George Floyd/Protests/Peace/Riots/Chaos

justjess

Superstar
Looks like they were called on a domestic call...and I would say they would detain him while they investigate especially since they probably looked up his violent record.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda...but what really happened was they didn’t do anything except follow him around to the driver’s side of the truck where he reached in for something...and then they decided that they were done dealing with him nicely.
You can’t detain someone while you investigate unless a judge grants you permission to do so.

Lisa

Superstar
1) or they get out because they served their time? That’s usually how it works and appears to be how it worked in this case.

2) no your absolutely not. And deadly force is only for deadly threats.

3) the point is you are standing up for lawlessness and don’t think there’s any chance it will blow back on you. But there is and it likely will. And no one will give a shit.

4) your a disgusting piece of shit. Whether he cares if his kids see or not doesn’t matter anyway. The kids clearly care. And the people sworn to protect and serve should care. They just traumatized the hell and endangered the lives of a bunch of small innocent children- but I’m sure had the kids been hurt you’d write it off as justified collateral damage too.

5) and you are a state worshipping hypocrite with a black soul. I’d rather be a “drama queen”
1.) Sure...but he seems to be a career criminal..

2.) Unless you resist arrest...

3.) God was right when he said people will think good is evil and evil is good.

4.) If he cared about his kids at all he would have complied...but I would go a step further..he would be a law abiding citizen and teach his kids the right way to live...and then he would probably never see the police..and his kids wouldn’t be witnesses to his abuse or his getting shot. It’s on him what they’ve been witness to all their lives.

5.) Me? I just like law and order.

Lisa

Superstar
You can’t detain someone while you investigate unless a judge grants you permission to do so.
They can detain people if they want to.

No Lisa it wouldn’t.
Sure it would...he is already on edge because he doesn’t know if I’m gonna be pleasant or crazy...until he talks with me..even so..he isn’t gonna like my hands where he can’t see them.

at the end of the day u have to comply with the law, otherwise u never know what could happen. They arent just going to let him leave, if they have there guns drawn thats a good time to "freeze", u have to freeze for a reason, u cant nonchalantly go to ur truck as if uve got something in it, it shouldnt be so gun ho, but this is the climate of america. if usa cops are so bad, why wasnt this guy scared for his life? he didnt seem to care. u play with feathers u get ur arse tickled. its as simple as that, i wouldnt do what he did in a million years, id expect to get shot/tazed whatever, its kill or be killed out there in america now unfortunately.

justjess

Superstar
1.) Sure...but he seems to be a career criminal..

2.) Unless you resist arrest...

3.) God was right when he said people will think good is evil and evil is good.

4.) If he cared about his kids at all he would have complied...but I would go a step further..he would be a law abiding citizen and teach his kids the right way to live...and then he would probably never see the police..and his kids wouldn’t be witnesses to his abuse or his getting shot. It’s on him what they’ve been witness to all their lives.

5.) Me? I just like law and order.
1) he still served his time and was released. There’s no life sentence just because you have more infractions then Lisa would like.

2) nope actually the law doesn’t have an exception that allows deadly force against someone for resisting arrest - unless they pose a deadly threat.

3) god told you to minister unto prisoners and emphasized forgiveness and repentance. He also said he is the judge. Not Lisa in Wyoming or a power hungry cop.

4) irrelevant. The cops put innocent children’s lives at risk when they shot a man that didn’t pose a deadly threat. Stop blaming the victims.

5) then stop supporting lawlessness.

Lisa

Superstar
1) he still served his time and was released. There’s no life sentence just because you have more infractions then Lisa would like.

2) nope actually the law doesn’t have an exception that allows deadly force against someone for resisting arrest - unless they pose a deadly threat.

3) god told you to minister unto prisoners and emphasized forgiveness and repentance. He also said he is the judge. Not Lisa in Wyoming or a power hungry cop.

4) irrelevant. The cops put innocent children’s lives at risk when they shot a man that didn’t pose a deadly threat. Stop blaming the victims.

5) then stop supporting lawlessness.
1.) I’m not the one counting...

2.) He posed a deadly threat..he wasn’t complying and he reached into his truck for something.

3.) You have taken this Wyoming theme and run with it...lol!
You first have to repent...I know you don’t know that part.
He’s not the judge of what?

4.) It’s not irrelevant..the man controls his own life..and the byproduct of that..his minor children’s lives. If he doesn’t want them to see that stuff..then he has to be a responsible adult..like the other millions of responsible adults in this country who don’t have any problems with the police.

5.) Supporting the police is supporting law and order...the rioters are lawless. Again..its good is evil in the world this year.

Lisa

Superstar
James Woods answers the question of why the police would shoot someone reaching into their car..

Again and again, Baratta referred to a dramatic dashboard camera that recorded the entire shooting that nearly cost Kelly his life as he bled from a gunshot wound that severed his femoral artery and put him in a coma for 12 days.

