God at Eventide

A Freeman

Superstar
Words of Life. - April 23

Lord Thy Word abideth and our footsteps guideth.

Treasure My Words in your heart. They will meet your need to-day as surely as they met the needs of those to whom I spoke them when I was on earth for they were not spoken in time but in Eternity.

If My gift to man is Eternal Life, then the words inspired by that Life are eternal, appropriate to your needs to-day as they were then.

But the words and the guidance are not for all. They are for those who ACCEPT MY great gift of Eternal Life.

"And this is Life Eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Christ Jesus, whom Thou has sent."

A Freeman

Superstar
"Lord Use Me, I Beseech Thee." - April 24

I will use you as you eliminate 'Self' and offer Me a consecrated personality, made in My Image.

There can be no limit to My power to use one such. Nothing is impossible to Me. My Love is limitless, My Tenderness is limitless, My Understanding is limitless.

Every attribute of the Godhead is complete, inexhaustible, in a way you can only dimly see.

A Freeman

Superstar
Your Limitations. - April 25

The words I give you mark steps in Spiritual Progress.

There can be no limit to the Spirit Power you may possess as 'Self' is turned out and My Will welcomed.

But to those who yield themselves wholly to Me there are limitations as far as the material is concerned, as only what will assist Spiritual growth or manifestation is for these. Yet all your needs will be supplied.

A Freeman

Superstar
Vain Toil. - April 26

Master we have toiled all night and have taken nothing.

There will be nights of wearied anguish, when you toil and catch nothing.

There will be mornings of rapture when the result of your prayers and longings will be so great as to bring you to your knees with a humility born of a wonder of fulfillment - "the nets brake."

Share the loneliness with Me - the weariness, the dreariness, all with Me, as I share all with you.

A Freeman

Superstar
Welcome Them. - April 27

More and more I shall send into your life those whom you shall help. Have no fear. Do not doubt your wisdom to deal with them. It is My Wisdom that will help them, not any wisdom of yours.

Shower Love on all. Nothing will be too much that you can do for others. Delight in My Word, in My Love.

As you grow more conscious of that Love you will feel more and more the responsibility laid upon you to make that Great Love of My aching Heart known to those for whom I died, and for whom I ever live to make intercession.

A Freeman

Superstar
Overshadowing Wings. - April 28

My child you are tired with the burden and heat of the day.

Stay awhile and know that I abide with you, and know that I speak Peace unto your soul.

Dread nothing, fear nothing. Know that all is well. The day is far spent. The toil has been long, but evening rest with Me is sweet.

The gathering gloom of night will be to your heart but the overshadowing wings of the Eternal God.

Deep in your heart you feel the striving of wonderful Truths. Faint sense of the Glory to be revealed.

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
No Message, But - - April 29

My child, wait before Me.

You may receive no message, but in this waiting time, even if you are not conscious of being taught, you are being changed.

The eye of your soul will be focused upon Me and the insight gained will be calming, remedial, strengthening.

A Freeman

Superstar
My First Missionary. - April 30

My denunciations were for the self-satisfied.

For the sinner, who felt his failure and weakness, I had the tenderest pity. "Go, and sin no more," was My Word to the woman taken in adultery.

But what a Word of hope that was, revealing as it did the assurance that I trusted her not to fall into sin again. That I deemed her capable of a new life.

The Samaritan woman at Sychar's well I trusted with a secret that even My disciples had not shared fully with Me. She was one of My first missionaries.

I recognized the wealth of love in the offering of the woman who was a sinner. There was no public denunciation of her sin, no repulse of her love.

A Freeman

Superstar
Bounteous Giving. - May 1

Not what you can gain in any situation, but what you can give must be your question. You follow Me, of Whom it was said, "Even Christ pleased not Himself." So love, so help, so serve.

Seek the weak and wandering. Care for all.

Realize My overflowing and overwhelming Bounty. The stores of the Lord are inexhaustible. But to test and prove My generosity fully you must be generous.

My lovers give with no niggard hands. A heart overflowing with gratitude for what it has received expands joyous gratitude in giving.

A Freeman

Superstar
Peace Unto Your Souls. - May 2

Peace I leave with you, My Peace give I unto you.

