Gnosis

This thread is being started to discuss the Gnostic School of the master Samael Aun Weor. Samael Aun Weor unveiled the mystery schools in the public light, and wrote 60+ books on the Christian, Aztec, Tibetan, Tantric, Kabballistic, etc mysteries. He teaches methods for astral projection, meditation and ecstacy, sexual transmutation, objective prayer, internal initiation into the mysteries, practical astrology, End Times information, and so on. Below are some helpful links

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samael_Aun_Weor Wikipedia page
https://gnosticteachings.org/books-by-samael-aun-weor.html All books by Samael Aun Weor
https://gnosticteachings.org/lectures-by-samael-aun-weor.html Spoken lectures
http://gnosticesotericstudyworkaids.blogspot.com/ A blog from a Gnostic student
http://koradi.org/ A Gnostic radio website

This is the Auto-biography of Samael Aun Weor http://iglisaw.com/docs/english_books/The Three Mountains.pdf
Also this, a practical manual for the mystery schools http://www.samaelaunweor.ro/ENG_Books/EN_The_Perfect_Matrimony.pdf
And this is regarding the times of the End which are approaching http://sawzone.org/docs_eng/Message_Of_Aquarius.pdf

Last edited:
Gnosis and gnosticism are not the same thing. and each time people like you come here with such titles you're confusing a lot of stupid americans.

Gnosis means knowledge/experience/realisation (referred to in the mystical/inner sense).
The islamic term for Gnosis is Marifah, although, used in general inc in the Quran for regular acquired knowledge but it used to refer to mystical knowledge by the sufis.

In the Gospel when Jesus says that he will reject many and tell them 'I never KNEW you' it means they don't have gnosis of Jesus ie no inner connection to him.

This link explains it in detail
http://islam.uga.edu/marifah.html

Aero

Superstar
Well it doesn't make sense for many reasons. It's assuming that a person can only be a pervert, or healthy. And I'm pretty sure a person can be both. It just all sounds like a bunch of hasty generalizations and strawman arguments.

This thing called "infrasexuals" is a giant contradiction. We are to believe the perverts actually hate sex. Then they built a kingdom in the abyss of terrible sex. But nobody would make the choice of terrible sex!

Gnosis and gnosticism are not the same thing. and each time people like you come here with such titles you're confusing a lot of stupid americans.

Gnosis means knowledge/experience/realisation (referred to in the mystical/inner sense).
The islamic term for Gnosis is Marifah, although, used in general inc in the Quran for regular acquired knowledge but it used to refer to mystical knowledge by the sufis.

In the Gospel when Jesus says that he will reject many and tell them 'I never KNEW you' it means they don't have gnosis of Jesus ie no inner connection to him.

This link explains it in detail
http://islam.uga.edu/marifah.html
That is actually, the exact context Gnosis is used as in this tradition. Conscious knowledge of God from experience. I realize “Gnosticism” makes people think of Dead Sea scrolls etc, which I avoided using.

Well it doesn't make sense for many reasons. It's assuming that a person can only be a pervert, or healthy. And I'm pretty sure a person can be both. It just all sounds like a bunch of hasty generalizations and strawman arguments.

This thing called "infrasexuals" is a giant contradiction. We are to believe the perverts actually hate sex. Then they built a kingdom in the abyss of terrible sex. But nobody would make the choice of terrible sex!
Clearly not for you. Please move on.

This sounds a relatively non-religious anti-cult forum:
Cult Education Institute: Samael Aun Weor

What do you think of their observations?

Edit:Testimony former member of CIGA
It doesn’t surprise me. Samaels teaching is based on experience of God. People that want God to live in dead beliefs, in the mind, are freightened by blunt speech about God within each person, experiencing God or Christ within in samadhi, meditation and ecstacy, astral projection and dream yoga to gain wisdom. I can testify that all that is said by Samael is true in a way that one can verify it for themselves, not because they have to believe in hard and fast dogma. If they don’t like it they are free to leave it, but I can testify what I have experienced with it as well.

However, on the topic, it is different than a cult for the following, off the top of my head - samael aun Weor did not get rich off his teachings, in fact he didn’t copy right his books and gave them away for free. He was not involved with scandals but was married with a family. He did not say that he was to be “followed”, only that he was a signpost along the path which each person has to walk for themselves. He allowed people to interpret, accept, reject, the teaching as they pleased. He did not coerce people to do anything, only gave a vast sum of teachings for each to use practically. If they don't get anything from it, if it scares them, if it causes discomfort, anyone can walk away, this was never a problem. These are different than the cults I've heard of which are always based on adultery, drugs, money, narcissism, and worship of a human idol. Samael was very clear with how to regard him "My person is worth less than the ash on the end of a cigarette. It is the Inner God of every person that counts, that is worth something". However on a forum where all the people do is talk about cults,I'm not suprised that they would throw this in the mix. The organization today is still no charge for classes, all volunteer work.

