George Floyd/Protests/Peace/Riots/Chaos

Aero

Superstar
No...looting and rioting were because of Floyd dying in police custody...at least that’s what the media told us....you have a short memory.

lol...the government sent?

Sure...he risked his life for someone..a trans someone in fact. But that is the epitome of hero...you risk you life for someone else.

I’m not a nihilist but am a Christian. I don’t believe in survival of the fittest..but it does look like the looters believe in survival of the violent mob.. I’d rather people know Jesus for their problems...not look to sinful lawlessness for an escape.

I was laughing because you said it was because of people like me that society no longer feels bad when cops die...I think its their own warped ideas not because of me.

Sometimes the victim is wrong like Floyd...its all about the context..the circumstances determines the way you look at things.

The police haven’t abused me or my trust of them and I don’t believe they do anything they want to do. I think the police do a wonderful job actually...it’s only the people who hate them that think they don’t..i.e. criminals.
So it all started with George Floyd? Maybe your memory isn't so good.

Also, yes the CIA runs the drugs.

George Floyd's sole actions did not lead to his death. The police played a role, and to look at it in any other way is blatantly ignoring context. It's more accurate to say, you simply ignore evidence of police wrongdoing because of your "feelings" about the matter.

Lisa

Superstar
So it all started with George Floyd? Maybe your memory isn't so good.

Also, yes the CIA runs the drugs.

George Floyd's sole actions did not lead to his death. The police played a role, and to look at it in any other way is blatantly ignoring context. It's more accurate to say, you simply ignore evidence of police wrongdoing because of your "feelings" about the matter.
This year it did start with Floyd.

That’s random..

Floyd’s actions totally led to his death. If he pays with a real bill no police are called. He leaves with his ciggies and goes home...maybe. He definitely does not get the police called on him for passing fake bills.

He possibly could get stopped for drugs if he is driving erratically if not he doesn’t and he goes home alive. No feelings involved here..just common sense.

Aero

Superstar
This year it did start with Floyd.

That’s random..

Floyd’s actions totally led to his death. If he pays with a real bill no police are called. He leaves with his ciggies and goes home...maybe. He definitely does not get the police called on him for passing fake bills.

He possibly could get stopped for drugs if he is driving erratically if not he doesn’t and he goes home alive. No feelings involved here..just common sense.
Are you saying we should ignore history?

And I don't get how you are still on about the fake 20. It's not even been proven the 20 was fake. Didn't you say you worked at JCPenney or something? Do you know there is an ink pen that stores use to identify fake bills? Well, just a little FYI there are pictures of Floyd's funny money and the store in question apparently didn't use legitimate methods. They just used their eyes and thought the bill looked fake.

It's funny and predictable how you place the sole blame on Floyd. If only he had avoided the police that day. Let's follow your lead and give him a Darwin award and call it a day. Better yet, let's give everyone a license to blame the victims of any crime. That's the standard you create, so don't complain when you get blamed for your own victimization.

Lisa

Superstar
Are you saying we should ignore history?

And I don't get how you are still on about the fake 20. It's not even been proven the 20 was fake. Didn't you say you worked at JCPenney or something? Do you know there is an ink pen that stores use to identify fake bills? Well, just a little FYI there are pictures of Floyd's funny money and the store in question apparently didn't use legitimate methods. They just used their eyes and thought the bill looked fake.

It's funny and predictable how you place the sole blame on Floyd. If only he had avoided the police that day. Let's follow your lead and give him a Darwin award and call it a day. Better yet, let's give everyone a license to blame the victims of any crime. That's the standard you create, so don't complain when you get blamed for your own victimization.
I’m saying that what began this round of blm is Floyd dying. That’s in the recent past and supposedly why they are still rioting in Portland...Seattle. Has nothing to do with any historic blm rioting..just Floyd dying.

Whether its fake or not..is not really the point. The point is that the cashier thought it was fake and called the police. That’s how it went down..you can’t change that fact.

Yes, I’ve worked in retail and at a bank. I can spot a fake bill without the pen..its easy when you really look at those fakes up close. So they call the police to investigate which I’m sure they can spot a fake a mile away too...

