George Soros Transfers $18 Billion To Open Society Foundations

Thunderian

Superstar
What do you think his game is? What's Soros trying to do?

Left-wing billionaire George Soros has transferred $18 billion to his Open Society Foundations, the primary vehicle for his global political activism and philanthropy.

The transfer, according to the Wall Street Journal, accounts for most of Soros’s foundation, which he accrued through a controversial career as an investor. The Journalnotes: “Open Society has vaulted to the top ranks of philanthropic organizations, appearing to become the second largest in the U.S. by assets after the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, based on 2014 figures from the National Philanthropic Trust.”

Soros, who is 87, transferred the funds as part of a plan to make sure his activism continues after he retires or passes away. $18 billion is roughly three times the amount of money spent by all parties, in all races, during the 2016 election cycle, according to Open Secrets. Though not all of the Open Society Foundations’ activities will be focused on the United States, Soros’ grant easily makes his organization the biggest player on the American political scene.

Globally, Soros is involved in efforts to make Ireland pro-abortion, to demonize the Israeli government, and to promote migration from the Muslim world into Europe across open borders.

Though Soros’s foundation was originally aimed at fostering “open societies” as opposed to authoritarian systems, in recent years the foundation’s work has supported dogmatic, aggressive left-wing groups that disrupt liberal democracy and stifle opposing voices. Soros has funded the Black Lives Matter movement and is considering bankrolling the so-called “resistance” to President Donald Trump. He also backs Media Matters, a so-called “watchdog” group that spends most of its energy trying to eliminate conservatives from the media.

Soros recently named former ambassador and Democratic National Committee official Patrick Gaspard as president of the Open Society Foundations as of the end of 2017.

link

Aero

Superstar
Only 18 billion? The CEO of Amazon is worth like 65 billion.

Having the money under a charity doesn't offer any benefit. Unless he's trying to send a message. But I don't know what that is. I don't think anyone is scared of Soros's money. He's barely in the top 30 richest people.

elsbet

Superstar

Having the money under a charity doesn't offer any benefit. Unless he's trying to send a message. But I don't know what that is. I don't think anyone is scared of Soros's money. He's barely in the top 30 richest people.
Few donate almost 80%. It's *his* charity, I believe... how unfortunate he uses it to create chaos, instead of helping people, as he claims.

Thunderian

Superstar

$18 billion is nothing to sneeze at, and when he's funding things like BLM and Antifa, it's a concern, no matter where he sits on the billionaire table.

Aero

Superstar
I'm no fan of Soros, and I didn't mean to sound skeptical.

I just don't get why you aren't worried about Mark Zuckerburg? He could buy Soros, and he wants us all to be sitting in virtual reality facebook. They promote all the garbage news and sell all of your personal information to advertisers. Wait a few years and someone on Facebook can download your life. And play you in virtual reality.

elsbet

Superstar
I'm no fan of Soros, and I didn't mean to sound skeptical.

I just don't get why you aren't worried about Mark Zuckerburg? He could buy Soros, and he wants us all to be sitting in virtual reality facebook. They promote all the garbage news and sell all of your personal information to advertisers. Wait a few years and someone on Facebook can download your life. And play you in virtual reality.
Good point -- because they're both a threat.
I don't face/book. o_O

Aero

Superstar
It's outrageous some of the things people are letting slip by. Like how is BLM more of a threat than, Amazon robots replacing humans. Or Facebook virtual reality addiction?

You think you are fighting against Soros in some crusade, but you are playing the game he wants. You are falling right into the hands of the real multinational corporations who run things. It's like some of you are still stuck in Obama era urban legends.

Don't be stationary. Obama is gone, he's done. Half his stuff is getting rolled back by Trump. The democratic party is fractured and in shambles. So what's the freaking deal?

Aero

Superstar
ROFL I'm not changing the topics.

Some of you are talking about Soros, so I'm just "challenging" your words. So let's hear about Soros

TMT

Star
It's outrageous some of the things people are letting slip by. Like how is BLM more of a threat than, Amazon robots replacing humans. Or Facebook virtual reality addiction?

You think you are fighting against Soros in some crusade, but you are playing the game he wants. You are falling right into the hands of the real multinational corporations who run things. It's like some of you are still stuck in Obama era urban legends.

Don't be stationary. Obama is gone, he's done. Half his stuff is getting rolled back by Trump. The democratic party is fractured and in shambles. So what's the freaking deal?

Soros is just a convenient Jew scapegoat for people's anger.

The Zone

Star
ROFL I'm not changing the topics.

Some of you are talking about Soros, so I'm just "challenging" your words. So let's hear about Soros
Yet when somebody challenges your words, you go into victim-hood and off the deep end. Double standard?

Aero

Superstar
Yet when somebody challenges your words, you go into victim-hood and off the deep end. Double standard?
Well that's what happens when you challenge things people can't prove. Like nobody here can prove demons exist. Nobody can prove that alternate dimensions are real. Nobody can prove Mk Ultra is still a thing. So you are going to get resistance and put people on the defensive in any case.

In this thread, I'm challenging their opinions about a man who is actually real. The burden of proof isn't very high. I just want to hear with their own words, why Soros is this big bad wolf. And also I've given you plenty of explanations for my words. It's just never good enough for the King of the message boards over here. How long have you been posting on VC?