Getting tangled in Hebrew Roots?!

Lyfe

Star
The law is a vast system of ordinance, precepts, feasts, circumcision, and sacrifice. It requires that we observe feasts and days and provide offerings, observe the sabbath and not work on the sabbath and much more.

Freeman do you believe Christians are obligated to feasts or to observe days and to be circumcised or is it just some parts of the law we are supposed to keep? Remember it was Christ who said who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven. The law is a whole.

A Freeman

Superstar
The law is a vast system of ordinance, precepts, feasts, circumcision, and sacrifice. It requires that we observe feasts and days and provide offerings, observe the sabbath and not work on the sabbath and much more.
And yet it could be read in its entirety over a weekend, whereas no one on Earth could ever read, even in 10 lifetimes, all of the man-made legislation, policies, rules, "codes", etc. that we've fabricated to make The Law/Commandments of God of no effect.

The Law contains all of the necessary tools to create a perfect society within the first five books of the Bible, namely Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.

Collectively, those books are referred to as The Torah in Hebrew which, in English, means The Law. While The Law contains what is commonly referred to as the 10 Commandments (Exod. 20:3-17, Deut. 5:7-21), which are the basic, universal principles of The Law, the whole of The Moral, National Law is often referred to as "the Commandments" because they are God's COMMANDS to us, given to us to protect us from evil and to set and keep us free.

IF
we kept The Law, as we were COMMANDED to do for our own benefit, and which we all promised to do, we would all be enjoying:

TRUE FREEDOM - under the perfect system of government, where there are no banksters or politicians and their made-up money and rules

TRUE JUSTICE - with the perfect system of justice, where there are no attorneys and black-robed judges administering and enforcing satanic policies, and where everyone is taught and knows The Law

TRUE PEACE - where war is a capital offense

TRUE PROSPERITY - where the perfect economic system ensures there is no crime or poverty

THE TRUE SAFETY AND SECURITY that only God can provide

And the perfect healthy diet, which eliminates all life-ending sickness and disease.

Why would anyone in their right-mind wish to trade such perfection for the obviously imperfect systems of inequity and injustice that oppress everyone today?

Freeman do you believe Christians are obligated to feasts or to observe days and to be circumcised or is it just some parts of the law we are supposed to keep?
The ONLY part of The Law that has been abolished is the ceremonial aspect of The Law, when the Levitical priesthood was reduced from many down to one High-Priest for all-time (Christ - Heb. 6:20), and animal sacrifice was replaced with "self" sacrifice (Matt. 10:38, Mark 8:34, Luke 9:23 and Gal. 2:20) at the cross, exactly as it says.

Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] The Law of Commandments [contained] in Ordinances (circumcision); for to make in himself of twain one new man (John 3:3-7), [so] making peace;

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Everything else remains, in particular the National, Moral Law, with its Commandments, Statutes and Judgments.

And yes, that would include keeping the COMMANDMENT to keep the Sabbath day holy, and to keep the f(e)asts.

Exodus 31:13-16
31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily My Sabbaths ye shall keep: for it [is] a "Sign" between Me and you throughout your generations; that [ye] may know that I [am] the "I AM" that doth sanctify you.
31:14 Ye shall keep the Sabbath therefore; for it [is] holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth [any] work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
31:15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh [is] the Sabbath of rest, holy to the "I AM": whosoever doeth [any] work in the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
31:16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, [for] a perpetual Covenant.

John 17:3 And THIS is Life Eternal, that they might KNOW Thee the ONLY True God, AND Christ the Saviour, whom Thou hast sent.

Remember it was Christ who said who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven. The law is a whole.
???

Christ didn't set aside The Law or ANY Commandments.

This is what Christ actually said:-

Matthew 5:17-19
5:17 Think NOT that I am come to destroy The Law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill [pleroo - fully preach The Law (The Torah) and fulfill the prophecies about the first coming of the Messiah].
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no way pass from The Law, till all be fulfilled.
5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least COMMANDments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called THE LEAST in The Kingdom of heaven*: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in The Kingdom of heaven.

*the lowest of the low in God's Eyes

Has heaven and earth passed away?

Do you really believe DOING God's Will would ever involve disobeying God (sinning), i.e. break His Perfect Law of Liberty?

Lyfe

Star
The Jerusalem council in Acts 15 concluded that the gentiles were under no obligation to keep their jewish law.

