Goat in inverted pentagram found in ancient gold-plated Torah

Undertaker

Established

https://southfront.org/faylaq-al-rahman-fighters-arrested-in-turkey-for-smuggling-ancient-jewish-artifacts-video/
"Turkish Police arrested four former fighters of Faylaq al-Rahman and a Turkish citizen who were trying to sell two rare, ancient, gold-plated Torahs in the northwestern province of Bilecik on May 8, the Russian TV network RT reported on May 11.

The Turkish newspaper Daily Sabah said that Police had confiscated the two ancient Torahs during the arrest. According to the newspaper, the town ancient artifacts worth a total of $1.86mln.

Syrian opposition sources confirmed that Faylaq al-Rahman fighters had stolen the ancient Torahs from a historical 2,000 years old synagogue in the Jobar district, east of the Syrian capital of Damascus. The district was under the control of the US-backed group Faylaq al-Rahman from 2013 until March 2018, when it was finally liberated by the Syrian Arab Army (FSA).

After the liberation of Jobar, Syrian pro-government activists revealed that many of the district’s historical Jewish synagogues had been looted and destroyed by Faylaq al-Rahman fighters, who even dug tunnels under the historical sites in an attempt to find “Jewish treasures”.

This was the second scandal involving Eastern Ghouta “opposition” groups after their withdrawal from the region. On March 5, the Iranian news agency Fars revealed that the political leader of Jaysh al-Islam Mohammed Alloush had stolen $47m from his group before resignation from his position.

Corruption was one the main reasons that led to the fast defeat of the militants in Eastern Ghouta."

Handcar

Rookie
Associating the pentagram with a goat only shows that the person creating that Torah hasn't a clue what he is talking about. The symbol is far more ancient than the 'sabbatic' goat pairing.

Helioform

Star
So what is the point of that article? That Jews are secret Devil worshippers? Lol. Try harder next time because it makes no sense.

steve

Rookie
I had to Google goat of mendes and found this under the "people also ask" section under the question "what is the goat of mendes"
I found it interesting so thought I'd share.

The actual image of a goat in a downward-pointing pentagram first appeared in the 1897 book La Clef de la Magie Noire by Stanislas de Guaita. It was this image that was later adopted as the official symbol—called the Sigil of Baphomet—of the Church of Satan, and continues to be used among Satanists.

Vytas

Star
I had to Google goat of mendes and found this under the "people also ask" section under the question "what is the goat of mendes"
I found it interesting so thought I'd share.

The actual image of a goat in a downward-pointing pentagram first appeared in the 1897 book La Clef de la Magie Noire by Stanislas de Guaita. It was this image that was later adopted as the official symbol—called the Sigil of Baphomet—of the Church of Satan, and continues to be used among Satanists.
It's more interesting how old his spare parts are than baphomet himself .
solve et coagula
caduceus
dagon
In that order...i guess...

Handcar

Rookie
It's more interesting how old his spare parts are than baphomet himself .
solve et coagula
caduceus
dagon
In that order...i guess...
Care to explain what the psychopomp's (guide of souls) relation with Satan is? The Latin alchemic maxim 'solve et coagula' is a synonym for alchemy from the Greek words meaning to separate and to join together. The central figure in the mythology of alchemy is Hermes Trismegistus (or Thrice-Great Hermes). Hermes and his caduceus or serpent-staff, were among alchemy's principal symbols.

Are you saying that Hermes and Satan are one and the same?

Vytas

Star
Care to explain what the psychopomp's (guide of souls) relation with Satan is? The Latin alchemic maxim 'solve et coagula' is a synonym for alchemy from the Greek words meaning to separate and to join together. The central figure in the mythology of alchemy is Hermes Trismegistus (or Thrice-Great Hermes). Hermes and his caduceus or serpent-staff, were among alchemy's principal symbols.

Are you saying that Hermes and Satan are one and the same?
Im not saying anything, only named few curious details baphomet pictures often happen to own...I saw that people were looking for info and offered few keywords for search...

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Until we have a translation of the text surrounding the image (Hebrew language?) we are just offering guesses based on who-knows-what......

