God at Eventide

A Freeman

Superstar
Living Waters. - June 20

Drink of the water that I shall give you, and you shall never thirst.

I will lead you beside the waters of comfort.

I will give unto you Living Water.

Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness.

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so longeth my soul after Thee, O God.

This is the thirst that can never go unsatisfied.

A Freeman

Superstar
Yours. - June 21

Appeal to Me often. Do not implore so much as claim My Help as your right.

It is yours in Friendship's name. Claim it with a mighty, impelling insistence. It is yours.

Not so much Mine to give you, as yours; but yours because it is included in the Great Gift of Myself that I gave you.

An All-embracing Gift, a Wonder Gift. Claim, accept, use it. All is well.

A Freeman

Superstar
Right of Entry. - June 22

Dwell with Me, and in doing so you admit those you love to the right of entry.

If their thoughts follow you as human friend and helper, they are drawn in thought, and later in love and longing, to Me with Whom you live.

A Freeman

Superstar
Each Need Supplied. - June 23

Instead of urging man to accept Me as this or that, first discover the need, and then represent Me as the supply.

A man may not feel his need of a Saviour. He wants a Friend. Reveal Me as the Great Friend. Another may not need guidance, only to be understood. Represent Me as the Understanding Christ.

Leave Me to satisfy each and every need as I do yours.

A Freeman

Superstar
Zest in Service. - June 24

Your will, your desire, must be to do My Will, wanting It, loving It, as a child hugging some treasure to its heart. So treasure My Will.

Find your delight in It. "Lord, what would'st Thou have me to do?" is no question of a sullen servant. It is the eager appeal of a friend, who views all life as a glorious adventure, with the enthusiasm of a youth permitted to share an explorer's quest.

Bring the unquenchable Zest into all you do.

A Freeman

Superstar
Ladder of Joy. - June 25

You see in your lives cause for praise or prayer. You praise or pray. Your heart is lifted thereby into the Eternal, into My very Presence.

Thereafter the drudgery or commonplace or dreary waiting ceases to be the colourless something to be endured. It is the ladder, whereby you rise to Me.

You can then smile at it, welcome it. It is friend, not foe. So with everything in life. Its value for you must depend on whether it leads you nearer to Me.

So poverty or plenty, sickness or health, friendship or loneliness, sunshine or gloom, each may add to the Joy and Beauty of your lives.

A Freeman

Superstar
Life's Furnace. - June 26

Life has its furnace for My children, into which they are plunged for the moulding.

At their request I watch and watch until I can see them reflect My Glory. Then comes the further shaping into My Likeness. But the metal from which that Likeness is fashioned must be indeed pure.

So often My children are impatient for the moulding, never thinking that the refining must come first.

To do My work there must be much refining.

A Freeman

Superstar
Eternal Life. - June 27

Eternal Life is a matter of VISION.

Spiritual Vision is the result of knowledge which engenders further knowledge.

"And this is Life Eternal . . . to know Thee the only True God and Jesus Christ whom Thou has sent."
Eternal Life.

Eternal in so far as the quality, the character of the Life is concerned. Being of God it implies immortality.

It is My Gift of the Life that is Mine. Therefore it must be Power-Life. This is your Life, to absorb, to live in and through.

"He that believeth (by-liveth) - hath Eternal Life."

A Freeman

Superstar
The Life Divine. - June 28

As you recognize My dealings with you, Eternal Life flows through your Being in all Its sanctifying, invigorating and remedial force.

Eternal Life is awareness of the things of Eternity. Awareness of My Father and awareness of Me. Not merely a knowledge of Our existence, even of our God-head, but an awareness of Us in all.

As you become aware of Me, all for whom you care are linked to Me, too. Yielding Me your service, you draw, by the magnetic power of Love, all your dear ones within the Divine-Life radius.

A Freeman

Superstar
All One. - June 29

Every man is your brother, every woman your sister, every child your child. You are to know no difference of race, colour or creed. One is your Father, and all ye are brethren.

This is the Unity I came to teach - Man united with God and His great family. Not man alone, seeking a oneness with God alone. See God the Father with His great world family, and, as you seek union with Him, it must mean for you attachment to His family, His other children.

He acknowledges all as His children, not all acknowledge Him as their Father.

Ponder this.

A Freeman

Superstar
Immune From Evil. - June 30

Evil was conquered by Me, and to all who rely on Me there is immunity from it.

Turn evil aside with the darts I provide.

Rejoicing in tribulation is one dart.

Practising My Presence is another.

Self-emptying is another.

Claiming My Power over temptation is another.

You will find many of these darts as you tread My Way, and you will learn to use them adroitly, swiftly. Each is adapted to the need of the moment.