Acts 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command [them] to keep the law of Moses.
Acts 15:6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.
Acts 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men [and] brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Acts 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as [he did] unto us;
Acts 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Acts 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Acts 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
Acts 15:12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.
Acts 15:13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men [and] brethren, hearken unto me:
Acts 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
Acts 15:15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
Acts 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
Acts 15:17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.
Acts 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.
Acts 15:19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
Acts 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and [from] fornication, and [from] things strangled, and [from] blood.
Acts 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.
Acts 15:22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; [namely], Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:
Acts 15:23 And they wrote [letters] by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren [send] greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:
Acts 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, [Ye must] be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no [such] commandment:

The law plus Christ is the same gospel that Paul had rebuked in Galatians. If you rebuild what Christ had fulfilled and completed you are essentially making one out to be transgressors all over again, because under the law there can only be imputed sin.

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Gal 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, [is] therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
Gal 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness [come] by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed [is] every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, [it is] evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed [is] every one that hangeth on a tree:

Gal 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

If you tell others to keep the law, you are a debtor to do the whole law yourself and are not able to pick and choose which areas you desire to keep. In fact if you stumble in one area you are just as much a transgressor as someone who fails in multiple aspects of keeping the law. There is only imputed sin and thus condemntation under the law. As Paul writes in Romans the law works wrath.

Gal 6:12 As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.
Gal 6:13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

How can you as someone who doesnt keep the law tell other Christians to keep the law?

2Cor 3:3 [Forasmuch as ye are] manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
2Cor 3:4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
2Cor 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency [is] of God;
2Cor 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
2Cor 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written [and] engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which [glory] was to be done away:
2Cor 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
2Cor 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation [be] glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
2Cor 3:10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
2Cor 3:11 For if that which is done away [was] glorious, much more that which remaineth [is] glorious.
2Cor 3:12 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:
2Cor 3:13 And not as Moses, [which] put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to [her] husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of [her] husband.
Rom 7:3 So then if, while [her] husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, [even] to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Jerusalem council in Acts 15 concluded that the gentiles were under no obligation to keep their jewish law.
No, they didn't. And The Torah (The Law) isn't "Jewish" law either. It is The Law given to us by The King Ruler of the Universe.

Deuteronomy 29:9-15
29:9 Keep therefore the words of this Covenant, and DO them, that ye may prosper in all that ye do.
29:10 Ye stand this day all of you before the "I AM" your God; your captains of your tribes, your elders, and your officers, [with] all the men of Israel,
29:11 Your little ones, your wives, and thy stranger that [is] in thy camp, from the hewer of thy wood unto the drawer of thy water:
29:12 That thou shouldest enter into Covenant with the "I AM" thy God, and into His Oath, which the "I AM" thy God maketh with thee this day:
29:13 That He may establish thee to day for a people unto Himself, and [that] He may be unto thee a God, as He hath said unto thee, and as He hath sworn unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob/Israel.
29:14 Neither with you only do I make this Covenant and this Oath;
29:15 But with [him] that standeth here with us this day before the "I AM" our God, and also with [him] that [is] not here with us this day [thy children, in PERPETUITY]:

How could a group of men decide who should obey God and who shouldn't? And what did they all actually agree upon?

Acts 5:29 Then Peter and the [other] Apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

The law plus Christ is the same gospel that Paul had rebuked in Galatians. If you rebuild what Christ had fulfilled and completed you are essentially making one out to be transgressors all over again, because under the law there can only be sin.
But that isn't what Paul rebuked in Galatians, is it? It's what most "Christians" mistakenly believe they can use as an excuse to continue to sin (break The Law) with impunity. No wonder Peter warned that the unlearned and unstable would wrest the simplest concepts in Scripture TO THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION (2 Pet. 3:16), which is exactly what you're doing.

It's really this simple: if we obey God and His Law, we are His Children.
If we obey Satan and his ministers, i.e. the priests, pastors, rabbis and imams, etc. of his organized religions, then we are his children.
We are the children of Whom/whom we choose to obey.