Baratta rejected Clary's claim that he was in fear for his life after Seiple pulled him over along Route 33, noting that Clary's actions in the video showed he intended to disarm the troopers and try to kill them.

Edit: @Wigi.. don’t want you to miss this post.

Last edited:

Lurker

Star
2.) He posed a deadly threat..he wasn’t complying and he reached into his truck for something.
I will break radio silence for this stupidity. The officers could maintain trigger discipline until a clear threat is seen. He could've been reaching for a hearing aid.
They can detain people if they want to.
And NO! That is not the way it works!

Lisa

Superstar
I will break radio silence for this stupidity. The officers could maintain trigger discipline until a clear threat is seen. He could've been reaching for a hearing aid.

And NO! That is not the way it works!
Sure he’s heading in for a hearing aid ;):rolleyes:
I’m not sure breaking radio silence for a lame comment was really worth it.

Sure it is..it’s their call once they’re called

Lisa

Superstar
Uh O!
Heavily armed civilians take to the streets of Kenosha to protect locals businesses as city braces for a third night of rioting, arson and looting in wake of cops shooting unarmed black father Jacob Blake in the back

They might want to hold off on that..

Then there’s this..

Lisa

Superstar
Ya..this is the guy you guys are defending..congratulations :rolleyes:

Man Shot by Police in Kenosha Was Wanted for Sexual Assault
The AP reported Monday:
Online court records indicate Kenosha County prosecutors charged Blake on July 6 with third-degree sexual assault, trespassing and disorderly conduct in connection with domestic abuse. An arrest warrant was issued for Blake the following day.
The records contain no further details and do not list an attorney for Blake.
Another article from 2015 describes a Jacob Blake, aged 24, who had to be subdued by a police dog after he resisted arrest following an armed altercation in a bar.
The Racine County Eye reported:
Jacob Blake, 24, of Racine, was charged Monday in Racine County Circuit Court with one felony count of resisting arrest causing a soft tissue injury to a police officer and one misdemeanor count each of carrying a concealed weapon, carrying a firearm while intoxicated, endangering safety-use of a dangerous weapon, and disorderly conduct. If convicted, he will face up to 8-1/2 years in prison and/or up to $50,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Blake and two women were at the Brass Monkey tavern, 1436 Junction Avenue, Saturday when Blake got into an argument with another patron and pulled a black handgun. Blake pointed the gun at the other man, and the magazine fell to the floor. The bartender told Blake to leave, and he did but then pointed the gun through the window at patrons inside the bar before walking south on Junction Avenue.
Police say they encountered a woman walking on Junction who was in the bar with Blake, but she said she didn’t know what happened and that her friends left without her in a silver SUV. A few moments later, officers were advised that a silver SUV was traveling north on Junction with a male subject driving who matched the description of Blake, and they initiated a traffic stop in the 1200 block of Racine Avenue.
Believing the driver was armed, police conducted a high risk traffic stop, the complaint reads, and ordered Blake to put his hands out the window of the vehicle. Instead, Blake exited the SUV and started walking toward officers and ignored commands to get down on the ground. Officers forced Blake to the ground and ordered him to put his hands behind his back. When Blake refused to comply, K9 Dozer was deployed to force the defendant into compliance.

justjess

Superstar
Ya..this is the guy you guys are defending..congratulations :rolleyes:

Man Shot by Police in Kenosha Was Wanted for Sexual Assault
The AP reported Monday:

Another article from 2015 describes a Jacob Blake, aged 24, who had to be subdued by a police dog after he resisted arrest following an armed altercation in a bar.
The Racine County Eye reported:

I don’t think you get it. His prior criminal record is irrelevant to whether the police were justified in using deadly force. He was unarmed, therefore they were not. On top of that they endangered the lives of the young children sitting in the car that they shot in the direction of. Multiple times. If they had shot him once in the leg to neutralize a threat or used a taser we would be having an entirely different conversation.

my husband has an extensive criminal record. Should he be shot for anything less then a crime worthy of the death penalty? No. He should not. He served his time for what he did, he came home and changed his life. If they shot him dead you’d be sitting here saying he deserved what he got.

Lisa

Superstar
He w
I don’t think you get it. His prior criminal record is irrelevant to whether the police were justified in using deadly force. He was unarmed, therefore they were not. On top of that they endangered the lives of the young children sitting in the car that they shot in the direction of. Multiple times. If they had shot him once in the leg to neutralize a threat or used a taser we would be having an entirely different conversation.

my husband has an extensive criminal record. Should he be shot for anything less then a crime worthy of the death penalty? No. He should not. He served his time for what he did, he came home and changed his life. If they shot him dead you’d be sitting here saying he deserved what he got.
Was unarmed until he got his gun from his truck..

I’d say your husband and anyone else should show the police respect by obeying any and all commands. If there are problems take it up with a lawyer later.

I’m still saying he was in control of this..listen to police commands..it’s not hard.