Gay Rights ...... Civil Rights

Johnny5

Veteran
Not the point I was making. What hurt have Christians caused exactly? I can see where people would feel judged by the gospel..you first have to understand that you’re a sinner.
True, we are all sinners.

Lisa

Superstar
Funny, the article stated that Chik Fil A is struggling to expand in Anerica. I have one opening in front of my neighborhood in a few months. There is also like 6 more within a ten mile radius. 5 of which opened in the last few years.
I have three chik fil a’s in close proximity to my house and I know of another in the next city. So that’s not true for me..and the ones close to my house are always packed every time I go there or pass them. So I can’t say I agree.

Moreaboutyou

Established
Not the point I was making. What hurt have Christians caused exactly? I can see where people would feel judged by the gospel..you first have to understand that you’re a sinner.
I have met many ppl who have been emotionally hurt/abused by christians (especially the holier than thou sect)

I personally am a follower of Christ, but my mom has always told me that a large reason why ppl are not christian is because of christians.

I am sorry that I misunderstood you statement tho!

Lisa

Superstar
I have met many ppl who have been emotionally hurt/abused by christians (especially the holier than thou sect)

I personally am a follower of Christ, but my mom has always told me that a large reason why ppl are not christian is because of christians.

I am sorry that I misunderstood you statement tho!
Do you think that’s really the reason people aren’t Christians...because of other Christians?

I’ve heard that too however I think people use that as an excuse not to become a Christian...they don’t really understand what becoming a Christian actually means when they think like that. They don’t think of being saved do they? Otherwise they might not get so wrapped up in the actions of people.

The gospel is a hard sell...people have to first realize they are sinners deserving of hell...no one likes to think that and if they see Christians acting how they think Christians shouldn’t act...well that just reinforces their preconceived ideas about God, hell and salvation.

kittybratxx

Established
Do people really have to know your sexual preference though?
i don't get with the whole people need to know who i am having sex with... it's similar to vegans they have a need to tell people.. idk if't its for validation or attention seeking or what... i mean i was at the cinema with my partner and the staff member serving us our beverages literally told us he used to go out with a guy in blackpool.... Nobody asked him.. we just wanted a pepsi :/

Kregmurraymac

Rookie
Well, i'm not from the US, but I think that back then black people were fighting for rights such as voting, begone with diferente toilets and stuff... Now what I see are gay rights activists fighting for the rights of 8 years old kids change their sex and other stuff...

Oh, there is a gym franchise here known as SmartFit, the gay men there practice something called "Banheirão" that is a huge bathroom orgy after the training. When a gym called them out to stop this they said this was homophobia so yeah, at least here gay activists are fighting for the very basic human need of bathroom homoerotic orgies.

Here: https://medium.com/revista-subjetiva/carta-de-um-gay-à-smartfit-32a7e134f4
Its in portuguese but I guess you guys can autotranslate it.

So, based on this, I say that gay activism isn't the same thing as the civil rights movement from yore
That gym washroom thing isn’t just limited to one gym, I work out from home now because I was sick of being made to feel uncomfortable by what they call “cruising”.

I have heard many say that the LBGT movement is the same as the civil rights movements that ppl of color faced in history and today.

What do you think?
The LGBTQ militants are proxy warriors of social engineers using sexual depravity as a control mechanism to deconstruct traditional (read Christian) societal structures, just as the feminist movement and the sexual liberation movement before them.

I wouldn't put them in the same category as black civil rights, even though all these movements serve some political agenda one way or another.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
The LGBTQ militants are proxy warriors of social engineers using sexual depravity as a control mechanism to deconstruct traditional (read Christian) societal structures, just as the feminist movement and the sexual liberation movement before them.

I wouldn't put them in the same category as black civil rights, even though all these movements serve some political agenda one way or another.
Not just Christian, traditional Muslim and Jewish doctrines observe a similar stance regarding homosexuality. Even Hindus and others have stances on homosexuality to varying degrees. It would appear that there is a considerable amount of common ground for us to work from in order to push back against these agendas, but at the present time we are just to divided among ourselves to make a substantive push..... and thats EXACTLY where TBTB want us!

Im not sure what political agenda or effect could be attributed to the black civil rights movement other than increasing their access to democracy and voting?

Not just Christian, traditional Muslim and Jewish doctrines observe a similar stance regarding homosexuality. Even Hindus and others have stances on homosexuality to varying degrees. It would appear that there is a considerable amount of common ground for us to work from in order to push back against these agendas, but at the present time we are just to divided among ourselves to make a substantive push..... and thats EXACTLY where TBTB want us!
Yes, there is common ground among people of faith to band together against this, but it remains clear that this agenda has been pushed in the Christian world much more than anywhere else. While the imperialists' proxy warriors in the West are homosexuals, their proxy warriors in the Middle East throw them off rooftops. But eventually the Islamic and other religious parts of the world will face the same moral subversion tactics if we are unable to stop it here.

