Global Warming Hysteria

Etagloc

Superstar
I am tired of useful idiots for the elites giving sermons about "climate change".

Any worthwhile social change necessarily entails opposition to the elites.

If people aren't willing to take that first step, then whatever they have to say in that area is useless.

I'm not interested in hearing parrot recitations of Al Gore global warming stuff.

But if you have any counter-evidence or refutations of global warming- I invite you to post it here.

The earth is warming. This we know. We also know that even slight changes can radically alter the environment.

Are we the cause? Is it a natural cycle? We don't have the data. But we could and should work towards renewable energy sources as well as limiting the damage we do on this planet. While any talk of trying to limiting population growth is bollocks (because over population isn't the problem, as much as the distrubution of resources), I'll never understand the mindset of "fuck it, let's keep raping the earth because it's fun and profitable".

Forever Light

Veteran
Oozing Methane Blasts Holes in Siberian Tundra
"Escaping methane gas has blown at least two new holes in the Siberian tundra in the past few months, according to eyewitness accounts to the Siberian Times and the Russian Academy of Sciences."

https://www.livescience.com/59705-oozing-methane-blasts-craters-in-siberian-tundra.html

This is not only being reported in Siberia, but in Canada as well:

Methane Seeps Out as Arctic Permafrost Starts to Resemble Swiss Cheese
"Measurements over Canada's Mackenzie River Basin suggest that thawing permafrost is starting to free greenhouse gases long trapped in oil and gas deposits."

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/18072017/arctic-permafrost-melting-methane-emissions-geologic-sources-study

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
Oozing Methane Blasts Holes in Siberian Tundra
"Escaping methane gas has blown at least two new holes in the Siberian tundra in the past few months, according to eyewitness accounts to the Siberian Times and the Russian Academy of Sciences."

https://www.livescience.com/59705-oozing-methane-blasts-craters-in-siberian-tundra.html
This is not only being reported in Siberia, but in Canada as well:
Methane Seeps Out as Arctic Permafrost Starts to Resemble Swiss Cheese
"Measurements over Canada's Mackenzie River Basin suggest that thawing permafrost is starting to free greenhouse gases long trapped in oil and gas deposits."

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/18072017/arctic-permafrost-melting-methane-emissions-geologic-sources-study
If you think CO2 is bad, wait until the runaway methane emissions start. Then it's "game over man, game over..."

Hubert

Established
This forum is filled with loyal defenders of whatever the elites are pushing.
Actually it's typically the "elites" who are the climate science deniers. Exxon, BP, Shell, Aramco, these are some of the wealthiest companies in the world, and they are the ones who stand to lose fortunes if we shift our energy infrastructure away form fossil fuels.

You are right though, there are people on this forum who will defend the misinformation, spread by the elites. You just don't understand that you are one of them.

This forum is filled with loyal defenders of whatever the elites are pushing.
Alternatively, we're going by the data we have. And that data, from every source, says the world is getting warming. We can debate the cause all day... But I'd like to know why some people in the so-called truth movement seem to think protecting the planet we live is a bad thing. You're so dead set on believing that everything you're told is a lie, you're alright with letting the world burn because some of the powers that be say global warming is bad... All while ignoring the powers that don't give a single care about the future.

rainerann

Star
Alternatively, we're going by the data we have. And that data, from every source, says the world is getting warming. We can debate the cause all day... But I'd like to know why some people in the so-called truth movement seem to think protecting the planet we live is a bad thing. You're so dead set on believing that everything you're told is a lie, you're alright with letting the world burn because some of the powers that be say global warming is bad... All while ignoring the powers that don't give a single care about the future.
I don't think there is anything wrong with being concerned about the environment. Climate change or not, in the here and now, it is obvious that we are affected by pollution. Larger cities are victims to increased respiratory conditions and there is present evidence that we are harming the environment and ourselves without trying to predict the long-term consequences of climate change.

In my opinion, this is the kind of thing that makes discussions like this frustrating. We can debate climate change till midnight, but no one has a crystal ball to determine who is right or wrong and we can all cite sources that will support our opinion either way. We should be more focused on what we can do now and I think that is what makes this discussion appear engineered because it seems to require a mediator at some point, and who else to fill the role of mediator than someone with elite connections who will assume this role of authority.

