George Floyd/Protests/Peace/Riots/Chaos

justjess

Superstar
No..I argue personal responsibility. If he doesn’t want a bad outcome with the police...he complies with their requests. Its really that simple.
Would you personally comply with any and everything a cop told you to do? Denounce jesus? Get this corona vaccine? Move into an internment camp? Would you? I asked once and you ignored. I’d love to hear an honest answer.

his past criminal record is not the issue here. None of those things are punishable by death. Ignoring a cops command is not punishable by death. And there is no evidence he was an imminent risk of harm to anyone. If you show up to investigate a complaint - you investigate the complaint. You don’t murder someone.

justjess

Superstar
You fuckers are just pissed people have video cameras in their pockets now and the cops are finally being shown for who they’ve always been. Sorry, not sorry.

Lisa

Superstar
You see that's my problem, they believe they can take lives on 'what if'. I think 'What if' shouldn't be a justification for extreme measures. I expect cops to not believe they can gun down one of my friend because they assumed things on him or they feel like he's not complying enough. They don't have the right to take from people their citizenship to transform them into dangerous public enemies where lethal force is acceptable against them because 'what if' or an unspoken rule makes it acceptable somehow.

Sorry but 'He's not an angel' isn't sufficient to find this normal in a country that pretends to defend human rights. If one day they change your consititution so it clearly states 'Police is above the law' then ok I would understand.
With this guy they didn’t assume he might hurt them or the people around him...they know what he’s capable of. They probably already looked at his record..and the way he was acting wasn’t helping that opinion.

And yes..you don’t want the bad guy to kill you and leave your family in the lurch do you? And I don’t believe it was extreme measures. They had their guns drawn but didn’t shoot him until after he leaned into the truck...they seemed to have given him a lot of leeway.

I think many police have been shot in this country...and they live with that on every shift..it is part of the job and I do believe they have the right to go home too.

Well...he isn’t an angel..in fact he’s a violent criminal whose residence should be a prison cell rather than be out on the streets where he’s trouble. I don’t think the officers acted above the law at all. He didn’t die...but he could have because of his foolish actions.

Lisa

Superstar
Would you personally comply with any and everything a cop told you to do? Denounce jesus? Get this corona vaccine? Move into an internment camp? Would you? I asked once and you ignored. I’d love to hear an honest answer.

his past criminal record is not the issue here. None of those things are punishable by death. Ignoring a cops command is not punishable by death. And there is no evidence he was an imminent risk of harm to anyone. If you show up to investigate a complaint - you investigate the complaint. You don’t murder someone.
Still doing those hypotheticals I see...I don’t do hypotheticals.

Did they ask that man to comply with their commands? Why didn’t he? Did he want it to go wrong and get himself shot? Seems like he did.

Ya..his past criminal history is relevant...he’s a dangerous criminal...and as such he should still be in prison..not on the streets being a danger to society. Again..if you don’t obey the commands of the police..it is your life you are bargaining with...every time he resists..it gets harder and it won’t go well.

They didn’t murder him...he’s alive but he is paralyzed from the waist down...or he could have complied and be ok. He made a wrong decision.

Lisa

Superstar
You fuckers are just pissed people have video cameras in their pockets now and the cops are finally being shown for who they’ve always been. Sorry, not sorry.
I’m glad people have phones..in this case it just shows what a hard, life and death role these cops have and what they put up with on a daily basis.

justjess

Superstar
With this guy they didn’t assume he might hurt them or the people around him...they know what he’s capable of. They probably already looked at his record..and the way he was acting wasn’t helping that opinion.

And yes..you don’t want the bad guy to kill you and leave your family in the lurch do you? And I don’t believe it was extreme measures. They had their guns drawn but didn’t shoot him until after he leaned into the truck...they seemed to have given him a lot of leeway.

I think many police have been shot in this country...and they live with that on every shift..it is part of the job and I do believe they have the right to go home too.