The books speak for themselves, it is that simple.

JoChris

Superstar
It doesn’t surprise me. Samaels teaching is based on experience of God. People that want God to live in dead beliefs, in the mind, are freightened by blunt speech about God within each person, experiencing God or Christ within in samadhi, meditation and ecstacy, astral projection and dream yoga to gain wisdom. I can testify that all that is said by Samael is true in a way that one can verify it for themselves, not because they have to believe in hard and fast dogma. If they don’t like it they are free to leave it, but I can testify what I have experienced with it as well.

However, on the topic, it is different than a cult for the following, off the top of my head - samael aun Weor did not get rich off his teachings, in fact he didn’t copy right his books and gave them away for free. He was not involved with scandals but was married with a family. He did not say that he was to be “followed”, only that he was a signpost along the path which each person has to walk for themselves. He allowed people to interpret, accept, reject, the teaching as they pleased. He did not coerce people to do anything, only gave a vast sum of teachings for each to use practically. If they don't get anything from it, if it scares them, if it causes discomfort, anyone can walk away, this was never a problem. These are different than the cults I've heard of which are always based on adultery, drugs, money, narcissism, and worship of a human idol. Samael was very clear with how to regard him "My person is worth less than the ash on the end of a cigarette. It is the Inner God of every person that counts, that is worth something". However on a forum where all the people do is talk about cults,I'm not suprised that they would throw this in the mix. The organization today is still no charge for classes, all volunteer work.

The books speak for themselves, it is that simple.
Yes they certainly cetainly do. The titles reveal they have a completely different worldview to the Christian one. All Christians - beware.

Through skimming through some pro-Weor websites I get the impression his teachings are a blend of Roman Catholicism, Jungian psychoanalysis, experiential mysticism and sex magick.

There are concerning articles about Weor's followers' drug trafficking and extreme violence. Are you aware of that?

I’ve never heard of that, Weor spoke explicitly against drugs, so it is not the fault of his teachings.

I’d encourage you to read a book yourself, a whole one. Perusing gossip and trying to find reasons you don’t like it before you even know what it is it is silly. If I must say, it’s not satanism or Nazi-communism.... haha

JoChris

Superstar
I’ve never heard of that, Weor spoke explicitly against drugs, so it is not the fault of his teachings.

I’d encourage you to read a book yourself, a whole one. Perusing gossip and trying to find reasons you don’t like it before you even know what it is it is silly. If I must say, it’s not satanism or Nazi-communism.... haha
I found way more than the PG rated snippets that the above website gives.
It is Gnostic Satanism. I will not give the links.
I will pray that God has mercy on your soul and brings you to genuine saving faith in Jesus Christ.

I am genuinely concerned for you. How did you find about this man and his teachings?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
This sounds a relatively non-religious anti-cult forum:
Cult Education Institute: Samael Aun Weor

What do you think of their observations?

Edit:Testimony former member of CIGA
Very enlightening... I suspect the account from someone who had been involved with those teachings will provide some real Gnosis though!

"As a former member of this group, I want to warn others to how I saw the practices of this group. This group presents its self as a non-profit cultural educational organisation, but I have come to the opinion that this is merely the public face and behind this mask it is a controlling autocratic group that uses fear and guilt to manipulate it's members.
I lost many years to this cult (I now refer to my time in this group, 12 years in total - as the "lost years") and only now am I able to think clearly and start to make sense of what happened to my mind while part of this manipulating coercive group.

1. Their view is that the world is corrupt and being run by evil forces and black magic. Their group are the only ones that can help humanity. The founder and guru / master of the group is Samael Aun Weor, who is said to be the earthly incarnaration of the Archangel Samael. He is meant to be the Avatar, Savoiur and Christ of this age or era. He wrote over 60 books, all of which are dogmatic, beyond question and taken as gospel by his followers. The group worships him and other masters as Gods on earth and no-one dare questions the authority of his teachings. Other authors are said to be not as "awakened" so his books are the only ones that contain the true teaching.

2. Marriage outside the group is not encouraged. Marriage within the group is consided to be more pure.

3. Encouraged not to have too much social life outside the group, this is not spoken about openly but subtlety encouraged.