Im not sure what political agenda or effect could be attributed to the black civil rights movement other than increasing their access to democracy and voting?
Black suffrage exists almost 100 years before the civil rights movement, so I see the civil rights movement in a different light. Systemic or institutional injustices, real or perceived, can be and are used to socially engineer society. The "black" construct was used to create the "white" construct and change the ethnic dynamic in the US from Catholic, Protestant, Jew into Black and White. It worked. 50 years later the black-white constructs have become highlighted in the presentday political discourse.

The projects were built to alienate blacks from their traditional environments, to become more easily manipulated and manageable, and simultaneously push the Catholic ethnicities (Italian, Irish, etc) outside the cities. There they became identified under the umbrella "white middle class", a new artificial category being deployed by the establishment in the horizontalization of tensions. Identity politics is the biggest weapon against social harmony, which is why they create as many identities (just look at gender theory) as possible to fracture the community to optimal effect.

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Yes, there is common ground among people of faith to band together against this, but it remains clear that this agenda has been pushed in the Christian world much more than anywhere else. While the imperialists' proxy warriors in the West are homosexuals, their proxy warriors in the Middle East throw them off rooftops. But eventually the Islamic and other religious parts of the world will face the same moral subversion tactics is we are unable to stop it here.

Black suffrage exists almost 100 years before the civil rights movement, so I see the civil rights movement in a different light. Systemic or institutional injustices, real or perceived, can be and are used to socially engineer society. The "black" construct was used to create the "white" construct and change the ethnic dynamic in the US from Catholic, Protestant, Jew into Black and White. It worked. 50 years later the black-white constructs have become highlighted in the presentday political discourse.

The projects were built to alienate blacks from their traditional environments, to become more easily manipulated and manageable, and simultaneously push the Catholic ethnicities (Italian, Irish, etc) outside the cities. There they became identified under the umbrella "white middle class", a new artificial category being deployed by the establishment in the horizontalization of tensions. Identity politics is the biggest weapon against social harmony, which is why they create as many identities (just look at gender theory) as possible to fracture the community to optimal effect.
You make a fine point about projects, they are called that for a reason eh? However, just as I enjoy black quarterbacks, white running backs and other stereotype-defying endeavors of humanity, I also enjoy when TBTB's plans for social engineering go awry. For example.... I can recall that basketball hoops on courts in white-majority parts of Boston had shamrocks on their backboards, not red, black and green stickers. I respected that. Not because I wished for others to live in poverty, but at least those people were real.... they were living the struggle to exist everyday and as hard and harsh as that life may be, its important for white people to remember that they are just a touch away from that world as well...... nothing other than God almighty is guaranteed and this life is easy come. easy go. So to me, its important that white folks keep their heads in the game, even if their privilege has some sitting on the sidelines for most of the contest.

Todd

Star
Do you think that’s really the reason people aren’t Christians...because of other Christians?

I’ve heard that too however I think people use that as an excuse not to become a Christian...they don’t really understand what becoming a Christian actually means when they think like that. They don’t think of being saved do they? Otherwise they might not get so wrapped up in the actions of people.
That's the very reason. People don't want to hear about giving their life to God when all they see is Christians who don't live much different or better than them. If they don't understand Christianity properly it's probably because of the actions and words of people who claim to be Christians.

The gospel is a hard sell...people have to first realize they are sinners deserving of hell...no one likes to think that and if they see Christians acting how they think Christians shouldn’t act...well that just reinforces their preconceived ideas about God, hell and salvation.
If the threat of eternal torment is what you are selling, I would agreee. People want answers and help with the hell they currently live, not a solution to some fictious threat of the afterlife. Most Christians do not offer much of the way in help when it comes to the hear and now, because most Christians think salvation is about the afterlife and not the here and now. Jesus preached much more about the here and now then he did about the afterlife.

Todd

Star
It's trendy today to berate Christians even when there are wonderful examples, so it's a bit of a moot point. The world system hates Christ, therefore the world system hates Christians or anything to do with Christianity. I understand there are really bad examples out there, but when MSM, Hollywood, public education, social media, politicians, and governments have joined forces and set themselves against God and His word, it doesn't matter how great an example true Christians set - they are going to be mocked and shouted down on a daily basis.

In the end, there will be no excuses accepted. Finger pointing at others as a reason to reject God will not fly. We alone make the choice to run away from Him - no one else can make us do that. If a person cannot look beyond the bad examples to discover the true Christ for themselves, then their heart was not in it in the first place.
While I agree there are wonderful examples of true genuine Christians, at least here in America, they are greatly outnumbered by the hypocritical, judgemental and plan old apathetic Christians. When it comes to actually loving our neighbor as ourselves and living out what Jesus said (Matthew 25:31-46, and Matthew 5 come to mind) it's somewhat difficult to find Christians willing to inconvenience their lifestyle to do what Jesus actually taught.

I also find it contradictory to Jesus words to imply that unbelievers have less of an excuse to believe, then Christians have to actually do what Jesus said.
Luke 12:
47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

I also find it contradictory to the Bible to claim God puts the responsibility on men to run to him and seek him out, when it makes it clear that only the spirit of God can draw somebody towards Christ. It just also happens that the bible clearly shows the spirit of God works through believers to draw others to him. So I would say the responsibility lies more with us who believe.