Well...he isn’t an angel..in fact he’s a violent criminal whose residence should be a prison cell rather than be out on the streets where he’s trouble. I don’t think the officers acted above the law at all. He didn’t die...but he could have because of his foolish actions.
So any prior criminal history means you should either be executed by cop at any time for any or no reason at all... or should live in a prison cell for the rest of your life regardless of what the actual sentencing guidelines for the crimes you committed are?
Very Christian of you Lisa..

Lisa

Superstar
So any prior criminal history means you should either be executed by cop at any time for any or no reason at all... or should live in a prison cell for the rest of your life regardless of what the actual sentencing guidelines for the crimes you committed are?
Very Christian of you Lisa..
No any prior history means you need to be on your guard because you don’t know what this person might do...especially when its a violent history.

And he wouldn’t have been executed by cop. He could have stopped at any time and complied with the police commands...things would have went way better for him if he did...but then again he’d still end up in jail. Which is where he is probably going to go and now he’s going to be paralyzed to boot. Good job!

Aero

Superstar
No..I argue personal responsibility. If he doesn’t want a bad outcome with the police...he complies with their requests. Its really that simple.
You mean 1 sided personal responsibility.

In your eyes a cop is fine to open fire into a car with innocent children nearby. I guess those kids should have been more responsible? You are a clown.

Lisa

Superstar
You mean 1 sided personal responsibility.

In your eyes a cop is fine to open fire into a car with innocent children nearby. I guess those kids should have been more responsible? You are a clown.
Ok...if he complies does he get shot? Probably not..just arrested and taken to jail.

I think in their mind they were saving themselves and those kids by not letting him get his gun..which is what they thought he was reaching for. Why walk away from cops holding you at gun point..to go to your truck to reach in for something? Wouldn’t it be much easier to just comply and let them do their job?

Wigi

Veteran

Why two police officers got suspended then?

justjess

Superstar
Still doing those hypotheticals I see...I don’t do hypotheticals.

Did they ask that man to comply with their commands? Why didn’t he? Did he want it to go wrong and get himself shot? Seems like he did.

Ya..his past criminal history is relevant...he’s a dangerous criminal...and as such he should still be in prison..not on the streets being a danger to society. Again..if you don’t obey the commands of the police..it is your life you are bargaining with...every time he resists..it gets harder and it won’t go well.

They didn’t murder him...he’s alive but he is paralyzed from the waist down...or he could have complied and be ok. He made a wrong decision.
Apparantly the criminal justice system disagreed with you. If he should have still been in prison he would have been there.

you are not obligated under the law to comply with all police commands or get shot. They are only supposed to use deadly force if you pose a deadly threat and a man walking to a car where his children are is not reason to assume he is going to pull a gun.

and yes, hypothetics Lisa... because they won’t be hypotheticals for long. When you advocate lawless police don’t be surprised when your eventually at the other end of the barrel from those lawless police and don’t expect anyone to feel bad for you even a little bit. I sure as hell won’t.

god and the Bible is all about forgiveness - he even specifically says to minister unto prisoners. Mistakes and even crimes do not define a person for the rest of their life. Most crimes don’t carry a death or life sentence on paper, but in reality it seems they do. God help all of us.

Wigi

Veteran
Political correctness? I’m not sure of their policies before the year of the riots...
Political correctness really? Lisa if you feel it's normal to shoot an unarmed person seven times because you wear a police hat I have no words.

Aero

Superstar
Ok...if he complies does he get shot? Probably not..just arrested and taken to jail.

I think in their mind they were saving themselves and those kids by not letting him get his gun..which is what they thought he was reaching for. Why walk away from cops holding you at gun point..to go to your truck to reach in for something? Wouldn’t it be much easier to just comply and let them do their job?
One doesn't need to comply with an unlawful order. One only needs to comply with orders that are lawful.

In any case, we don't know all the details. Was there probable cause to detain this man? We really don't know yet. If there wasn't probable cause the whole thing stinks of cop privilege.

Last time I checked it would have been much easier to taze this guy. The guy wouldn't be paralyzed , the cops wouldn't be suspended and there wouldn't be riots.

Non lethal force should always be tried first. And apparently that didn't happen.