SIN IS BREAKING THE LAW (1 John 3:4).
THE WAGES OF SIN ARE DEATH (Ezek. 18:4, 20, Rom. 6:23)

Reread what you've just quoted from Galatians understanding the following basic precepts:

1) that "the works of The Law" that Paul referred to are the animal sacrifices found in the ordinances, which were replaced with self-sacrifice exactly as both Christ and Paul said ("self" crucifixion DAILY - Matt. 10:38, Mark 8:34, Luke 9:23 and Gal. 2:20);

2) "the works of The Law" that Paul referred to could not possibly be referring to doing good (Godly) works, as defined in The Law, because Paul would have been contradicting himself (and the rest of Scripture, e.g. Eph. 2:8-10); and

3) "being under The Law" is a direct reference to being under THE CURSE of The Law, WHICH IS THE PENALTY CLAUSE FOR NOT KEEPING THE LAW (Deut. 28:15-68);

If you tell others to keep the law, you are a debtor to do the whole law yourself and are not able to pick and choose which areas you desire to keep. In fact if you stumble in one area you are just as much a transgressor as someone who fails in multiple aspects of keeping the law. There is only sin and condemntation under the law. As Paul writes in Romans the law works wrath.
Again, everything you've just said is based upon MISUNDERSTANDING the letters of Paul, and assuming that they contradict or supersede the teachings of Christ.

How can we be absolutely certain of that? By comparing your claims to what it actually says in Scripture.

1 John 2:1-7
2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2:2 And he is the atonement for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.
2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, IF we keep His Commandments.
2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth NOT His Commandments, is a LIAR, and the truth is NOT in him.
2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old Commandment which ye had from the Beginning. The old Commandment is The Word which ye have heard from the Beginning.

1 John 3:4-10
3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also The Law: for sin is the transgression of The Law.
3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our (past) sins; and in him is no sin.
3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he (Christ) is righteous.
3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the Beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever DOETH NOT righteousness is NOT of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

1 John 5:2-3
5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and KEEP His Commandments.
5:3 For THIS is the love of God, that we KEEP His Commandments: and His Commandments are NOT grievous.

How can you as someone who doesnt keep the law tell other Christians to keep the law?
Why would you assume another isn't keeping The Law? And why shouldn't everyone be told to keep The Law as Christ COMMANDS us to do?

Anyone who doesn't come to their senses and learn to keep The Law is going to burn. There will be absolutely NO exceptions, as we've been warned for thousands of years.

Malachi 4
4:1 For, behold, the Day cometh, that shall burn like an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the "I AM" Lord of hosts, that it shall leave of them neither root nor branch (nothing).
4:2 But unto you that fear My name shall the Sun of Righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in The Day that I shall do [this], saith the "I AM" Lord of hosts.
4:4 Remember ye and return to The Law of Moses My servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, [with] the Statutes and Judgments.
4:5 Behold, I will send you EliJAH the Prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful Day of the "I AM" (Sura 43:61):
4:6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse (see verse 4:1 above for details of the curse).

Revelation 20:12-15
20:12 And I saw the "Dead", small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another Book was opened, which is [the Book] of Life: and the "Dead" were judged out of those things which were written in the Books, according to their works.
20:13 And the "sea" gave up the "Dead" which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their WORKS.
20:14 And death and hell were cast into the "Lake of Fire". This is the second death.
20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the "Lake of Fire".

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and ALL LIARS, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with Fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth NOT His Commandments, is a LIAR, and the truth is NOT in him.

John 14:15 If ye love me, KEEP my COMMANDments.

John 14:21-24
14:21 He that hath my COMMANDments, and KEEPETH them, HE it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
14:22 Jude saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will obey my words: and my Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
14:24 He that loveth me not obeyeth not my sayings: and the Truth which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
The law gives the knowledge of sin, but it is not the righteousness of God. The true righteousness of God existed before the law was even given and it has always been this righteousness in which one is justified before God.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
Gal 3:17 And this I say, [that] the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance [be] of the law, [it is] no more of promise: but God gave [it] to Abraham by promise.
Gal 3:19 Wherefore then [serveth] the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; [and it was] ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
Gal 3:20 Now a mediator is not [a mediator] of one, but God is one.
Gal 3:21 [Is] the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster [to bring us] unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Rom 10:4 For Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

You are placing preeminence on the ministration of death, written [and] engraven in stones which was never the reality, but a foreshadow of the reality which is Christ and the ministration of the holy spirit and pointing people backwards to the shadow that testified of the reality and not the reality in itself. Its as scripture says the ministration of the law has no glory in contrast to the ministration of the spirit, which was always the reality. You cant please God in the flesh. We can only do so by being in the spirit and its the only true means in which we can worship and serve God.

