God at Eventide

A Freeman

Superstar
Simple Obedience. - June 11

Dear Lord, teach me to obey Thee in all things.

You are Mine, pledged to serve Me.

Every want of yours has been anticipated. Look back and see how each failure has been due to your not having obeyed implicitly the instructions I gave you in preparation for that task or trial.

Listening to My Voice implies obedience. I am a tender Lord of Love, but I am a Captain with whose words there must be no trifling.

You are a volunteer, no conscript, but if you expect the privileges of My Service you must render Me the obedience of that service.

A Freeman

Superstar
Spiritual Renewal. - June 12

Deep life-giving draughts of My Spirit are yours.

Think of the aridness, the thirst, that is unquenched till the whole unsatisfied Being is age-worn.

Can you help man in any better way than by proving to him that the cleansing waters of My Spirit have power to wash away all that hinders growth, and to satisfy to the full every thirst of your nature?

A Freeman

Superstar
Conquest of Fear. - June 13

It is not thinking about Me, but dwelling with Me that brings perfect fearlessness.

There can be no fear where I am. Fear was conquered when I conquered all Satanic power. If all My followers knew this, and affirmed it with absolute conviction, there would be no need of armed forces to combat evil.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Soul Restored. - June 14

Do not sorrow if, after time with Me, you cannot repeat to yourself all the lessons you have learned. Enough that you have been with Me.

Do you need to know the history of plant or tree to enjoy the countryside? You have inhaled pure air and been refreshed with the beauty of the landscape. Enough for the day. So, too, you have been in My Presence and found rest unto your souls.

A Freeman

Superstar
Down in the Valley. - June 15

Do not let doubt or fear assail or depress you because of this time of anguish and failure-sense through which you have passed. No, this had to be.

Useful work lies ahead of you. Before the onset of so great a task My servant has usually to walk through the Valley of Humiliation, or in the wilderness.

If I, your Lord, before I began My Mission, had to have My forty days of temptation, how could you expect to go all unprepared to your great task?

You must taste anew the shame of unworthiness, of failure and of nothingness before you go forth with Me conquering and to conquer.

A Freeman

Superstar
Down into Egypt. - June 16

Down into Egypt, back into Galilee. These journeys were gladly undertaken. They meant no family upheaval, for was not the desire of that Family but to fulfill Divine Intent?

Upheavals come only when man is set on some particular way of life, and is called to forgo that.

When the fixed desire is to do the Father's Will, then there is no real change. The leaving of home, town, country is but as the putting off of a garment that has served its useful purpose.

Change is only Spiritual progress when the life is lived with Me, the Changeless One.

A Freeman

Superstar
Bind Their Wounds. - June 17

Draw from Me not only the Strength you need for yourself, but all you need for the wounded ones to whom I shall lead you. Remember no man liveth to himself. You must have Strength for others.

They will come to you in ever-increasing numbers. Will you send them empty away? Draw from Me and you will not fail them.

A Freeman

Superstar
Nearer to Thee. - June 18

"Lord, show me Thyself," is a cry that never goes unanswered.

Not often to physical vision comes the awareness but to spiritual insight, as more and more you realize My Love, My Power, and the manifold wonders of My character - its humility; its Majesty; its tenderness; its sternness; justice; mercy; healing and consuming fire.

Draw nigh to Me, and I will draw nigh to you.

A Freeman

Superstar
My Healing Power. - June 19

When life is difficult then relax completely; sleep or rest in conscious reliance on My Healing Power.

Endeavour that others may never see you anything but rested, strong, happy, joyful.

Before you meet seek renewal in My Secret Place.

Your tears and cares must be shared with Me alone.

My blessing be upon you.

A Freeman

Superstar
Living Waters. - June 20

Drink of the water that I shall give you, and you shall never thirst.

I will lead you beside the waters of comfort.

I will give unto you Living Water.

Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness.

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so longeth my soul after Thee, O God.

This is the thirst that can never go unsatisfied.

A Freeman

Superstar
Yours. - June 21

Appeal to Me often. Do not implore so much as claim My Help as your right.

It is yours in Friendship's name. Claim it with a mighty, impelling insistence. It is yours.