Lisa

Superstar
Apparantly the criminal justice system disagreed with you. If he should have still been in prison he would have been there.

you are not obligated under the law to comply with all police commands or get shot. They are only supposed to use deadly force if you pose a deadly threat and a man walking to a car where his children are is not reason to assume he is going to pull a gun.

and yes, hypothetics Lisa... because they won’t be hypotheticals for long. When you advocate lawless police don’t be surprised when your eventually at the other end of the barrel from those lawless police and don’t expect anyone to feel bad for you even a little bit. I sure as hell won’t.

god and the Bible is all about forgiveness - he even specifically says to minister unto prisoners. Mistakes and even crimes do not define a person for the rest of their life. Most crimes don’t carry a death or life sentence on paper, but in reality it seems they do. God help all of us.
Sometimes they get out...maybe for covid?

Yep...you are obligated to comply with police commands or get hurt..maybe shot.

He’s a violent criminal..one of the crimes was domestic abuse...so does he really care if his kids see what he does or not?

I’ll debate it when its not a hypothetical otherwise what’s the point?

Yep..God is about forgiveness but you still have to repent of your sins. Yes..and when people minister to the prisoners they better be adding in that you must repent.

You are such a drama queen...God help us all indeed. :rolleyes:

Lisa

Superstar
Political correctness really? Lisa if you feel it's normal to shoot an unarmed person seven times because you wear a police hat I have no words.
I feel its normal to comply with the police...everything after that is on you for not complying. Otherwise...we might as well be a lawless nation.

Lisa

Superstar
One doesn't need to comply with an unlawful order. One only needs to comply with orders that are lawful.

In any case, we don't know all the details. Was there probable cause to detain this man? We really don't know yet. If there wasn't probable cause the whole thing stinks of cop privilege.

Last time I checked it would have been much easier to taze this guy. The guy wouldn't be paralyzed , the cops wouldn't be suspended and there wouldn't be riots.

Non lethal force should always be tried first. And apparently that didn't happen.
Looks like they were called on a domestic call...and I would say they would detain him while they investigate especially since they probably looked up his violent record.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda...but what really happened was they didn’t do anything except follow him around to the driver’s side of the truck where he reached in for something...and then they decided that they were done dealing with him nicely.

Aero

Superstar
Looks like they were called on a domestic call...and I would say they would detain him while they investigate especially since they probably looked up his violent record.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda...but what really happened was they didn’t do anything except follow him around to the driver’s side of the truck where he reached in for something...and then they decided that they were done dealing with him nicely.
Wow, you are a sick individual.

Hopefully if you get pulled over you don't put your hands in your pockets. Because nobody knows if your reaching for a gun or not. By your logic a cop would be justified to murder you.

justjess

Superstar
Sometimes they get out...maybe for covid?

Yep...you are obligated to comply with police commands or get hurt..maybe shot.

He’s a violent criminal..one of the crimes was domestic abuse...so does he really care if his kids see what he does or not?

I’ll debate it when its not a hypothetical otherwise what’s the point?

Yep..God is about forgiveness but you still have to repent of your sins. Yes..and when people minister to the prisoners they better be adding in that you must repent.

You are such a drama queen...God help us all indeed. :rolleyes:
1) or they get out because they served their time? That’s usually how it works and appears to be how it worked in this case.

2) no your absolutely not. And deadly force is only for deadly threats.

3) the point is you are standing up for lawlessness and don’t think there’s any chance it will blow back on you. But there is and it likely will. And no one will give a shit.

4) your a disgusting piece of shit. Whether he cares if his kids see or not doesn’t matter anyway. The kids clearly care. And the people sworn to protect and serve should care. They just traumatized the hell and endangered the lives of a bunch of small innocent children- but I’m sure had the kids been hurt you’d write it off as justified collateral damage too.

5) and you are a state worshipping hypocrite with a black soul. I’d rather be a “drama queen”

Lisa

Superstar
Hopefully if you get pulled over you don't put your hands in your pockets. Because nobody knows if your reaching for a gun or not. By your logic a cop would be justified to murder you.
It would sure make him suspicious if I were doing that.