God at Eventide

A Freeman

Superstar
Divine Extravagance. - August 29

Let Christ be in you in all wealth of Wisdom.

It is the niggard attitude of My followers that casts a slur upon My religion.

Dwell upon the Divine extravagance of terms used by those who knew something of the wonder of my Kingdom - "The riches," "The wealth," "The fullness." There is no stint with God.

The only limit is set by the inability of My followers to take. Wealth of Wisdom and unlimited Power to help others may be yours.

A Freeman

Superstar
Stand Invincible. - August 30

Life, earth-life, is a battle. A battle in which man will always be the loser unless he summons Eternal Life-Forces to his aid. Do this, and all that has the power to thwart you slinks back defeated.
Say, in the little as well as in the big things of life, "Nothing can harm, nothing can make me afraid. In Him I conquer." Stand invincible, face to the foes of life.

A Freeman

Superstar
Heaven's Music. - August 31

Lift up your heart.

Lift it up - its love and its longings, leaving fears and faults behind.

Let your heart draw its strength and vitalising Joy and Confidence from Me, your Lord.

Let no vibration stir your Being, that is not in harmony with the Eternal Music of My Kingdom.

A Freeman

Superstar
It is Enough. - September 1

Listen
and I will speak.

I seldom force an entrance through many voices and distracting thoughts. There must be first the coming apart, and then the stilling of all else, as you wait in My Presence. Is it not enough that you are with Me?

Let that sometimes suffice.

It is truly much that I speak to you. But unless My Indwelling Spirit is yours, how can you carry out My wishes, and live as I would have you live?

A Freeman

Superstar
You Shall Hear. - September 2

Listen to My Voice. Share all your joys and sorrows and difficulties with Me, remembering always that we share the work.

More and more souls will be sent to you to help. Be ready, attuned to My slightest whisper. There is no lack of help for My servants, but so often they are not in a receptive mood.

Listen and you shall hear is the continuation of "Ask, and you shall receive," "Seek, and ye shall find," "Knock, and it shall be opened unto you -"

Listen, and you shall hear.

A Freeman

Superstar
Your Failures are Mine. - September 3

Lord I present to Thee my failures. Only Thou couldst . . . repair the harm that I have wrought.

Because you are Mine I must identify Myself with all you are. I play the harmony of which you made such discord. I sound the hope in ears you had no charm of Love to woo from sin and failure.

I lead to happier ways those you misjudged, despised.

I take your failures, and because your desire is towards Me, and you know Me as Lord, these, your failures, it is My sacrificial task to bear, to reclaim.

Step up from your slough of failure in the robe of faith and love I give you.

Be strong to save as you have known salvation, strong in Me, your ever-conquering Lord.

A Freeman

Superstar
We Walk Together. - September 4

Lord I would walk with Thee.

See, I set My pace to yours as a loving parent does to that of his child.

So there must be much silence in our companionship, because you are not yet able to bear all the Wonder-Truth I long to impart.

But though words might find you unresponsive, you cannot fail to grow in My Presence, to grow in Grace, to grow in understanding.

So in that Rest I promised to those who come to Me, you do indeed gain the strength that comes from security in Love.

A Freeman

Superstar
Love Leaps Forward. - September 5

You must keep close to Me.

Faithfulness is not merely obeying the expressed commands of My Written Word. It is the intuitive knowing of My Wish, by close and intimate contact, from which has grown true understanding of Me.

Even with this knowing, faithfulness can only be possible when you are fortified with the Strength that Communion with Me gives.
If you know My slightest wish, and have absorbed from Me the Strength in which to carry it out, then Love leaps forward, responsive, rejoicing in the Lord.

A Freeman

Superstar
No Pride. - September 6

Are you ready for training and discipline? Like my winter-trees, seemingly useless and impotent, to those who do not understand the enrooting in Me which keeps you steadfast amid storms and winter cold.

All through the dark months, when your beauty (your power to help and shield) has been sacrificed, you are yet drawing in strength and sustenance.

The time to help will come again, and you will have learned to have no personal pride in the beauty of your foliage and the restfulness of your shade.

You will use them for those who need them, but will give the glory to Me, your Lord.

A Freeman

Superstar
"Lord, My Lord!" - September 7

The human heart craves a Leader, one whose will it delights to obey.

It craves a oneness of aim and achievement with a loved one. It craves to be understood.

It craves to reveal itself without reservations, and to gain only strength thereby.

To gain, too, an ever more intimate revelation of the heart of the loved one. Where can the heart of man find satisfaction as with Me?

A Freeman

Superstar
Perfect Harmony. - September 8

No discordant note mars your intercourse with Me, for only with Me can life be perfect harmony.

