ginger a healthy herb for our tummys

Serica

Rookie
Yeah I can really recommend Ginger for all kinds of ailments, it really helps me out with my Crohn's dissease.

do yall just buy the root and grind it? or do they sell it as a powder? or i guess just get the tea version?

rainerann

Star
do yall just buy the root and grind it? or do they sell it as a powder? or i guess just get the tea version?
It’s going to taste the best fresh especially if you are going to make tea or use it in cooking, but you will need more of it to get all of the benefits, which can make it strong and overpowering for some people.

You can also use a tincture form, which will be more concentrated; or an essential oil form, but you have to make sure that the brand of essential oil you are using can be ingested. Then you can use less and get more of the properties of the ginger.

I personally don’t like using ginger powder unless I am cooking a meal with it and trying to save time. The flavor is a little different in the same way that all spices taste a little different dried and ground and it is better to use fresh sources whenever possible.

So if I was going to make tea, I would use fresh ginger. Personally, I don’t even mind the ginger pulp, but you can also strain this out. If I just want to supplement, I would use a tincture or an essential oil.

polymoog

Superstar
i mash up the root (fresh, always) and throw it into a cup of warm water and drink it. sometimes ill chew the root and eat it that way. i dont think many can handle it that, but i like to go full strength on everything.
you can put it in a garlic press and crush it that way.

elsbet

Superstar
Ginger and mint tea.. With very little honey
... Works for me during flu.. Helps me breath better
Love mint tea.

I used to get (I think) Tazo Spearmint... or Stash-- cant remember which! I have a hard time finding now though.. just the spearmint, I mean. They always want to give you some blend. :rolleyes:

Hopeful

Star
Love mint tea.

I used to get (I think) Tazo Spearmint... or Stash-- cant remember which! I have a hard time finding now though.. just the spearmint, I mean. They always want to give you some blend. :rolleyes:
Me too..
I use twinings one.. They come in mint and spearmint and a blend of Moroccan mint & cardamom..

And i also make with freshly picked mint leaves .. The aroma gets more nicer

Serica

Rookie
Me too..
I use twinings one.. They come in mint and spearmint and a blend of Moroccan mint & cardamom..

And i also make with freshly picked mint leaves .. The aroma gets more nicer
Be carefull with tea's from brands like twinnings, they are full of pesticides and low grade ingredients. I can recommend Numi tea, it's fully organic with no added adetives or artificial flavours, they got really tasty mint tea as well.

Hopeful

Star
Be carefull with tea's from brands like twinnings, they are full of pesticides and low grade ingredients. I can recommend Numi tea, it's fully organic with no added adetives or artificial flavours, they got really tasty mint tea as well.
Aw.. Thanks for recommending a good tea