Gavin McInnes In His Own Words: Proud Boys Engage In Violence For Fun

rainerann

Star
Honestly, I had never heard of the proud boys or this Gavin guy until we had a thread about him being banned from Twitter a while back, and I know many people who would be considered conservative.

The beauty or the curse of social media I guess. Things like this travel miles they would never otherwise travel. I have never heard a conservative talk like this. I know these things are really being said on social media, but I have never actually met someone who seemed to believe in anything that is considered alt right in real life. I really think social media might be creating a distorted sense of reality.

elsbet

Superstar
Honestly, I had never heard of the proud boys or this Gavin guy until we had a thread about him being banned from Twitter a while back, and I know many people who would be considered conservative.

The beauty or the curse of social media I guess. Things like this travel miles they would never otherwise travel. I have never heard a conservative talk like this. I know these things are really being said on social media, but I have never actually met someone who seemed to believe in anything that is considered alt right in real life. I really think social media might be creating a distorted sense of reality.

He had a comedy show called How to be a Man... maybe the show is not yet over?

I shrug-- I cant stand him, and I didn't even know who he was before this thread.

rainerann

Star
He had a comedy show called How to be a Man... maybe the show is not yet over?

I shrug-- I cant stand him, and I didn't even know who he was before this thread.
I had never heard of that movie. Had to look that up too.

So he is basically hollywood right wing then. Makes so much more sense. Social media is starting to look more and more staged and flooded with actors everyday. It is almost like living in two realities. The social media one and the real one.

Maybe we are in the matrix.

Etagloc

Superstar
I mean this just confirms the whole reason why I made this thread: that both sides are moving towards terrorism- https://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/crude-pipe-bombs-sent-to-soros-clinton-obama-and-cnn/ .

That was the whole reason I made this thread. And then boom- almost immediately after- this.

And people who think Trump is going to not see another term- I think you're wrong. You can ask my neighbors- I told them Trump was going to win. Everyone said I was crazy and Hillary was definitely going to win. I went against what people were saying and I did claim Trump was going to win. So I predicted his win in the first place and I saying here and now that I believe he will get a second term. I don't like Trump but "Trump is a fascist, Trump is Hitler," anti-Trump hysteria- this is the same stuff was when it was Bush- yet Bush won the re-election. And I'm no Trump fan but we have to be calm. The left is frothing at the mouth. I am saying that I think (not that I know, as I'm not claiming knowledge of the unseen- but I) we'll have two Trump terms- and then we'll get another "hope and change" type.

I didn't make this because I particularly care about the Proud Boys specifically. I think both sides are moving towards terrorism. This is just the beginning of Trump's first term. I think the things are going to continue moving in the direction they're going- and imagine how far things will go in Trump's second term, supposing he gets another term (and I think he will). Look at how extreme the left got during Obama's second term. Both sides are going to get more and more radical, I believe, and I think we're headed in the direction of political violence.

Personally, I'm for traditional values, I believe in traditional values but- man, I'd rather let Antifa take power than alt-right types. The silent majority of conservatives might be regular, decent, traditonal conservatives- but I think it's the alt-right types who are the vocal minority and who are being the most visible. And I do think someone or something, some force or something- must be backing the alt-right and I think there's a push for the alt-right to hijack the conservative movement. I think the conservative camp is getting taken over by the alt-right. I feel like I'm in a zombie movie where you see someone you know- it's your neighbor, your family member, whoever- and you know this person and you love this person but they've been taken over by the zombie virus and you feel mixed feelings because you recognize their face but.... they've been taken over by the zombie virus and so you have to do what you have to do- as reluctant as you feel.

I'm thinking specifically of the daughter-turned zombie from Night of the Living Dead (man- that scene with.... the shovel..... scared the heck out of me when I was a kid).

elsbet

Superstar
I had never heard of that movie. Had to look that up too.

So he is basically hollywood right wing then. Makes so much more sense. Social media is starting to look more and more staged and flooded with actors everyday. It is almost like living in two realities. The social media one and the real one.

