God at Eventide

A Freeman

Superstar
Undivided. - August 9

Live in My Peace.

There must be no divided life in this.

Peace in your heart. That heart-rest that comes from constant communion with Me, and from an undisturbed trust in Me.

Then Peace round you, where others are conscious of Me, and of that Peace as My Gift, and of the rest and strength and charm into which they are drawn.

A Freeman

Superstar
Glad Surprise. - August 10

Live so near to Me that you may never miss the opportunity of being used by Me. It is the prepared instrument, lying nearest to the Master Craftsman's Hand, that is seized to do the work.

So be very near Me, and you cannot fail to be much used. Remember that Love is the Great Interpreter, so that those who love you and are near to you are the ones you can help the most.

Do not pass them by for others, though your influence and helpfulness will gradually spread, in an ever widening circle. You will live in a spirit of glad surprise.

A Freeman

Superstar
Absolute Honesty. - August 11

Learn to act slowly with sanctified caution.

Precipitancy has no part in My Kingdom.

Be more deliberate in everything, with the deliberation that should characterize every soul, for it is one of the credentials of that Kingdom.
Lack of poise and dignity means lack of Spiritual Power, and this it must be your aim to possess.

Be truthful in all things, honest with an honesty that can be challenged by the world, and by the standards of My Kingdom, too.

A Freeman

Superstar
Holy Revelry. - August 12

Live with Me. Work with Me. Ever delight to do My Holy Will. Let this be the satisfaction of your lives. Revel in it.

Let the wonder of My care for you be so comforting that you may see no dullness in drudgery, in delay . . .

The Glory of My leading (the wonder of its intimacy) reveals such tender knowledge of you, past and future.

Let this reveal Me to you, and so daily increase your knowledge of Me.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Road You Took. - August 13

Look back at The Way I have led you.

Say to yourself, "Is not my Lord as strong to-day as in the days that lie behind me? Did He not save me when human aid was powerless? Did He not keep His Promise, and protect and care for me? Can I, remembering that, doubt His Power now?"

So you will gain confidence and a firmer trust. As your faith is thus strengthened, My Power can operate more freely and fully on your behalf.

You are only beginning to realize My Wonders. You will see them unfold more and more as you go on. Bring Me into all you do, into every plan, every action.

A Freeman

Superstar
Riches of His Grace. - August 14

It is for My followers to make My Word, the very Word of God, attractive.

My Word has to dwell in you richly. There must be no stinting, no poverty, but an abundance of rich supply.

Note the dwell. Nothing fitful, as I have told you. Make its home there. Fittingly belong there. No question of meagre or exhausted supply.
The Word of God grows in meaning, in intensity, for you, as you bring it into operation.

Remember, too, the Word of God is that Word made flesh, Who dwells with you, your Lord Christ (the Anointed) Jesus (Saviour).

A Freeman

Superstar
My Image Restored. - August 15

Look unto Me until your gaze becomes so intense that you absorb the Beauty of Holiness.

Then truly is the petty, unworthy 'Self' ousted from your nature. Look to Me. Speak to Me. Think of Me.

So you become transformed by the renewing of your mind. Other thoughts, other desires, other ways follow, for you become transformed into My Likeness.

Thus you vindicate The Ways of God with man - man made in His Image, that Image marred, but I still had trust in man; trust that man, seeing the God-Image in Me, the man Christ Jesus, would aspire to be remade and rise again - into My Likeness.

A Freeman

Superstar
Expectancy. - August 16

In all your work, your meetings with others, have ever the consciousness of My brooding Love surrounding you. Continue ye in My Love.
Meet Me at eventide with loving expectancy.

A Freeman

Superstar
Premature Blessing. - August 17

Give me strength to wait Thy time, accept Thy discipline.

Only your failure to do this can delay the answers to your many prayers.

The blessing you crave needs a trained, disciplined life, or it would work your ruin and bring upon you a world's criticism that could but harm the very cause, My Cause, which you so ardently seek to serve.

A Freeman

Superstar
Broken Bonds. - August 18

Loose the fetters that bind me to earth and material things.

They shall be loosed. Even now your prayer is being answered. But you can only be completely released as you live with Me more and more.

Thought-freedom from 'Self'-claims comes by a process of substitution. For every claim of 'Self', substitute My claim. For every thought of fear or resentment substitute a thought of security in Me and of Joy in My Service. For every thought of limitation, of helplessness, substitute one of the Power of a Spirit-aided life.

Do this persistently. At first with deliberate effort, until it becomes an almost unconscious habit. The fetters will snap and gradually you will realize the wonder of your freedom.

A Freeman

Superstar
Bounteous Giving. - August 19

Lord I ask for Thine unlimited supply.

I give with no niggard hand. See the Beauty in Nature, the profusion, the generosity. When I give you a work to do, a need of another's to meet, My supply knows no bounds.

