German healthcare works with alternative medicine

Lurker

Star
Sorry, german word for salary is "Lohn" which sound similar to lone, therefore I just wrote loan instead of salary. Will edit my posts.

I mean the money you get monthly, salary.
So you're just paying for it like we do? Would have to do the math, but more up front instead of more on the back end?

TruthSucker

Established
So you're just paying for it like we do? Would have to do the math, but more up front instead of more on the back end?
Yeah of course. Front instead of back end? What does that mean? You mean how much 8% is related to fix costs and living costs?

TruthSucker

Established
When we actually go to the doctor would be the back end (copay). I still need to do the math. It's likely Americans pay more on both ends.
Like I said, it depends on if you become sick or not and how hard it hits you. How's it working in the US with Obama Care? Let's say you have to get a new heart, just an expensive example. Is there a monthly paying and if yes, how much?

Lurker

Star
Like I said, it depends on if you become sick or not and how hard it hits you. How's it working in the US with Obama Care? Let's say you have to get a new heart, just an expensive example. Is there a monthly paying and if yes, how much?
Here we can choose to buy insurance (employers usually pay part) or not and take the ACA penalty for not. Even with insurance we pay a sizable amount to the point of service (Dr., x-ray whatnot). To get a better understanding, we should compare other costs. A gallon of gas, milk, sales tax, income tax and things of that nature.

I'll start. Gas about 2.85 USD a gallon. And family insurance through work about 100 USD a week plus up to 30 percent when you go to the doctor.

TruthSucker

Established
This is a hard one, it's not that easy you know? Income taxes are calculated on how much you earn a year. From 14% to 42%.

This is just an example of what you have to pay with an average income: https://www.jobware.de/Gehaltsrechner.html#showResult

Bruttolohn (montly income before taxes):
3.000,00 Euro

Lohnsteuer (income tax):
422,25 Euro

Solidaritätszuschlag (solidarity payment for ex DDR):
23,22 Euro

Kirchensteuer (church tax if you're in it):
38,00 Euro

Summe Steuern (total taxes):
483,47 Euro

Rentenversicherung (pension insurance):
279,00 Euro

Arbeitslosenversicherung (unemployement insurance):
45,00 Euro

Krankenversicherung (medical insurance):
252,00 Euro

Pflegeversicherung (care insurance):
45,75 Euro

Summe Abgaben (total fees):
621,75 Euro

Nettolohn (what you hold in your hand after all):
1.894,78 Euro

Lets say a normal 3 rooms apartment is about 700€ - 800€ in the bigger citys. Maybe 500€ - 600€ in smaller ones, in average.

1€ = 1,15$
1 liter = 0,26 gallons

Gas is around 1,50€ right now for one liter (!), would be 6,90$ a gallon
Car insurance is around 550€ a year depending on how much accidents you cause (~52$ a month)
One liter milk is around 0,60€ cheap and 1,20€ expensive (Bio, meaning no gen-manipulated food and some other stuff) - makes 2,76$ or 5,52$ a gallon
Cigarettes are about 6€ (6,90$) for 20
Alcohol is cheap as fuck if you want bad one, Jack Daniels 1 Liter is around 26€ (1 gallon 120$)
Cheeseburger at McDonalds is 1,20€ (1,38$) I think
A normal jeans is around 50€ (57,50$)

Vixy

Star
Sorry, german word for salary is "Lohn" which sound similar to lone, therefore I just wrote loan instead of salary. Will edit my posts.

I mean the money you get monthly, salary.
Interesting, in swedish its called Lön. german and swedish are very similar. Sprechen sie deutsch?

TruthSucker

Established
Interesting, in swedish its called Lön. german and swedish are very similar. Sprechen sie deutsch?
Ja klar spreche ich deutsch.

There are many similarities, may it be german, english, french, spanish, italian, dutch, scandinavian I don't know but you say so. I think it's the Romans fault with their latin.

Vixy

Star
Ja klar spreche ich deutsch.

There are many similarities, may it be german, english, french, spanish, italian, dutch, scandinavian I don't know but you say so. I think it's the Romans fault with their latin.
Roe sich! Ich been klein gut with german. (..was that even a sentence?)