Maybe we are in the matrix.
You've seen Wag the Dog, right, @rainerann ?

That should be mandatory viewing for everyone imo. :)

Etagloc

Superstar

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Hey, I hope like hell I'm wrong, but Trump has all the signs of a dictator-in-waiting, and his reactionary tendencies for a crisis would be unmatched. I just feel with the people around him (Worst Bush Era officials, The Family etc) that something will happen before 2020 (or 2024 if reelected before anything happens). I'd love to think he will lose in 2 years, hopefully to Sanders (or Barbara Lee in my fantasy), but I'm not optimistic.

I hope every single one of the posters on this forum, myself included, are wrong about all the different theories we have, and I mean it. I don't want any of this shit to be real.
I agree with much of what you both have posted and am learning quite a bit from yalls respectful dialog. I think Trump is the kind of incompetent bungler who is easy enough to control now to set up whatever "twist" they might be preparing to introduce.... but once its game time, he's too much of a clown for TPTB to trust him with the keys to the Caddy..... I think if whatever is in the works in those regards comes to fruition, Trumps masters will either allow him to exit stage left, or they will simply liquidate his liability.

I agree with much of what you both have posted and am learning quite a bit from yalls respectful dialog. I think Trump is the kind of incompetent bungler who is easy enough to control now to set up whatever "twist" they might be preparing to introduce.... but once its game time, he's too much of a clown for TPTB to trust him with the keys to the Caddy..... I think if whatever is in the works in those regards comes to fruition, Trumps masters will either allow him to exit stage left, or they will simply liquidate his liability.
Mike Pence is just waiting, after all “God” told him he would be President one day.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Wow. If he's so hot to engage in violence, where are all the vids of him backing up his rhetoric? My guess is hes like most of his ilk.... willing to be "that guy" who runs over and delivers the final kick to a downed opponent after his friends have jumped them into a coma.... but certainly not willing to engage in one-on-one, or even numbers combat.
Yeah it’s called “ fight like a biker gang”

Aero

Superstar
The alt-right has always had their teeth in the conservative base. Before the Tea Party took obstructionism to new levels people were bombing abortion clinics and shooting doctors. So this stuff isn't new it just has different faces.

There were plenty of communists before Antifa became a thing. Just saying, I think a lot of these trends aren't really real. Or they are something completely different than what perception tells us.

It's the same type of zealotry we have seen all throughout history.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Bottom line: Hate is hate and it's an equal opportunity offender.

Antifa, Black Lives Matter: Hates whites. Hates authority. Hates independent thought. Beats/kills people who don't agree with them. Destroys property.

White Supremacists: Hates non-whites. Hates authority. Hates independent thought. Beats/kills people who don't agree with them. Destroys property.

There is no difference. There is no better or worse. They are the same people.
There is a huge difference between the Black Lives matter movement (which isnt even really effective OR active at this point) and White Supremacist organizations. The fact that you chose to conjoin the two shows a lot about what your actual agenda is.......
Btw, you sure went out of your way to whine about links and make accusations in other threads..... once provided with them, you fell silent.... but still managed to come spout off here eh?

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Did I not make it clear enough why - based on your childish bullying, disgusting name calling, and tantrums - I can't take you seriously? I don't feed trolls and won't waste my time with nonsense. Try behaving like an adult.
Nah, you just kept asking for what myself and other kept providing. Then when you had no excuses left to make or others to blame, you simply took your faulty rhetoric and compromised "logic" to another thread where you could start anew.... pretending like you and your arguments weren't decimated in every other thread you pipe up in......
And if what you just typed was true? You wouldn't have typed it at all lol

Xoalienn

Rookie
Did I not make it clear enough why - based on your childish bullying, disgusting name calling, and tantrums - I can't take you seriously? I don't feed trolls and won't waste my time with nonsense. Try behaving like an adult.
I was simply going to comment on this thread that I can’t take Tempest or Colonel V seriously Then one of them claimed BLM and White Supremacists are different...um.