HartRend

Daniel 8 New International Version (NIV)
Daniel’s Vision of a Ram and a Goat
8 In the third year of King Belshazzar’s reign, I, Daniel, had a vision,after the one that had already appeared to me. 2 In my vision I saw myself in the citadel of Susa in the province of Elam; in the vision I was beside the Ulai Canal. 3 I looked up, and there before me was a ram with two horns, standing beside the canal, and the horns were long. One of the horns was longer than the other but grew up later. 4 I watched the ram as it charged toward the west and the north and the south. No animal could stand against it, and none could rescue from its power. It did as it pleased and became great.
5 As I was thinking about this, suddenly a goat with a prominent horn between its eyes came from the west, crossing the whole earth without touching the ground. 6 It came toward the two-horned ram I had seen standing beside the canal and charged at it in great rage. 7 I saw it attack the ram furiously, striking the ram and shattering its two horns. The ram was powerless to stand against it; the goat knocked it to the ground and trampled on it, and none could rescue the ram from its power. 8 The goat became very great, but at the height of its power the large horn was broken off, and in its place four prominent horns grew up toward the four winds of heaven.
9 Out of one of them came another horn, which started small but grew in power to the south and to the east and toward the Beautiful Land. 10 It grew until it reached the host of the heavens, and it threw some of the starry host down to the earth and trampled on them. 11 It set itself up to be as great as the commander of the army of the Lord; it took away the daily sacrifice from the Lord, and his sanctuary was thrown down.12 Because of rebellion, the Lord’s people[a] and the daily sacrifice were given over to it. It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground.
13 Then I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to him, “How long will it take for the vision to be fulfilled—the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, the rebellion that causes desolation, the surrender of the sanctuary and the trampling underfoot of the Lord’s people?”
14 He said to me, “It will take 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the sanctuary will be reconsecrated.”
The Interpretation of the Vision
15 While I, Daniel, was watching the vision and trying to understand it, there before me stood one who looked like a man. 16 And I heard a man’s voice from the Ulai calling, “Gabriel, tell this man the meaning of the vision.”
17 As he came near the place where I was standing, I was terrified and fell prostrate. “Son of man,”[b] he said to me, “understand that the vision concerns the time of the end.”
18 While he was speaking to me, I was in a deep sleep, with my face to the ground. Then he touched me and raised me to my feet.
19 He said: “I am going to tell you what will happen later in the time of wrath, because the vision concerns the appointed time of the end.[c]20 The two-horned ram that you saw represents the kings of Media and Persia. 21 The shaggy goat is the king of Greece, and the large horn between its eyes is the first king. 22 The four horns that replaced the one that was broken off represent four kingdoms that will emerge from his nation but will not have the same power.
23 “In the latter part of their reign, when rebels have become completely wicked, a fierce-looking king, a master of intrigue, will arise. 24 He will become very strong, but not by his own power. He will cause astounding devastation and will succeed in whatever he does. He will destroy those who are mighty, the holy people. 25 He will cause deceit to prosper, and he will consider himself superior. When they feel secure, he will destroy many and take his stand against the Prince of princes. Yet he will be destroyed, but not by human power.
26 “The vision of the evenings and mornings that has been given you is true, but seal up the vision, for it concerns the distant future.”
27 I, Daniel, was worn out. I lay exhausted for several days. Then I got up and went about the king’s business. I was appalled by the vision; it was beyond understanding.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
8 In the third year of King Belshazzar’s reign, I, Daniel, had a vision,after the one that had already appeared to me. 2 In my vision I saw myself in the citadel of Susa in the province of Elam; in the vision I was beside the Ulai Canal. 3 I looked up, and there before me was a ram with two horns, standing beside the canal, and the horns were long. One of the horns was longer than the other but grew up later. 4 I watched the ram as it charged toward the west and the north and the south. No animal could stand against it, and none could rescue from its power. It did as it pleased and became great.
5 As I was thinking about this, suddenly a goat with a prominent horn between its eyes came from the west, crossing the whole earth without touching the ground. 6 It came toward the two-horned ram I had seen standing beside the canal and charged at it in great rage. 7 I saw it attack the ram furiously, striking the ram and shattering its two horns. The ram was powerless to stand against it; the goat knocked it to the ground and trampled on it, and none could rescue the ram from its power. 8 The goat became very great, but at the height of its power the large horn was broken off, and in its place four prominent horns grew up toward the four winds of heaven.
9 Out of one of them came another horn, which started small but grew in power to the south and to the east and toward the Beautiful Land. 10 It grew until it reached the host of the heavens, and it threw some of the starry host down to the earth and trampled on them. 11 It set itself up to be as great as the commander of the army of the Lord; it took away the daily sacrifice from the Lord, and his sanctuary was thrown down.12 Because of rebellion, the Lord’s people[a] and the daily sacrifice were given over to it. It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground.
13 Then I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to him, “How long will it take for the vision to be fulfilled—the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, the rebellion that causes desolation, the surrender of the sanctuary and the trampling underfoot of the Lord’s people?”
14 He said to me, “It will take 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the sanctuary will be reconsecrated.”
15 While I, Daniel, was watching the vision and trying to understand it, there before me stood one who looked like a man. 16 And I heard a man’s voice from the Ulai calling, “Gabriel, tell this man the meaning of the vision.”
17 As he came near the place where I was standing, I was terrified and fell prostrate. “Son of man,”[b] he said to me, “understand that the vision concerns the time of the end.”
18 While he was speaking to me, I was in a deep sleep, with my face to the ground. Then he touched me and raised me to my feet.
19 He said: “I am going to tell you what will happen later in the time of wrath, because the vision concerns the appointed time of the end.[c]20 The two-horned ram that you saw represents the kings of Media and Persia. 21 The shaggy goat is the king of Greece, and the large horn between its eyes is the first king. 22 The four horns that replaced the one that was broken off represent four kingdoms that will emerge from his nation but will not have the same power.
23 “In the latter part of their reign, when rebels have become completely wicked, a fierce-looking king, a master of intrigue, will arise. 24 He will become very strong, but not by his own power. He will cause astounding devastation and will succeed in whatever he does. He will destroy those who are mighty, the holy people. 25 He will cause deceit to prosper, and he will consider himself superior. When they feel secure, he will destroy many and take his stand against the Prince of princes. Yet he will be destroyed, but not by human power.
26 “The vision of the evenings and mornings that has been given you is true, but seal up the vision, for it concerns the distant future.”
27 I, Daniel, was worn out. I lay exhausted for several days. Then I got up and went about the king’s business. I was appalled by the vision; it was beyond understanding.
Thanks, I will have to check into this. I really thank you for this post........

