God at Eventide

A Freeman

Superstar
Keep Step. - March 26

Go forward, glad indeed.

Walk with Me until your faltering, flagging footsteps learn to keep in step with Me, and gain a firmness and a confidence unknown before.

Walk with Me until a gladsome rhythm reveals the conquest-spirit that you draw from Me, and your whole being thrills with the joy of being, doing and even suffering, with Me.

Thus, in loving Communion with Me, you learn to know My needs and My wishes for others.

"Here am I, Lord, send me" shows very surely a child-like eagerness, the eagerness of love, even the eagerness for adventure for My cause.

For in My Secret Service there is surely the thrill of spiritual adventure that far outweighs anything the world has to offer.

A Freeman

Superstar
Spirit in Training. - March 27

Go on along the highway of the Kingdom until all that comes, that touches your outward lives and circumstances, has no power to ruffle your spirit-calm. Make it a delight so to train yourselves.

Why does man rebel at aught that should teach him poise of spirit, whilst in the physical world he welcomes severe exercise that would increase his physical-powers?

The children of this world are surely wiser in their generation than the children of light. If My Children of Light gave to their spirit and character-training all the care that the children of this world give to the body - its feeding, its clothing, its wellbeing - how rapid would their spiritual progress be!

Yet how little does the body matter compared with the growth of the Spirit. "Fear not them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul."

A Freeman

Superstar
In Eternity Now. - March 28

Heirs of God. Joint heirs with Me of Eternal Life, if so be that you suffer with Me, that we may also be glorified together.

Glory denotes perfection of character. This can only be learned as you allow discipline to play its part in your life, and also as you entrust your sinful past to Me.

Perfect through suffering. You cannot escape discipline, and be truly My disciple.

If you think that life is too short for all you have to do and to conquer, then remember that you have already entered upon ETERNITY.

A Freeman

Superstar
The True Sign. - March 29

How many believed on My Name after seeing the signs which I did?

Not for the signs, not for the water made wine, not for My miracles, will My true follower believe Me.

No, for something deeper, seen only with the eyes of faith, realized only by a heart of love responding to My Heart of Love. Not of these must it be said, "I do not trust Myself unto them," as I said of those who saw My signs.

I must trust Myself and My Cause to My followers who see Me with eyes of faith. How else can I be loved and known?

They will meet Me, the outcast Saviour, when I am performing no mighty deeds, wandering unheeded and unacclaimed through dark and lonely ways, and they will pause, all other pursuit forgotten, and will yet turn and follow Me.

Follow because of some chord in them responsive to the yearning of My Heart for Man, who has shut Me out. Follow, too, because of that in Me which is responsive to the cry of man's hungering soul.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Love of Your Life. - March 30

I am beside you. I am with you in all that you do. I control your thoughts, inspire your impulses, guide your footsteps, if you are truly Mine.
I strengthen you, body, mind and spirit.

I am the link between you and those who are in the Unseen.

I am the Love of your lives

Controller of your destinies.

Guardian, advocate, provider, Friend.

Yes, love Me more and more. So will you not only enjoy to the full the treasures and joys of My Kingdom, but increasingly those of Nature, My gift to My world.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Wrong Voice. - March 31

I am the Great Teacher, so ready to explain the simplest lesson to the most ignorant.

It is not for you to seek everywhere explanations of Me and My Kingdom, its Laws and its purposes.

Learn of Me. How often would I have spoken to some heart, but the voice of one too eager with explanations about Me crowded Me out.
When Andrew brought Simon to Me, he was silent to let his brother learn of Me.

The reason for this crowding out of My Voice by My disciples is their unwillingness to believe that I do speak to-day. So, thinking they worship a silent Christ, they seek to make amends by their much speaking.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Time of Resurrection. - April 1

Spring brings its message of Hope.

Not only does it proclaim the Truth that Nature arises from her time of decay and darkness to a new life. But, My children, it surely speaks to the individual, to nations, to My world, that the time of decay and darkness for them too can pass, and that, from conflict and storm, disaster and sin, they can spring to a new and gladdening Resurrection-Life.

But Nature obeys My Laws. It is by her obedience that the quickening of new life is succeeded by the beauty of Risen Power.

So, only as man obeys My Will, and works according to My Divine Plan for him, can harmony follow chaos, peace follow war, and a reign of Love succeed one of conflict and carnage.

A Freeman

Superstar
Resurrection Preparation. - April 2

I am the Master of the Universe. Accept My ordered Word. When you do this in joyful sincerity, you link yourself with all the creative forces of the Universe.

My Spirit can then be operative, first in you and then through you.

My followers forget that the scourging at the pillar, the Divine control ("He answered never a word"), and the Cross, man-rejected, man-forsaken, all these preceded the Resurrection.

Without these there could have been no Resurrection. These steps in Spirit-conquest had to be, before My all-powerful, Divine Spirit could be released to be for ever available for those who would hear My Call, and would will to walk, not just talk, in My Way.

A Freeman

Superstar
See them Free. - April 3

If I bore the sins of all in My agonised Heart in the Garden of Gethsemane and on Calvary, then, when you seek to punish others whom you despise, you punish and despise Me.

My throwing aside the grave-clothes, and My stepping out into that sunlit Garden on Resurrection Day were symbolic of the freedom I had bought for My children, and which they would know in Me.

Are you seeking to bind the grave-clothes round Me? When you recognize a man's sins you must go further always and see him as free, the grave-clothes of sin and limitation cast aside; the stone, that shut out his Vision of Love and God, rolled away; he, a risen man, walking in My Strength, and conquering in My Power.

A Freeman

Superstar
Sharing My Burden. - April 4

Remember the Truth that you are learning, even now, though dimly.