I don’t know if its funny or predictable that I say Floyd was responsible. Isn’t he responsible for himself? Do you think a grown man wouldn’t be responsible for himself? Is his mommy responsible for him at that age? I mean really.
If he doesn’t pay with a fake..the police don’t get called and he walks away with his purchase and his change. If he gets in the car and doesn’t drive erratically on the way home..or even if he does and no one calls on him..he makes it back home. But..he pays with a fake..the police are called. They talk to him and notice he has problems having a rational convo. They can’t let him drive impaired and all he has to do is cooperate..but he doesn’t because he is impaired. So, ya, its on him...not the officers.

Circumstances decides how you look at a situation..the circumstances of the Floyd death is why I say its on him.

justjess

Superstar
This is all I’m going to say because it’s entirely pointless and I know better:

the protests/riots weren’t “just about Floyd” Floyd was the match set to a flame which was already burning. The last straw so to speak. You can not seperate Floyd out from every other instance and every other lived experience in order to undermine the true cause of what just happened. If Floyd was the only person ever killed like that there wouldn’t have been protests, there wouldn’t have been riots. It was about way more then Floyd. You all know that. You chose to keep trying to center back the conversation on Floyd to deflect, trivialize and control the narrative. No ones willing to be gaslit by you people anymore. Find a new tactic, this one is old and tired.

Lisa

Superstar
This is all I’m going to say because it’s entirely pointless and I know better:

the protests/riots weren’t “just about Floyd” Floyd was the match set to a flame which was already burning. The last straw so to speak. You can not seperate Floyd out from every other instance and every other lived experience in order to undermine the true cause of what just happened. If Floyd was the only person ever killed like that there wouldn’t have been protests, there wouldn’t have been riots. It was about way more then Floyd. You all know that. You chose to keep trying to center back the conversation on Floyd to deflect, trivialize and control the narrative. No ones willing to be gaslit by you people anymore. Find a new tactic, this one is old and tired.
Why did they start rioting again when they hadn’t been for a while? It was Floyd..but more importantly than that...it was an election year and they..the dems...sought to use this to their advantage..so they thought. Its why the lootings and the rioting happened so fast in so many different cities..they were ready to go when they got the call.

It was just about Floyd..he was the only one who died in police custody like that..and I feel confidant in saying that..if he wasn’t..we def would have heard of it. So..Floyd happened to die in police custody because HE tried to pay with a fake bill that caused the cashier to call the police. If no fake bill..the leaves with his purchase and change and goes home.

The police notice that he is on some type of drug and also in the drivers seat of the car they found him in and they can’t let him drive impaired...so that’s what starts their convo with him and subsequent dealings with a drugged out person who isn’t at this point rational. If he complies with going down to the jail..he gets bailed out and goes home. But he doesn’t and he ends up dying. I’ve read that the police were trained to put their knee on a person’s neck and that’s policy..so if that’s true..then that cop is not guilty..I’ve also read that he died because of the drugs not the knee on the neck. We will see what is presented at the trial though.

I think its good to remember the facts of the case and the causes...circumstances matter...and its all on Floyd.

justjess

Superstar
Why did they start rioting again when they hadn’t been for a while? It was Floyd..but more importantly than that...it was an election year and they..the dems...sought to use this to their advantage..so they thought. Its why the lootings and the rioting happened so fast in so many different cities..they were ready to go when they got the call.

It was just about Floyd..he was the only one who died in police custody like that..and I feel confidant in saying that..if he wasn’t..we def would have heard of it. So..Floyd happened to die in police custody because HE tried to pay with a fake bill that caused the cashier to call the police. If no fake bill..the leaves with his purchase and change and goes home.

The police notice that he is on some type of drug and also in the drivers seat of the car they found him in and they can’t let him drive impaired...so that’s what starts their convo with him and subsequent dealings with a drugged out person who isn’t at this point rational. If he complies with going down to the jail..he gets bailed out and goes home. But he doesn’t and he ends up dying. I’ve read that the police were trained to put their knee on a person’s neck and that’s policy..so if that’s true..then that cop is not guilty..I’ve also read that he died because of the drugs not the knee on the neck. We will see what is presented at the trial though.

I think its good to remember the facts of the case and the causes...circumstances matter...and its all on Floyd.
Lisa... it wasn’t just about Floyd. The only person to ever die in police custody like that? ERIC GARNER. And that’s just off the top of my head. Google it.

why were they able to go out so quickly? We are in the middle of a pandemic and everyone’s out of work. Maybe you forgot..

You are trivializing on purpose and for a reason. As I already stated. Find a new tactic, as I already advised.

