George Floyd/Protests/Peace/Riots/Chaos

I think some have a tough time coming to terms with reality as it erodes the validity of their world view. To save face, instead of admitting their errors and abandoning their own delusions, it becomes more tempting to obfuscate the obvious and blur the lines between objective reality and their ideologically distorted interpretation of it, by trying to camouflage their biases with a false sense of neutrality.

I suppose it could work on some, however pitiful it seems to others, myself included.

Lurking009

Star
Disagreeing with you and asking you to support your accusations isn't trolling, and it's not passive-aggressive. I'm literally just asking you to back up what you said, and it shouldn't be this difficult for you. If you can't, then the accusations are false... and they clearly are.

Which post did @Thunderian say this? I need to see the context.

There is video and audio of the police blocking the exit, so at this point you can't absolutely confirm what happened and neither can I. Hence I used 'IF'. It's actually beside the point. I've already stated the following to you in post #4,771 and #4,803:

"Shutting down traffic is dangerous no matter who does it. If you had given anyone a chance, I'm pretty sure most would have agreed. But your first reaction was hysteria and assumptions."

"If the Trump caravan was purposely blocking traffic, WHO ON THIS THREAD HAS CONDONED IT?"

Do I need to reword that so you understand it? You keep banging on this point and DISTRACTING from your initial false premise that 'everyone' condoned it.

Can you explain where I've done this? Please include the post #'s for context.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Are you saying you didn't really mean 'Your all a bunch of hypocrites' when you said 'Your all a bunch of hypocrites'?

When I asked you to show us WHO in this thread condoned the traffic block, you didn't and still haven't. So, who here were you referring to specifically?
Still waiting @justjess

Lurking009

Star

Lurking009

Star

Irony. The fascists calling for death to fascism... and an end to the liberalism that enables it.

It was liberalism that allowed these movements to blossom and flourish. I wonder if liberals are aware yet that they are now in the "bad" category. Sorry, libs. You're not hip, cool, or edgy anymore.

They're also calling for an end to the country giving them the freedom to march and scream insanities.

Comments:

"Can anyone shouting “No USA at all” be shown to the door please?! I say we swap for some of the immigrants wanting to get in for a chance at a better future for their fam be aloud to come in and take their place."

"It’s funny to see fascists trying to end fascism"

"You earned this one Denver"

"They forgot their most important tenet “No work, free stuff now!”."

"Just be honest and chant "new world order"."

"They sowed it, now they can reap it. They voted for this, and soon they will have it."

Last edited:

Lurking009

Star

"This week, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced the drafting of a new piece of legislation that would expand the state’s Stand Your Ground law. He is calling the legislation an “anti-mob” bill and it seems specifically targeted at the Black lives Matter movement and the ongoing protests against police brutality that have swept across the United States in recent months."

It allows for vigilantes to justify their actions. It also allows for death to be the punishment for a property crime — and that is cruel and unusual punishment. We cannot live in a lawless society where taking a life is done so casually and recklessly.”

"The legislation also includes other measures that would give immunity to citizens who hurt or injure protesters who are blocking the road. The bill would make it a third-degree felony to block traffic and give immunity to drivers who kill or injure protesters that were blocking the road."

justjess

Superstar

"This week, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced the drafting of a new piece of legislation that would expand the state’s Stand Your Ground law. He is calling the legislation an “anti-mob” bill and it seems specifically targeted at the Black lives Matter movement and the ongoing protests against police brutality that have swept across the United States in recent months."

It allows for vigilantes to justify their actions. It also allows for death to be the punishment for a property crime — and that is cruel and unusual punishment. We cannot live in a lawless society where taking a life is done so casually and recklessly.”

"The legislation also includes other measures that would give immunity to citizens who hurt or injure protesters who are blocking the road. The bill would make it a third-degree felony to block traffic and give immunity to drivers who kill or injure protesters that were blocking the road."
I really really hope you aren’t supporting that.

Lurking009

Star
I really really hope you aren’t supporting that.
I posted it as information for further discussion, if anyone is interested. I neither agree or disagree with all of it.

Here's what I do support:

- Ability to legally defend your life, family, and property. No one has the right to murder people and destroy homes and businesses.The general public does not have to accept lawlessness in a country of laws. If criminals choose to murder and destroy, they need to accept the potential consequences of their victims protecting themselves.

- Ability to legally defend yourself and family while driving on public streets/highways. Innocent people do not have to accept being threatened, dragged out of their cars and beaten to death. If criminals choose to beat and murder people in their cars, they need to accept the potential consequence of their victims protecting themselves.

- Felony crime for any group obstructing traffic: Yes, and it's long past due.

justjess

Superstar
So your fine with extra judicial death penalties for non capital crimes? Point one of what you agree with..: that’s what it boils down to.

I’m sorry... this is pretty unacceptable. This is bringing us back to the Wild West. The Wild West was the definition of lawlessness.

Tidal

Star
When I hear of violent career criminals or terrorists being killed by the police or ordinary citizens I say "yippee!" because the world is a better place without the useless dregs..:)

"Ungodly...These men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed.." (Bible: 2 Peter 2:12)