Personally, it would be much more productive to discuss the ways we can remove pollution so that we don't all end up with asthma and having to sleep with c-pap machines. That is a present reality that could affect many people who live in larger cities. Years ago, I began researching alternative fuels that would be complementary to the vehicles that we use so that we don't end up with huge landfills because of this. There was a European research institute that was researching hydrocarbon fuel because in theory, you could replicate the chemical structure of gasoline so that it could be sustainable and used in the same cars we use.

I can't remember the name of this place, but it was researching a different source that didn't create the same emissions either. It was very interesting. I briefly tried to find it and found that hydrogen fuel cells are becoming popular and even found an article regarding research that would convert carbon dioxide into a hydrocarbon fuel that could be used in the same cars we presently have that could be sustainable and remove the carbon dioxide in question.

""Our process also has an important advantage over battery or gaseous-hydrogen powered vehicle technologies as many of the hydrocarbon products from our reaction are exactly what we use in cars, trucks and planes, so there would be no need to change the current fuel distribution system," said Frederick MacDonnell, UTA interim chair of chemistry and biochemistry and co-principal investigator of the project." https://newatlas.com/co2-water-hydrocarbon-fuel-uta/41976/

So there is no question that we need to be concerned about the environment, but this concern needs to be centered on solutions to the present effects of pollution and not centered on predicting the future, which could potentially require mediation, which could be exactly what TPTB want in order to justify assuming a greater role of authority over the world.

saintroserosalia

Established
You are right though, there are people on this forum who will defend the misinformation, spread by the elites. You just don't understand that you are one of them.
Very true. I guess it's mainly because most of us have been brought up that way...

Etagloc

Superstar
Actually it's typically the "elites" who are the climate science deniers. Exxon, BP, Shell, Aramco, these are some of the wealthiest companies in the world, and they are the ones who stand to lose fortunes if we shift our energy infrastructure away form fossil fuels.

False. It's the elites who are promoting the global warming hysteria.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
The UN is pushing that bullsh*t but that's not what it's really about. Oh, they will attempt to "manage" the carnage, but by that point it's like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. It's a smokescreen, a maskarova. As far back as the 1950's Edward Teller stated that the problem with CO2 gas was that it trapped heat on Earth and thus raised the surface temperature. This wasn't a theory, it was a fact. Now, when you see millions of tons of rotten vegetation thawing out you should brace for a massive methane emmission. And adding methane to the mix is like pouring fuel on the fire. It will increase the effect exponentially. This will make the methane production problem with the beef industry look like a drop in the bucket. And even though nobody ever listens to the UN anyway, I hear ya. I've seen the videos of UN vehicles in the lots and on the railcars in country. There's a deployment of some kind in place, but really, with Fukushima and the fires and the twisters and the hurricanes and the volcanos and the earthquakes and the epidemics and the depleted uranium and the fracking and the wars and the nukes and the robots and the AI and the corruption and the money grab and the resource grab and the satanists and the "religions" and the HAARP and the DUMBS the only way that plan comes into play is if anyone even survives the surface. And that's not really looking good at this point, if you're into odds and wagers...

Wait. You mean to tell me the people who benefit from these non-renewable resources and the continued plundering of the planet aren't part of the elite?

Because the proposed suggestions to "reduce" that stuff? It's almost like they'd rather you spend time fighting your brother who disagrees with you than actually throwing a wrench into their system...

Hubert

Established
So the leaders of Exxon, Royal Dutch Shell, British Petroleum, and Aramco, who all deny global warming, aren't part of the elites. But thousands of independent university research programs, government agencies, and nonprofit research groups are part of the elites?

Can I buy some pot from you?

Sunshine

Established
Look, guys, the climate of the Earth has been warming and cooling for its entire existence. The latest round of warming started around 12,000 years ago, at the end of the last Ice Age. Was it a catastrophe for the creatures who had evolved in accordance with the environment? More likely than not. But all life didn't cease. Indeed, we came up with a little trick called "agriculture," and henceforth thrived all the way to the present.

It all boils down to one thing: either we adapt, or we die. If that includes the growth of renewable energy sources, that would be awesome. Let us include husbanding our resources more responsibly (which we should be doing anyway!) and building our civilizations with an eye to the least impact on the environment, of course.

But the Elites are using it as yet another tool to sow discord and execute their plan for domination of this dimension of our world. If we are going to find real solutions to maintaining human and other animal populations on the planet, we certainly should not look to them. We need to come up with solutions ourselves.