General Election Thread 2020 AD

Thunderian

Superstar
They’re all the same thunder. Trump mocks disabled reporters, calls people nasty, insults journalists, insults public figures with degrading names.. I mean. They are literally all the same - disgusting people.
They’re all the same, but Trump is the worst, right?

justjess

Superstar
They’re all the same, but Trump is the worst, right?
I have a particular dislike for trump above many others. That’s true. I’ve never hidden that. Doesn’t mean I think anyone who gets to that seat is fundamentally any different then him. They are all horrible.

If you choose to look at it that way, I can’t help you. You’re twisting his words to make them seem as bad as the plain words of Biden: “You ain’t black!”
It’s not twisting anything. You said he never attacks voters, yet says Jews who don’t vote for him have a lack of knowledge or are disloyal. It’s literally the same thing you just don’t care because it’s Trump and he will always get a pass no matter what he does.

Idk..don’t care..the reason the US shut down was to get trump out of office..he was going to win by a landslide in November...now, I’m. It so sure..but let Biden talk and he might still have that landslide no matter what woman he picks as running mate.
There's no world were Trump would have won "by a landslide". Contrary to popular belief, Trump is only popular among Republican voters. He's entirely hated by Democrats and he's only got like 45% approval by independents. Any victory he gains would be another narrow one.

elsbet

Star
I think this whole thing on all sides is staged. Always has been and always will be.
Indeed... it is manipulated-- a means to an end.

When we look at the current crisis from this perspective-- whatever that crisis may be-- it becomes more and more apparent that the division is not really Red v. Blue, so much as Government v. Citizens.

As far as Washington is concerned, anyway.

Splitting political options into two sides is ridiculous-- most people land somewhere on a spectrum, and there is likely far more overlap than we've been led to believe.

The amount of time, money and energy invested in swaying public opinion into one of these sides is staggering.

Wonder what would happen if everyone turned off network programming, just for a week... :)

vancityeagle

Veteran
You are saying that we have a global pandemic with countries all over the globe completely shut down so that they can elect trump out of office after picking a disastrous candidate who was clearly chosen so that trump gets re-elected. That is what your saying. And that is truly what you believe.

That hundreds of thousands of people died and the entire global economy is screwed so that trump wouldn’t get re-elected.

A bullet is much cheaper and more practical Lisa.
Trump supporters will believe all manner of irrational and ridiculous conspiracies. None of what Lisa is saying makes any sense.

vancityeagle

Veteran
How did Clinton throw the election and also win the popular vote? Pretty small needle to thread there, wasn’t it?
Because she was highly unpopular, and they knew it would be easier to capture the swing states with the least likeable candidate for Trumps opponent. As bad as Clinton was Trump was even less liked/voted for overall. That should tell you how bad Trump is. He is so bad, they have to set up a joke opponent, who INTENTIONALLY sabotages himself daily. And it will STILL be close, and they will STILL have to cheat to win.

Thunderian

Superstar
Because she was highly unpopular, and they knew it would be easier to capture the swing states with the least likeable candidate for Trumps opponent. As bad as Clinton was Trump was even less liked/voted for overall. That should tell you how bad Trump is. He is so bad, they have to set up a joke opponent, who INTENTIONALLY sabotages himself daily. And it will STILL be close, and they will STILL have to cheat to win.
No. The idea that Hillary was a precision candidate, designed to lose to Trump, ignores the mountain of evidence that everything in her life has been focused on one thing -- running for (and winning) the presidency. But you think she was chosen by some committee to lose to Trump?

vancityeagle

Veteran
No. The idea that Hillary was a precision candidate, designed to lose to Trump, ignores the mountain of evidence that everything in her life has been focused on one thing -- running for (and winning) the presidency. But you think she was chosen by some committee to lose to Trump?
I dont think its that simple, although its much closer to the truth in the case of Biden.

The Democratic establishment would have been well aware of the fact, through multiple polls that Bernie Sanders (who they cheated) would have beaten Trump, so if their bottom line was to put forward their best chance of winning, they didn't take it.

