God at Eventide

A Freeman

Superstar
Secret Service. - December 7

You are blessed, very richly blessed. Never forget that you have My Love and Protection. No Treasures of the world can mean to you what that can

Never forget, too, that you are guided. Every word, every letter, every meeting, God-planned and God-blessed. Just feel that, know that.

You are not a stray and uncared for. You belong to the Secret Service of Heaven. There are privileges and protections for you all along The Way.

A Freeman

Superstar
But for My Grace. - December 8

You are Mine. Mine to control, to lead, to cherish. Trust Me for all.

In thinking of and dealing with others realize that whatever their sin, you would be as they are but for My protection, but for My tender forgiveness.

Remember, too, that My Command of "Judge not" was as explicit as that of "Thou shalt do no murder," "Thou shalt not commit adultery." Obey Me in all.

A Freeman

Superstar
Power to Help. - December 9

Not so much on what you say as on your willingness to let My Influence flow through you, will your power to help others depend.

The Power of My Father is summoned by you to the aid of those whom you desire to help.

Live in the consciousness of My Presence, and your thoughts of Love, anxiety, and even interest will let loose a flood of Power to save.

A Freeman

Superstar
Successful Failures. - December 10

You grieve that you have failed Me. Remember it was for the failures that I hung on Calvary's Cross. It was a failure I greeted first in the Resurrection Garden.

It was to one who had thwarted and despised Me, who had tortured and murdered My followers that I gave My great world Mission to the Gentiles.

But each had first to learn to know Me as Saviour and Lord by a bitter consciousness of having failed Me.

If you would work for Me, then you must be ready for the valley of humiliation through which all my followers have to pass.

A Freeman

Superstar
Help is Here. - December 11

You have been told to end all prayer upon a note of praise. That note of praise is not only faith rising up through difficulties to greet Me. It is more.

It is the echo in the heart of the sound borne on Spirit waves - of that Help upon The Way. It is given to those who love and trust Me to sense this approach. So rejoice for truly your redemption draweth nigh.

A Freeman

Superstar
Prove Me Now. - December 12

You have to prove Me. To come to Me walking upon the water. No sure, accustomed earth beneath you. But remember He to Whom you come is Son of God and Son of Man.

He knows your needs. He knows how difficult it must be for mortal to learn to live more and more a life that is not of the senses. To know that when I say, "Come," I ask no impossibility.

Seeing the waves Peter was afraid.

Refuse to look at the waves. Know that with your eyes on Me you can override all storm. It is not what happens that matters, but where your gaze is fixed.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Narrow Way. - December 13

You must obey My Will unhesitatingly if you would realize My Blessings. It is a straight and narrow way that leads into the Kingdom.

If man turns aside to follow his own will he may be in by-paths where My fruits of the Spirit do not grow, where My blessings are not outpoured.

You must remember that you have longed to help a world, the sorrows of which have eaten into your very souls. Do you not understand that I am answering your prayers.

The world is not always helped by the one who walks in sunlight on a flower-strewn path. Patient suffering, trials bravely borne, these show men a courage which could only be maintained by Help Divine.

A Freeman

Superstar
Songs of Rejoicing. - December 14

You must pray about all you plan to meet. Pray that you may leave them the braver, better and happier for having seen and talked with you.

Life is so serious, let nothing turn you from your desire to serve and help. Realize all you are able to accomplish in your moments of highest prayer and service, and then think that, were your desire as intense always what could you not accomplish?

Rejoice in Me. The Joy of the Lord must indeed be your strength. You must step aside, and wait until that Joy floods all your Being if you wish to serve.

Let Joy keep your hearts and minds lifted above frets and cares. If you want the walls of the city to fall down you must go round it with songs of rejoicing.

A Freeman

Superstar
Excess of Joy. - December 15

Your life is full of Joy. You realize now that though I was the Man of Sorrows in My deep Experience of life, yet companionship with Me means an excess of Joy such as nothing else can give.

Age may have its physical limitations, but, with the soul content to dwell apart with Me, age has no power to limit the thrill of Love, the ecstasy of Joy-giving Life.

Reflect this Joy that it may be seen by souls weary of life, chafing at its limitations, lonely and sad, as the door closes on so many activities. They will learn by this reflection something of the Joys that Eternal Life here and hereafter brings to those who know and love Me.

So Joy.

A Freeman

Superstar
Varied Delights. - December 16

Poor indeed is the life that does not know the riches of the Kingdom. A life that has to depend on the excitement of the senses, that does not know, and could not realize, that delight, Joy, expectation, wonder and satisfaction can be truly obtained only in the Spirit.

Live to bring men to the realization of all they can find in Me. I, Who change not, can supply the soul of man with Joys and delights so varied as to bring ever changing scenes of beauty before him.

