Goals/Time Management/Optimal Living

DesertRose

Superstar
The importance of habits is undervalued. Following a system shapes your identity and impacts your integrity and self worth......
Keep the promises you make to yourself. Be committed to small changes each day they will compound .....
Already plugged his ideas before but they are important.
In short:
HABITS FORM YOUR IDENTITY - James Clear | London Real

Longer version:
JAMES CLEAR - ATOMIC HABITS: HOW TINY CHANGES CREATE REMARKABLE RESULTS - Part 1/2 | London Real

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
Value creation is asymmetrical.
Put yourself in positions where you can provide the most value.
If you are not useful in an arena, leave it and find something or somewhere were you can bring value.
(DR: getting more of an impact for time spent)
Price’s Law Explained: Why Only A Few People Get The Majority Of Rewards

"Price found out the following (now called Price’s law):
50% of the work is done by the square root of the total number of people who participate in the work.
In my example, that means 5 people (square root of 25) should bring in 50% of the sales. That means Price’s law is pretty accurate. On my floor, 4 people brought in about 50%-60% of the sales."

DesertRose

Superstar
Many truths said in this interview, about having kids the joy and love <3, the liberal/conservative issues and how they are being blown out of proportion and misused, , excellent interview with many good points.
Jordan Peterson Emotional Interview with Patrick Bet-David

DesertRose

Superstar
7 Stoic Lessons That Will Immediately Change Your Life - Ryan Holiday

10 Stoic Teachings Of Marcus Aurelius We Desperately Need Today (Practical Stoicism)
So Here are 10 Practical Teachings of Stoicism We Need -
1. Ignore what others are doing their opinions of you do not count. Do what you can do to make the world a better place regardless of your detractors.
2. Your Reality is Made by your opinions and if someone is being unreasonable do not sink to their level.
3. Do less cut out unnecessary activities
4. Death is knocking at your door do not waste time on the frivolous
5. You are stronger than you think
6. You are rising for the work of humankind
7. Never complain
8. You Can Live Happy Anywhere
9. Help the common good
10. Happiness is being grateful for your blessings

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
The importance of habits is undervalued. Following a system shapes your identity and impacts your integrity and self worth......
Keep the promises you make to yourself. Be committed to small changes each day they will compound .....
Already plugged his ideas before but they are important.
In short:
HABITS FORM YOUR IDENTITY - James Clear | London Real

Longer version:
JAMES CLEAR - ATOMIC HABITS: HOW TINY CHANGES CREATE REMARKABLE RESULTS - Part 1/2 | London Real
Very cool posts!

DesertRose

Superstar
Seize the moment! Seize your destination!
+1 #996: Carpe Destiny

Practice is more effective than theory because it leads to being trained to act. For example, being just or restrained needs theory and practice. Practice your virtues. Move from theory to practice to mastery:

+1 #1017: Theory vs. Practice

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
+1 #1167: What Doesn’t Kill Us
There is such a thing as post traumatic growth and some people become stronger after adversity (anti-fragilie)

SIMON SINEK - why you only win with consistency | EYE OPENING SPEECH

Maes17

Superstar
I usually feel like I have control of my stuff. I’ve been feeling panicked lately.

Idk. I have feasible work hours 8-4. Just feel like everything after 4 I try to cram in too much at the moment.

Maes17

Superstar
Ever had those feelings where chores had to be done asap? Despite low priority. Yeah....I’m there lol