The reason most people do not come to Christ, is becuase no Christian has ever made a sincere attempt to bless them and meet a need in their life. Sure they have been preached at and been told the gospel with words, but most have never seen it demonstrated by actions. As St. Francis of Assisi said "Preach the Gospel at all times. When necessary, use words". Unfortunatley most Christians have it backwards and preach with words at all times and, only when it absolutley does not inconvenince their lifestyle, might once in a great while demonstrate the gospel though actions and deeds.

Your post shows absolutely zero compassion for those who have been hurt and wounded by religion and just feeds the stereotypical image the world has of Christians being hateful and judgemental.

Lisa

Superstar
That's the very reason. People don't want to hear about giving their life to God when all they see is Christians who don't live much different or better than them. If they don't understand Christianity properly it's probably because of the actions and words of people who claim to be Christians.

If the threat of eternal torment is what you are selling, I would agreee. People want answers and help with the hell they currently live, not a solution to some fictious threat of the afterlife. Most Christians do not offer much of the way in help when it comes to the hear and now, because most Christians think salvation is about the afterlife and not the here and now. Jesus preached much more about the here and now then he did about the afterlife.
I think that many Christians don’t really know how to share the gospel...I didn’t. We all thought that if we just got people to church and they heard the sermon...or talked to the pastor they would understand it better. I think churches do a great disservice in not making disciples that can share the gospel.

It is a saving sacrifice after all Todd...that part has to be told...but it would be erroneous to say that Jesus doesn’t help peoples life now..which is why we also give our personal testimonies.

I also think that people have a preconceived notion as to how they think Christians should act and if they don’t..then they are quick to say they wouldn’t want to be like them...its an excuse.

Todd

Star
I think that many Christians don’t really know how to share the gospel...I didn’t.
Let me ask you this. How many individuals lives have been totally changed and transformed becuase of you sharing the gospel using words with others? And I don't mean how many people have prayed the sinners prayer. I'm talking about people whose lives were a mess and because of the gospel have totally transformed and now live a completely different life, totally set free from whatever they were perviously in bondage to.

Lisa

Superstar
Let me ask you this. How many individuals lives have been totally changed and transformed becuase of you sharing the gospel using words with others? And I don't mean how many people have prayed the sinners prayer. I'm talking about people whose lives were a mess and because of the gospel have totally transformed and now live a completely different life, totally set free from whatever they were perviously in bondage to.
Romans‬ ‭10:14-15, 17‬ ‭
How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, “HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!”

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.​
‭‭
Mark‬ ‭16:15‬ ‭
And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”
‭‭
You have to preach the Good News.

Todd

Star
Romans‬ ‭10:14-15, 17‬ ‭​

How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, “HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!”​

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.​
‭‭
Mark‬ ‭16:15‬ ‭​

And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”
‭‭
You have to preach the Good News.
Can't answer the question eh?

When Romans and Mark were written no one in the world had yet heard the gospel, so of course preaching it was important.

Although they might not understand it, most people in America today have at least heard some form of the gospel. Unfortuanely most of them have not seen much fruit of the gospel.

Lisa

Superstar
Can't answer the question eh?

When Romans and Mark were written no one in the world had yet heard the gospel, so of course preaching it was important.

Although they might not understand it, most people in America today have at least heard some form of the gospel. Unfortuanely most of them have not seen much fruit of the gospel.
I did answer the question....Biblically speaking we share the Gospel. Preaching the Gospel is still important.

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭3:5-7, 9‬ ‭
What then is Apollos? And what is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, even as the Lord gave opportunity to each one. I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth. So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth.

For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building.
What you want to argue is foolishness..most people in America think they know the gospel but they don’t..think they know what a Christian is all about but they don’t. It’s through God’s word that we know what we should be...can’t discount His word.

Todd

Star
I did answer the question....Biblically speaking we share the Gospel. Preaching the Gospel is still important.

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭3:5-7, 9‬ ‭​

What then is Apollos? And what is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, even as the Lord gave opportunity to each one. I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth. So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth.​

For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building.​

What you want to argue is foolishness..most people in America think they know the gospel but they don’t..think they know what a Christian is all about but they don’t. It’s through God’s word that we know what we should be...can’t discount His word.
As usual the whole point is going over your head...

You still didn't answer the question though...How many individuals lives have been totally changed and transformed because of you sharing the gospel using words with others?

Lisa

Superstar
As usual the whole point is going over your head...

You still didn't answer the question though...How many individuals lives have been totally changed and transformed because of you sharing the gospel using words with others?
I don’t think so...Jesus told us to share the Gospel, people still need to hear the gospel today. In fact people will still be proclaiming the gospel throughout the world even till the end...

Mark‬ ‭13:9-11‬ ‭
But be on your guard; for they will deliver you to the courts, and you will be flogged in the synagogues, and you will stand before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them. The gospel must first be preached to all the nations. When they arrest you and hand you over, do not worry beforehand about what you are to say, but say whatever is given you in that hour; for it is not you who speak, but it is the Holy Spirit.
‭‭