Gay Rights ...... Civil Rights

Moreaboutyou

Established
Do you think that’s really the reason people aren’t Christians...because of other Christians?

I’ve heard that too however I think people use that as an excuse not to become a Christian...they don’t really understand what becoming a Christian actually means when they think like that. They don’t think of being saved do they? Otherwise they might not get so wrapped up in the actions of people.

The gospel is a hard sell...people have to first realize they are sinners deserving of hell...no one likes to think that and if they see Christians acting how they think Christians shouldn’t act...well that just reinforces their preconceived ideas about God, hell and salvation.
Yes I do. I think there are ppl out there who have been hurt by christians and therefore refuse to have anything to do with any God they serve. As believers we have a great responsibility to treat ppl as well as we can as much as we can.

And yes they don't understand anything about Jesus or his views on life, so all they have is us.

I am not saying that it is right, but I do know many ppl who are off put with Christ because of his "followers." It is a very sad case.

Lisa

Superstar
Yes I do. I think there are ppl out there who have been hurt by christians and therefore refuse to have anything to do with any God they serve. As believers we have a great responsibility to treat ppl as well as we can as much as we can.

And yes they don't understand anything about Jesus or his views on life, so all they have is us.

I am not saying that it is right, but I do know many ppl who are off put with Christ because of his "followers." It is a very sad case.
True, we should treat people as well as we can as much as we can but also I think when you start telling the truth that makes people mad and it changes relationships...often for the worse because people don’t want to hang out with you.

You don’t mention what the Christians did that out people off..so I really can’t comment to that. Again I think it’s an excuse to be done with God.

You make a fine point about projects, they are called that for a reason eh? However, just as I enjoy black quarterbacks, white running backs and other stereotype-defying endeavors of humanity, I also enjoy when TBTB's plans for social engineering go awry. For example.... I can recall that basketball hoops on courts in white-majority parts of Boston had shamrocks on their backboards, not red, black and green stickers. I respected that. Not because I wished for others to live in poverty, but at least those people were real.... they were living the struggle to exist everyday and as hard and harsh as that life may be, its important for white people to remember that they are just a touch away from that world as well...... nothing other than God almighty is guaranteed and this life is easy come. easy go. So to me, its important that white folks keep their heads in the game, even if their privilege has some sitting on the sidelines for most of the contest.
Actually, white folks, and in particular white Christian conservatives (not to be mistaken for neocons), have been ahead of the game for years because they're the ones who have been living the social engineering for decades as their Christian conservative world view has been consistently under attack. The re-emergence of nationalism is a symptom of this. Trump is a manifestation of that with his "America first" principle. The nations are under attack by a ruthless financial and political globalism (the project for global governace and destruction of national sovereignty and identity). And while ethnicity becomes more and more relevant to the debate, those who reinforce the identity politics that divide the national identity or those that conflate nationalism with racial supremacy or conflate majority privilege with white privilege, are those that play in the hands of the globalists, because the people's discontent with politics gets focused horizontally instead of vertically. These identity politics (including the "white" identity) are a manufactured trap. First of all because they camouflage the class struggle with a racial struggle (or a gender struggle if we look at feminism). Secondly because 'white' is not an identity. Neither is 'black' or 'brown' or 'yellow'. They are meaningless constructs. The primary factors of ethnicity are language and culture, which is mostly based on religion. How then does one explain that Italian Catholics and Dutch Protestants belong to the same group? How does one explain that American black Evangelicals are in the same group as Somalian Muslims? It's a complete fraud and people need to wake up from this scam.

Last edited:

Moreaboutyou

Established
True, we should treat people as well as we can as much as we can but also I think when you start telling the truth that makes people mad and it changes relationships...often for the worse because people don’t want to hang out with you.

You don’t mention what the Christians did that out people off..so I really can’t comment to that. Again I think it’s an excuse to be done with God.
The ppl who are most off put with God/Jesus are the ones who have been told they are going to hell for a particular action. Now we know if you do not believe in Jesus as the son of God you will not go to heaven, but running around willy nilly telling people they are hell bound can really hurt (especially as a child)

Another frequent complaint is that Christians have seemed to be cold , harsh and distant. Not loving gentle or kind. After meeting with these so called christians the individuals felt that what ever God they worshipped was not someone they would like to meet.

