From "As Above, so Below" to "On Earth as it is in Heaven"

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I haven't watched the video either.....but just on the subject of AASB, this is one comparison between the Bible, and the Message paraphrase:

King James Version
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.​
The Message
9-17 Our Father in heaven, Reveal who you are. Set the world right; Do what’s best— as above, so below. Keep us alive with three square meals. Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others. Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil. You’re in charge! You can do anything you want! You’re ablaze in beauty! Yes. Yes. Yes.​

I find it really odd that other Christians don't understand why I dislike this paraphrase being used to teach.
Just bumping the video a bit, David W Daniels used to be interested in the occult -

His understanding of what the Baphomet is used to represent is made the clearer because he is not seduced by its message...

elsbet

Superstar
How about cernunnos, pan..? Im sure there can be more prototypes found if we go further back in history. He din't come from nowhere.
Exactly.. could go back all the way to Azazel-- the Scapegoat of the OT.

Helioform

Star
Azazel was an archetype of the goats being sacrificed by the Jews to atone sins at the Day of the Atonement. This goat sacrificing was the foreshadow of what Jesus came to accomplish -- which is being sacrificed ("scapegoated") to atone sins. He became sin to destroy all sins.