steve

Rookie
I've just came across another reference to a famous goat, this time from the ancient Greek myths of the titans.
I wasn't sure if I was going a bit off topic but I decided it was intersting enough for you guys to appreciate so here it is .

Cronus learned from Gaia and Uranus that he was destined to be overcome by his own sons, just as he had overthrown his father. As a result, although he sired the gods Demeter, Hestia, Hera, Hadesand Poseidon by Rhea, he devoured them all as soon as they were born to prevent the prophecy. When the sixth child, Zeus, was born Rhea sought Gaia to devise a plan to save them and to eventually get retribution on Cronus for his acts against his father and children.

Rhea secretly gave birth to Zeus in Crete, and handed Cronus a stone wrapped in swaddling clothes, also known as the OmphalosStone, which he promptly swallowed, thinking that it was his son.

Rhea kept Zeus hidden in a cave on Mount Ida, Crete. According to some versions of the story, he was then raised by a goat named Amalthea, while a company of Kouretes, armored male dancers, shouted and clapped their hands to make enough noise to mask the baby's cries from Cronus.

that's straight from wiki
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronus

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalthea_(mythology)

Last edited:
17 As he came near the place where I was standing, I was terrified and fell prostrate. “Son of man,” he said to me, “understand that the vision concerns the time of the end.”

that is a torah and what you have quoted is not Torah it is the book of Daniel..and the context is entirely different. The goat represented Alexander the great/the greek empire.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
that is a torah and what you have quoted is not Torah it is the book of Daniel..and the context is entirely different. The goat represented Alexander the great/the greek empire.
Break it down, Im interested in what you have to say on the matter.........

Break it down, Im interested in what you have to say on the matter.........
it's all self-explanatory ie the book explains itself. Best thing is to read the Amplified bible version and you can also read it with crossreferences The amplified version contains the names of the individuals like Antiochus epiphanes, titus etc, so you can also read up on the maccabean revolt for example.
The Daniel 2 vision of the king, was basically this

the end times Beast/Rome spoken of in Revelation and the islamic hadith =the feet of iron/clay. However i also believe this period really began with the rise of colonialism (Revelation 6, the rider of the white horse).
You know how people talk about the problems of immigration and globalisation

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Daniel+2&version=AMP
43 And as you saw the iron mixed with common clay, so they will combine with one another in the seed of men; but they will not merge [for such diverse things or ideologies cannot unite], even as iron does not mix with clay.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
it's all self-explanatory ie the book explains itself. Best thing is to read the Amplified bible version and you can also read it with crossreferences The amplified version contains the names of the individuals like Antiochus epiphanes, titus etc, so you can also read up on the maccabean revolt for example.
The Daniel 2 vision of the king, was basically this

the end times Beast/Rome spoken of in Revelation and the islamic hadith =the feet of iron/clay. However i also believe this period really began with the rise of colonialism (Revelation 6, the rider of the white horse).
You know how people talk about the problems of immigration and globalisation

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Daniel+2&version=AMP
43 And as you saw the iron mixed with common clay, so they will combine with one another in the seed of men; but they will not merge [for such diverse things or ideologies cannot unite], even as iron does not mix with clay.
Man, lots of stuff for me to study here. Thank you!