Phil 3:1 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed [is] not grievous, but for you [it is] safe.
Phil 3:2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.
Phil 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Its why Paul wrote

Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

The ministration of the holy spirit and new covenant was always the reality whereas the law was the foreshadow of that reality, it testified of that reality. The law cant make you perfect before God or justify you before God, because by the works of the law no man is justifed for all are under sin. It was meant to keep us before the perfect would come, which is the ministration of the holy spirit. Circumcision or uncircumcision counts for nothing, but all that matters is a new creation. The worshippers of God must worship him in SPIRIT and truth.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Gal 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
Gal 5:23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

You either revert back to the shadowy substance of the reality which is the law or you are born again by the holy spirit and made a new creature in christ where the old man under the power and dominion and governance of sin is no more you are led by spirit, which is liberty from the law and sin.

2Cor 3:13 And not as Moses, [which] put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
2Cor 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which [vail] is done away in Christ.
2Cor 3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
2Cor 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
2Cor 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty.

The spirit will not lead one back to bondage as Paul refers to the law of Moses or back to the ministration of death and condemnation.

A Freeman

Superstar
It's the veil that is done away with, NOT The Law.

Bondage is to SIN, that people sell themselves back into when they are deceived into breaking The Law (or believing the LIE that we cannot keep The Law).

Anyone who claims they know Christ, but are still sinning/breaking The Law is a LIAR, and the Truth is NOT in them. It's impossible to be in the Spirit of the Lord or to worship Father (God) as one's true, spiritual self, and continue in sin.

Lefort3000

Rookie
I'm ending this here. You are very wrong and don't know what you're talking about although you think you do sadly. I pray that God reveals the truth to you. I know that the whole Bible is the Word of God and message of God to us. There are no contradictions and I pray that you stop going further down this very dangerous road. If you don't believe one part, very soon you won't believe all of it if you don't turn back on the right path. Dismissing God's chosen people, in this case case Paul, who was chosen to write most of the New Testament is you dismissing God too. This is about our eternal destinies don't forget. Bye and God bless.
Well you're doing what your master Paul possibly said you should do:

As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

Ill stick with the Gospels, Revelation, OT, and non Pauline epistles to a lesser extent. You can stick with Paul. Paul isnt bad if you use him as a second class source compared to the rest of the Bible. However his teachings are undoubtedly the reason for much doctrinal dispute as well as lies like faith alone salvation.

You have very little proof to guard against what I say, just blind faith.

Lyfe

Star
It's the veil that is done away with, NOT The Law.

Bondage is to SIN, that people sell themselves back into when they are deceived into breaking The Law (or believing the LIE that we cannot keep The Law).

Anyone who claims they know Christ, but are still sinning/breaking The Law is a LIAR, and the Truth is NOT in them. It's impossible to be in the Spirit of the Lord or to worship Father (God) as one's true, spiritual self, and continue in sin.
I walk in the power and liberty of the holy ghost which has set me free from the law of sin and death. The spirit bears his fruit through me. I thank the lord for his spirit so that I dont need to serve in the oldness of the letter in the power of the flesh. Amen

TokiEl

Superstar
I walk in the power and liberty of the holy ghost which has set me free from the law of sin and death. The spirit bears his fruit through me. I thank the lord for his spirit so that I dont need to serve in the oldness of the letter in the power of the flesh. Amen
The law is love God and our neighbour.

How do we love God ? By obeying Jesus commandments.

How do we love our neighbour ? By not killing stealing cheating adultering and perjuring him.

Lyfe

Star
The laws emphasis is on external obedience. The ministration of the holy spirit's emphasis is on inward renewal and regeneration, inward supernatural transformation made in the likeness and image of Jesus Christ through the holy spirit.

There is a difference between obediance outwardly and the holy spirit changing a man inwardly and supernaturally into the image of Christ so that he is at the core of their person. In such there is no law. I pray that more teaching and emphasis would be done to give realization of this. Telling a Christian to keep the law means nothing. He must be born again. All that matters is a new creation as Paul says.

TokiEl

Superstar
Telling a Christian to keep the law means nothing. He must be born again. All that matters is a new creation as Paul says.
Saying one is born again means nothing... when one does not understand that obedience to Jesus commands is required.

Lyfe

Star
You misunderstand. I would study what regeneration is and the working of the holy spirit.

Lyfe

Star
God predestined us to be conformed to the image of Christ. The holy spirit does this. Not the law written on stone tablets.

Lyfe

Star
Well, between you and God...