Lisa

Superstar
Lisa... it wasn’t just about Floyd. The only person to ever die in police custody like that? ERIC GARNER. And that’s just off the top of my head. Google it.

why were they able to go out so quickly? We are in the middle of a pandemic and everyone’s out of work. Maybe you forgot..

You are trivializing on purpose and for a reason. As I already stated. Find a new tactic, as I already advised.
Floyd dying started this round of blm looting and rioting...that’s fact.

Ya..it did help that everyone was out of work and no school..which is really the point. The rioters and looters are from what it looks like to me..college aged kids. You know those 18-24 year olds that Harris said are stupid...those are the rioters and looters with people who should know better.

I’m not trivializing anything...just stating the facts.
Its funny how you’ve taken over for aero all of a sudden...

justjess

Superstar
Floyd dying started this round of blm looting and rioting...that’s fact.

Ya..it did help that everyone was out of work and no school..which is really the point. The rioters and looters are from what it looks like to me..college aged kids. You know those 18-24 year olds that Harris said are stupid...those are the rioters and looters with people who should know better.

I’m not trivializing anything...just stating the facts.
Its funny how you’ve taken over for aero all of a sudden...
It’s funny? I’ve been watching your exchange shaking my head and had a spare minute so decided to chime in. Sorry if it’s inconvenient for you. Is it easier arguing a point when there’s only one person on the forum who disagrees with it? I’d imagine it is.. can’t run off everyone that isn’t a rabid trumpet though. Not possible.

the long history of police violence against everyone but especially certain communities “started” this round, Floyd was just fuel on the fire.

Aero

Superstar
I’m saying that what began this round of blm is Floyd dying. That’s in the recent past and supposedly why they are still rioting in Portland...Seattle. Has nothing to do with any historic blm rioting..just Floyd dying.
That is a catastrophically uninformed viewpoint.

Whether its fake or not..is not really the point. The point is that the cashier thought it was fake and called the police. That’s how it went down..you can’t change that fact.
Yes, it is the point. If the bill in question isn't fake there was no crime. And your entire argument hinges on the standard of Floyd being in the process of criminality. If your argument was strictly based on his interaction with the police you might have a real argument. But you don't you're singularly focused on something unproven.

There wasn't a problematic interaction between Floyd and his own criminality. There was a problematic interaction between Floyd and the Police. The blame lies on both parties but at some point, George Floyd no longer had a choice. He wasn't choosing to be a problem, he was on the ground handcuffed with 3 people on his back.

Yes, I’ve worked in retail and at a bank. I can spot a fake bill without the pen..its easy when you really look at those fakes up close. So they call the police to investigate which I’m sure they can spot a fake a mile away too...

I don’t know if its funny or predictable that I say Floyd was responsible. Isn’t he responsible for himself? Do you think a grown man wouldn’t be responsible for himself? Is his mommy responsible for him at that age? I mean really.
If he doesn’t pay with a fake..the police don’t get called and he walks away with his purchase and his change. If he gets in the car and doesn’t drive erratically on the way home..or even if he does and no one calls on him..he makes it back home. But..he pays with a fake..the police are called. They talk to him and notice he has problems having a rational convo. They can’t let him drive impaired and all he has to do is cooperate..but he doesn’t because he is impaired. So, ya, its on him...not the officers.

Circumstances decides how you look at a situation..the circumstances of the Floyd death is why I say its on him.
Is it easy to identify a fake bill up close, or from far away? Apparently you are saying both are true, which would be fine if you were being philosophical. Either way, your comments about how to identify fake bills seem based on poor science. Moreover, people in that area don't see fake money on the regular. So if it was fake, where did it come from? It's funny how nobody knows and just believes in unproven hearsay.

I think I get you though. Criminals are the only ones ever responsible, except when cops are criminals. You won't play mommy to a criminal, but when the cops do criminal things you make excuses and will pretend to be their mommy.

Lisa

Superstar
It’s funny? I’ve been watching your exchange shaking my head and had a spare minute so decided to chime in. Sorry if it’s inconvenient for you. Is it easier arguing a point when there’s only one person on the forum who disagrees with it? I’d imagine it is.. can’t run off everyone that isn’t a rabid trumpet though. Not possible.

the long history of police violence against everyone but especially certain communities “started” this round, Floyd was just fuel on the fire.
Funny in that I started thinking about socks for some reason...anyway...

Nope..there is no long history of police violence..its propaganda for an agenda.

