George Floyd/Protests/Peace/Riots/Chaos

Lisa

Superstar
I thought republicans believed in the separation of federal and state powers and wanted to limit federal powers in favor of state powers? Isn’t that like a cornerstone of conservative ideology?
If the state won’t step in to enforce law and order..maybe the feds should..after all we are one nation under God. God isn’t a God of lawlessness and if we say we are under Him, we shouldn’t be either.

Edit: changed a word from is to isn’t after Jess liked this post. Had to rework that last sentence.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
If the state won’t step in to enforce law and order..maybe the feds should..after all we are one nation under God. God is a God of lawlessness and if we say we are under Him, we should be too!
So then you don’t believe in states rights?

Lisa

Superstar
So then you don’t believe in states rights?
I see where I made a mistake in my last post where I said God is a God of lawlessness..I meant He isn’t a God of lawlessness. I changed my previous post to reflect the change. Just letting you know in case that makes you want to unlike the post.

Anyway..if we are a nation under God..then it’s the governments responsibility to keep law and order. If the state won’t do it then I think the fed has an obligation to do that for the safety of all. And I would welcome trump wading in and bringing those cities back to law and order. However, unless the people who are allowing lawlessness lose their jobs..I don’t see how it could last.

People in Detroit have actually protested the police shooting of Hakim Littleton, a guy who shot a gun at a police officer point blank.

justjess

Superstar
I see where I made a mistake in my last post where I said God is a God of lawlessness..I meant He isn’t a God of lawlessness. I changed my previous post to reflect the change. Just letting you know in case that makes you want to unlike the post.

Anyway..if we are a nation under God..then it’s the governments responsibility to keep law and order. If the state won’t do it then I think the fed has an obligation to do that for the safety of all. And I would welcome trump wading in and bringing those cities back to law and order. However, unless the people who are allowing lawlessness lose their jobs..I don’t see how it could last.
So you don’t actually believe in state rights or a limited federal government then?

justjess

Superstar
Sure, but I also believe in law and order and that the government has an obligation to provide that.
Federal government - international law and order
State government - domestic law and order

I never want to hear you people complain about federal overreach and violating state rights again. Your literally begging for oppression because you don’t care so long as it’s not oppressing your. Don’t cry when it backfires in your face.

Lisa

Superstar
It's not the role of the federal government tho. When the local police are militarized, even less so.
We are all united under the feds...it would be them that works it out.

Federal government - international law and order
State government - domestic law and order

I never want to hear you people complain about federal overreach and violating state rights again. Your literally begging for oppression because you don’t care so long as it’s not oppressing your. Don’t cry when it backfires in your face.
People want law and order...and if their own governments won’t give it to them..then the fed needs to step in with law and order..its as simple as that. We all see the lawlessness going on..its not like they are making up lawlessness and sneakily going in..its being allowed to go on and someone needs to step in and do something and not let it happen. I’m not talking a police state..so idk what trump has in store..or that he will even do anything, beyond threaten to do something in hopes that would bring someone to their senses. We will just have to wait and see what it is that he’s going to do.

Lisa

Superstar
The intention of THESE states being united was to protect against foreign attack. Not to act as a national police force.
I don’t see why it can be used as a national police force to keep law and order within the states. However..I am leery of it becoming another tsa type movement..where we ok this and then we have more of a police state then we wanted. I think if it wasn’t trump it would become that..and I don’t think trump wants to over step his bounds..but he is leader of this country and its up to him to make sure law and order is followed.

But like I said..we don’t even know if this is just a threat or if he really has something planned..we won’t know until he actually does something.

There’s protests and vigils and community actions about the issue all the time. Has been for many years. Media just doesn’t cover it much.
This reminds me back in 2014, when Israel was massacring 1000s of innocent Palestinian civilians, for operation ‘protective edge’ (I think the death toll was over 2k). A huge number of protesters - if my memory is correct, around 600k (I’m sure I remember hearing a figure like this - protested outside the Israeli embassy, yet not one single main stream media organisation, reported it. Certainly not the likes of Sky or BBC. Possibly not The Guardian either.

Lisa

Superstar
This reminds me back in 2014, when Israel was massacring 1000s of innocent Palestinian civilians, for operation ‘protective edge’ (I think the death toll was over 2k). A huge number of protesters - if my memory is correct, around 600k (I’m sure I remember hearing a figure like this - protested outside the Israeli embassy, yet not one single main stream media organisation, reported it. Certainly not the likes of Sky or BBC. Possibly not The Guardian either.
Propaganda...maybe why it wasn’t talked about?

Lisa

Superstar
how can you be a Christian and a communist?
How am I a communist when I want the government to restore law and order..not rule over us? Just go back to enforcing the laws...that’s not wanting communism.

justjess

Superstar
How am I a communist when I want the government to restore law and order..not rule over us? Just go back to enforcing the laws...that’s not wanting communism.
The law aka the constitution allows protests, sorry to break it to you