I am truly the same, yesterday, to-day, and for ever; but man, changing as he is led nearer and nearer to the realization of all I can mean to him, sees in Me new wonders daily. There can be no lack of glad adventure in a life lived with Me.

A Freeman

Superstar
Vision of Delights. - December 17

Praise. Pray until you praise. That is the note upon which you have been told to end all prayer. Such marvels, truly such marvels are here.

Have no fear. Live in My Love. Draw nearer and nearer to Me. I will teach you. You shall see.

Before you could pass on to the Vision of Delights, you had to be taught the foundation Truths of honesty, trustworthiness, order and perseverance. All is very well. Have no fear.

A Freeman

Superstar
Watch Me. - December 18

Pray ever with watchful eyes on Me, your Master, your Giver, your Example. "As the eyes of servants are on the hands of their master, so are our eyes unto the Lord our God."

Ever look unto Me. From Me comes your help, your all. The servant watches for support, for wages, for everything. Life is for him in the hands of his master.

So look to Me for all. Intent, gazing with a look of complete faith and surrender that draws all it needs towards you. Not merely faith, but intent regard. You must watch the bestowal, so that you may bestow.

A Freeman

Superstar
Spiritual Practice. - December 19

Pray without ceasing until every thought and every wish is a prayer. This can only be so by following the plan of recollection which I have set you.

How rarely My followers realize that Spiritual Practice is as necessary as any practice to become perfect in any art or work.

It is by the drudgery of the little steps of practice that you will ascend to Spirit Attainment.

A Freeman

Superstar
Make His Paths Straight. - December 20

Prepare ye The Way of the Lord, make straight His Path. Must you not do this before you see His Coming. Must you not be content to clear a way for Me, leaving it to Me to pass along it when I will.

This is My way and work for you, one of silent unapplauded preparation.

Preparation not for your work but for Mine.

Your feet shod with the Gospel of Peace.

Yes, the preparation must first be made in your own heart. If unrest is there, nothing can make you well-shod.

A Freeman

Superstar
Adore Him. - December 21

Prove
your adoration in your life. All should be calm and joy. Calm and joy are the outward expressions of adoration.

Adoration is that welling-up of the whole being in Love's wonder-praise to Me.

If you truly adored, your whole life would be in harmony with that adoration, expressing as far as you were able, in all its varied manifestations, that Beauty of the Lord Whom you adore.

A Freeman

Superstar
All Loves Apart. - December 22

A hush fell on the earth at My first coming. In the still hours of night I came. A silence broken only by the angels’ song of praise.

So in the fret and turmoil of the world's day let that hush fall. A hush so complete that the soft footfall of your Master may not pass unnoticed. Forget the blows of life, and its adverse conditions, so that you may be ever sensitive to the touch of My Hand on your brow.

For a time you may put aside the loves of earth, and your human friendships, so that the vibrations from the heart of the Eternal may stir your hearts, and strengthen your lives.

A Freeman

Superstar
Welcome the Interruption. - December 23

I went to prepare a place for you, but I still require My Bethany Homes and My Upper Rooms. These can be prepared only by loving hearts.

When you have prepared your home, My Home, you must be prepared to receive any whom I may send. Be ready for any interruption. Treat it as from Me.

You know neither the day nor the hour when your Lord will come. You know not the guise in which He will come, in that of a prince or in that of a beggar.

See in the unwanted your Much-desired Lord.

A Freeman

Superstar
Eve of Christmas. - December 24

"A Virgin shall conceive and bear a son and shall call his name Immanuel."

"Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given . . . his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, the Mighty God . . . The Prince of Peace."

"And the Angel said unto her, 'Fear not Mary . . . behold thou shalt bring forth a son and shalt call his name Jesus . . .' ."

"The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee; therefore also that holy thing, which shall be born of thee, shall be called the Son of God."

A Freeman

Superstar
Miracle of the Ages. - December 25

"And the Word was made flesh (incarnated)."

Word proceeding from the Father, the thought.

Dwell this evening upon this miracle of all ages. This stupendous fact of all mankind's history:-

God made man.

I came to restore to man his lost dignity. To show him that his physical and mental being could only be maintained at their intended height and power by constant communion with the Maker of man's being.

I came, God, to live with man, to show man how to live with God.

A Freeman

Superstar
Perfect Rest. - December 26

Even My Perfection could be no place of rest for weary souls. Rest in My Love. No true rest but that.

How much of earth's weariness is sin-caused. Contact with My Perfection would but make your sin seem the greater. The sight of it might truly spur you on to further effort, to further emulation, but rest-? No. And so with other attributes of Divinity.

But in My Love! in that you can rest. Pillowed like a tired child, a happily tired child. Pillowed in security, cradled in a Love, tireless and limitless. In a Love that will not only care for the weary, and rest the weary, but will rest you, until in the very strength of Love you can face your life again.

Rest in My Love. Here alone is perfect Rest. Rest for Spirit, mind and body.