Lisa

Superstar
That is a catastrophically uninformed viewpoint.

Yes, it is the point. If the bill in question isn't fake there was no crime. And your entire argument hinges on the standard of Floyd being in the process of criminality. If your argument was strictly based on his interaction with the police you might have a real argument. But you don't you're singularly focused on something unproven.

There wasn't a problematic interaction between Floyd and his own criminality. There was a problematic interaction between Floyd and the Police. The blame lies on both parties but at some point, George Floyd no longer had a choice. He wasn't choosing to be a problem, he was on the ground handcuffed with 3 people on his back.

Is it easy to identify a fake bill up close, or from far away? Apparently you are saying both are true, which would be fine if you were being philosophical. Either way, your comments about how to identify fake bills seem based on poor science. Moreover, people in that area don't see fake money on the regular. So if it was fake, where did it come from? It's funny how nobody knows and just believes in unproven hearsay.

I think I get you though. Criminals are the only ones ever responsible, except when cops are criminals. You won't play mommy to a criminal, but when the cops do criminal things you make excuses and will pretend to be their mommy.
O! You’re back! Lol..

I am pretty well informed almost too well informed...that Andy Ngo..is very good.

It doesn’t matter...the cashier thinks they’ve been passed a bad bill..they call the police to investigate. He was choosing to be a problem...from the beginning of his interaction with the police..he is a problem..he’s not listening and not following orders. Not only is it bad he passed a fake bill..now he’s being seen as someone on a substance...and they can’t let that go since he’s behind the wheel of the car. That in itself is its own problem.

He paid with the bill..the cashier saw it up close. And ya..up close you can tell a fake from a phony. I’ve seen a fake dollar bill before...why? We don’t know. Some place just take them and eat the cost because the bank won’t give you credit for the fakes...that’s lost money. I’ve seen a lot of fakes up close especially at Christmas time.

Those cops weren’t the criminal but were trying to deal with a criminal...with a record...who is high..that’s a hard job to do. They can’t let him drive high. His passengers were cooperative..but he wasn’t....and since he was security at a club..he should have known better.

justjess

Superstar
Funny in that I started thinking about socks for some reason...anyway...

Nope..there is no long history of police violence..its propaganda for an agenda.
I know lisa.. cuz anytime I agree with anyone on anything they must be my sock. Never mind their long standing presence on the board or the fact that we disagree on way more then we agree on. Nope. None of that matters. Someone agrees with me so something must be wrong. Lmao. Your a cartoon man.

there is definately a long history of police violence and brutality. A pearl clutching upper middle class white woman Is blessed enough to have no personal experience with it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. the only agenda is asking cops to be lawful citizens as they enforce the laws on everyone else. I pay their damn wages. I have a right to expect and demand that.

Lisa

Superstar
I know lisa.. cuz anytime I agree with anyone on anything they must be my sock. Never mind their long standing presence on the board or the fact that we disagree on way more then we agree on. Nope. None of that matters. Someone agrees with me so something must be wrong. Lmao. Your a cartoon man.
I just feel like I’m speaking to the same person..or the air conditioning is doing its job and I’m getting cold..lol!

justjess

Superstar
I just feel like I’m speaking to the same person..or the air conditioning is doing its job and I’m getting cold..lol!
I feel like I’m speaking to the same person when I speak to you and lurking. Yet I know your not the same person so I don’t vocalize it like an asshole.

Lisa

Superstar
I feel like I’m speaking to the same person when I speak to you and lurking. Yet I know your not the same person so I don’t vocalize it like an asshole.
Wow..I’ve never heard that before....

Lisa

Superstar
Yet ANOTHER riot is declared in Portland on 83rd night of trouble: 200-strong mob of protesters 'rallying for BLM and the total abolition of prison system and police force' torch city's famous Multnomah Building
  • A group of around 200 protesters marched to the city's Multnomah Building - the county seat of government
  • There they smashed windows and sparked a blaze by pushing lit newspapers through the windows
  • Portland police declared a riot at around 11:30 p.m., on the 83rd consecutive day of protests in the city
  • The demonstration is said to have remained peaceful for more than an hour, but protesters started to set fire to dumpsters and broke windows, and after about an hour, small fires could be seen inside the building
  • People were seen throwing stones through windows, followed by flaming materials, setting the office ablaze
  • Two people were arrested; there were also reports of a stabbing and a shooting in the city overnight