Ultimately it is an excuse. But I think it is a pretty good one. Humans typically react off of first impressions. Many christians leave a sour taste in the mouths of the "unclean, immoral, or hell bound," ppl they have labeled.

Lisa

Superstar
The ppl who are most off put with God/Jesus are the ones who have been told they are going to hell for a particular action. Now we know if you do not believe in Jesus as the son of God you will not go to heaven, but running around willy nilly telling people they are hell bound can really hurt (especially as a child)

Another frequent complaint is that Christians have seemed to be cold , harsh and distant. Not loving gentle or kind. After meeting with these so called christians the individuals felt that what ever God they worshipped was not someone they would like to meet.

Ultimately it is an excuse. But I think it is a pretty good one. Humans typically react off of first impressions. Many christians leave a sour taste in the mouths of the "unclean, immoral, or hell bound," ppl they have labeled.
Sure..but are they going to hell for sin? Is telling a homosexual they are going to be thrown into the lake of fire where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth wrong? I would say it is if you don’t give them Jesus too..there is a way out of that punishment. Christians are just people who believed that they are saved by believing in Jesus sacrifice for them, which means that we also had to believe that we were sinners first.

Let me ask you...is God only loving, gentle and kind? I think we can agree that some of God’s methods seem to us to be harsh, unloving and cold. Like people say...who has their Son sacrifice Himself?

I think those words would have more meaning if used in some sort of context..we all have our ideas about what loving, gentle and kind are and what it means to us.
In another thread I am often spoken of as unloving and cold because I don’t think it’s particularly loving to let people sleep in tents on the sidewalk...

No, its not a good excuse...most excuses aren’t good ones are they? Will they come up before God and say..well its your people that turned me off of You? Reminds me of Adam telling God..it was the woman you gave me...that doesn’t fly.

Many Christians leave a bad taste because they stand up for what is right..lets be clear about that. If a Christian says its wrong to be homosexual than they are branded..if they say its wrong to kill the unborn, they are branded...Christians are right to say those things, since they are Biblically right.

Moreaboutyou

Established
Sure..but are they going to hell for sin? Is telling a homosexual they are going to be thrown into the lake of fire where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth wrong? I would say it is if you don’t give them Jesus too..there is a way out of that punishment. Christians are just people who believed that they are saved by believing in Jesus sacrifice for them, which means that we also had to believe that we were sinners first.

Let me ask you...is God only loving, gentle and kind? I think we can agree that some of God’s methods seem to us to be harsh, unloving and cold. Like people say...who has their Son sacrifice Himself?

I think those words would have more meaning if used in some sort of context..we all have our ideas about what loving, gentle and kind are and what it means to us.
In another thread I am often spoken of as unloving and cold because I don’t think it’s particularly loving to let people sleep in tents on the sidewalk...

No, its not a good excuse...most excuses aren’t good ones are they? Will they come up before God and say..well its your people that turned me off of You? Reminds me of Adam telling God..it was the woman you gave me...that doesn’t fly.

Many Christians leave a bad taste because they stand up for what is right..lets be clear about that. If a Christian says its wrong to be homosexual than they are branded..if they say its wrong to kill the unborn, they are branded...Christians are right to say those things, since they are Biblically right.
I don't recall Jesus walking around pointing his fingers and saying you are going to hell. The ppl he was the most aggressive with were the pharasees.

If "telling the truth," moves ppl furhter away from God, I am going to try something else. It is not my job to tell ppl that they are going to hell. I would much rather show them the love of God. Sin does not get you to hell, the disbelief of Christ as the son of God does.

I am all about telling the truth, but we must be careful about what we say and how we say it.

I feel you though, I do

Lisa

Superstar
I wonder if this news will hurt Chik fil a..after all so many people supported it when its ceo and founder said that marriage was between a man and a woman..they also close on Sundays to let their employees go to worship services...I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Chick-fil-A’s announcement that it was dumping the Salvation Army and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, which have come under attack by gay activist groups, caught Christian fans of the fast food chain by surprise. It shouldn’t have if they had been paying attention to CFA’s corporate structure.
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2019/11/chick-fil-put-obama-and-hillary-supporter-charge-daniel-greenfield/