mysteries. - October 27

There is only one road that leads to the solving of mysteries, the road of obedience and Love.

But in perfect Love there is no curiosity, only a certainty that when the time has come all will be clear, and that until that time there is no desire to know anything that the Beloved has not chosen to reveal.

Does it matter if no mystery is made plain down here? If you have Me, then in Me you have all. Continue ye in My Love.