A Freeman

Superstar
Out of the Unseen. - July 1

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

You do not yet see, nor will you see fully while you are on this earth, how faith, co-operating with Spiritual Power, actually calls into being that for which you hope.

Men speak of dreams come true. But know them as answered prayers; manifestations of Spirit Force in the Unseen. So trust boundlessly.

A Freeman

Superstar
Dangerous Power. - July 2

Do you not see how necessary is your learning the method of Spirit-attack. There must be a certain root-faith in Me, or you could not trust yourself to perfect surrender to Me. But there must come to those who walk all The Way with Me, a yielding of their wills and lives wholly to Me, or the greater faith that results would be a source of danger. It would drag you back to the material plane, instead of to Spiritual Heights.

For unless your will is wholly Mine, you will rely on this new God-given Power, and call into being that which is not for the furtherance of My Kingdom.

A Freeman

Superstar
Hiding in Thee. - July 3

Follow Me, and whether it be in the storm, or along the dusty highroad, or over the places of stones, or in the cool glade or the meadow, or by the waters of comfort, then, with Me, in each experience there will be a place of refuge.

At times you seem to follow afar off. Then weary with the burden and The Way, you stretch out a hand to touch the hem of My Garment.

Suddenly there is no dust, no weariness. You have found Me. My child, even if it seems unprofitable continue, your drudgery, whether it be of spiritual, mental or physical effort. Truly it serves its turn if it but leads you to seek help from Me.

A Freeman

Superstar
Break Free. - July 4

For by whom a man is overcome . . . he is the slave.

I cut the bonds of sin which bound you to evil. With loving Hands I replaced each with my cords of Love, which bound you to Me, your Lord.

The power of evil is subtle. A cut cord, a snapped cord, would awaken your slumbering conscience, but strand by strand, so carefully, with gentleness cunningly acquired, evil works until a cord is free. Even then the work is slow, but oh, so sure, until presently the old bond I severed is binding you to evil, strand by strand.

Snap off these returning fetters. Satan hath desired to have you that he may sift you as wheat. He works with an efficiency My servants would do well to copy. He has marked you as one who will increasingly bring souls to Me.

A Freeman

Superstar
My Family Circle. - July 5

For whosoever shall do the Will of My Father, he is My brother and sister and mother.

You see how everything depends on the necessity of doing the Will of My Father.

Here is the intimacy of a new relationship. The only condition of this is the doing of My Father's Will. Then at once, into the inner Family Circle there is admission.

The plain way of discipline is the way of knowing My Will. That is the first requisite to the doing of it.

My Will for each day can only be revealed as each day comes, and until one revelation has been lived out, how can you expect to be made aware of the next?

Awareness of My Will is only achieved by obedience to that Will as it is made clear, and when THAT Will has been obeyed the veil, hiding My next desire, is lifted.

A Freeman

Superstar
Listen Carefully. - July 6

My poor deaf world. What it misses in loving Words and Whispers.

I want to share so much with it. It will not listen.

"Wherefore do you spend money for that which is not bread and your labour for that which satisfieth not. Hearken diligently unto Me and eat that which is good and let your Soul delight itself . . ."

"He that willeth to do My Will - shall know."

Whose Voice would you hear? So many voices are about you that you may miss the Still Small Voice.

"This is My Beloved Son - Hear Him."

A Freeman

Superstar
Love's Growth. - July 7

Learn from Nature the profusion of her gifts.

As you daily realize more and more the generosity of the Divine Giver, learn increasingly to give.

Love grows by giving.

You cannot give bountifully without being filled with a sense of giving yourself with the gift, and you cannot so give without Love passing from you to the one who receives.

You are conscious, not of yourself as generous, but of the Divine Giver as bounteous beyond all human words to express.

So Love flows into you, with an intensity that is both humbling and exalting, as Love flows from you with your gift.

A Freeman

Superstar
Remember Me. - July 8

Give me a constant remembrance of Thee.

Ask what you will and it shall be done unto you. But only if the heart desires what the lips express. "The Lord looketh on the heart."

You will grow into the true attitude of remembrance of Me as you learn more and more to attribute all your blessings, all your guidance, to My increasing care: to the mind of your Master behind all, inspiring all, controlling all, the source of all your good.

A Freeman

Superstar
Upheld. - July 9

Go forward unafraid.

Face each difficulty, however great and seemingly unconquerable, as you go forward towards it.

The strength you will require from Me for that adventure into danger, as it may seem to you, will fortify you for its overcoming.

"Fear thou not, for I am with thee,

"Be not afraid, for I am thy God.

"I will strengthen thee, I will help thee,

"Yea, I will uphold thee with the right arm of My Righteousness."