You, too, must learn this Divine generosity, not only towards the lonely, the needy, whom you contact, but towards Me, your Lord.

Measure the wealth of Mary's gift by the offerings given to Me nowadays by those who profess their Love for Me. Ungenerous giving dwarfs the soul.

A Freeman

Superstar
Glorious Opportunity. - August 20

Man's life is no tragedy or comedy staged by a God of Whims.

It is man's glorious opportunity of regaining what humanity lost - assisted by the One Who found the path-direct, and Who is ready at every point, and all along The Way to supply man with the Life Eternal.

That Life Eternal which alone enables him to breathe, even here and now, the very air of Heaven, and to be inspired with the Spirit-Life in which I lived on earth; God made man.

A Freeman

Superstar
Where to Find Me - Always. - August 21

Man so often seeks, and marvels that he does not find. Why? Because only along the path of simple obedience am I to be found.

I said, "I came not to do Mine own Will but the Will of Him that sent Me." I tread, as I always trod, the path of simple obedience. Along it shall I be found.

Man must be simply obedient to My Commands before his feet can come My way. Then, seeking, he truly finds Me. I said you must become as little children to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

A Freeman

Superstar
True Power. - August 22

Many are speaking ABOUT Me, and they marvel that their words have no Force. They are not My Words, they are words about Me. Oh, how different.

The world is surfeited with words about Me.

The world needs to see Me, not to hear of My Power, but to see it in action. Not to hear of My Peace, but to see that it keeps My followers calm, unruffled and untroubled, no matter what the outward circumstances.

Not to hear of My Joy, but to see it, as from hidden depths of security, where true Power and Peace abide, it ripples to the surface of the life, and is revealed to those around.

A Freeman

Superstar
Hunger for Righteousness. - August 23

Many are wondering why their desire for righteousness is not satisfied according to My Promise. But that Promise was on condition that there should be hunger and thirst. If the Truths I have given have not been absorbed, there can be no real hunger for more.

So, when you miss the Joy-Light on your path, when the vision seems lost, and the Voice silent, then ask yourself, have you failed to live out the lessons that you were taught?

Live out My teaching in your lives, and then, hungry for more, come to me, Bread of Life, Food of your souls.

A Freeman

Superstar
Might and Majesty. - August 24

You see Me sometimes as the Man of Sorrows. Behold Me, too, in the Majesty of My God-head.

Not always can man disregard My Wishes and break My Commands.

I view the desecration of My Image, I see the ruin of the kingdom of earth which was to have been the Kingdom of the Lord. I see passions let loose and innocence spoiled, and man clamouring for the mastery.

Then the Man of Sorrows walks a King with flashing eyes, as He sees the down-trodden, the oppressed, the persecuted and the persecutor, the tyrant and the weak.

How long shall I have the patience? HOW LONG?

A Freeman

Superstar
House of the Spirit. - August 25

"Lest perhaps you should let them slip" - "Hold fast that thou hast." Each Truth learned has to be cemented to your Being by obedience.

Your soul-character is like a building. It IS a building (the Temple) in which the God-Spirit can make a Home.

Bricks lying on the ground separate are useless; placed together, united, they form a building. So obedience is the mortar by which Truths are retained and become a part of the Being. Truths which would otherwise be lost.

So every Truth I give you must be lived out.

A Freeman

Superstar
"I Die Daily." - August 26

I enjoined that if any man would follow Me (and I am The Way - the only way - home) he should deny himself and take up his cross.

The denial thus impressed upon My disciples as necessary was not a mere matter of discipline, of giving up, of going without.

It was a total repudiation of any claim the 'Self' might make, ignoring it, refusing to acknowledge it.

Not once was this to be done, but daily; there was to be a daily recrucifixion of any part of the 'Self'-life not already completely dead.

A Freeman

Superstar
One Spirit-led Family. - August 27

Have no fear. Wonders unfold.

In this Life or in the Larger Life, the lesson is the same - the absorption of My Spirit - living, thinking and acting in My Spirit, until others are forced to see and recognize its Power and claims.

Does this mean loneliness for My Follower? Nay, rather, though you, the human-'Self'-you, has no recognition, the real you, transformed by My Spirit, shares in all that fullness of operation and resultant Joy.

You are no isolated Being but one of a mighty Spirit-led family, partaker of all the family's well-being, co-operative in every act of each member, sharer of the blessing of each.

A foretaste this of Heaven's oneness and fulfillment.

A Freeman

Superstar
Thread of Gold. - August 28

Let my Spirit of Calm enter your Being, and direct you, filling you with Peace and Power. Find in each day that thread of gold that runs through all, and that links up all the simple tasks and words and interests and feelings into one whole.

Consciously hand the day back to Me at its close, leaving with Me all that is incomplete. It is Heaven's work to complete man's imperfect or unfinished task, when it has been of Heaven's ordering.

See the Joy of Life, and you, by that very act, increase it. Joy grows by man's consciousness of Joy.