Goals/time Management/optimal Living

DesertRose

Superstar
@polymoog here is my 2 cents on this:
Manifesting desires is in the realm of the unseen ones and is always at a cost.
For centuries paganites have played this game at a cost of misguidance and a lack of true spirituality.
Yet even then they can not get all their results because they are not in control of All results.
Our life should not be desire driven but purpose driven.

Chasing desires in excess is slavery:
“Desire makes slaves out of kings, while patience makes kings out of slaves.”

― Imam Al-Ghazali

Look around you........
Everything around us has a purpose and it is lamentable that people are too busy chasing desires (solely) instead of chasing their purpose. (will leave some thoughts and videos at islamic vids)
Chasing desires is like being involved in constant play and amusement. Moreover some people no longer differentiate between lawful desires and unlawful desires which has foisted immorality and corruption in the world.
So I will wrap up this discussion for now. Welcome to this thread.

@polymoog
ill check out the tom video. im not sure how much more younger and handsome i can get, though...
:D:D

Bent8484

Established
What about reading in bed with a cuppa tea or coffee and watching the rain fall?:p:)
Thanks for your contribution and welcome to this thread!
I have a dedicated reading space for that...sitting, though, not laying down. Otherwise I just pass out again.

morita

Veteran
Getting rid of toxic people will definitely improve your quality of life in no time and will leave you headspace to focus on more important things than drama, gossip and negativity.

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
Getting rid of toxic people will definitely improve your quality of life in no time.

Yup, I cross the street to avoid some people..:)
“Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for ‘tis better to be alone than in bad company”- George Washington
"If you hang around with losers, you become a loser"- Donald Trump
"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm" (Bible: Proverbs 13:20)

Kung Fu

Superstar
Staying active. Even if it's just walking. Find ways where you can be more active and your quality of life will skyrocket. For example, you live in a condo or apartment and you're on the 7th floor. Use the stairs going both up and down.

DesertRose

Superstar
Getting rid of toxic people will definitely improve your quality of life in no time and will leave you more headspace to focus on more important things than drama, gossip and negativity.
Absolutely agree, one must manage their envronment offline and online and online .
Yup, I cross the street to avoid some people
Yup that is a strategy another one is keeping it at hi and bye.
Staying active. Even if it's just walking. Find ways where you can be more active and your quality of life will skyrocket. For example, you live in a condo or apartment and you're on the 7th floor. Use the stairs going both up and down.
Agreed! it was a difficult habit to start but now the daily walk is enjoyable and is enjoyable!

The Joy of Movement by Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D. (#400)

Thanks for sharing!

DesertRose

Superstar
Towards the end of the day you are aware if you appeared that day with the best version of yourself which is +1 stepping forward into growth or -1 which is negative steps.
Making that choice moment to moment towards growth is living with excellence.
+1 or -1 (which way are you headed?! :)