Hillary despite all of the claims of her overblown influence in world affairs by the usual crowd, is simply a puppet. She may personally have wanted to win, but the people behind her were more concerned with making sure Bernie was not the nominee (and defacto helping Trump) than with putting a Democrat in the white house.

What is happening both in 2016 and 2020 is that Trump is being set up with an opponent that will be THE EASIEST for him to attack, his opponent in both cases had the worst political record, as well as the most scandals, as well as the opponent which will rile up his base the most, and the opponent which will gaurantee low turnout of Democratic voters.

Now answer this.

If your aim is to win the whitehouse, why on earth would you put forward

- the candidate with the most scandals
- the candidate that will least excite your base
- the candidate with the worst political record, which will certainly be attacked by team Trump
- the candidate that most riles up your opponents to come out and vote against your party

and in the case of Biden

- an old man losing his mind who cannot stop saying stupid shi% on a daily basis, who has been accused of r*pe, and scandals in Ukraine

Sorry but none of this is a winning strategy.

These political operatives are not stupid, they know exactly what they are doing, and its clear the Democratic establishment do not really care about winning back the whitehouse. Now we can speculate as to why that is.

I'd say that somebody is leaning on the Democratic establishment to help make Trump's re election as easy as possible, because its going to be quite tough even when they set him up with a joke opponent. If I were to speculate even further, I'd say Israeli intelligence likely has blackmail material on the lead Democrats, (via some sort of Epstein operation) and these people have been TOLD to make sure Biden is the opponent, because they already have their gameplan set for how to destroy Biden. I'd say these people are also responsible for the Tara Reade NEW allegations surfacing just in time for it to be a political weapon. Expect more and more scandal, because its already been prepped for Trump to react to.

I'm waiting for Biden's secret blackface picture to surface.

Last edited:

Compelling candidate. I’m not a libertarian when it comes to economics ( at least not in its modern incarnation) but I am civilly and socially. My man Vermin finished third and the Nazi Adam Kokesh was out first, so maybe there still is some hope for a left-libertarian movement in this country.

Compelling candidate. I’m not a libertarian when it comes to economics ( at least not in its modern incarnation) but I am civilly and socially. My man Vermin finished third and the Nazi Adam Kokesh was out first, so maybe there still is some hope for a left-libertarian movement in this country.

Thunderian

Superstar
Now answer this.

If your aim is to win the whitehouse, why on earth would you put forward

- the candidate with the most scandals
- the candidate that will least excite your base
- the candidate with the worst political record, which will certainly be attacked by team Trump
- the candidate that most riles up your opponents to come out and vote against your party

and in the case of Biden

- an old man losing his mind who cannot stop saying stupid shi% on a daily basis, who has been accused of r*pe, and scandals in Ukraine

Sorry but none of this is a winning strategy.

These political operatives are not stupid, they know exactly what they are doing, and its clear the Democratic establishment do not really care about winning back the whitehouse. Now we can speculate as to why that is.
Political operatives are some of the stupidest people alive. If you follow politics, you can't believe otherwise.

They didn't set Trump up to win in 2016 -- they miscalculated every single thing about him. If their aim was the White House, they got it for him despite getting everything wrong.

ohhi9876

Veteran
she can still run - even this year - vp pick and take over if biden must drop out

i dont get if dems are gonna run on keeping things closed? i am thinking things will be quieter until election and then biden/ and or hillary will win - and covid will be back in winter and another shutdown will occur ...
dems can win on running to keep things closed - they can win if they blame t for messing everything up in march...

Lisa

Superstar
There's no world were Trump would have won "by a landslide". Contrary to popular belief, Trump is only popular among Republican voters. He's entirely hated by Democrats and he's only got like 45% approval by independents. Any victory he gains would be another narrow one.
I think he would have run on his record...where the economy is the best in 50 years...and would have beaten he dem hands down. Of course..now its Biden...he’s an easy target...