Not so much Mine to give you, as yours; but yours because it is included in the Great Gift of Myself that I gave you.

An All-embracing Gift, a Wonder Gift. Claim, accept, use it. All is well.

A Freeman

Superstar
Right of Entry. - June 22

Dwell with Me, and in doing so you admit those you love to the right of entry.

If their thoughts follow you as human friend and helper, they are drawn in thought, and later in love and longing, to Me with Whom you live.

A Freeman

Superstar
Each Need Supplied. - June 23

Instead of urging man to accept Me as this or that, first discover the need, and then represent Me as the supply.

A man may not feel his need of a Saviour. He wants a Friend. Reveal Me as the Great Friend. Another may not need guidance, only to be understood. Represent Me as the Understanding Christ.

Leave Me to satisfy each and every need as I do yours.

A Freeman

Superstar
Zest in Service. - June 24

Your will, your desire, must be to do My Will, wanting It, loving It, as a child hugging some treasure to its heart. So treasure My Will.

Find your delight in It. "Lord, what would'st Thou have me to do?" is no question of a sullen servant. It is the eager appeal of a friend, who views all life as a glorious adventure, with the enthusiasm of a youth permitted to share an explorer's quest.

Bring the unquenchable Zest into all you do.

A Freeman

Superstar
Ladder of Joy. - June 25

You see in your lives cause for praise or prayer. You praise or pray. Your heart is lifted thereby into the Eternal, into My very Presence.

Thereafter the drudgery or commonplace or dreary waiting ceases to be the colourless something to be endured. It is the ladder, whereby you rise to Me.

You can then smile at it, welcome it. It is friend, not foe. So with everything in life. Its value for you must depend on whether it leads you nearer to Me.

So poverty or plenty, sickness or health, friendship or loneliness, sunshine or gloom, each may add to the Joy and Beauty of your lives.

A Freeman

Superstar
Life's Furnace. - June 26

Life has its furnace for My children, into which they are plunged for the moulding.

At their request I watch and watch until I can see them reflect My Glory. Then comes the further shaping into My Likeness. But the metal from which that Likeness is fashioned must be indeed pure.

So often My children are impatient for the moulding, never thinking that the refining must come first.

To do My work there must be much refining.

A Freeman

Superstar
Eternal Life. - June 27

Eternal Life is a matter of VISION.

Spiritual Vision is the result of knowledge which engenders further knowledge.

"And this is Life Eternal . . . to know Thee the only True God and Jesus Christ whom Thou has sent."
Eternal Life.

Eternal in so far as the quality, the character of the Life is concerned. Being of God it implies immortality.

It is My Gift of the Life that is Mine. Therefore it must be Power-Life. This is your Life, to absorb, to live in and through.

"He that believeth (by-liveth) - hath Eternal Life."

A Freeman

Superstar
The Life Divine. - June 28

As you recognize My dealings with you, Eternal Life flows through your Being in all Its sanctifying, invigorating and remedial force.

Eternal Life is awareness of the things of Eternity. Awareness of My Father and awareness of Me. Not merely a knowledge of Our existence, even of our God-head, but an awareness of Us in all.

As you become aware of Me, all for whom you care are linked to Me, too. Yielding Me your service, you draw, by the magnetic power of Love, all your dear ones within the Divine-Life radius.

A Freeman

Superstar
All One. - June 29

Every man is your brother, every woman your sister, every child your child. You are to know no difference of race, colour or creed. One is your Father, and all ye are brethren.

This is the Unity I came to teach - Man united with God and His great family. Not man alone, seeking a oneness with God alone. See God the Father with His great world family, and, as you seek union with Him, it must mean for you attachment to His family, His other children.

He acknowledges all as His children, not all acknowledge Him as their Father.

Ponder this.

A Freeman

Superstar
Immune From Evil. - June 30

Evil was conquered by Me, and to all who rely on Me there is immunity from it.

Turn evil aside with the darts I provide.

Rejoicing in tribulation is one dart.

Practising My Presence is another.

Self-emptying is another.

Claiming My Power over temptation is another.

You will find many of these darts as you tread My Way, and you will learn to use them adroitly, swiftly. Each is adapted to the need of the moment.