Have you prayed today? Have you spent more than 20 minutes in alone time with God today? Have you gotten into the scriptures and read the word today? Have you spoke to anyone about the gospel of Jesus Christ within the last week? Have you praised or thanked God in person today?

If not so then you have not obeyed...

Matt 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

All these things should not come from obligation to obedience, but rather the leading, teaching, and desires of the holy ghost. Unless you dont know that Christ is IN you and it is HIM that brings forth this fruit by nature and not outward obediance by obligation?

Lyfe

Star
Furthermore can you say in all honesty that you have loved God with all your heart, mind, and soul at all times of the day today? Can you tell me that you have loved your neighbor as yourself today without fail, including the members here on the VC?

Lefort3000

Rookie
On the subject of Paul, who said "it is not 'I' that lives, but Christ Who lives in me" (Gal. 2:20), from the disciple Peter:-

2 Peter 3:10-18
3:10 But The Day of The Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the Earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
3:11 [Seeing] then [that] all these things shall be dissolved, what manner [of persons] ought ye to be in [all] holy conversation and Godliness,
3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of The Day of God, wherein the "heavens" being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
3:13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new Earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found by Him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
3:15 And account [that] the longsuffering of our Lord [is] salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the Wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
3:16 As also in all [his] epistles (letters), speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as [they do] also the other Scriptures, unto their OWN destruction.
3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know [these things] before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness.
3:18 But grow in grace, and [in] the Knowledge of our Lord and Christ the Saviour. To him [be] glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Paul is often misquoted and misunderstood, particularly by so-called Christians, who misinterpret the letters of Paul to give them the freedom to sin (break The Law) with impunity.

Paul, like his Master/Teacher Christ, did NOT do away with The Law (Matt. 5:17:20), which is why Paul plainly stated:

1) he himself was keeping The Law (Rom. 7:25),
2) that The Law is holy, just and good (Rom. 7:12),
3) that he was establishing The Law wherever he went (Rom. 3:31), and
4) that only DOERS of The Law would be justified (Rom. 2:13).
The thing about Paul is his writing was probably the most convoluted stuff in the Bible. That said, it definitely seems like he was anti Law. Heres a link on this:

Lefort3000

Rookie

Acts 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command [them] to keep the law of Moses.
Acts 15:6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.
Acts 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men [and] brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Acts 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as [he did] unto us;
Acts 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Acts 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Acts 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
Acts 15:12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.
Acts 15:13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men [and] brethren, hearken unto me:
Acts 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
Acts 15:15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
Acts 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
Acts 15:17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.
Acts 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.
Acts 15:19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
Acts 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and [from] fornication, and [from] things strangled, and [from] blood.
Acts 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.
Acts 15:22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; [namely], Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:
Acts 15:23 And they wrote [letters] by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren [send] greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:
Acts 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, [Ye must] be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no [such] commandment:

The law plus Christ is the same gospel that Paul had rebuked in Galatians. If you rebuild what Christ had fulfilled and completed you are essentially making one out to be transgressors all over again, because under the law there can only be imputed sin.

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Gal 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, [is] therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
Gal 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness [come] by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed [is] every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, [it is] evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed [is] every one that hangeth on a tree:

Gal 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

If you tell others to keep the law, you are a debtor to do the whole law yourself and are not able to pick and choose which areas you desire to keep. In fact if you stumble in one area you are just as much a transgressor as someone who fails in multiple aspects of keeping the law. There is only imputed sin and thus condemntation under the law. As Paul writes in Romans the law works wrath.

Gal 6:12 As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.
Gal 6:13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

2Cor 3:3 [Forasmuch as ye are] manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
2Cor 3:4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
2Cor 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency [is] of God;
2Cor 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
2Cor 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written [and] engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which [glory] was to be done away:
2Cor 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
2Cor 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation [be] glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
2Cor 3:10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
2Cor 3:11 For if that which is done away [was] glorious, much more that which remaineth [is] glorious.
Verse 24 in Acts 15 is a fabrication, heres a link on this: https://jesuswordsonly.com/topicindex/426-paul-on-the-law.html

Also, it seems like non Jews/Israelites did not have to follow all the commands of Mosaic law, as they can be considered as "sojourners", so some of the stuff may not apply to them. Perhaps this is wrong, Idk

This is also exemplified by the ruling of the Apostles on the Law. "But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and [from] fornication, and [from] things strangled, and [from] blood."

Afterwards tehey are told to learn more from synagogues.