In Eternal Life there are no time-limits. So My sacrifice was for you to-day, this hour, as truly as ever it was for those who watched Me on Calvary.

I am the changeless One. The same yesterday and for ever. Sacrificing Myself to-day, rising to-day. You then, once you embrace Eternal Life, enter into My Suffering, and help to carry My Cross, as truly to-day as if you had walked beside Me to Calvary.

A Freeman

Superstar
Redeemed. - April 5

Agony and heartache, pain and loneliness, such as no human+being has ever known, were the price of your redemption.
Truly you are not your own.

You are bought with a price. You belong to Me.

You are Mine to use, Mine to love, Mine to provide for.

Man does not understand the infinite Love of the Divine. Man teaches that as I bought him, so he has to serve, obey and live for Me.
He fails to understand that because he is Mine, bought by Me, it is My responsibility to supply his every need. His part is to realize My ownership, and to claim My Love and Power.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Veil has Gone. - April 6

And the veil of the Temple was rent in twain, from the top to the bottom.

The veil, that had hidden God from the knowledge and sight of man, was at last removed.

I, God and man, had torn away 'The Veil' separating God the Father, and man, My brother. I came to reveal the Father to man, and I live, ever live, to make intercession to the Father for man. I am the Great Mediator between God and man, the Man, Christ JESUS.

A Freeman

Superstar
Bear Reproach Gladly. - April 7

Rest unto your souls is found at My Feet. The place of rest is the place of humility.

When you rejoice to serve humbly, when you are content for men to think ill of you, when you can bear reproach and scorn gladly, then what can disturb the gladness of your soul, its rest?

No unrest can assail and hurt the soul that has not its spring in 'Self'. That 'Self' must be nailed to My Cross, that 'Self' must die before you can truly say - "I live, yet not I, but Christ liveth in me."

A Freeman

Superstar
Stones Rolled Away. - April 8

And they saw that the stone was rolled away.

How needless their questioning among themselves had been:-

"Who shall roll us away the stone?"

Wherever My followers go full of desire to do Me loving service, they shall find the stones of difficulty, of obstruction, rolled away.
They came, these faithful women, to the sepulchre, with the spices and ointments they had prepared.

Come, too, with your spices of Love to do Me service, and you shall find you have been anticipated. I am ever eager in Love to do you service.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Life Glorious. - April 9

If by the Spirit you mortify the flesh, you shall live.

This is a further progress-step in My Kingdom. The flesh must hold no pleasure for you that is not held in leash, always under subjection to the Spirit.

It was the utter subjection of the flesh that was manifested in My Silence at the pillar, and in the face of the jibes and insults and blows. It was this complete subjection which meant a Risen Body.

Resurrection-faith is not a matter of belief in Me, and in My Power working a miracle, it is a faith in Me and My Power leading to entire subjection of the body.

The body completely under control of the Spirit is a Risen Body. See now the importance of 'Self'-discipline.

A Freeman

Superstar
Break Free. - April 10

I sent no disciple to carry My Healing Power to the Syrophoenician woman's sick daughter, the centurion's servant, or to the ruler's son. My Word was all-sufficient.

All that I needed was the faith of the petitioner. Can you not realize that?

Learn to understand and to ask more of Me. If you do not, then others' bonds are your responsibility.

Loose your own body from all bonds. Remember the beam and the mote.

As the fault (the beam) is removed from your own eye, giving you the power to remove the mote from your brother's eye, so if you bring your body into subjection, discipline it wholly, you will be enabled to free your brother from bonds that bind him to ill-health.

A Freeman

Superstar
Resurrection Gladness. - April 11

Love and Laugh. To the world, sad faces and depressed spirits speak of a buried Christ. If you want to convince men that I am Risen, you must go through life with Resurrection gladness. You must prove by your lives that you are Risen with Me.

Men will not learn of My conquest over death by the arguments of theologians, but by the lives of My followers, My Risen followers. If you are still wearing the grave-clothes of gloom and depression, of fear and poverty, men will think of us as tomb-bound still.

No, live in the Spirit of the Garden on that Resurrection Day. For you, too, I will roll away the stone from the door of the sepulchre. Walk unbound in the Garden with Me, in the Garden of Love, Joy, child-like, boundless Faith - the Garden of Delights.

A Freeman

Superstar
Fair Delights. - April 12

It is my Pleasure that you wait before Me.

Companionship with Me, with its soul-rest, is all too often sacrificed for petition.

Be content awhile to be silent in My Presence. Draw-in that Spiritual Power which will strengthen you to conquer the weaknesses you so deplore.

Life in Me is one of radiance.

Eternal Life is Life refreshed by Living Waters.

There is no stagnation in My Kingdom, in that place prepared for hearts that love Me.

It is a place of Fair Delights.

Claim what you will. It is yours.

A Freeman

Superstar
Heaven's Almoner. - April 13

It may not be your need I am seeking to supply at a particular moment, but that of another through you.

Remember what I have told you before: it is empty vessels I fill, into open hands that I place My supply.

Too often My followers are so busy clutching their foolish possessions that they have no hands to receive the larger blessings, the needed gifts, I am waiting to pass to them, and through them, to others.

Help all to see the wonderful life that could open out before them. To be Heaven's almoner is the work to which I call each follower of Mine.

A Freeman

Superstar
You Can Do This. - April 14

I will give you rest.

My Gift truly, but the result of your trust.

Train yourself to trust so completely that no tremor even of doubt or fear can enter in.

No fear of the future, no cloud over the present, no shadow of the past.

When the absence of fear is the result of strength for The Way gained by contact with Me, and of complete reliance upon My Tenderness and My Power, then you have My Gift of Rest.