There may be much to regret on your part; failure; disloyalty; fear; sin.

In My Holy Presence all that is swept away by My Hand of Love. Only Love, Peace-bringing, Harmony-producing Love, remains. If you are to face the World and maintain your calm, you must take to the world, and your tasks in it, My Peace and Harmony.

A Freeman

Superstar
Thy Heart's Desires. - September 9

Pause upon the threshold of My House of plenty.

Pause in awe and in the joy of Worship.

He shall give thee thine heart's desires. Give your desires themselves, conceived as they are in union with the Divine Spirit, and receive their fulfillment.

Know this, and let your heart sing with the joy of this Wonder of Supply.

A Freeman

Superstar
Unruffled. - September 10

Peace. It is your task to keep this Peace in your hearts and lives. This is your work for Me. It is so all-important because if you lack it, then, as a channel, you are for the time useless.

Learn to sense the slightest ruffle on the surface of your lives. Learn to sense the smallest unrest in your heart-depths. Then back to Me until all is calm.

Think, some message may be undelivered, because I cannot use you. Some tender word unspoken, because ‘Self’ blocks your channel.
Only ‘Self’ can cause unrest, and My great Gift to My disciples was PEACE.

A Freeman

Superstar
Lose this Desire. - September 11

Again I say, never judge another. That is one of My tasks I have never relegated to any follower.

Live with Me. So you will be enabled to see more of that inner self that I see in each one. Thus you will learn a humility that makes you lose desire to judge.

Oh, seek to love and understand all. Love them for My sake. They are Mine. As you live with Me, you will see how I yearn over them, and long for them. Seeing this, your love for Me must prevent your hurting Me by unkind criticism of those for whom I care.

A Freeman

Superstar
Blame Not. - September 12

Never seek to cast the blame on others.

If I bear your sins and those of others are you not casting your blame on Me?

If what is untoward is the result of your own fault or weakness, seek to remedy the cause by conquering the fault and overcoming the weakness.

If it has been caused by another, then apportion no blame, allow no thought of ‘Self’ to intrude to cause the slightest ruffle of your spirit-calm.

Safeguard the peace which I entrusted to you.

A Freeman

Superstar
Cause of Sin. - September 13

No longer has sin any power over you unless of your own deliberate choice.

The surest way to safeguard yourself against any temptation to sin is to learn to love to do My Will, and to love to have that Will done, in all the little as well as in all the big things of your daily life.

So often man puzzles over this - If I have conquered sin, why is it then so powerful an enemy?

I conquered sin.

It has no power over any soul that does not want to sin. Then all that could lead to sin is desire.

I lay such stress on man's loving Me. If his love, his desire, is set on Me - he wills only to do My Will. Thus he is saved from sin.

A Freeman

Superstar
Gifts for You. - September 14

"Not as the world giveth, give I unto you."

Not as the world giveth, but, oh, infinitely more richly, more abundantly, give I unto you.

The world expects a return, or gives only in return. Not so do I. My only stipulation is receive!

But to receive My Power, My Gifts, you must have room for them, and, full of ‘Self’, there is no room for Me and My Gifts.

So all I desire of you is to be emptied of ‘Self’, and to desire Me.

A Freeman

Superstar
Bold in Prayer. - September 15

My child, there is no arrogance in your assertion when you say, "I will not let Thee go unless Thou bless me."

Have not I ever told you to claim big things. In so doing you obey Me.

You do right to wrestle boldly in prayer. There are times for demanding, for claiming.

Now is the time to claim. You are in no doubt about My Will. Claim its manifestations on earth.

A Freeman

Superstar
Adoration. - September 16

Never forget to adore. That is the most beautiful form of prayer. It includes all others.

If you adore, it implies that trust in Me and love for Me, without which all supplication fails to achieve its object. It implies thanksgiving, because adoration is born of repeated thanksgiving.

It also implies contrition.

Who could adore Me with a Joy-filled adoration, and not be conscious of unworthiness and of My forgiveness and blessing? Adoration is Love-filled reverence.

A Freeman

Superstar
Leave Him to Me. - September 17

In My Kingdom judgment is not man's role. There is one Judge, and even He reserves His judgment until the last chapter of man's life is written, until all the evidence is secured, so anxious is He to discover some extenuating circumstances, or to wait until, by man's turning to Him and throwing himself upon His mercy, the position is altered, and the judge becomes the prisoner in the dock.

Then, God the Father, knowing His Beloved Son accepts responsibility for the deed (has in fact already received the punishment Himself), is bound to pardon the human sinner

You then in judging (poor; weak; foolish; contemptuous arrogance), are judging not the sinner but Me.