Getting divorced as a Christian

Vixy

Star
a sin? are you really asking this?
What the hells wrong with you? This is a respectful question from a serious person. How dare you mock her?!

Carrieh: I know the bible says if you get divorced you should stay alone afterwards because til death do you part and what god has welded together, man shallent rip apart. But trust me, its better being alone for life than with a man like that.

Hugs, sweetie! <3

Carrieh76

Rookie
Why are you even asking this here? Seriously, you know the answer. Are you seeking validation from strangers because to talk to your attorney and doctor is too much?!?!?? Go to bible hub and look up the reasons for divorce and measure your marriage against them. Don’t be codependent and enabling when your spouse is clearly not wanting to change and is a threat to you. Also you may want to consider getting a restraining order.
I got a restraining order and I just wanted to talk to people that I like in the forum. People talk about all kinds of stuff on here. May I ask why you are barking out negativity to me? It’s just a post and a lot of people here know a lot about the Bible so I wanted some feedback, so I guess I asked for this even the negative so okay thanks for yours, have a nice day.

Lisa

Superstar
Im not an expert, but I would have a look at 1 Corinthians 7:15. By his repeated actions, your husband has chosen to become separated from you - at least that is my interpretation of it. He is not fulfilling the role of a loving, dutiful husband as God expects him to, nor is he fulfilling the vows he made to you.
You absolutely must put your safety first in this situation, as well as that of any children that might be involved.
The best thing to do is pray...ask God for guidance and believe that He will give it to you. He’s the One who knows what Carrieh should do..we don’t.

MP3D

Established
What the hells wrong with you? This is a respectful question from a serious person. How dare you mock her?!

Carrieh: I know the bible says if you get divorced you should stay alone afterwards because til death do you part and what god has welded together, man shallent rip apart. But trust me, its better being alone for life than with a man like that.

Hugs, sweetie! <3
im your neighbor, love me!

AlcyoneSong

Established
I got a restraining order and I just wanted to talk to people that I like in the forum. People talk about all kinds of stuff on here. May I ask why you are barking out negativity to me? It’s just a post and a lot of people here know a lot about the Bible so I wanted some feedback, so I guess I asked for this even the negative so okay thanks for yours, have a nice day.
Wow yeah okay. Me being negative because you are posting v personal stuff on a public forum? Wake up buttercup, this isn’t therapy. You need to get some actual help from a therapist not air out shit on a public forum because you wanna be an attention whore. God this is a bad attempt at trolling.

AlcyoneSong

Established
The best thing to do is pray...ask God for guidance and believe that He will give it to you. He’s the One who knows what Carrieh should do..we don’t.
Then maybe she should take it up with a therapist not air it online at a secular forum. This is a secular forum...

Lisa

Superstar
Then maybe she should take it up with a therapist not air it online at a secular forum. This is a secular forum...
There are Christians here..but the answer is prayer. God knows what she should do.

AlcyoneSong

Established
There are Christians here..but the answer is prayer. God knows what she should do.
Prayer yes getting actual qualified help is also a valid answer. Coming to a conspiracy forum for validation seems a bit odd, even if there are Christians here maybe you can refer her to a Christian councilling service instead of the half-assed prayer comment without something to actually help her.

Lisa

Superstar
Prayer yes getting actual qualified help is also a valid answer. Coming to a conspiracy forum for validation seems a bit odd, even if there are Christians here maybe you can refer her to a Christian councilling service instead of the half-assed prayer comment without something to actually help her.
Prayer is not half assed...its the power of God.

AlcyoneSong

Established
Prayer is not half assed...its the power of God.
Thoughts and Prayers... but nothing to actually help.
so, here is a start/

And another:
This is just a start.

Hon33

Veteran
I don’t know what she should do - I made that clear.
However, she should consider her safety and that of her children as a priority, which I’m sure she will.
I don’t think people in glass houses should throw stones. So only whenever I am perfect, will I be in a position to judge someone else. Given that I’m unlikely to achieve that in this world...as you rightly suggest, I will reserve judgement.

Lisa

Superstar
Thoughts and Prayers... but nothing to actually help.
so, here is a start/

And another:
This is just a start.
Is Christian counseling an oxymoron when it uses humanistic thinking?

Actual Christian counseling is urging Christians to pray about their situation and ask God to help them. Idk how long this person has been a Christian or if she has been..or how long she has been praying to God. God does help people.

I don’t know what she should do - I made that clear.
However, she should consider her safety and that of her children as a priority, which I’m sure she will.
I don’t think people in glass houses should throw stones. So only whenever I am perfect, will I be in a position to judge someone else. Given that I’m unlikely to achieve that in this world...as you rightly suggest, I will reserve judgement.
You did make suggestions on what you thought she should do...the first thing God did with me was to stop me from giving advice ...what do I know anyway? The only thing I know for sure is to take everything to God for Him to guide you.

AlcyoneSong

Established
I dunno a well aimed stone could knock some common sense into her. Sure if I get cut, it'll be another cut to add to my collection of scars. Posting personal stuff on a public forum then getting butt hurt because someone is telling her to go get professional counseling is a red flag. Guess I've been on the net so long I'm a tad jaded. Anyways I posted links above. Maybe they will help. I did a google search so I wish this person all the best.

Also Lisa... you crazy. Okay. There are legit Christian therapists out there who will not only guide her but have a God given gift to help her navigate the emotional, spiritual, and actual baggage. Prayer without action is just words.

Lisa

Superstar
I dunno a well aimed stone could knock some common sense into her. Sure if I get cut, it'll be another cut to add to my collection of scars. Posting personal stuff on a public forum then getting butt hurt because someone is telling her to go get professional counseling is a red flag. Guess I've been on the net so long I'm a tad jaded. Anyways I posted links above. Maybe they will help. I did a google search so I wish this person all the best.

Also Lisa... you crazy. Okay. There are legit Christian therapists out there who will not only guide her but have a God given gift to help her navigate the emotional, spiritual, and actual baggage. Prayer without action is just words.
All Christian have the Holy Spirit that guides them...why would she need a human then?

Prayer is inviting God into your situation and asking Him for help..that’s not inconsequential
Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

The peace that passes understanding is pretty powerful.