I knew that only in Peace could My work be done. Only in Peace could My followers help souls to Me. At all costs keep that Peace. If your heart-peace is unruffled, then every thought is a mighty force for ME. Then every act is one of power.

Rely on My leading. Nothing is impossible to Me.

Unlimited expectancy yours. Unlimited power Mine.

A Freeman

Superstar
Useless Activity. - May 3

Preparation-time is so neglected by My followers. Consequently there is lack of power in work for Me.

To alter the laws of a country is no real remedy for ill. Men's hearts must be altered by contact with Me.

Remember the lessons I have taught you about useless activity. When most work cries out to be done, then it is truly the time - not to rush, but to Commune with Me and My Father.

Never feel strong in yourself. Know that only in My Strength can you accomplish all. No mountain of difficulty can then be insurmountable or immovable.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Acceptable Gift. - May 4

Rest in My Love. Abide in Me.

Leave all to follow Me - your pride; your self-sufficiency; your fears of what others may think - All.

Have no fear. Go forth into the unknown with Me, fearful of nothing with so sure a convoy.

Just as a flower, given as an offering to a loved one so is your tribute of love to Me.

As Mary gave her Love-offering, spikenard very precious, so give to Me your love and understanding.

A Freeman

Superstar
Dangerous Channels. - May 5

"Saviour, let me be a channel for Thy Mighty Power."

First you must be kept by that Mighty Power.

For it must be a consecrated life to be so used.

My Power passing through wrong channels would work harm. It could not be.

The alloy of the channel would poison the Spirit-flood.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Fertile Glade. - May 6

Seek and you shall find.

As a mother hiding from her child puts herself in the way of being found, so with Me. So the finding of Me and of the treasures of My Kingdom may not always depend upon ardent intent securing attainment, but upon the mere setting out on the quest.

Is this a comfort to you?

When you set out upon a time of seeking I place Myself in your way, and the sometime arid path of prayer becomes a fertile glade in which you are surprised to find your search so soon over. Thus mutual Joy.

A Freeman

Superstar
Clouds and Rain. - May 7

See My goodness in the clouds and rain, as well as in the sunshine of life. Both express so wonderfully the goodness and love of your Lord.

Just as the shady glade, the cool riverside, the mountain-top, the blazing highway, all meet the varying needs of man.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Dross and the Gold. - May 8

Share your Joy with Me.

Tell Me of all that gladdens you throughout your day. I am near to hear. Feel that I alone share to the full your heart-thrills, because with Me no success of yours engenders regret nor is tinged with envy.

Is it not My Joy, My success, accomplished only in and through Me?

Share all with Me. The disappointment, not only in others but all too poignantly in yourself. Share your backward step as well as the one of progress.

Bring all to Me, and together, in tender Love, we can sift the dross from the gold.

Come back to Me, ever sure of a welcome, ever glad to feel My Presence in and round you.

A Freeman

Superstar
Call Me Often. - May 9

Speak My Name often during the day. It has the power to banish evil, and to summon Good.

JESUS.

In Me dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead, so that when you call Me you call to your aid all there is of Good to need.

A Freeman

Superstar
Talk to Me. - May 10

Talk to Me about the world's misunderstanding of Me. Tell Me that your Love will seek to comfort Me for that. Tell Me your life shall be devoted to bringing about an understanding between Me and those you meet who love Me not.

As one who knows a prisoner has been wrongly convicted devotes a life-time to the vindication of that loved one's name, and counts all the trials and troubles, misunderstanding and hardships encountered in so doing, as nothing, so that his object is accomplished - let it be thus with you, longing to make Me known.

A Freeman

Superstar
Bigger Demands. - May 11

As your faith in Me grows and your sphere of influence extends, your claims will be the greater. Yet no real need of yours shall go unsatisfied.

You will make bigger demands, and ever more and more you will be trusting Me to supply the little wants. This trust will come as you realize My power more and more, and feel My Love, and know its tender watchfulness in every detail of your daily life.

"Rejoice, again I say, Rejoice."

With a loved human friend a big gift may be prized as proof of a big love, but great devotion is displayed even more in the anticipation of the little wants, in the solicitude shown in little ways.

Delight in My Love, so shown.