George Floyd/Protests/Peace/Riots/Chaos

Lurker

Star
See my next reply. It’s hard to answer absurd bullshit talking points with out lowering your own standards a bit unfortunately. I will say this.. as soon as shit started hitting red states that orange asshole started wearing a mask.

i would also just like to point out the media spin on these police reforms and “defunding” is making it look like protesters won something. The defunding was going to happen anyway. It had too, states (most of them) can’t print money or run deficits like the fed can.
LOL. Vanity Fair is probably better than state propaganda NPR, I really detest un-named sources.

justjess

Superstar
LOL. Vanity Fair is probably better than state propaganda NPR, I really detest un-named sources.
Gotcha. The npr article just reports the budget deficits the states themselves are reporting. It isn’t secret sources or classified info or opinion of any sort. I skip over the opinion in everything as a general rule of life tbh.

justjess

Superstar
Because they all over spent, long before Covid.
Look I’m all for fiscal responsibility and having a safety net to fall back on. I believe all people, businesses, and governments should do that if they have the means to (businesses and governments should automatically have the means to)

but it’s one thing to say “they all overspent” and another to say “democratic states deserve no money because they overspent and it’s all their fault pre covid“ - when republican states are in the exact same position.

also if we are bailing out companies like Tesla and amazon then I think the federal government needs to get their spending priorities in order first andforemost. States should have been more important than that.. unless Of course the point of the stimulus was never to actually address the struggles covid was causing in this country and instead and excuse to award cronies and donors with a slush fund

Also if revenue dropped 20% then expenses need to drop 20% that’s just common sense. But now people are bitching they are cutting those expenses but not offering an alternative or actively voting against it. I have zero problem with that entire 20% being taken from police, prisons and corporate tax incentives personally. I’d rather that then a federal bailout.

justjess

Superstar
I think it was a fair assessment. Libs only care about blue or purple states. red necks dying is good for them. Let's be honest.
I think the whole thing is asinine. No state is one solid voting block. Not a single one. This blue state/red state crap would disappear if we didn’t have the electoral college.

Lisa

Superstar
I think it was a fair assessment. Libs only care about blue or purple states. red necks dying is good for them. Let's be honest.
You would agree...lol!

And what actions did liberals take that would support your statement? I’ve got a list of actions your president took that do.
I’m sure you took it all out of context, haha!

Lurker

Star
but it’s one thing to say “they all overspent” and another to say “democratic states deserve no money because they overspent and it’s all their fault pre covid“ - when republican states are in the exact same position
I did not mean to imply that. My point was, don't blame Covid. They had already dug a hole.

Lisa

Superstar
I think the whole thing is asinine. No state is one solid voting block. Not a single one. This blue state/red state crap would disappear if we didn’t have the electoral college.
Ya it would all be one state and no one could do anything about it and it wouldn’t reflect the thinking of a majority of people.

Lurker

Star
While flawed in today's world, I would like to keep the EC. Look around you. Do you trust them?

justjess

Superstar
Ya it would all be one state and no one could do anything about it and it wouldn’t reflect the thinking of a majority of people.
It would not be all one state. It would just ensure that on the federal level things like targeting or ignoring the needs of a politically different state wasn’t possible because you recognize there are still people of your own political beliefs living there and their votes would actually matter for once