4. Their group is the purest, all others have gone off the track or are referred to as failed groups, splinter groups etc.

5. They are the keepers of the true way, or have the only direct link with the source of light and wisdom.

6. Suggested not to work too much, part time or non-professional work is preferred so as to put more time and energy into the group and its causes.

7. Academic or artistic study at university is not encouraged, better to put more time into the group than "waste time" on personal ambitions and career goals.

8. Encouraged not to have children, again so more time can go into the group to spread the teaching and help other people.

9. The group Hierarchy rewards sacrifice that members make with "promotions" more responsibilities or more involvement in the inner workings of the groups. They are seen to be more "awake" or conscious.

10. The classes are all run by donations, but there is a lot of pressure to spend money and savings on attending retreats, international congresses, publicity, advertising etc.

11. There is no openness in group meetings for constructive criticism or debate. The group and the hierarchy are never wrong, the groups decision makers cannot be criticised.

12. They feel that they are a chosen select few working for the greater good of humanity, all personal interests or feelings are then suppressed. We are reminded of the great sacrifice and commitment that the group's leaders must make, and that they know better, so we should listen to them and not question authority. Again putting aside "gut" feelings or that something's not right here, eg. "What would I know, these people are better than me, they make greater sacrifices".

13. There is no democracy in meetings, and if there is it is only at face value. Any descent or criticism is treated with indifference, coldness and silence.

14. There is influence from the superiors on where other instructors should live and move to, so as to open more groups in different parts of a city.

15. A person's own gut feelings and personal views are suppressed in favour of the group's cause.

16. Ex-members are referred to as failures, that they did not work on themselves properly, that life or their spouse/family pulled them away, that they worked too much at their job. Contact with ex-members is looked down upon. Once someone leaves the group, the group no longer has any contact with them or any mediation for why they left. The group is never at fault.

17. There are seeds of fear implanted in the minds of members that bad things may happen if they leave the group. That there is black magic working on them, or that bad karma will fall upon them.

18. Members or students are taken aside and spoken to in private by the instructors, to correct their behaviour, their lack of attendance, seriousness, or other less serious matters. The student is intimated, ambushed and sometimes subtly bullied and made to feel like they are in the wrong and that have forgotten the group and the great cause.

19. Advanced students are expected to attend a minimum of twice a week, and take part in other external activates, if they don't they can be asked to leave the group, or they are subtly ostracised from the group. There is a subtle group "shunning" that goes on when someone is not putting in like they should. This mainly comes from the instructor's not so much fellow students.

20. The teachers/instructors use techniques to raise money like saying that the more money you donate the more karma you will pay and therefore be better off and be closer to the teaching.

21. They also say if you are having personal problems with the teaching, you need to go even closer to the teaching and attend more classes. Any doubts or skepticism's are due to ones own ego or black magic. Its is never because there maybe something wrong with the group or its leaders. Even if there is something wrong with its leaders it's still your problem, as you have to get over it. The group is never at fault; the problem always lies with the individual.

22. This group presents itself as a benign cultural "educational" meditation group, but behind this mask their main objective is to recruit more members to be part of their bizarre occult rituals and the worship of Samael.
CIFS has helped me in contacting others who also have been effected by CIGA and other Gnostic cults."

Yup this Samuel Def claimed to be Christ incarnate IE the word made flesh. If you read the link I provided it contradicts the gnostic movement without mentioning them. In the muslim.world gnostics are basically the sufi and they don't typically believe the world is evil or in a demiurge.

Lol Ok. I think I was going to be the only one that would talk about this stuff.

But I guess I'll let the religious folks eat you alive.
I'm posting this here as helpful links for anyone in the future, not to argue about it endlessly. I have nothing to prove to people who don't like this, and am frankly not bothered by it.

Aero

Superstar
I'm posting this here as helpful links for anyone in the future, not to argue about it endlessly. I have nothing to prove to people who don't like this, and am frankly not bothered by it.
Yeah, but...why?

As Plato would put it. "Excess generally causes reaction, and produces a change in the opposite direction, whether it be in the seasons, or in individuals, or in governments."

People can ask questions in good faith with the purpose of understanding, discuss, post other links or stories, but people that are hard and fast against it, having to pull up an Italian article from 1990 alledging that it is communism, there is no need to do anything for this. I’m not here as a defender of Gnosis to fight against other religions, other ways of thinking.

However, some people will find this useful and enlightening. Whether or not they post doesn’t matter. That’s why.